Sign in to follow this  
morty

Board down and chat off line

During some of the Big Brother slow times the board will be off line while our chat rooms are upgraded. When complete, you'll be able to use a flash version of chat that will not require any adjustments to your java security settings. You will also be able to use our chat room on your mobile devices. As with everything I ever do, it's more complicated than expected, so only Big Brother updaters will have access to the board while the tech guy and I work on it (it's to reduce writes to the database). I'll try to keep the down time as short as possible.

-Morty

i can do this.....i know i can

dont hyperventalate, i can do it....yes i can

I see we just traded one java security message for a new one. Once again, it is safe to use the chat room while we figure this out.

It said I don't have access to chat. I guess you're still working on it. So sad. I love chatting with my morty buds! :(

Chat is having technical issues and will be back as soon as it can. sorry for any inconveniece.

There's a temporary chat room where the old one was, just click on the chat tab at the top of the page like usual. In the next few days you'll either see the old chat return, or a completely different chat system that with a different interface and features. In the mean time, you may experience lock-outs and error messages saying you don't have permission to use chat, or the chat is misconfiguration, etc..

Please be patient, and don't worry about very plain chat room, we're not keeping that one, it's just a loaner.

• Phew. I thought I was doing something wrong. (as if) ;)

The a temporary chat room didn't work out. Please just ignore the java warning message, I'm told it's only on Forefox, but I don't have the time to fully explore this.

The chat room is not allowing people in, so don't bother trying to enter a password, it's not working again.

OK, the tech department thinks it's fixed again. When you enter the chat room, you will have three interface choices, the regular Java chat, which is safe, but requires you approve the use of the Java application. The next choice is Flash, it uses the Adobe Flash plug-in that you probably all ready have installed. The third is a mobile interface that is very minimal and should give you a satisfactory experience on your phone.

Let me know if I need to report any new problems to customer service.

Enjoy!

I keep getting an error on mobile and that i need an access code.

Hi Gwen, I'll check it out on Friday. Thanks for letting me know.

Problem fixed.