BB Season 15 disappointment

a_starry_night

Taken from Daily Feed Update

Very Disappointed: I was very disappointed in last night's Big Brother episode. I feel that the producers are sanitizing the character of the final five houseguests so that the viewers will tune in and cheer one of them on to victory at the finale, and be happy that one of them is getting $500,000. Last night's program only showed The Exterminator's happy that Amanda and Elissa were evicted, without any signs of the hateful tirades that have gone on since. Julie Chen said she feels that by showing the HGs as they are, we will learn from their inadequacies, so why cover it up now?

I know my readers don't like it when I interject opinions into my updates, however I'll try to be fair and balanced about this, like Fox News would cover it. From the beginning of the season, I noticed (IMHO) that Elissa is a bit odd; she misses social cues, and is at times completely socially awkward, like being very blunt when the situation calls for the utmost tact. She flip-flopped on her decisions, further flawing her gameplay. But being a poor player, and being different is no cause for the vile hatred these people have for her and her family.

The final five, and yes Judd too, have called her every offensive word in the book, not just a few times, but for hours on end. Andy seems to have a problem with the way Elissa's 15 year step-son is being raise because he owns three successful on-line businesses. Elissa said that her husband is a self-made millionaire entrepreneur and that he wants his kids to follow in his footsteps. Could all this hatred toward Elissa just be jealously?

In the past we've seen HGs vote out people for being smart, are BB HGs predisposed to hate intelligence? If I had a chance to be mentored by Elissa's husband I would jump at it. I'd be his intern, errand boy, or anything to learn how to run a successful internet company. I've been running this site since 1997 and have learned nothing.

While complaining about Elissa using the show do promote her exercise business, Andy said, "Elissersize dot com which makes you gain weight." GinaMarie adds, "It's a virus." Spencer: "And all proceeds go to help spread STDs throughout North America..." Andy: "I thought it went to the Adolph Hitler foundation." Spencer: "Yeah, some of the proceeds actually do... the Adolph Hitler 5K..." They all laugh and GinaMarie says, "and to the United Negro College Fund. You knew I had to throw that in!" Now correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't GinaMarie just equate the United Negro College Fund to Hitler?

The poll (on the left) shows Elissa in the lead to get your vote for America's Favorite player. I think many of you are voting like we do in our elections, we're really just voting against the other guy. The thing that bugs me is that if Elissa wins, the final five will think that she won because she's Rachel's sister and support from the "Brenchel Army," even Elissa thinks she won MVP because of Rachel's fans. Once again, this is just my opinion, but Elissa has more fans of her own than Brenchel.

This hit the nail on the head for me. One of the most well-said and well-written things I've read in a long time, atleast regarding BB. I have tuned out this season totally and decided I'd actually prefer working on my dissertation than watching this non-sense. I am disappointed in Andy who has so much intellectual potential. Disappointed in them all really. I hated, despised, disliked, could-not-stand Brenchal... but for some reason I (along with others) are drawn to Elissa because of her being treated like an under-dog, disrespected, and so forth. I have to agree 100% with you that it must be jealousy. They are on this show afterall to win 1/2 a million dollars when Elissa doesn't really need the money but went for the experience. Her uniqueness didn't give her the social cues to keep that on the down-low as other past HGs have come onto BB with money in their pockets but realize they shouldn't talk about it with the others.

I'll continue to watch the shows as I always do, 14 years of my life now, might as well keep going, but I definitely hope next season they do some best casting decisions. Thanks Morty for making this post, I don't know which of your readers don't like your interjections but I surely appreciate it.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I am very annoyed that the final 5 are obssessed with Elissa and constantly say horrible things about her I will still watch BB because like you I have watched from the beginning and hope to watch for many more years. I wish casting would fill the house with BB fans because I hate when they hire actors who have never seen an episode. Cross fingers they do better next year.

I enjoyed the commentary too and think it was spot on! I've never understood the nasty mob mentality that comes out against certain HGs and it was the worst I've ever seen it by far this year. What do they have to gain by endlessly trashing an individual that isn't there to defend herself? It's a little more understandable if it's someone in the house on the block that they are trying to make sure gets evicted but Elissa isn't a factor in the game anymore so there's no reason for it. I didn't care for Elissa from the get go but she's out of sight and should be out of mind yet this bunch of classless a-holes will not let go of this competition of who can trash her and her family the most and it's nauseating.

I'm such a BB fan and it's such a ritual for me that I will continue to watch the rest of the season and would probably keep watching no matter who they cast but I do hope they spend more time getting to know the people they are casting next season to try to avoid individuals with these nasty tendencies. That doesn't mean I want nothing but boy scouts and Jordans cast but a balance would be nice.

This hit the nail on the head for me. One of the most well-said and well-written things I've read in a long time, atleast regarding BB. I have tuned out this season totally and decided I'd actually prefer working on my dissertation than watching this non-sense. I am disappointed in Andy who has so much intellectual potential. Disappointed in them all really. I hated, despised, disliked, could-not-stand Brenchal... but for some reason I (along with others) are drawn to Elissa because of her being treated like an under-dog, disrespected, and so forth. I have to agree 100% with you that it must be jealousy. They are on this show afterall to win 1/2 a million dollars when Elissa doesn't really need the money but went for the experience. Her uniqueness didn't give her the social cues to keep that on the down-low as other past HGs have come onto BB with money in their pockets but realize they shouldn't talk about it with the others.

I'll continue to watch the shows as I always do, 14 years of my life now, might as well keep going, but I definitely hope next season they do some best casting decisions. Thanks Morty for making this post, I don't know which of your readers don't like your interjections but I surely appreciate it.

i agree with you and Morty..i've said i think it's jealousy also and been made fun of..but it's obvious to me and others that there is no other reason for these morons to hate her so much ..she never did anything horrible to any of them ..especially Andy ..and she kept Judd and GM safe when everyone was pushing her to put them on the block and they repay her by turning on her and bashing her ever since she left..Andy hated that he couldn't control her and he hated the fact that she was onto him..now all he can do is bash her and her family non-stop..i don't think any of them deserve any money just my opinion

If it was just 1 or 2 people that hated Elissa so much, I might be inclined to think they're just haters. But when almost everyone in the house hates her guts, I have to believe that Elissa is the problem. She has a gift to make people hate her, probably for good reasons we are not completely aware of.

If it was just 1 or 2 people that hated Elissa so much, I might be inclined to think they're just haters. But when almost everyone in the house hates her guts, I have to believe that Elissa is the problem. She has a gift to make people hate her, probably for good reasons we are not completely aware of.

it wasn't almost everyone..but i won't argue about it i find it disturbing that anyone could hate someone for no real reason except they are just hateful people but then to each his own the cast this year was the lowest of the low ..someone needs to fire Allison Grodner i'll just be glad when Elissa wins Americas favorite..a slap in the face to all the low-lifes in the house :giggle: no one can make people hate unless they are that way normally

I think that when you have that much time on your hands with nothing to do things like this happen. They have rehashed the same stuff over and over to a point thats it's crazy. When your the HOH or you have power people do an awfull lot of ass kissng. So, if Spencer starts bashing someone then the others follow along to please him. Its like a snowball effect or a bunch of sharks in a feeding frenzy, they almost can't help themselves.

Maybe they have become desensatized to what they are saying and don't realize how hateful they have become. I guess I'm tryin to give these guys the benefit of the doubt as they can't all be rotton to the core, or are they?

Saddly, hatred is contagious. If you hear enough vitriol about someone and don't have enough sense to question everything you hear, you may start believing it too.

Maybe they have become desensatized to what they are saying and don't realize how hateful they have become. I guess I'm tryin to give these guys the benefit of the doubt as they can't all be rotton to the core, or are they?

I hope so too. I like how you are still willing to give them some benefit of the doubt as it is looking worse all the time. But desensitization is real and kind of ugly.

I think that when you have that much time on your hands with nothing to do things like this happen. They have rehashed the same stuff over and over to a point thats it's crazy. When your the HOH or you have power people do an awfull lot of ass kissng. So, if Spencer starts bashing someone then the others follow along to please him. Its like a snowball effect or a bunch of sharks in a feeding frenzy, they almost can't help themselves.

i see what you're saying ..sort of a mob mentality i have always hated when the mob gangs up on someone ..makes me see red, you know? these 5 are a sorry lot..i think some of them ARE rotten to the core! :)

[/quote

I am hoping they are not. This group of houseguests will have a very tuff time when they return to their real lives. I would not want to be in their shoes for any amount of money.

Saddly, hatred is contagious. If you hear enough vitriol about someone and don't have enough sense to question everything you hear, you may start believing it too.

I hope so too. I like how you are still willing to give them some benefit of the doubt as it is looking worse all the time. But desensitization is real and kind of ugly.

EXACTLY! :cheers:

I have not watched the feeds and find them for the most part boring, but the discussion by starry made me realize...they are like kids who are trying to one up each other in gross stuff with their hate filled remarks. This one picks a bugger and eats it, another smears it on his sibling, and so forth...that is the tenor of the humor they engage in.

They look at themselves as attempting to entertain each other with who can be "baddest" and people here are offended and get all righteous. They think what they say is not significant or having any repercussions on them.

In real life I have said "I am going to kill you" and though angry, did not really mean it, so if Amanda comes up with a gross scenario of how she will kill someone, does she mean it?

There does seem to be a different feeling when someone directs remarks to a person who is present in the house, but this group has a herd mentality and are quick to bully in concert.

It is called "Peer Pressure", "Mob Mentality"......and weak minded nimble brained, low self esteemed people trying to put others down, so they feel better about themselves. Perhaps you are one of "Those" kind of people Canopus...that is why you do not understand the workings of this "Social Intercourse" being played out right in front of us.

It is called "Peer Pressure", "Mob Mentality"......and weak minded nimble brained, low self esteemed people trying to put others down, so they feel better about themselves. Perhaps you are one of "Those" kind of people Canopus...that is why you do not understand the workings of this "Social Intercourse" being played out right in front of us.

scratchhead.gif

Some people are exactly like the vermin that's left in that house so they have very little understanding.

Fans of these disgusting deviants are going overboard trying to deflect and distract people from the truth but you can't hide the truth from people with intelligence.

If I was one of the dregs left in that house I would hate Elissa also.

An unemployed accident-prone bulimic with hair-extensions, a nose job and fake blue contacts and artificially darkened skin who lives with her larents at the age of 33 obviously has some serious image issues....she should have hatred for everyone including herself.

Look at Andy and ask yourself if he was teased unmercifully every day of his life most likely, imagine being born a boy with the mannerisms of a girl, sickly pale skin, red hair and ears pointed like an Elf....tragic.

MCreas hatred is by proxy and it's a manifestation of his own unsuccessful life and lack of ambition..he's a slacker and a pushover.

Spencer hates nobody he just uses shrewd manipulation to keep weak minds focused on other targets and off himself.

BB15 is one of the greatest case-studies on human behavior and race relations to ever be televised.

I won't be voting for Elissa because she's being bashed. Not voting for Candice either, and she was bashed just for her race. I will be voting for the person who played the game, and got evicted because she was brave enough to stand alone and play her game, and that's Jessie. I'm going to throw Howard votes too because I just love the person he is, and BB needs better men in that house.

Some people are exactly like the vermin that's left in that house so they have very little understanding.

Fans of these disgusting deviants are going overboard trying to deflect and distract people from the truth but you can't hide the truth from people with intelligence.

An unemployed accident-prone bulimic with hair-extensions, a nose job and fake blue contacts and artificially darkened skin who lives with her larents at the age of 33 obviously has some serious image issues....she should have hatred for everyone including herself.

Look at Andy and ask yourself if he was teased unmercifully every day of his life most likely, imagine being born a boy with the mannerisms of a girl, sickly pale skin, red hair and ears pointed like an Elf....tragic.

MCreas hatred is by proxy and it's a manifestation of his own unsuccessful life and lack of ambition..he's a slacker and a pushover.

Spencer hates nobody he just uses shrewd manipulation to keep weak minds focused on other targets and off himself.

BB15 is one of the greatest case-studies on human behavior and race relations to ever be televised.

Abso-freaking-lutely!!! Each has their own deep inadequacies to contend with. They are jealous of Elissa's apparent happiness and affluent lifestyle.

Same as the majority of BB fans, I am disappointed in this season of Big Brother! The sad thing is that my disappointment does not stem from Amanda's bullying techniques, but from the lack of support given to prevent or put a stop to the bullying. It seems to me that this season was "scripted" as a "good vs. evil" season and yet, those deemed to be on the good side were so easily dragged to the evil side. No one was strong enough in morals to stand up against the horrific nature of this house. Worse yet, they enabled the bullying and bashing tactics and finally joined in to become part of the problem. This season has shown us that racism, homophobia, jealousy, bullying, and other prejudices and harassments are sadly still prevalent within society.

I am voting for Elissa as America's Favorite Player. The game reasons that I have chosen to do so are as follows:

1 - Elissa was targeted with hatred from day one of entering this house, not for anything about herself, but for what this mob mentality thought; yet she managed to remain in the game for a long time.

2 - Elissa did not lower herself to "join in" and dismiss her own values and morals and only played using "game" not on a personal level!

3 - Elissa did play the game and attempted to make moves with little or no support.

4 - Elissa won veto competitions and HOH competitions when they were most important for her to remain in the game.

5 - Elissa was onto the scheming of Andy and Spencer and knew not to trust either of them when others believed they were true!

Now the non-game reasons:

1 - The other house guests in no way deserve to win anything!

2 - The amount of bashing aimed at Elissa, her husband, children, sister and her husband, and even her parents can not be overlooked.

3 - I want to see the looks on the others as she is named Americas Favorite Player!

Finally, It is my humble opinion that in a season that was supposed to be full of twists, I would LOVE for the final twist to be that the BB winner must be one of the members of the jury house, not the BB house and America gets to vote!!!! A girl can dream!!!

In reality, one of these awful people will win, but as I tried to explain to my children, evil may appear to win and for a time it does, but it never lasts and nothing good can be achieved when it stems from evil!!!

I am disappointed that a player that had a huge advantage over the other players in the game was absolutely horrible at playing the BB game. Elissa had inside knowledge of how the BB game worked, the ins and outs of the diary and production manipulation. But instead of being a force in the game, she was basically nothing more than a pawn on a chess board, relegated to be used by other players in the game. Four of the final 5 players was in an alliance that was formed while she was HOH. How can a 4 person alliance form while you are HOH and you not be a part of that alliance? You have all the power. It happens when you don't have enough guts to stand up to the resident bully and you spend all your time hiding out in your HOH room. Elissa didn't do a single thing to improve her position in the game while she had power. Without a doubt, Elissa was the biggest disappointment by far. She was simply a waste of a spot that could have gone to someone who actually wanted to play the game and not just take up space in the house.

That is right on analysis