Aaryn - Week 9 - Evicted (Aug. 29) - Juror #4

CeCiMom

She's extremely ugly on the inside.

"While I love and continue to support my daughter Aaryn, words cannot describe my disappointment in some of her comments made on 'Big Brother.' These inappropriate comments certainly do not represent the value system under which her father and I have raised her."--Elizabeth Owens, mother of Aaryn Gries

OH REALLY, MS. OWENS?!?!?

"I know what my dad will say. My dad will say that I got evicted because people are being PC and would not vote out the "queer."--Aaryn Gries, on the block with the "queer" Andy, the night before she was evicted

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that she wasnt going to make a public statement unless her daughters racism was exposed in a direct manner like it was when Julie Chen addressed it live face to face where therapist could defend her behavior.

Many people that share similar values to Arayn didn't think that her behavior should have been addressed, they wanted it to be swept under the rug and ignored but the majority of viewers and fans felt like we deserved to hear why she behaved the way she did.

Of course the people who share the same morals as Aryan and rush to defend her behavior were quick to say that she was "attacked" by Julie Chen when Julie Chen simply questioned her behavior and read some of her comments verbatim....it's not like she flipped her bedding or mocked her in a stereotypical Texas drawl, Julie was very courteous and professional. I salute her.

CBS dOesent have to pander for ratings by using some ugly college girl with dyed-hair and caterpillar eyebrows to show how ignorant and offensive people are in 2013, enough of that exists in the political arena to keep people satisfied.

Mel Gibson made the critical mistake of making anti-semetic remarks and he got black-balled out of Hollywood damn near and very few people rushed to his defense or made excuses for his behavior.....wonder why.

Watching the lovey Julie Chen right now on David Letterman and she's gorgeous makes me SMH at those freakish skanks who were on BB15 bashing her and her ethnicity.

Totally agree.

I think that they are "getting along," fine. They always do once they are away from the stress of the big brother house and become collective losers. Plus, they are on a paid all-inclusive vacation. In addition, they don't have to say anything to each other if they wish.

I had a black dachshund named Kobe. Does that make me racist? dog02e.gif

You named your wiener dog after a city in Japan or a cut of beef? I have a white cat named George Dubya. I named him that not because he's white but because he's the dumbest pet I've ever owned.

Aaryn: "My llama, my dad named it Martin Luther."

Spencer: "The Protestant reformer? What color was the llama?"

Aaryn: "Black. She had a white baby though."

Spencer: "What did y'all name that one, James Earl Ray."

Aaryn: "Um, no, I don't remember what my dad named it."

Oh my god, y'all. There's almost too many things about that exchange. First off, kudos to Spencer for knowing A) who Martin Luther was and B) who shot Martin Luther King Jr. You may think those things are obvious, but we're pretty sure Aaryn knows neither of those things.

Obviously, her dad named their black llama Martin Luther King and either he (previously) or Aaryn (now) inadvertently made a funny joke by shortening the name. The white Martin Luther was, as Spencer says, one of the initiators of the Protestant Reformation roughly 500 years ago.

Secondly, the "James Earl Ray" joke sails high over her head. And while Spencer has said many offensive things in the house, we don't think this was one of them. He was poking fun at Aaryn and her family.

Can I get an "AMEN" to locking this topic?

AMEN.

Wanna bet that the ones bashing Aaryn say worse behind closed doors ;):D

aaryn-gries-bikini-pic.jpg

You KNOW they DO!!!

Aaryn said Candice and I are now great friends and making fun of Jessie who said that she is gonna bring Howie some butterscotch at the Wrap Party. :animated_rotfl:

missritz.jpg

Maybe... wait... undoubtedly I smell jealousy.

Candice-SCOTDWJune26-BBArchive-.png?fit=

RACIST against crackers, hillbillies and white asses.

You named your wiener dog after a city in Japan or a cut of beef? I have a white cat named George Dubya. I named him that not because he's white but because he's the dumbest pet I've ever owned. Aaryn: "My llama, my dad named it Martin Luther."Spencer: "The Protestant reformer? What color was the llama?"Aaryn: "Black. She had a white baby though."Spencer: "What did y'all name that one, James Earl Ray."Aaryn: "Um, no, I don't remember what my dad named it."

Oh my god, y'all. There's almost too many things about that exchange. First off, kudos to Spencer for knowing A) who Martin Luther was and B) who shot Martin Luther King Jr. You may think those things are obvious, but we're pretty sure Aaryn knows neither of those things.

Obviously, her dad named their black llama Martin Luther King and either he (previously) or Aaryn (now) inadvertently made a funny joke by shortening the name. The white Martin Luther was, as Spencer says, one of the initiators of the Protestant Reformation roughly 500 years ago.

Secondly, the "James Earl Ray" joke sails high over her head. And while Spencer has said many offensive things in the house, we don't think this was one of them. He was poking fun at Aaryn and her family.

Can I get an "AMEN" to locking this topic?

AMEN.

I remember when that little tidbit of information came out about the Black Llama and it was utterly hilarious how the racist-apologists were trying to make a case that the Texas father of a racist daughter would name a black Llama "Martin Luther" after a 16th century monk when we all know the Martin Luther that he named it after. It was so funny.

Spencer ain't got a racist bone in his body, he befriended Howard without hesitation and has yet to be caught on the live 24/7 feeds saying anything to disparage other ethnicities. He's a pig but he's not insecure about color so when he teases the racist girl I find it hilarious.

Another hilarious incident was when Andy was talking about the Emancipation Proclamation and Aryan asked what it was and Andy replies "Oh you wouldn't like it" LOLOL, the Andy was talking about how when Zingbot came out talking about white ghosts he thought it was for Aryan wearing white sheets. LOL, her HGs know her better than the people defending her.

If I was her PR team I would find an African-American from her past and pay him to come up with a love story or something, you can work the "black friend" angle to justify racism and it works for some people.

The stuff Aaryn was saying was pretty tame compared the offensive filth GM, Spencer and Amanda still continue to spew. Yet why do I get the feeling Julie won't be nearly as harsh with them? CBS is using Aaryn as the scapegoat for all the bigotry that has gone on this season just because her youth and beauty make her a more compelling target. I don't know that placing all the blame on her is any better than not bringing it up at all.

Right, but why would he name a black llama after the founder of Protestanism?

Are any of us really all that certain that he is not an admirer of MLK?

Might he have named the llama Martin Luther out of respect for a man so many of us looked up to for even-keeled guidance in the tumultuous world of 1960's America? My cousin was named John after JFK. A neighbor named their son Robert after RFK. One of my girlfriends named her dog 'Henry' after Henry David Thoreau.

Why should anyone take swipes at him when it is not reasonable to think that any of us would know what his actual motivations were?

Why should any of us take the negative view so easily and consistently?

Aren't some practicing the very bias we are all so appalled by?

Shouldn't ignorance of the truths about a person give us pause before speaking negatively about them?

Isn't making uneducated decisions about another person at the core of all of the 'isms?'

Monk

The fact of the matter is, that according to all the definitions of a racist, we are all racists. Ever told a racist joke, laughed at one, poked fun at stereotypes? My guess is that we all have. We are just not stupid enough to do it in a public forum. I agree that some of the houseguests have taken it past nasty. I doubt it, but just maybe some of us (including myself) will take something from this and see just how hurtful some of these things are to people. I actually thought this younger cast would be past all this--Was very wrong.