America's vote is the worst twist in BB history.

echo

Hell why not just let America decide everything such as:

Who gets to be HoH

Who gets put on the block

Who gets PoV

Who gets evicted.

With America's vote it does not matter who's the best player in the game, because America has veto power to put the best players on the block every week because often the best players are not most popular players. The best players tend to be ruthless and lie to get far in the game, The best players back stab people, they make the game fun to watch. America wants to get rid of these types of players ASAP because they are ruthless and backstabbers.... If America had its way, all the best players would go home first, and we'd watch a extremely boring 2 months of nothing happening but HGs crying as America votes out their best friends.

The whole America's vote SUCKS!

Hell why not just let America decide everything such as:

Who gets to be HoH

Who gets put on the block

Who gets PoV

Who gets evicted.

With America's vote it does not matter who's the best player in the game, because America has veto power to put the best players on the block every week because often the best players are not most popular players. The best players tend to be ruthless and lie to get far in the game, The best players back stab people, they make the game fun to watch. America wants to get rid of these types of players ASAP because they are ruthless and backstabbers.... If America had its way, all the good players would go home first, and we'd watch a extremely boring 2 months of nothing happening but HGs crying as America votes out their best friends.

The whole America's vote SUCKS!

Agreed!

I think that in season one america had a big hand in the show itself and ultimately, the outcome. I don't mind the MVP so much except that many believe it to have been custom-made for the sister of an infamous former houseguest and there might be some truth to that since she talks about people who put the show together as if she knows them personally. I don't think she derived much benefit from it but some think that she did and so; that is that. It caused a lot of fury here and there and whether or not that makes it a successful "twist," I cannot say.

Given a choice, I would prefer straight game-play. You play for comps, winner nominates, they play to remove themseves from the board, the HG vote to evict. Good-bye or stay. No twist needed.

I think also that the formula to involve the public in voting is to make them feel that they have some hand in the game rather than just watching. It has flaws.

This was obviously a mistake CBS made when they realized that dumb-Rachael was winning it every week. So, CBS made it even worse by giving the nomination directly to the viewers. This has two effects:

(1) It makes for boring TV. The "big friendly" alliance will always get to vote out one of the outcasts, regardless of who wins HoH.

(2) Once the contestants figure it out, they'll be playing for the camera, and not telling it what they're really scheming.

Big Brother 1 was a flop in part because the viewers had too much control. You'd think CBS would have learned that lesson, but perhaps memory is short.

The MVP was fun for us but.... if it goes away that is OK too.

It was fun to rally with other people with a common cause. It made this season a little more fun for the viewers.

I loved the original idea of MVP but a huge factor was that no one knew who that person was. Fear of the unknown (expect the unexpected ) keeps the players on their toes and the drama flying. However, America chose the known name (elissa) each time and each time the dingbat was quick to reveal "I got it, I got it ! I see where this kept her in the game long enough for people to get past the rachel thing but completely aborted the hidden aspect of the MVP thing which was the very part that made it interesting.

I do agree America's vote is not the right way to go, mainly because it goes against the main theory of the game, no outside influence. I still say POV picking their own replacment would be the best upgrade and an extra element to the game.

I loved the original idea of MVP but a huge factor was that no one knew who that person was. Fear of the unknown (expect the unexpected ) keeps the players on their toes and the drama flying. However, America chose the known name (elissa) each time and each time the dingbat was quick to reveal "I got it, I got it ! I see where this kept her in the game long enough for people to get past the rachel thing but completely aborted the hidden aspect of the MVP thing which was the very part that made it interesting.

I do agree America's vote is not the right way to go, mainly because it goes against the main theory of the game, no outside influence. I still say POV picking their own replacment would be the best upgrade and an extra element to the game.

I agree. If Elissa was not put in the house, I think the MVP would have been a very good idea. However, having someone with a ready made fan club really messed up the twist.

I never understood why the MVP was supposed to make floaters play the game and not throw comps.

I totally disagree that it is the worst twist in BB History.

Personally, I love it. I like the fact that I can watch the show, but also have input. This game is suppose to be about competitions and mental skill.

But this year it has turned into being a bunch of racist bullies who manipulate and bully and threaten their way into power. And I for one was glad that I was able to put up Amanda on the block time and time again. And will continue to do it if given the chance.

Hope Amanda goes home and Candice is saved and wins next HOH !

Why should there not be any outside influence. I take time to sit and watch these ding bags right? So, I'm glad I am at least getting something for my time invested in watching them. And that is helping to shape the outcome of events by putting Amanda on the block over and over again. Whhoo !!

The MVP was fun for us but.... if it goes away that is OK too.

It was fun to rally with other people with a common cause. It made this season a little more fun for the viewers.

I agree

Guest 6Borders

I feel the MVP was basically put in place to save Elissa because BB knew it would be voted to Elissa, and it did just that. Elisa told Helen (before we got FOTH) that production told her she would not be liked. She went on and on the first week about how she could not go home because it would be so embarrassing to her sister (which to me trumps the HG's who always say "I deserve the money because..."). Elissa did nothing to earn "most valuable player", she was "Most Valuable Pawn".

When MVP Elissa became ho-hum, annoying and predictable, Grodner switched it up and gave it to America. I feel this was basically so she could control the vote if she needed to and put anyone up as 3rd nom and blame America if one of her producers pets was in trouble. That backfired because the Brenchel idiots didn't understand and accidently put up Elissa, and then all across the board the votes were so overwhelmingly Amanda that even Grodner could not put that genie back in the bottle and select someone else America (allegedly) voted for.

As for America voting, it's stupid but if you like Amanda and think her game play is brilliant, then America voted for the "most valuable player" who was playing the best game, so they got it right! As for it being the worst twist in BB history, I disagree...they have All been equally bad!

But this year it has turned into being a bunch of racist bullies who manipulate and bully and threaten their way into power.

Just like it is every year. The current contestants are a pale comparison to what a **** Evil Dick was.

IMO, the stuff that has been said in this season is pretty tame. Mildly racist at best. Said more for dark humor than for discrimination.

Just like it is every year. The current contestants are a pale comparison to what a **** Evil Dick was.

IMO, the stuff that has been said in this season is pretty tame. Mildly racist at best. Said more for dark humor than for discrimination.

I agree about evel dick. I stopped watching. from what I did see he was pretty abusive. People here seemed to overlook it and love him just the same and the people in the house didn't shut him down so?. I don't like any of the people in the house this year but I think that it is more me than them. Everything wears thin eventually.

Not a huge fan of the twist. I like America voting for luxury type things so the house knows who America likes, but I don't like the direct input. I would have liked the MVP think had HG had to do something to get it.

IMO, the stuff that has been said in this season is pretty tame. Mildly racist at best. Said more for dark humor than for

agree

Not a huge fan of the twist. I like America voting for luxury type things so the house knows who America likes, but I don't like the direct input. I would have liked the MVP think had HG had to do something to get it.

IMO, the stuff that has been said in this season is pretty tame. Mildly racist at best. Said more for dark humor than for

agree

really? "midly racist". Did you ask the people who had the racial slurs thrown at them if they thought it was "midly racist"

really? "midly racist". Did you ask the people who had the racial slurs thrown at them if they thought it was "midly racist"

If those same people lived in a Big Brother house 50 years ago, they would have experienced far greater racism than a few tasteless jokes. Even today, in many parts of the world, racism can get people killed. So yes, it's pretty mild.

I don't see any of the "racists" going so far as to vote out people because of their race. From what I've heard, it's been limited to bad jokes. IMO, that's pretty tame compared to what racism has been in the past.

i.e., Helen is still running the show, despite her "allies" making racist jokes about her. She doesn't seem to be much of a victim.

I personally thought the MVP stirred the house up and for that I enjoyed it. I do wish it would have come with a rule that you could not tell if you won that.

I love seeing them scramble

I also agree that Evel Dick was horrible and I rather feel that way about Aaryn, GM, Spencer and Amanda. I don't like their sense of self entitlement and believe this game can be played without being such racists and bigoted bully's.

I think it's the best twist to happen to BBUSA in a long time and I hope it is here to stay. Whether America nominating would work as well when it's not a secret I don't know, but I think it's great viewers have more of an impact than deciding what food they eat, but the HoH still has the bigger say - and I do think if the HGs did know the strategy would be to keep America's nominees around and evict a HoH nominee as they know if someone is unpopular with viewers one week, they're likely to be unpopular the next week too.

I personally thought the MVP stirred the house up and for that I enjoyed it. I do wish it would have come with a rule that you could not tell if you won that.

Either that you couldn't tell or couldn't win two consecutive weeks would have made it more interesting for sure

The MVP twist would have been good if they had given us 16 strangers and none of them related to a previous HG. I have to agree with Echo that people get short-sighted and don't pay as much attention to the people who are playing the game full tilt. As long as they are playing the game, lying, back-stabbing and doing whatever they can to further their game, I'm for it. Granted, that can be done without racism, homophobic comments or misogyny.

I always have to laugh at some people who get so angry because a HG is lying. It's part of the game and if you're good at it, you can get farther in the game. Everybody in that house lies. They always have. Deal with it. rofl

I really hate this stupid twist and definitely think it's the worst one ever. Even if you put it's obvious failings aside (the same person won every week and it was no secret in the house who it was) it is way too disruptive to the core idea of this game, which I think is based around the HOH being a position of great power with a high risk/reward ratio. The MVP twist has really diminished the HOH's power to the point where it's now a high risk/small reward ratio where an HOH has to show their cards and often won't even get anything out of it. It messes up the flow of the game by removing the back and forth power struggle. If an unpopular alliance has less numbers, instead of being able win HOHs to even out the numbers, they are simply screwed as America will just ignore their nominees and keep putting their members up week after week to be evicted by the nice people. It throws off the balance of the game and I hate that.

I don't think that the MVP affected the evictions at all. They knew who they were sending home and did it. The 3rd nom was a pawn or somebody they wanted out in the first place and until the double evictions there has been no shortage of available people they wanted to go home. The HOH has been controlled from the get-go.

Big Brother's rating were going down and they had to do something to get the viewers involved besides picking food. The MVP was in no way created to save Elissa. How could you think that when SHE WAS ON THE BLOCK with the person she picked?? They could have voted her out when she was on the block and I believe she was on the block TWICE during the time she had MVP ( I could be wrong and she was on the block only once). For the amount of people that hate having viewers pick a player, you have the same amount or more that likes the idea and I believe it's more because there are a lot of people voting each week. If each week there are a lot of votes then I'm sure CBS will have viewers votes next year also.