Dade

Survivor: Blood vs. Water...discussion

I don't really understand the reasoning behind sending two people to redemption island before the game starts. It dosen't seem fair to get booted in a school yard pick 'em before anyone gets to know you. If there is a benefit to what Jeff did it flew right over my head.

I really like Rupert unlike you, but I absolutely agree with you about this. It really pissed me off to have two people immediately made scape goats.

I am not pleased that Colton is back! I was this close to not watching anymore when he was taken out by that stomach bug. Disgusting, vile human.

He has reverted to his pattern and will be sent packing soon

It's a gorgeous place for Survivor. Beautiful water. I am hoping for a good season. Rupert looks good.

He lost weight and I loved how passionate he is about Survivor and his wife.

So the previews are saying that there are going to be two "firsts" on this week's episode. I wonder what it's going to be since this season has been twisted so far already.

When survivor starts off the episode with a survivor contestant talking that has not been that visible in the previous episodes, you know they're in trouble. Laura B started the night off talking about how she's on the outs followed by Laura M talking about her supposed alliance with Aras. I'm glad the tribe didn't vote off Laura B. I'm kinda rooting for her since she is the underdog in her tribe. The error that survivors are making is that they are not thinking about their own tribe but thinking about what COULD happen. Sure, Laura M could beat Brad in a duel, but then again, she could not. Aras should be smarter than to vote off Laura M. She was a vote for him, she would've been loyal to him and the tribe for the most part. On the flip side of that coin, Laura B is sure to stay with the veterans since her original tribe dumped her. I don't think there was necessarily a right or wrong way for the veterans to go tonight except for Aras.

I'm thinking quite the opposite. This plan of keeping Laura B, thinking they could use her for an extra vote when the tribes merge, I believe would backfire on the veterans. Sure, she was voted out by her original tribe, but it's not like the vets have been doing anything to make her feel welcome. She's gonna take the first opportunity to vote out the arrogant vets and I'm sure the newbies would take her back in a heartbeat.

Somethings missing this year. Why has nobody on either tribe gone searching for the hidden immunity idol yet. I understand being handed a clue in front of everyone and burning it to keep from being a target but not looking at all for it surprizes me. Some of them have knowledge of at least one clue so at least they have a starting point but to not look at all is insane. These people are afraid of their own shadow. Sad.

Somethings missing this year. Why has nobody on either tribe gone searching for the hidden immunity idol yet. I understand being handed a clue in front of everyone and burning it to keep from being a target but not looking at all for it surprizes me. Some of them have knowledge of at least one clue so at least they have a starting point but to not look at all is insane. These people are afraid of their own shadow. Sad.

They are being a fraidy cat bunch. Must be because they are worried about how their behaviour will impact their loved ones. Gervais did a good job of showing how what you can do can get your loved one bounced right off the bat.

Maybe some are secretly searching for it, but they aren't showing it on tv. No one wants to be a target, and I can't really blame them for it.

I think it good strategy to burn them rather than share, but what is it about not looking for them? that is stupid

I agree with that. The precedent for this season has been set to burn the clue or risk being voted off. If someone went against that, they would automatically be the next target. And they should be looking for idol too without clues. I mean Russell found three of them without clues. But if the idol is buried, it might be more difficult to find without a clue.

Guest 6Borders

What a waste of a Survivor season! We have has-been's, idiots and useless

castaways. We've seen all these challenges before in some form and

giving the winner on RI the clue has been a total FAILURE of a twist.

If someone were actually sneaking off and looking for the idol I would

think Survivor would have jumped on filming and airing it.

Probst acts like a playground bully and like he would rather be anywhere

else. This seaon sucks!

You know Tyson went looking for, and found, the hidden immunity idol in the last episode, right?

I like the season okay. It is too old to present much of anything new so I don't expect that; I don't guess. I am enjoying the people thus far. I am not one of those watchers who believe it to be pristine and without manipulation of one sort or another.

Darn it cbs.com for giving away spoilers for next week's episode. Do not watch the previews at cbs.com for the next episode unless you want to know who lost at Redemption Island duel and who won immunity.

It was an intense tribal council tonight. I absolutely loved it, and I loved Hayden's last ditch effort.

See this is how with the guidance of Jeff he draws out some good stuff at tribal. Back in the old days Jeff would say a few things and ask a few questions but now he spends a lot more time making the tribal a highlight of the game.

I am enjoying Hayden's game. He is doing and saying what he has to say.....

I dont know if I would like the way Jeff brings out stuff at TC if I were in the show. He knows all that goes on in 'private' discussions the people have with each other, then exposes everything at Tribal Council! I think he influences the way the vote goes some nights.

Guest 6Borders

I totally agree with Cablejockey. It's one thing to incite lively discussion and

keep TC interesting but it's another to reveal secrets and Probst does way

too much of the latter..

I was VERY glad to see Hayden gone last night and I hope Laura

kicks his butt right onto the jury but I suspect CBS likes him so much they

will have a challenge he majored in at school on the next RI.

I also hope that Survivor gives up this stupid Redemption Island twist.

When "the tribe has spoken" it should be the final word. Again, I suspect

they brought it back to protect Tyson in case he should be voted out

early, same as they did for Boston Rob.