Andy - DE/Week 11

vannatc1

I think Andy is extremely jealous of Elissa. She is everything he wanted to be when he grew up but it didn't happen!! He still looks like Howdy Doody!

I agree he seems to be the one that starts so much of the bashing. Its as though none of them has anything intelligent in their brains to say.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A muggle has no magic. Hermione came from muggle parents but is able to do magic so isn't a muggle herself. The derogatory term for her is mudblood.

One of the things that I really hated about Andy was his DRs. He would gloat about back stabbing people he had pretended to care about and laugh about fake crying when he helped get them out. He seemed to really enjoy it.

Back when I was a kid a muggle was something we smoked before a Led Zepplin concert. :smoke:

great references. I too would not take a College course from this man unless I wanted to do a Doctoral or Masters thesis on sociopathology and Andy inside and outside BB.

- This discussion thread is about the game. How in isolation power,fame and money as its final goal players deal with strategies to survive to the end.. Deprived of the outside world, there are no cues (except the random DR questions we don't know of) that shape no dictate what is socially acceptable. THe cues of what would be unacceptable are not there to forces adjustments either through attempt to conform from the inside or to pretend to conform. Just look at Aaryn's interview with Julie Chen - to understand the denial when faced with outside world disapproval, Aaryn explained by denial, by kidding by misconstruing the context, and then the ultimate coup de etat - blaming it on Texas!.

what some of us wanted was a demonstration of how isolation and the desire to win the fame and money (and perhaps power) could be done by inspiration of leadership and social skills - that even in a vacuum -the corps of humanity would lead.. We wanted someone - to win but not at the costs to destroying the humanity of others. playing a sharp and smart game.

The criticism of Andy in this thread - come from an expectation that Andy had what it took to inspire and lead. (Or Helen or Howard - a year of the minority winning) As a minority and Gay Andy could have succeeded where Ragan Fox and Marcellas were unable to. Andy,a Gay Man experienced an intolerant bullying society, teaches College level communication. -( Interestingly Andy fought in some challenges coming in second on the egg challenge - so physically I am not convinced he was totally inept.) But he had the social skills to inspire. he demonstrated his ability to make others trust. For History and Political science aficionados think Roy Cohen (McCarthy era ) Andy seems to flourish in a climate of hostility, bigotry, misogyny, racism and homophobia., In this microsociety of BB he pushes hatred towards immutable characteristics has flourished. (now 'egging' on GM, Spencer, Judd )

Andy has emerged as the sociopathic provocateur, urging others to start. Andy MIRRORS those around, CHANNELS the hostility toward one target. (his pattern) then MARGINALIZES AND RIDICULES THE VICTIM OF THE DAY. (now we have to endure Elissa Bashing - only because Andy wants to isolate McCrea.

Andy's demonic "gift" comes creating contempt in a group that you have contempt for believe your are trustworthy. (no 'tells' for obvious lying that only sociopaths can pull off.) To me Andy is not a rat - but a parasite. seemingly insignificant harmless. manipulates the larger body until infected, evicted and dead. Elissa bashing on a sexual way for the calculated goal of infecting McCrea. It is not just game play. These traits come from within - This thread is about Andy's game play and how he has squandered his reputation. regardless of whether he wins or loses. Andy's behavior in this house - will IMO put him up to the level of Aaryn GM and Spencer (all of whom have lost their employment because of what they did in isolation away from societal norms.

great references. I too would not take a College course from this man unless I wanted to do a Doctoral or Masters thesis on sociopathology and Andy inside and outside BB.

- This discussion thread is about the game. How in isolation power,fame and money as its final goal players deal with strategies to survive to the end.. Deprived of the outside world, there are no cues (except the random DR questions we don't know of) that shape no dictate what is socially acceptable. THe cues of what would be unacceptable are not there to forces adjustments either through attempt to conform from the inside or to pretend to conform. Just look at Aaryn's interview with Julie Chen - to understand the denial when faced with outside world disapproval, Aaryn explained by denial, by kidding by misconstruing the context, and then the ultimate coup de etat - blaming it on Texas!.

what some of us wanted was a demonstration of how isolation and the desire to win the fame and money (and perhaps power) could be done by inspiration of leadership and social skills - that even in a vacuum -the corps of humanity would lead.. We wanted someone - to win but not at the costs to destroying the humanity of others. playing a sharp and smart game.

The criticism of Andy in this thread - come from an expectation that Andy had what it took to inspire and lead. (Or Helen or Howard - a year of the minority winning) As a minority and Gay Andy could have succeeded where Ragan Fox and Marcellas were unable to. Andy,a Gay Man experienced an intolerant bullying society, teaches College level communication. -( Interestingly Andy fought in some challenges coming in second on the egg challenge - so physically I am not convinced he was totally inept.) But he had the social skills to inspire. he demonstrated his ability to make others trust. For History and Political science aficionados think Roy Cohen (McCarthy era ) Andy seems to flourish in a climate of hostility, bigotry, misogyny, racism and homophobia., In this microsociety of BB he pushes hatred towards immutable characteristics has flourished. (now 'egging' on GM, Spencer, Judd )

Andy has emerged as the sociopathic provocateur, urging others to start. Andy MIRRORS those around, CHANNELS the hostility toward one target. (his pattern) then MARGINALIZES AND RIDICULES THE VICTIM OF THE DAY. (now we have to endure Elissa Bashing - only because Andy wants to isolate McCrea.

Andy's demonic "gift" comes creating contempt in a group that you have contempt for believe your are trustworthy. (no 'tells' for obvious lying that only sociopaths can pull off.) To me Andy is not a rat - but a parasite. seemingly insignificant harmless. manipulates the larger body until infected, evicted and dead. Elissa bashing on a sexual way for the calculated goal of infecting McCrea. It is not just game play. These traits come from within - This thread is about Andy's game play and how he has squandered his reputation. regardless of whether he wins or loses. Andy's behavior in this house - will IMO put him up to the level of Aaryn GM and Spencer (all of whom have lost their employment because of what they did in isolation away from societal norms.

dang, fin....well said!! :hurray:

I don't think Andy is this evil, woman-hating, disgusting rat some are making him out to be, and to say he should lose his job and not be allowed around students is really taking it a bit too far IMO.

I don't think Andy is this evil, woman-hating, disgusting rat some are making him out to be, and to say he should lose his job and not be allowed around students is really taking it a bit too far IMO.

ITA, I think that the same dog pile, herd mentality going on in the house sometimes carries over to these boards but I don't think that makes people here vengeful sociopaths :)

Personally I have extreme dislike for Andy and how he has played this game. while he is poised for a possible win he will never be a player that I like or admire for how he played the game.

ITA, I think that the same dog pile, herd mentality going on in the house sometimes carries over to these boards but I don't think that makes people here vengeful sociopaths :)

Personally I have extreme dislike for Andy and how he has played this game. while he is poised for a possible win he will never be a player that I like or admire for how he played the game.

I beg to differ, "herd mentality" usually have a leader, one who urges others and instigates the bashing and mistreatment.

Andy is the ring leader of the Elissa bashing. Just watch BBAD and see that whenever there is a lull in the conversation, he continually brings up his "hatred" for Elissa.

He even apologized to the others last night and said that he knows he is beating a dead horse, but he "just hates Elissa".

Dang, he must have stated that some ten times last night. Then at his prompting the others usually joins in on the Elissa bashing.

Elissa did nothing to earn his hatred other than to put him up as a pawn to make sure McCranda would send Aaryn home.

I guess he was enraged that could not control her and he hates her for that.

Or maybe he is just insanely jealous of the fact that she is sexy, beautiful and has a rich husband.

Something he will never be or have!

Brilliant analysis.

Listening to this vile rodent constantly bash Elissa and Candace to egg on the other deviants is irritating yet utterly fascinating to watch.

Thankyou for breaking it down so well.

dang, fin....well said!! :hurray:

thank you Bergupnorth.

I beg to differ, "herd mentality" usually have a leader, one who urges others and instigates the bashing and mistreatment.

Andy is the ring leader of the Elissa bashing. Just watch BBAD and see that whenever there is a lull in the conversation, he continually brings up his "hatred" for Elissa.

He even apologized to the others last night and said that he knows he is beating a dead horse, but he "just hates Elissa".

Dang, he must have stated that some ten times last night. Then at his prompting the others usually joins in on the Elissa bashing.

Elissa did nothing to earn his hatred other than to put him up as a pawn to make sure McCranda would send Aaryn home.

I guess he was enraged that could not control her and he hates her for that.

Or maybe he is just insanely jealous of the fact that she is sexy, beautiful and has a rich husband.

Something he will never be or have!

For me - it is Andy attempting to be an unsuccessful Ian Terry or Dr. Will - After seriously watching Andy - and being incredibly confused by his actions initially; I suspect Andy "hostility" is manufactured to seduce attention away the remaining HG against Andy as a target. As long as Andy controls the flow of information the HG can't focus out of boredom on other scenarios. In real life those who fear negative attention - are usually the first to redirect the focus. Andy teaches communication skills at a college level. His conduct is no accident. He is serious about trying to win by using calculated redirection strategies. As long as he can focus on one player to give enormous hostility to - there will be no time for the remaining HG to think through what is actually going on in the house . Andy is deliberately distracting the other HG. Otherwise if it were Andy's real and raw emotional reaction to a disliked woman - then he would be talking about Amanda or Jessee. But he can't risk it - because of McCrea. And Andy contained himself while working with the 3ams. So by putting out Elissa's name constantly demeaning, marginalizing ridiculing Elissa - noone has the time (especially McCrea) to figure out that Andy stabbed McCrea Elissa and Amanda in the back. And he is doing it at the only level he can - appealing to what he believes are the misogynistic characteristics of the remaining HG. (Spencer in particular and to a lesser extent Judd. ) GM because she has made extensive bigot comments about Candice and Howard (participated in the demeaning Asian rant against Helen) so she will not speak up & she is a little clueless- even though the Misogynistic comments demean her as a woman, and if 'politically' expedient Andy would have led the posse against GM. Andy is safe by manipulating the group against the imagined target of Elissa. It is manufactured and controlled and he does what is expediently necessary.

IMO his skill is so perfect - that it represents his character - and something that IMO he does with ease in the BB house. I think those who have known him if they can step back they may see Andy in a very different light. This game will have come at a tremendous cost to his reputation - regardless of whether he wins or not. My wish - is that Andy reads the boards to see exactly how the die hard BB fans perceive him - He was a part of that community at one time.

Andy's behavior in this house - will IMO put him up to the level of Aaryn GM and Spencer (all of whom have lost their employment because of what they did in isolation away from societal norms.

I was not aware Spencer has lost his employment as of yet so can you show us that fact ? ;)

Fin: Original 9-8-2013 "Andy's behavior in this house - will IMO put him up to the level of Aaryn GM and Spencer (all of whom have lost their employment because of what they did in isolation away from societal norms"

Thank you both. You are right Spencer still has his job but he has earned himself displeasure from Union Pacific Railway and because of that no union railway worker can be fired without the due process rights of a grievance hearing defended by a Union representative (if Spencer choses.) What I wanted to indicate there are profound consequences when we violate societal norms of behavior, and Andy with his degree in communication and his unique perspective of being a Gay man knows better.

What I should have said "Andy's behavior in this house - will IMO put him up to the level of Aaryn GM and Spencer (Aaryn GM have lost their employment and Spencer has earned himself Union Pacific's public reproval because of what they did in isolation away from societal norms"

To set the record straight

Spencer Clawson right now is in a lot of trouble but his employer does give him the right because of Collective Bargaining not to be fired without a due process hearing.. What is important is that Union Pacific released two public statements the shortly after the Hitler as a gifted speaker comment and Kermit the F* directed at HG. plus his continuous sexist comments.(that don't seem to have abated - what he would do to Elissa's picture this weekend as example.) Should Spencer win the $500,000 he probably won't look behind at Union Pacific - and will move on to a new life - and he may just resign. My caution was for Andy, because the outside world is listening..

So for those of you who want the definite quotes directly from Union Pacific

The Union Pacific statement was issued in early July 2013. and was widely disseminated in the the larger news organizations. (huffington Post etc.)

Union Pacific:..

"The values represented by Spencer Clawson’s comments during the Big Brother show do not at all align with Union Pacific’s values. Mr. Clawson is on unpaid leave of absence while participating on Big Brother. Union Pacific does not condone his comments... Union Pacific is acting in accordance with Collective Bargaining Agreement terms regarding Mr. Clawson."

additionally after the pedophile joke. Union Pacific came out and reiterated the Collective Bargaining agreement to shut down the discussion of Spencer Clawson being fired in absentia without the Grievance procedures.

From the Union Pacific website early August:

was the following post http://www.uprr.com/newsinfo/2013/spencer_big_brother.shtml

"Due to the volume of feedback Union Pacific has received from the public about Spencer Clawson's August 5 comments on the CBS reality show Big Brother 15, the company wants to reiterate that it has taken all the action it can under the Collective Bargaining Agreement until Mr. Clawson is released from the show. Mr. Clawson took an unpaid leave of absence to participate on Big Brother 15. Union Pacific has notified law enforcement of Mr. Clawson's August 5 comments."

hope that clears it up

"

In addition to the statements about Andy using re-direction as a strategy, lets face it... When Andy came into the house he probably figured that because he does improv that if he could stay in the house long enough that he could be a shoe-in for America's Favorite. Elissa ruins this plan for him and it pisses him off.

In addition to the statements about Andy using re-direction as a strategy, lets face it... When Andy came into the house he probably figured that because he does improv that if he could stay in the house long enough that he could be a shoe-in for America's Favorite. Elissa ruins this plan for him and it pisses him off.

Since Andy does not know about what is happening outside the game, I wold doubt that he would surmise that Elissa would be in line to be America's Favorite. I would think that he would have to make his assessment based on how people played the game and how other house guest perceived Elissa. Since everyone in the house appeared to have hated Elissa for the way she interacted with them and that she sucked at the game, I doubt Andy would really believe that she was any kind of fan favorite other than with the Brenchal Army. But, I could be wrong.

Since Andy does not know about what is happening outside the game, I wold doubt that he would surmise that Elissa would be in line to be America's Favorite. I would think that he would have to make his assessment based on how people played the game and how other house guest perceived Elissa. Since everyone in the house appeared to have hated Elissa for the way she interacted with them and that she sucked at the game, I doubt Andy would really believe that she was any kind of fan favorite other than with the Brenchal Army. But, I could be wrong.

I would normally agree with you but with the earlier MVP and the constant whining from the remaining houseguests regarding America's Favorite and how they are begging America to NOT give Elissa the prize.... I think they DO believe Elissa will get it. Otherwise they wouldn't mention it.

I would normally agree with you but with the earlier MVP and the constant whining from the remaining houseguests regarding America's Favorite and how they are begging America to NOT give Elissa the prize.... I think they DO believe Elissa will get it. Otherwise they wouldn't mention it.

of course they do, Andy is completely obsessed with Elissa ..i take exception to people saying that she didn't play the game ..she was the first one to play her own hoh..and she won p.o.v. ..everyone else let other people run their hoh's..Aaryn especially let Amanda treat her like a slave..i can't quite figure out what it is that Elissa did to these people to cause so much hate spewing out of their mouths..it's got to be pure jealousy, and the fact she couldn't be controlled plus the fear that she will get favorite ..i for one will love to see their faces when she does! :clap::party_smilie:

He is obsessed with Elissa because he talks about her constantly. Hey Andy STFU

Totally right, Fred! :cheers:

the constant talk is to distract. Andy is trying to "communicate" his way out of being seen as a power player who needs to go. His obsession with Elissa has more to do with his obvert guilt. Tonight's show - he was giving away the tells. He was showing false indignation, calling Elissa a liar. McCrea -- got it - he knew that Andy was lying but decided it was best for his game to not buck the majority. Andy doesn't realize that McCrea knows he is a liar. so now we are getting this garbage by Spencer and Andy - that MCrea should not use the Veto on himself - and GM will throw HOH to him. For Andy he couldn't care less who he was slandering - he is mirroring Spencer (and Judd's) hostility to women. Andy is latching onto to McCrea's socially acceptable target (Elissa not Amanda)

Really, seriously. One word to these morons. Marcellas. said it was the stupidest move in BB history not to use the veto. MCCrea is a fan of BB and should know what happened when veto isn't used. Hopefully this will be even more of a warning to McCrea of the Toxicity of ANdy.

And if it is so imperative to these clowns Andy and Spencer that GM be taken off the block.. Just don't vote for her. Or better yet - Spencer prove your loyalty to GM by putting Andy on the block. that will work.

All this analysis shows how brilliantly Andy has played the game and deserves to win. He will be able to use tapes of his play on the show as material for his classes since he is smart enough to know that 500K will not support him for a lifetime, but invested, it will ensure his ability to retire well.

analysis shows how brilliantly Andy has played the game and deserves to win. He will be able to use tapes of his play on the show as material for his classes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( lol.. took this out of context on purpose )

Andy would have to preface the tapes by saying that in order for his tactics to work_____

you need exceptionally stupid people