Sign in to follow this  
JEDI

The Amazing Race 24 (All-Stars) discussion

11 All-Star Teams Including The Globetrotters, The Cowboys, Brendon & Rachel and Dave & Connor Return For Another Chance at $1 Million

CBS announced today the 11 all-star teams returning for another sprint around the globe and the opportunity to win the $1 million dollar prize, on the new season of THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan (@philkeoghan) is the host.

This season, which marks the 24th race around the world for the series, will feature some of the most memorable duos. Eleven all-star teams return for another chance to win THE AMAZING RACE, but in a dramatic twist one team will not make it to the starting line. The returning teams include fan favorites The Globetrotters, The Cowboys, Dave & Connor, Brendon & Rachel, and more.

Teams will be put to the test as they travel through four continents and nine countries, spanning more than 35,000 miles. The Race will take them on a mission high above the city in Guangzhou, China, rappelling down the roaring rapids of the Kiansom Waterfall in Malaysia, fighting with Gladiators in Rome, Italy and fueling up vehicles in Sri Lanka.

THE AMAZING RACE sends 11 teams on a trek around the world. Each Team is comprised of two people who have a pre-existing relationship with one another. At every destination, each Team competes in a series of challenges — some mental and some physical — and when the tasks have been completed, they learn their next destination. Teams who are farthest behind will gradually be eliminated as the contest progresses, with the first team to arrive at the final destination winning at least $1 million.

Source: http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/news/1001845/

So... who is excited for this All-Star season, and to see your Heroes prevail and Notorious Foes fail?

This is the third time for the Globetrotters and the cowboys. And we know how watered down Brenchel is. Sounds more like old-timers day than an All-Star season. Took a long time but has TAR jumped the shark?

Oh, did I just see that Margie & Luke and back again, too? Good grief.

I don't like having teams back for a third time. If I was them, I wouldn't be complaining, but let's give some other teams a shot.

Here's one of my problems with the amazing race. When I first started watching TAR in season 5, there was always that one team that imploded, argued and yelled, stuck around for nearly the entire season, but they never won. Colin and Christie, Jonathan and Victoria (the WORST of all), and Ron and Kelly. I love watching the competition, but I love actually having teams to root for and teams to root against. None of the teams seem to reach that level of implosion any more, even Luke smashing the cups on the ground doesn't reach that level. I feel like I could root for any of these teams and not care who wins, and it makes the race less exciting. I want that team to root against.

Guest 6Borders

I detest All Stars but I've had to be a captive audience due to a weekend job.

I think they should get to play once in a regular season (with all new teams)

and if TAR insists on having Dull Stars so be it but teams should only get 2 shots

at it!

Rooting for Dave and Connor this season since they are the least annoyin of all

the teams.

Guest 6Borders

Is it just me or do U-Turns seem the easiest they have every been???

Sign in to follow this