Aaryn - Week 9 - Evicted (Aug. 29) - Juror #4

CeCiMom

Aaryn is in the jury house doing damage control and becoming besties with Candice and Helen to show she's NOT racist, so by the time the finale comes around she can tell us that Big Brother CURED her racism and how EXCITED she is that BIG BROTHER ALL-STARS 2 is upcoming!!!

excellent

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She got a raw deal. The irony is Aaryn's stuff was typical crap straight from the playground, born from the naivety and ignorance of youth,...

Aaryn really did "grow up" in the house.

The entire premise of the show is isolating people and taking away their privacy, a big boiler room for comments like Aaryn's to naturally happen. As it would to anybody, regardless of how nice they claim to be.

Really? Ignorance of youth? Is that what they said about the Hitler Youth program? I'm sorry but I was 21 and have known and know a lot of 21 year olds who don't spew racist comments. Ignorance I will agree with, but without the excuse of being born of youth. I'm sorry, but comments like that are not natural. Racist comments are not the first thoughts I have of someone of a different race, no matter how stressed I am, or how much they've attacked me. I certainly wouldn't use it to belittle someone or bully them with it just because. No, Aaryn got the deal she signed up for when she decided to make those types of comments. There was nothing raw about it. I wish it was worse for her. I wish she had broken down in tears, because nothing could equal the horrible feelings caused by racist comments to a person who cannot help what color they are or what culture they come from. Comments designed to belittle and isolate a person and make them feel less than because they are a different color. Hopefully, GM and Amanda will get the same treatment for their horrible racist comments.

Aaryn deserved a raw deal and so do the others in the house who say things that shouldn't be said on television with countless people watching and listening. You think that way; that is your business. You put it out there; that changes things. What? They make racist remarks and expect them not to cause controversy? ROFLMAO Not in 2013, my friends. Get those surprised looks off your faces. Bring it on, julie-baby. I want to see some more. Aaryn wasn't alone with the big mouth and idiotic remarks.

Amen :clap: :clap: :clap:

Aaryn is in the jury house doing damage control and becoming besties with Candice and Helen to show she's NOT racist, so by the time the finale comes around she can tell us that Big Brother CURED her racism and how EXCITED she is that BIG BROTHER ALL-STARS 2 is upcoming!!!

Hehe probably true! By the time we reach the finale, she will probably be prepared to give an inspirational speech on the history of slavery, the WW2 internment camps and the Civil Rights Movement.

sFun_DeadHorse.gif

Youse gotta hook me up wit some of doze emotions!

Saw this article about Julie and Aaryn on MSN news:

"Big Brother" host Julie Chen has opened up about her exit interview with Aaryn Gries, confessing she didn't believe the contestant's apology for making racist remarks was entirely sincere. Last Thursday, controversial contestant Gries was evicted from the house, and had to face Chen for a final interview. Unaware of how her various racist and homophobic remarks had been received by the public, Gries walked into the live studio audience with a mixed reaction of cheers and boos. When Chen repeated some of Gries' derogatory comments, Gries defended herself: "Being Southern, it's a stereotype. I have said some things that have been taken completely out of context and wrong. I don't mean to ever come off racist. That's not me and I apologize to anyone that I have offended."

Bing: More about 'Big Brother'

On Tuesday, Chen told late night host David Letterman that producers initially thought Gries was going to be "America's sweetheart." Chen explained, "Still today, we think we've come so far when it comes to race relations and our views. But the fact that someone who is college-educated can move into a house where they all know ... they all know everything they say and do is being broadcast live to the Internet. And intentionally getting on the network broadcast, to say such ugly things? That's heartbreaking." While Chen did appreciate that the 22-year-old was remorseful, the host didn't fully believe Gries was entirely sincere. Chen adds, "She seemed dumbfounded by her own words. I do applaud the fact that she said 'I'm sorry if I offended anyone.' But then she talked out of the other side of her mouth, and she said, 'But.' Any time you apologize and there's a 'but,' to me it's not a real apology. She tried to justify it, and she said, 'But I'm from Texas, and that's just how we talk.' And I thought, 'The one base you have, you just offended another huge group of people. Guess what? Not everyone from Texas talks like that."

Especially since all this occurred right during the Zimmerman trial.

There is that, too. The whole thing is ridiculous.

I am editing this myself because I don't really have anything new to say about the racist/aaryn thing.

Old news. ;)

Ancient. I don't care about aaryn. Good luck to them all.

Edited by Slimcruz

" With the right PR person building her case and teaching her how to react in a confrontational setting - lessons she needs desperately - aaryn will survive quite well. "

Seems like we just slap a new coat of paint on stuff like this - and expect it to fix everything ...

I believe the girl will have a harder time rebuilding her persona than some think.

A life lesson learned the hard way... shame ... pretty young lady

Some people just don't know when to stop beating a dead horse to death.

It's going to be a very lonely nine months for some people when they can no longer talk about melanin, Hitler, the south, racism, etc., etc., etc.

Maybe they will open a a newspaper instead of the CBS homepage and read about the race issues (ALL races) all over the country and world.

It's going to be a very lonely nine months for some people when they can no longer talk about melanin, Hitler, the south, racism, etc., etc., etc.

Maybe they will open a a newspaper instead of the CBS homepage and read about the race issues (ALL races) all over the country and world.

Oh I have been hearing that stuff for almost 7 years debating politics elsewhere.

Hehe probably true! By the time we reach the finale, she will probably be prepared to give an inspirational speech on the history of slavery, the WW2 internment camps and the Civil Rights Movement.

Not gonna happen.

People like Aryan fade into obscurity and never resurface unless it's a DUII or a random sighting at a country fair.

Anybody stupid enough to say things that would embarrass themselves when they know they are being watched by millions of viewers is unworthy of sympathy and deserves the ridicule they receive.

....hopefully as the little girls mind grows her body will grow also so she won't be so envious of the cury womens bodies that Jessie and Candice had....nice round derrières, very sexy swarthy women.

I really don't think much of Julie Chen anymore and her ratings grab. Production chose not to let the HG know that they needed to stop the race talk. CBS promoted it and exploited it. JMO

Bravo!