America's vote is the worst twist in BB history.

echo

Other than the Ellisa getting MVP 3 times I love the twist this year. It has stirred up so much crap in a otherwise predictable game that it's fun to watch them freaking out wondering who has the MVP each week. I've never seen so much paranoia in the house in 15 seasons. So what if someone gets evicted because everybody thinks he or she is MVP, they gotta go sooner or later. Watching Amanda come ungluded trying to figure who put her up is priceless.

This is the worst BB ever with the worst houseguests, the worst games, the worst strategy and totally boring to watch. If you want to see how BB should be than watch BB UK or BB Australia. Both those are far better than the weak US version. I'll bet this may be the last year if the rating have anything to say about it. It's been getting worse and worse over the last few years, but I am gald Ian won last year. And if Elisa wins this year I guarantee I'll never watch again. She looks like her monster bitchzilla sister and acts like her too......horrible.

From Slim:

Other than the Ellisa getting MVP 3 times I love the twist this year. It has stirred up so much crap in a otherwise predictable game that it's fun to watch them freaking out wondering who has the MVP each week. I've never seen so much paranoia in the house in 15 seasons. So what if someone gets evicted because everybody thinks he or she is MVP, they gotta go sooner or later. Watching Amanda come ungluded trying to figure who put her up is priceless.

I loved this twist and will be sad to see it go. The paranoia it caused was priceless!!!

I also really liked it for the reasons you both said. I hope to see it again in future seasons.

I totally disagree that it is the worst twist in BB History.

Personally, I love it. I like the fact that I can watch the show, but also have input. This game is suppose to be about competitions and mental skill.

But this year it has turned into being a bunch of racist bullies who manipulate and bully and threaten their way into power. And I for one was glad that I was able to put up Amanda on the block time and time again. And will continue to do it if given the chance.

Hope Amanda goes home and Candice is saved and wins next HOH !

Why should there not be any outside influence. I take time to sit and watch these ding bags right? So, I'm glad I am at least getting something for my time invested in watching them. And that is helping to shape the outcome of events by putting Amanda on the block over and over again. Whhoo !!

I agree

America should vote ONLY on things that gives no single HG an advantage or disadvantaged. Let american vote on food, costumes, etc, as long as it applies to all HGs

As I stated in the first post, its ruins the game if the best players in the game are put on the block every weeks because they are unpopular with America (which is highly condensed editting). The best players always have to make tough decisions to get far in the game. Its unfair that they get penalized for making touch choices that America does not like. If they did this in previous seasons, some the best players would never have won because America would have put them on the block every week until they were evicted, and it impossible to win if the best players are always on the block every single week simply because America does not like them.

If Amanda is hated by the other HGs, let them put her on the block and evict her. if she can kept her self off the block, that means she playing a good game in the house. America should not be putting her or other good players on the block. BB is not a POPULARITY CONTEST, it would be ZORING if all the good players went home the first 4-6 weeks, and the remaining HGs were completely open & honest with each other having group hugs 3 times a day, along with bible meetings pledging never to lie to each other, and decide who ever wins will divide the 500,000 among all the HGs equally.... This is a social game, and the winner is the HG who plays the best social game (along with some mental\physical skills), its not about winning a popular contest with America.

They can accomplish this without making the game a popularity contest with america.

Turning it into a popularity contest with the TV audience puts the good players at significant disadvantage because they are put on the block not because they are playing a bad game, they are put on the block because they are unpopular with the TV audience. Amanda does not know that what she says in the diaryroom and then shown on TV is being used against her, if she did, you bet she would play the game different.... Yeah it makes for great TV now, but get rid of the the hardcore players who are willing to make tough game decisions, who left? Do you really want to watching Andy kiss butt the entire season saying "I know what you mean....", along with other players who are boring largely because they avoid conflict and do not want to make any major decisions in the game, in other words they want float to the end and win by default.

I couldn't disagree more. It is a great twist! It allows an overall fairer contest. People were supposed to play the game as individuals, now you must have an "alliance" to win. This gives us more drama as they backstab their so called "alliance" members, but why can't someone ever win honorably on their own? Most contestants win because they cloak themselves in "alliances" or ride someone's coattail to the end. The winner is rarely deserving of the win because they won multiple challenges, HOH's or Veto competitions.The winner usually wins mainly because of their ability to lie well, abuse other contestants trust and have only a paltry few competitive wins under their belt. And they were only able to get those few wins after they voted out all of the superior athletic contestants.

What BB need to do is keep the MVP as a regular part of BB. This would stop the cowardly and despicable "backdoor" option. The "backdoor" option diminishes any kind of legitimate sportsmanship. I feel that "backdooring" people is so lowdown and unfair because they do not have an opportunity to play for the Veto. This could all change. With the MVP there would be three nominees. What could happen is that only the nominees would play for the Veto. And after the Veto competition the winner would remove himself or one of the other nominees from the block and then the houseguests would vote to evict one of the remaining two contestants. No more replacements! No one could be evicted without an opportunity to save himself. It would be so wonderful to see someone like James of BB6 or Janell of BB6/BB All Stars who won mutliple competitons because of their athletic and intellectual ability win BB16. Isn't this really how the game was intended to be won?

it was a great twist but wasnt utilized for its main purpose, which was evicting floaters. The twist turned into a who I dislike the most contest vote because of all the ignorance/racism that has been taking place this season.

I still say up the ante and let the POV winner chose the replacement nom, that is as floater proof as it gets and America can remain the spectators. A season of all diamond vetos, I am a dreamer.

America should vote ONLY on things that gives no single HG an advantage or disadvantaged. Let american vote on food, costumes, etc, as long as it applies to all HGs

As I stated in the first post, its ruins the game if the best players in the game are put on the block every weeks because they are unpopular with America (which is highly condensed editting). The best players always have to make tough decisions to get far in the game. Its unfair that they get penalized for making touch choices that America does not like. If they did this in previous seasons, some the best players would never have won because America would have put them on the block every week until they were evicted, and it impossible to win if the best players are always on the block every single week simply because America does not like them.

I agree, but I have enjoyed Amanda freaking. Once it is known that the public is voting the third that will no longer be a factor and you are right it is a popularity contest aimed at one of the most interesting players because she is strong and wild and prob nuts. But she is playing the game for sure.

If Amanda is hated by the other HGs, let them put her on the block and evict her. if she can kept her self off the block, that means she playing a good game in the house. America should not be putting her or other good players on the block. BB is not a POPULARITY CONTEST, it would be ZORING if all the good players went home the first 4-6 weeks, and the remaining HGs were completely open & honest with each other having group hugs 3 times a day, along with bible meetings pledging never to lie to each other, and decide who ever wins will divide the 500,000 among all the HGs equally.... This is a social game, and the winner is the HG who plays the best social game (along with some mental\physical skills), its not about winning a popular contest with America.

I enjoyed Amanda going ballistic not knowing who was voting her to the block. Once it is known that it is the US then there is no more surprise and I agree that it is not meant to be a popularity contest. When the US votes the most valuable player and that player gets to vote a third on the block, that is a better twist. Making a rule that the mvp can not tell would work better, but it worked to Elyssa's advantage to tell.

Hell why not just let America decide everything such as:

Who gets to be HoH

Who gets put on the block

Who gets PoV

Who gets evicted.

With America's vote it does not matter who's the best player in the game, because America has veto power to put the best players on the block every week because often the best players are not most popular players. The best players tend to be ruthless and lie to get far in the game, The best players back stab people, they make the game fun to watch. America wants to get rid of these types of players ASAP because they are ruthless and backstabbers.... If America had its way, all the best players would go home first, and we'd watch a extremely boring 2 months of nothing happening but HGs crying as America votes out their best friends.

The whole America's vote SUCKS!

Then they'd be back to season one. In this season's case, it wouldn't be such a bad idea. Certain people would definitely be long gone and would not make it to jury.

I really hate this stupid twist and definitely think it's the worst one ever. Even if you put it's obvious failings aside (the same person won every week and it was no secret in the house who it was) it is way too disruptive to the core idea of this game, which I think is based around the HOH being a position of great power with a high risk/reward ratio. The MVP twist has really diminished the HOH's power to the point where it's now a high risk/small reward ratio where an HOH has to show their cards and often won't even get anything out of it. It messes up the flow of the game by removing the back and forth power struggle. If an unpopular alliance has less numbers, instead of being able win HOHs to even out the numbers, they are simply screwed as America will just ignore their nominees and keep putting their members up week after week to be evicted by the nice people. It throws off the balance of the game and I hate that.

I don't think it was a bad idea, especially when America actually got the vote. It's too bad America didn't have the vote from the start, the maybe the bully half of McManda would be long gone. She is Aaryn, GM, Spencer, Jeremy & Kaitlyn all rolled into one amazon of a crazy bullying biotch.

The issue with Amanda being on the block has nothing to do with her game play. It's her actions that have made America dislike her so much. If you haven't seen her "after dark" etc, then you wouldn't understand. She has the most vile mouth on any player in BB history. She has disrespectfully used racist, homophobic and rude & ignorant remarks about every female in the house. "Joking" to kill Jessie and use her for unspeakable acts in disgusting and unacceptable. She consistently uses the "f-word" and the "c-word" when speaking of the other female HG's. This is why America voted her as third nominee two consecutive weeks, and I believe it would be three if the MVP twist was still in play.

Just like it is every year. The current contestants are a pale comparison to what a **** Evil Dick was.

IMO, the stuff that has been said in this season is pretty tame. Mildly racist at best. Said more for dark humor than for discrimination.

Seriously? You think the racist and homophobic remarks were mild at best and attempts at dark humour. Hardly. This is the worst cast that BB has ever put in the house due to the actions and/or remarks of a handful of people. Hopefully, if BB continues with further seasons, they will make it clear that this behaviour will not be tolerated and will be cause for immediate removal from the house. It is a game but that doesn't give people the right to verbally abuse others any more than it gives them the right to physically abuse someone. The only seasons that have been worth watching after BB6 were Allstars and ED's season. Certainly, the producers can provide much better entertainment than they have in the past few years. Summer is long, and television is boring. They have to provide better viewing or they will be going down the tubes. I honestly think this show has "jumped the shark" and needs to do a serious overhaul in order to stay afloat.

Not a big fan of the twist - I did like the increased paranoia in the house.

I wonder how David, Nick and Jeremy feel about it? If I was one of them I would NOT be happy. Also not fair that Elissa had an army of fans voting for her - I know that only balanced out the disadvantage of being Rachel's sister - but if that was the case why even cast Rachel's sister?

I like the twist, but think 3 things need to be fixed. 1. NO return HGs or anyone with former HG connections. 2. The MVP winner CANNOT tell the others they have MVP. 3. You can't win MVP back to back.

I like the twist, but think 3 things need to be fixed. 1. NO return HGs or anyone with former HG connections. 2. The MVP winner CANNOT tell the others they have MVP. 3. You can't win MVP back to back.

Most excellant observation.

Totally agree it would make the MVP a great tool. And if they tell, their nom comes off the block.

Teri, on 09 Aug 2013 - 3:09 PM, said:snapback.png

Totally agree it would make the MVP a great tool. And if they tell, their nom comes off the block.

I only wish that Straykat and Teri worked for CBS - those 4 stipulations would have made it so much more interesting.

I agree - can't believe they didn't put the safe guard of no back to back MVP wins in. They really should have gone back to a HG being MVP after the first week America was and just announced that from that point on there could be no back to back wins as the weeks break would have kind of "reset" it.

A real shame it's gone now - it was the most interesting part of the series and rather than the seemingly inevitable juror being back in the game I'd have liked to have seen the MVP power handed over to the jury from this point forward, with viewers voting each week for the juror they want to choose the third nominee. As the only person on the jury this week's first evictee would have been MVP by default for the second eviction, solving the problem of a live vote.

At the very least though they should have kept MVP a little bit longer - and as a one off for the double eviction forced the HoH to nominate three people instead of two. That would likely have thrown a spanner in the works this week as I think Aaryn would have struggled choosing a third on the spot.

it was a great twist but wasnt utilized for its main purpose, which was evicting floaters. The twist turned into a who I dislike the most contest vote because of all the ignorance/racism that has been taking place this season.

I still say up the ante and let the POV winner chose the replacement nom, that is as floater proof as it gets and America can remain the spectators. A season of all diamond vetos, I am a dreamer.

x2

The issue with Amanda being on the block has nothing to do with her game play. It's her actions that have made America dislike her so much. If you haven't seen her "after dark" etc, then you wouldn't understand. She has the most vile mouth on any player in BB history. She has disrespectfully used racist, homophobic and rude & ignorant remarks about every female in the house. "Joking" to kill Jessie and use her for unspeakable acts in disgusting and unacceptable. She consistently uses the "f-word" and the "c-word" when speaking of the other female HG's. This is why America voted her as third nominee two consecutive weeks, and I believe it would be three if the MVP twist was still in play.

You made my point. She being put on the block by people who have no stake in the game. The other HGs didn't put her on the block. if she is as bad as you say, why don't the other HGs put her on the block. America put her on the block because they don't like her, why won't the other HGs?

The other HGs want her in the game because because they know she a huge target, and that us part of the game. Sometimes is best to keep HUGE targets in the game. America keeps putting her up, but the HGs don't vote her out.

Not a big fan of the twist - I did like the increased paranoia in the house.

I wonder how David, Nick and Jeremy feel about it? If I was one of them I would NOT be happy. Also not fair that Elissa had an army of fans voting for her - I know that only balanced out the disadvantage of being Rachel's sister - but if that was the case why even cast Rachel's sister?

Paranoina is good and fun. When it come known in the house the America decides the fait of HGs, HGs will start kissing ass and avoid conflict because they want to to win the popularity contest. They will stop playing BB, and avoid doing anything the TV audience won't like (BORING). No more fights, or far fewer. And whatever fights do happen will be tone down to the Disney rules of engagement.

HG1: you're not very nice:

HG2: I'm sorry. I will try to be nicer next time

HG1: Thanks, and I will try to nicer too.

HG3: What a nice day

HG4: Yeah, what a nice day.

HG5: Let's play chess for the next 3 hours

HG6: Yeah, that will be lots of fun.

That almost would work, except for #2. HGs wouldn't be able keep it to themselves (obviously Elisa couldn't) Besides they might not say anything to anyone, but could give a wink and a nod to anyone they wanted to know. And some people would just give it away by being sooooo damn cocky. "Nope its not me. But you better watch your back!.... hahaha"

Overall I do not want the show to become a popualty contest where america gets put the hardcore players on the block simply because they're playing a good game that the TV audience does not like (If you don't want good hardcore players in the game, what do you want, a gentlemen's game of lawn darts to decide everything?). And people really don't understand that they are trying to get rid of players that keep the show so fun to watch. People in this thread love how it makes Amanda so paranoid and it makes for great TV, so they vote put her on the block to get rid of her so that the show just becomes more boring. Nobody can will if they are on the block every week, so it extremely unfair. At some point America just votes out the nominiated MVP HG by default.

I wanted Amanda on the block for other reasons, truth be told. When one person runs everything, the game gets predictable and boring. I wanted her gone to see these other people scramble and now that's not going to happen. Mc and Amanda will be final 2 at this rate because these other people are are sheep and can't think for themselves.... except for Helen, who isn't so much thinking, as she is doing the politic game that she clearly has down to a science.

If the MVP twist was only for 6 weeks then it shouldn't have been come in to play in the beginning of the season. It would have been nicer somewhere in the middle where players can develop alliances and trust. Then with the remaining household America gets to vote for MVP once with the highest vote getter as first MVP and 2nd vote getter as the following week's MVP (unless that player is evicted then the MVP goes to the next vote getter and so forth) until all remaining players have had the opportunity to be MVP.