BB Season 15 disappointment

a_starry_night

Same as the majority of BB fans, I am disappointed in this season of Big Brother! The sad thing is that my disappointment does not stem from Amanda's bullying techniques, but from the lack of support given to prevent or put a stop to the bullying. It seems to me that this season was "scripted" as a "good vs. evil" season and yet, those deemed to be on the good side were so easily dragged to the evil side. No one was strong enough in morals to stand up against the horrific nature of this house. Worse yet, they enabled the bullying and bashing tactics and finally joined in to become part of the problem. This season has shown us that racism, homophobia, jealousy, bullying, and other prejudices and harassments are sadly still prevalent within society.

I am voting for Elissa as America's Favorite Player. The game reasons that I have chosen to do so are as follows:

1 - Elissa was targeted with hatred from day one of entering this house, not for anything about herself, but for what this mob mentality thought; yet she managed to remain in the game for a long time.

2 - Elissa did not lower herself to "join in" and dismiss her own values and morals and only played using "game" not on a personal level!

3 - Elissa did play the game and attempted to make moves with little or no support.

4 - Elissa won veto competitions and HOH competitions when they were most important for her to remain in the game.

5 - Elissa was onto the scheming of Andy and Spencer and knew not to trust either of them when others believed they were true!

Now the non-game reasons:

1 - The other house guests in no way deserve to win anything!

2 - The amount of bashing aimed at Elissa, her husband, children, sister and her husband, and even her parents can not be overlooked.

3 - I want to see the looks on the others as she is named Americas Favorite Player!

Finally, It is my humble opinion that in a season that was supposed to be full of twists, I would LOVE for the final twist to be that the BB winner must be one of the members of the jury house, not the BB house and America gets to vote!!!! A girl can dream!!!

In reality, one of these awful people will win, but as I tried to explain to my children, evil may appear to win and for a time it does, but it never lasts and nothing good can be achieved when it stems from evil!!!

I agree 100%

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This season I watched the first episode and then BBAD one night and didnt know if I would even tune back in. I was so repulsed by GM being loud, obnoxious & bouncing off the walls like a toddler. The camera seemed to be stuck on Aaryn the majority of the time & again, not impressed. She & Kaitlin were obviously the meangirls. The majority of the females seemed incapable of intelligent or even pleasant conversation...and they were absolutely obsessed with playing with their hair when speaking. Candace looked at everyone like they were insects to be crushed. Judd looked & talked like that freaky kid on Fat Albert, Spencer had a creepy vibe, Elissa's obvious cosmetic enhancements & interactions with others were strange, Jeremy was rude, David appeared dumber than a box of hair, Jessie was clueless, Nick was arrogant, McCrae had no spine, Helen seemed somewhat normal, Amanda was aggressive, Andy was the token gay guy.....

Just another season of BB. But, This group DID take raunchy to a new level so I've enjoyed reading others' views on this forum. But, I also have to say that there are some people on this forum who simply cannot refrain from lecturing others if they say something negative about Elissa! I understand they feel she was the least vile and they are probably right but that doesn't mean that everyone who doesn't like her is evil and in need of a lecture. People get waaaay too intense and/or holier than thou sometimes.

Same as the majority of BB fans, I am disappointed in this season of Big Brother! The sad thing is that my disappointment does not stem from Amanda's bullying techniques, but from the lack of support given to prevent or put a stop to the bullying. It seems to me that this season was "scripted" as a "good vs. evil" season and yet, those deemed to be on the good side were so easily dragged to the evil side. No one was strong enough in morals to stand up against the horrific nature of this house. Worse yet, they enabled the bullying and bashing tactics and finally joined in to become part of the problem. This season has shown us that racism, homophobia, jealousy, bullying, and other prejudices and harassments are sadly still prevalent within society.

I am voting for Elissa as America's Favorite Player. The game reasons that I have chosen to do so are as follows:

1 - Elissa was targeted with hatred from day one of entering this house, not for anything about herself, but for what this mob mentality thought; yet she managed to remain in the game for a long time.

2 - Elissa did not lower herself to "join in" and dismiss her own values and morals and only played using "game" not on a personal level!

3 - Elissa did play the game and attempted to make moves with little or no support.

4 - Elissa won veto competitions and HOH competitions when they were most important for her to remain in the game.

5 - Elissa was onto the scheming of Andy and Spencer and knew not to trust either of them when others believed they were true!

2 - The amount of bashing aimed at Elissa, her husband, children, sister and her husband, and even her parents can not be overlooked.

3 - I want to see the looks on the others as she is named Americas Favorite Player!

Finally, It is my humble opinion that in a season that was supposed to be full of twists, I would LOVE for the final twist to be that the BB winner must be one of the members of the jury house, not the BB house and America gets to vote!!!! A girl can dream!!!

In reality, one of these awful people will win, but as I tried to explain to my children, evil may appear to win and for a time it does, but it never lasts and nothing good can be achieved when it stems from evil!!!

awesome post! :clap::clap:

I am voting for Candice over Elissa because Candice was ostracized and demeaned by many of the HG for the majority of her stay in the house. The lies that were told about Candice seriously hurt any attempt she made to play the game. I'm sure Elissa will win Fan Favorite and I have no problem with that, but I also want Candice to at least come in second. This will send a message to those in the house that some of the fans found their behavior deplorable.

Bergupnorth,Fred the turtle,Stevea11,Linda60639,Zyinyi,and Taharqa...love your posts!!! can't quote you all just wanted you to know i appreciate your insight..the rest of you i quoted ..same thing..nice to feel i'm not alone ! :cheers: plus NYROSE!

:cheers:

This season I watched the first episode and then BBAD one night and didnt know if I would even tune back in. I was so repulsed by GM being loud, obnoxious & bouncing off the walls like a toddler. The camera seemed to be stuck on Aaryn the majority of the time & again, not impressed. She & Kaitlin were obviously the meangirls. The majority of the females seemed incapable of intelligent or even pleasant conversation...and they were absolutely obsessed with playing with their hair when speaking. Candace looked at everyone like they were insects to be crushed. Judd looked & talked like that freaky kid on Fat Albert, Spencer had a creepy vibe, Elissa's obvious cosmetic enhancements & interactions with others were strange, Jeremy was rude, David appeared dumber than a box of hair, Jessie was clueless, Nick was arrogant, McCrae had no spine, Helen seemed somewhat normal, Amanda was aggressive, Andy was the token gay guy.....

Just another season of BB. But, This group DID take raunchy to a new level so I've enjoyed reading others' views on this forum. But, I also have to say that there are some people on this forum who simply cannot refrain from lecturing others if they say something negative about Elissa! I understand they feel she was the least vile and they are probably right but that doesn't mean that everyone who doesn't like her is evil and in need of a lecture. People get waaaay too intense and/or holier than thou sometimes.

No comment about Howard? Was he that easily forgettable? :dontgetit:

So I didn't hear Elissa say horrible things about the other houseguests? Hmmmm I think she bashed them just as much to anyone that would listen to her. I think the other hg's are horrible too but she is not innocent of this. She did win when she needed to and kept her word. Don't get me wrong I ended up rooting for her and not understanding the mentality of the others for not wanting to go against the house. What a bunch of crap. I was watching some old Dr Will episodes yesterday ahhhhhh the good old days when this show was fun and you wanted to tune in just to see what the hell they were going to do next. These hg's are a pale imatation of some really great BB seasons.

Julie Chen would really love that finding.

:animated_rotfl:

I don't think Julie Chen gives a rat's *ss about BB. It's just a stupid job to her, which her hubby provided. She shows up once a week for an hour, and reads a teleprompter like a robot for a few minutes. Then she flies back to her life of luxury and looks down upon the peons. I doubt she ever flips the channel to BB, because it's entertainment for the lowest-common-denominator of the masses. Her and Elissa would probably get along great, if Elissa was capable of stringing together one coherent sentence.

Sooooo true. Not sure how trashing fellow posters is any better than someone trashing a HG (who willingly put themselves on display for the world to watch and judge).

I don't think Julie Chen gives a rat's *ss about BB. It's just a stupid job to her, which her hubby provided. She shows up once a week for an hour, and reads a teleprompter like a robot for a few minutes. Then she flies back to her life of luxury and looks down upon the peons. I doubt she ever flips the channel to BB, because it's entertainment for the lowest-common-denominator of the masses. Her and Elissa would probably get along great, if Elissa was capable of stringing together one coherent sentence.

Wow, entertainment for the lowest common denominator of the masses?

I find Big Brother entertaining, although a lot of the antics of the hg's I do find disgusting.

Should I be insulted, or what??

Wow, entertainment for the lowest common denominator of the masses?

I find Big Brother entertaining, although a lot of the antics of the hg's I do find disgusting.

Should I be insulted, or what??

Maybe, but we're all watching it. I find it entertaining, but it's definitely LCD entertainment. Nothing wrong with that, but elitists wouldn't be caught watching it, unless they were on it and ho'ing for fame.

Big Brother is a perfect example of social psychology. Put different people from different backgrounds in a closed environment and see how their thoughts, feelings and behaviors are affected by one another. When it comes right down to it there is no way you can know how YOU will respond in that kind of situation if you haven't been in it. It's like I've said before, there are many previous house guests who will tell you they are surprised at their behavior in that house. It's a foreign environment for all of them. Once we become adults we are pretty set in our ways due to our experiences growing up. This situation is so far from the norm it isn't funny.

I know most people sit and watch the live feeds and think they would never react like someone just did but it's impossible to know that for sure. It has a profound affect on them mentally, to be in a closed house for weeks on end. I'm not trying to excuse their behavior, just explain it to some degree. Some house guests do a pretty good job dealing with the circumstances while others completely lose it.

Ever since season one I've watched this show because of the social experiment it provides. I've tried very hard to not have a favorite in the show so I can look at each person's reaction to situations. Needless to say this season has not been like any other we've seen. I hope that each of the house guests can get on with their lives and not be extremely traumatized by the experience. Unfortunately I don't think that will be the case for a few of them but maybe, just maybe, they will be able to learn from all this and work on those areas which appear so negative.

Wow, I guess he was! Just kidding. My first impression of Howard? The poor guy is toast:(. If the other hg's had access to lions, they would have donned their bedsheet togas & been quite entertained at the spectacle. He seems like a great guy… not a good BB player though.

Big Brother is a perfect example of social psychology. Put different people from different backgrounds in a closed environment and see how their thoughts, feelings and behaviors are affected by one another. When it comes right down to it there is no way you can know how YOU will respond in that kind of situation if you haven't been in it. It's like I've said before, there are many previous house guests who will tell you they are surprised at their behavior in that house. It's a foreign environment for all of them. Once we become adults we are pretty set in our ways due to our experiences growing up. This situation is so far from the norm it isn't funny.

I know most people sit and watch the live feeds and think they would never react like someone just did but it's impossible to know that for sure. It has a profound affect on them mentally, to be in a closed house for weeks on end. I'm not trying to excuse their behavior, just explain it to some degree. Some house guests do a pretty good job dealing with the circumstances while others completely lose it.

Ever since season one I've watched this show because of the social experiment it provides. I've tried very hard to not have a favorite in the show so I can look at each person's reaction to situations. Needless to say this season has not been like any other we've seen. I hope that each of the house guests can get on with their lives and not be extremely traumatized by the experience. Unfortunately I don't think that will be the case for a few of them but maybe, just maybe, they will be able to learn from all this and work on those areas which appear so negative.

Nice post, Moxie :)

You want a quote about howard? How bout the hand job candice gave him?

So I didn't hear Elissa say horrible things about the other houseguests? Hmmmm I think she bashed them just as much to anyone that would listen to her. I think the other hg's are horrible too but she is not innocent of this. She did win when she needed to and kept her word. Don't get me wrong I ended up rooting for her and not understanding the mentality of the others for not wanting to go against the house. What a bunch of crap. I was watching some old Dr Will episodes yesterday ahhhhhh the good old days when this show was fun and you wanted to tune in just to see what the hell they were going to do next. These hg's are a pale imatation of some really great BB seasons.

I ended up rooting for her too, but by then it was too late, she was out the door the next episode...

Chuckles-Candies.jpg

I love those things, except for the green...

I agree that it is indeed a social experiment and a study of human behavior, I have also noticed how the sickness on the show has also extended to the fans of the show like with the Elissa bashing and the constant obsession with Howard's penis and people's fixation with sex acts surrounding his penis. It's weird how TV influences people.

Im glad the two elitist racists got evicted and hopefully the racist with the eating disorder will lose also.

I hope someone puts together a video montage with analysis about these subjects.

Taharqa, on 12 Sept 2013 - 6:38 PM, said:

I agree that it is indeed a social experiment and a study of human behavior, I have also noticed how the sickness on the show has also extended to the fans of the show like with the Elissa bashing and the constant obsession with Howard's penis and people's fixation with sex acts surrounding his penis. It's weird how TV influences people.

Im glad the two elitist racists got evicted and hopefully the racist with the eating disorder will lose also.

I hope someone puts together a video montage with analysis about these subjects.

I saw nothing snide in Tahara's post. I saw opinion and discussion. there has been a lot of E bashing and obsession about physical aspects of all guests including what T focused on. Of course there was a lot of comment on the sex acts of the luv vermin.

I hope GM wins, but not to reward her for her racism, but for other aspects of her. I do not see her racism as being like Aryan's nor do I see Amanda's comments as being so much racist as a misperception of her position and in that she assumed a privilege she did not have so T's calling her elitist was accurate even though the term racist might not be accurate about her.

Taharqa, on 12 Sept 2013 - 6:38 PM, said:I agree that it is indeed a social experiment and a study of human behavior, I have also noticed how the sickness on the show has also extended to the fans of the show like with the Elissa bashing and the constant obsession with Howard's penis and people's fixation with sex acts surrounding his penis. It's weird how TV influences people.Im glad the two elitist racists got evicted and hopefully the racist with the eating disorder will lose also.I hope someone puts together a video montage with analysis about these subjects.

I saw nothing snide in Tahara's post. I saw opinion and discussion. there has been a lot of E bashing and obsession about physical aspects of all guests including what T focused on. Of course there was a lot of comment on the sex acts of the luv vermin.I hope GM wins, but not to reward her for her racism, but for other aspects of her. I do not see her racism as being like Aryan's nor do I see Amanda's comments as being so much racist as a misperception of her position and in that she assumed a privilege she did not have so T's calling her elitist was accurate even though the term racist might not be accurate about her.

I just ignore the trolls, they are easy to spot based on their screen-names and avatars, they typically fail to communicate without profanity and seem easily agitated by the typewritten words on their computer screens.

I hope my comments about Aryan didn't upset her fans too much, calling her a racist isn't snide but rather an opinion I formed based upon her behavior and based on her friends on BB15 labeling her a racist.

The Elissa bashing on the show was pretty constant for a while and then it leaked to the Internet were talk of her lips became the number one convo instead of her behavior which I found curious. Howard has been out of the house for over a month but oddly people still talk about his genitals....creepy.

I have to root for Spencer, he's been on the block so much, he's an underdog and outside of some tactless jokes he's not that bad just a bit sexist but not a race-hater, bully or hateful person.

Thankyou for the civilized discussion.

Let's not personally attack each other please....

I think we have some good discussion here and I appreciate everyone's comments, both those who like Elissa and those who do not. I feel like Morty, the only reason I somewhat like her was because I felt she was disrespected. But compared to any other season (besides #9 with that nastiness), I wouldn't like her at all. This season has been a wash.

But I can also appreciate the social experiment of it all. My husband always wonders why the heck I still watch this show each year and I try to relate it to my job and that it helps us to understand people better. You never really know who you can trust. Year after year we watch the 10 minute intro clips before the season begins, pick our favorites, and I'm always blown away by how wrong my first impressions are. I stopped doing the fantasy thing because I was terrible at it... and my job is to work with other people yet I think most people are like this and fool us/surprise us. You have to give people benefit of the doubt... atleast at first, until they prove to be Aaryn's and Andy's and Amanda's. But you never know, they can change in the future perhaps.

I don't want to get on a soapbox but some of the comments here are harsh, to each other, to the HGs remaining, & even Julie. Are we any better if we spew hateful things too? Let's try and learn from their mistakes..

This final 3 is a disappointment. I don't want any of them to win but I will watch to see the jury house, Dr. Will come back to roast them, see the original HGs talk with the jury, and of course, the most exciting part of this season and my favorite part of each eviction episode - to see Julie's hair and wardrobe choice.

If you check out Dr. Andy Field's statistics textbook he actually uses BB at times as sample experiments to discuss statistics. Seems like he is a fan of the UK version, but I strongly doubt this season will be anything for anyone to write about.

I think the reaction to the cast by those of us who participate in this forum would be far more interesting!

For instance, what exactly is the medical term/major malfunction for/of someone who is obsessed with lecturing others in a condescending & insulting "tone" if they don't agree with said persons' analysis of how "evil" or "good" a hg is?

Nothing fascinates & yet repulses me more than a person who simply cannot pass up the opportunity to "cast the first, and subsequent, stones" at others who don't share their opinions. Jesus was perfect and didnt cast a stone at the adulteress. He saved her from certain death at the hands of those who were convinced they were holier than she until He pointed out their own flaw, hypocrisy. Not many people respond favorably to someone who seemingly relishes the idea of condemning others for their lack of good moral fiber while ignoring his or her own faults. It's annoying when a contentious person seems determined to blah blah blah with the holier than thou comments in every thread.

Just as someone else mentioned, it's arrogant to assume you would be a paragon of virtue if you were locked up in that house. i think that place brings out the worst in people and CBS capitalizes on it. I'm not suggesting we should condone racism, bigotry or any other hateful act. I'm just suggesting that some people appear to be mentally, emotionally or morally imbalanced when they post their self-righteous bs. I just don't buy what they're selling, especially when they bait others, get attacked & then have the nerve to label others as trolls.