Aaryn - Week 9 - Evicted (Aug. 29) - Juror #4

CeCiMom

The fact of the matter is, that according to all the definitions of a racist, we are all racists. Ever told a racist joke, laughed at one, poked fun at stereotypes? My guess is that we all have. We are just not stupid enough to do it in a public forum. I agree that some of the houseguests have taken it past nasty. I doubt it, but just maybe some of us (including myself) will take something from this and see just how hurtful some of these things are to people. I actually thought this younger cast would be past all this--Was very wrong.

Thank You

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are any of us really all that certain that he is not an admirer of MLK?

Might he have named the llama Martin Luther out of respect for a man so many of us looked up to for even-keeled guidance in the tumultuous world of 1960's America? My cousin was named John after JFK. A neighbor named their son Robert after RFK. One of my girlfriends named her dog 'Henry' after Henry David Thoreau.

Why should anyone take swipes at him when it is not reasonable to think that any of us would know what his actual motivations were?

Why should any of us take the negative view so easily and consistently?

Aren't some practicing the very bias we are all so appalled by?

Shouldn't ignorance of the truths about a person give us pause before speaking negatively about them?

Isn't making uneducated decisions about another person at the core of all of the 'isms?'

Monk

AMEN! :clap::clap:

She got a raw deal. There were multiple racist, homophobic, bigotted people saying far worse on the live feeds. Each and every one of the 15 seasons. Why it took 15 of them for some oversensitive people to finally say something is mindblowing. The irony is Aaryn's stuff was typical crap straight from the playground, born from the naivety and ignorance of youth, whereas other people that are grown-ass adults have said things so vile that it makes them appear to be literally psychotic and unstable.

Aaryn really did "grow up" in the house. Once Jeremy was gone, and bullying became a theme in the house, she changed a lot. Went from being a textbook mean girl to almost timid. I watched the season late, mainly straight off the CBS site within the past week. Naturally hated Aaryn BEFORE even starting to watch just because I saw this on the news prior. But I don't hate her at all now. I almost barfed when Julie interviewed her and said "Amanda tried to warn you what you are saying is offensive." Amanda, the biggest hypocrite in the house, possibly the entire planet, used as the pillar of righteousness. I think Julie was just offended by the Asian remarks (conveniently ignoring how close Aaryn and Helen were). Her own husband runs an entire network whose shows (primarily this and Survivor) ALWAYS cast the token black person, the token gay person, the token asian person...and the rest of the cast dominated by (arugably) "normal" white folks. Maybe Julie could make an ACTUAL difference and ask her hubby to just fire Grodner the Hutt and weed out a lot of this show's negative aspects that have cultivated over the years in one fell swoop. Especially if the lady is now casting her own friends.

The entire premise of the show is isolating people and taking away their privacy, a big boiler room for comments like Aaryn's to naturally happen. As it would to anybody, regardless of how nice they claim to be. Even everybody's precious Jeff has said homophobic things and came off as kind of an asshole on his second go-round, with nary a complaint. The real ignorant people are the ones who complain about things like their kids see this...a show that for over a decade has shown people basically having sex under a blanket semi-regularly...not just on the live feeds, but broadcast in primetime. Sorry, but this whole contoversy is a joke.

Since this thread is still open I will go ahead and post this

http://www.tmz.com/2013/09/04/big-brother-aaryn-gries-black-friend-not-racist/

0904-twitter-sub-3.jpg

shhhhhhhh don't tell anyone there are others in the house that have said a lot worse. Amanda said last night "Doesn't Big Brother screen these people?" secret.gif

She got a raw deal. There were multiple racist, homophobic, bigotted people saying far worse on the live feeds. Each and every one of the 15 seasons. Why it took 15 of them for some oversensitive people to finally say something is mindblowing. The irony is Aaryn's stuff was typical crap straight from the playground, born from the naivety and ignorance of youth, whereas other people that are grown-ass adults have said things so vile that it makes them appear to be literally psychotic and unstable.

Aaryn really did "grow up" in the house. Once Jeremy was gone, and bullying became a theme in the house, she changed a lot. Went from being a textbook mean girl to almost timid. I watched the season late, mainly straight off the CBS site within the past week. Naturally hated Aaryn BEFORE even starting to watch just because I saw this on the news prior. But I don't hate her at all now. I almost barfed when Julie interviewed her and said "Amanda tried to warn you what you are saying is offensive." Amanda, the biggest hypocrite in the house, possibly the entire planet, used as the pillar of righteousness. I think Julie was just offended by the Asian remarks (conveniently ignoring how close Aaryn and Helen were). Her own husband runs an entire network whose shows (primarily this and Survivor) ALWAYS cast the token black person, the token gay person, the token asian person...and the rest of the cast dominated by (arugably) "normal" white folks. Maybe Julie could make an ACTUAL difference and ask her hubby to just fire Grodner the Hutt and weed out a lot of this show's negative aspects that have cultivated over the years in one fell swoop. Especially if the lady is now casting her own friends.

The entire premise of the show is isolating people and taking away their privacy, a big boiler room for comments like Aaryn's to naturally happen. As it would to anybody, regardless of how nice they claim to be. Even everybody's precious Jeff has said homophobic things and came off as kind of an asshole on his second go-round, with nary a complaint. The real ignorant people are the ones who complain about things like their kids see this...a show that for over a decade has shown people basically having sex under a blanket semi-regularly...not just on the live feeds, but broadcast in primetime. Sorry, but this whole contoversy is a joke.

Great points.

Aaryn deserved a raw deal and so do the others in the house who say things that shouldn't be said on television with countless people watching and listening. You think that way; that is your business. You put it out there; that changes things. What? They make racist remarks and expect them not to cause controversy? ROFLMAO Not in 2013, my friends. Get those surprised looks off your faces. Bring it on, julie-baby. I want to see some more. Aaryn wasn't alone with the big mouth and idiotic remarks.

Time will tell if Aaryn got a raw deal from Julie and that time is tonight assuming Amanda gets evicted. I will be watching to see if Amanda gets the same treatment. GM, Andy and Spencer deserve the same treatment as well.

If they don't then the Chenbot is a hipocrite.

Just sayin.

I really don't think much of Julie Chen anymore and her ratings grab. Production chose not to let the HG know that they needed to stop the race talk. CBS promoted it and exploited it. JMO

How did Aryan get a raw deal when Chenbot used Aryan's own words? You hypocrites would have blasted Chen had she not asked Aryan about her comments.

Jeff Schroeder has two strikes in two shows spanning years. Aryan has had a dozen strikes in one show just this year. She's struck out four times.

Since this thread is still open I will go ahead and post this

0904-twitter-sub-3.jpg

Are we sure this picture was not taken at the pimp and ho ball in Las Vegas?

I really don't think much of Julie Chen anymore and her ratings grab. Production chose not to let the HG know that they needed to stop the race talk. CBS promoted it and exploited it. JMO

Exactly Marty, exactly.

Aaryn deserved a raw deal and so do the others in the house who say things that shouldn't be said on television with countless people watching and listening. You think that way; that is your business. You put it out there; that changes things. What? They make racist remarks and expect them not to cause controversy? ROFLMAO Not in 2013, my friends. Get those surprised looks off your faces. Bring it on, julie-baby. I want to see some more. Aaryn wasn't alone with the big mouth and idiotic remarks.

I don't think anyone is surprised. I sure am not. As Marty said, CBS is exploiting it and getting tons of press over it. No doubt they are thrilled over Aaryn and other's behaviour and the subsequent ratings boost. Julie doesn't care as her bills are being paid LMAO.

Time will tell if Aaryn got a raw deal from Julie and that time is tonight assuming Amanda gets evicted. I will be watching to see if Amanda gets the same treatment. GM, Andy and Spencer deserve the same treatment as well.

If they don't then the Chenbot is a hipocrite.

Just sayin.

TOO LATE--- Considering Candice's comments were COMPLETELY discarded.

Her confederate flag remark

hillbilly

cracker

white ass

I'd say Candice was edited into the black victim.

And there she was giving Howie-Boo a big ol hand-job and the other girls were called slutty for their activities.

Blow me CBS.

I think Julie was just offended by the Asian remarks (conveniently ignoring how close Aaryn and Helen were). Her own husband runs an entire network whose shows (primarily this and Survivor) ALWAYS cast the token black person, the token gay person, the token asian person...and the rest of the cast dominated by (arugably) "normal" white folks. Maybe Julie could make an ACTUAL difference and ask her hubby to just fire Grodner the Hutt and weed out a lot of this show's negative aspects that have cultivated over the years in one fell swoop. Especially if the lady is now casting her own friends.

Good suggestion. I'd also add that Julie should ask her hubby to fire her as well, and put in an interesting host instead.

I remember when that little tidbit of information came out about the Black Llama and it was utterly hilarious how the racist-apologists were trying to make a case that the Texas father of a racist daughter would name a black Llama "Martin Luther" after a 16th century monk when we all know the Martin Luther that he named it after. It was so funny.

Spencer ain't got a racist bone in his body, he befriended Howard without hesitation and has yet to be caught on the live 24/7 feeds saying anything to disparage other ethnicities. He's a pig but he's not insecure about color so when he teases the racist girl I find it hilarious.

Another hilarious incident was when Andy was talking about the Emancipation Proclamation and Aryan asked what it was and Andy replies "Oh you wouldn't like it" LOLOL, the Andy was talking about how when Zingbot came out talking about white ghosts he thought it was for Aryan wearing white sheets. LOL, her HGs know her better than the people defending her.

If I was her PR team I would find an African-American from her past and pay him to come up with a love story or something, you can work the "black friend" angle to justify racism and it works for some people.

:clap: :clap: :clap: So TRUE!!!!!!

The fact of the matter is, that according to all the definitions of a racist, we are all racists. Ever told a racist joke, laughed at one, poked fun at stereotypes? My guess is that we all have. We are just not stupid enough to do it in a public forum. I agree that some of the houseguests have taken it past nasty. I doubt it, but just maybe some of us (including myself) will take something from this and see just how hurtful some of these things are to people. I actually thought this younger cast would be past all this--Was very wrong.

Very nice post. I hope that some do take something from this. Otherwise it's just a hurtful sideshow and dismaying with all of the apologists and defenders of Aaryn, GM and Amanda.