BB Season 15 disappointment

a_starry_night

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad the numbers do not support his opinion. Also, I flip the channels but certainly do not rely completely on any Cable News.

i don't rely on cable news either and fox is actually licensed as an entertainment network ..and it certainly is amusing but news? lol no way...the reason for the viewership? simple ..people love a trainwreck :popcorn:

i don't rely on cable news either and fox is actually licensed as an entertainment network ..and it certainly is amusing but news? lol no way...the reason for the viewership? simple ..people love a trainwreck :popcorn:

Cable news nets broke into regular programming to air to cover the shooting yesterday at the Navy Yard in Washington DC. More viewers tuned to FNC for the breaking news coverage than any other cable network. FNC beat its competitors (combined) in total viewers and in the Adults 25-54 demographic for all day parts.

Actually, I don't think this many people would watch Fox for entertainment to get that news.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/09/17/fnc-is-most-watched-cable-news-network-for-breaking-coverage-of-the-nvay-yard-shooting-in-total-day/203342/

Too bad the numbers do not support his opinion. Also, I flip the channels but certainly do not rely completely on any Cable News.

With all due respect, you are equating viewership numbers with knowledge and with individual personal views and beliefs. FoxNews viewers are not well informed when it comes to actual news.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/23/fox-news-less-informed-new-study_n_1538914.html

With all due respect, you are equating viewership numbers with knowledge and with individual personal views and beliefs. FoxNews viewers are not well informed when it comes to actual news

The post above shows during the Navy Yard shooting FNC beat its competitors (combined ) ages 25-64, so out of that number it is hyperbole at best to think most of them would want gays to be in the closet like the 50's. :rolleyes: I bet a lot of FoxNews viewers would know more about guns. :animated_rotfl:

ar15-shotgun.jpg

I think that conclusion is limited in scope. Ratings suggests that of those who watch the news channels (and TV in general), Fox gets higher ratings. Its not reflective of what the majority of people think\feel on the issues. Fox News targets social conservatives (ie anti-gay, right-to-life, middle america white Christian families, those who watch Pat Robinson and listen to Rush Limbaugh), but just because Fox News has higher rating does not necessarily suggest Fox reflect major of what American's feel on the issues. Fox News reflects what their audience wants to see\hear, just like CNN, and MSNBC do as well; those two networks split the progressive perspective, so its logical that Fox would get higher ratings because CNN and MSNBC are fighting for the same (larger) demographic.....And to the great fear of Fox News, it wouldn't surprise me if MSNBC and CNN merge into one network at some point.

Fox News reflects what their audience wants to see\hear, just like CNN, and MSNBC do as well; those two networks split the progressive perspective, so its logical that Fox would get higher ratings because CNN and MSNBC are fighting for the same (larger) demographic.....And to the great fear of Fox News, it wouldn't surprise me if MSNBC and CNN merge into one network at some point.

Well, the hot Megyn Kelly they say is more gay friendly is taking over the 9 "o'clock spot pushing out Hannity so the Brit is gonna get a lot of comp. Rachel Maddow ain't got a chance. :D

Well, the hot Megyn Kelly they say is more gay friendly is taking over the 9 "o'clock spot pushing out Hannity so the Brit is gonna get a lot of comp. Rachel Maddow ain't got a chance. :D

people watch Rachel Maddow to hear an informed educated woman...if you just want to look at a pretty woman..well watch Megyn..but you can't call that news :giggle: of course she would certainly be more entertaining than that moron Hannity ..his lack of knowledge makes me laugh :smartass2: but also scares me that facts never enter his life and there are people who think he knows what he's saying :omg:

559814_204254649749392_1609890474_n.jpg

Lord help me I am a Pro-life fiscal Conservative with a gay daughter that believes God created all people equal and should all be treated equal no matter what sexual preference or color or faith.

Still mourning a disastrous BB 15 summer.

BUT the withdrawal from posting, reading the posts and LFUs is almost as painful as after a good season.

Hope to see y'all back here next year... don't give up :excl:

What was painful? I personally have not gripes.

Maybe painful was too strong a word.

I was just admitting that BB is a big part of my summer - and when it ends I have to

readjust how I go about my day.

I usually just laugh at myself for being so addicted... but, felt cheated this season

because of it being overshadowed by comments and actions of the HGs....

I guess you and some other posters have an easier time sloughing off the time

we invest each year. I, myself felt cheated.

No biggy... just how I felt.

OMG ! ! ! POLITICS ?!?!? SERIOUSLY ? No politics and BB on the same pages please. We have enough crap to offer our opinions about without mentioning the words liberal or conservative. Anyways, I was really trying to root for someone in this cast, but could only latch on to Judd, but not for long. Oh well, next year. I wish there was someone out there that would write up a blog about all the HG's experiences in the 1st week out of the house. I'm sure they are out there, but I am just not interested enough to search everywhere this year. See you all next season. Hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday Season. That was soooo PC--Happy Halloween, Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Chanukkah, Merry Christmas to all ! ! ! !

My only gripe was expecting more likeable people on the show this year. Little did I know I would dislike them all, seperately but equally.

Normally the the producers do select 2-3 likable people they hope will make it to the end and win. Maybe they were thinking\hoping that Ellisa would be one of them. Possibly also helen.

My casting theory is the same one I have for Survivor (other shows likely use variation of it). The producers cast the show with about 4 people they feel have all the winning skils and personality to win, and those HGs are likable enough that the majority of the TV audience will be happy when one of them wins. This season I do believe Andy was selected by the producers as a potential winner. He clearly had all the skills needed to get to the end, and did so with rather easily. The producer probably also gear the competitions (near the end) to favor the HGs who is most popular with the TV audience. This is a reality TV show, but the producers are not required to follow a set of eithical rules which require them be 100% far 100% of the time. Like all shows, its always about TV ratings, so they stack the deck to maximize ratings. Loosing popular HGs too early or completely means they could see a signigicant drop is ratings if the most popular and entertaining HGs are evicted.

Maybe painful was too strong a word.

I was just admitting that BB is a big part of my summer - and when it ends I have to

readjust how I go about my day.

I usually just laugh at myself for being so addicted... but, felt cheated this season

because of it being overshadowed by comments and actions of the HGs....

I guess you and some other posters have an easier time sloughing off the time

we invest each year. I, myself felt cheated.

No biggy... just how I felt.

Agreed. I've decided to pick up watching Breaking Bad and Hannibal. To fill the BB void.

Have a great year too... I have a feeling these HGs may unfortunately get more than their fair share of 15 minutes of fame due to the controversy.