How will the double eviction work with MVP

stevea11

It will be interesting to see how the double eviction will work next week with the MVP twist. Normally during a double eviction there will be a live eviction followed by a quick Q&A HOH contest. That winner has just a few minutes to nominate two HG's for eviction and then a second vote is taken. With the MVP twist this year there should be three HG's on the block for the first eviction but there will be no time for America to vote for another one for the second eviction. It will be interesting to see how the second one will play out.

I'm hopeful they'll retire it after this week.

ditto :animated_bouncy:

Julie said the first night that there would be 3 nominees for the entire game. So, not sure how they could get rid of it now.

They could just go by the votes for this week, and if mvp nom was evicted, go with next in line, but that's lame. And, I guess it would then be obvious that the mvp isn't in the house....

But then, how would it have worked if we were still voting for an mvp instead of a nom?? Would that person just be mvp again?

This twist just reached new levels of annoying! lol

They should just skip it for the second eviction...

I remember several years ago they had a quick vote and California being 3 hours behind did not get their vote to count. It was something like that red head kid in the box maybe.

Guest 6Borders

Julie did say it would be all Summer long, which also makes me think America gets the vote for who is final 3 and the Jury will vote on 3 people instead of just 2.

It's possible that when we vote for MVP they will say the top two are 3rd nom's back to back or else they will let America select one of the 3rd noms and also select a person in the house for MVP and the house MVP will have the choice of which eviction to use it on, or tell them in DR which eviction they have been given MVP to use it on.

The MVP twist has more wiggle room than Jello Jigglers so I am pretty sure however it is set up it will be to Production/Grodner's advantage to keep whom they want in the game (personal opinion here).

i really hope the finals isnt 3 people

but fitting with season theme i think you are right borders :animated_bouncy:

It will be interesting to see how the double eviction will work next week with the MVP twist. Normally during a double eviction there will be a live eviction followed by a quick Q&A HOH contest. That winner has just a few minutes to nominate two HG's for eviction and then a second vote is taken. With the MVP twist this year there should be three HG's on the block for the first eviction but there will be no time for America to vote for another one for the second eviction. It will be interesting to see how the second one will play out.

Wow, I hadn't thought that through, thanks stevea11....if the vote for this MVP nominee was over on Friday, maybe a second America's Vote announced on Sunday ???

I wonder if we will vote who the MVP is for a few hours after Wednesday night's show? Then that MVP will have to pick the third candidate on the spot. That might work.

I love the MVP. It adds so much drama to the game when no one knows who it is.

If you recall, we voted on food for the have nots but then they said there would be no have nots this week. I suspect that when we would normally vote for the food, instead we will be voting on the 3rd nominee for the double eviction.

Perhaps CBS will have people vote for MVP next Wednesday and the results will be announced during the Double Eviction show.

Yes, either Wednesday or even Sunday night.

I wonder we will vote who the MVP is for a few hours after Wednesday night's show? Then that MVP will have to pick the third candidate on the spot. That might work.

I love the MVP. It adds so much drama to the game when no one knows who it is.

I love the MVP too, it adds a whole new level of paranoia to the game!

I love the MVP too, it adds a whole new level of paranoia to the game!

i guess i am the opposite then

i hate america in the game with regards to nomming hg's

basically anything beside voting for the food the hg's eat

amanda may annoy some or many but if the hg's dont have the guts to put her up i feel she should be safe :animated_bouncy:

If Amanda doesn't get evicted during the 1st eviction then she will be again the third nominee (if she isn't HoH or nominated by the HoH) otherwise it goes to the 2nd highest votes unless the 2nd highest votes is the HoH or nominated by the HoH etc etc etc...

If Amanda doesn't get evicted during the 1st eviction then she will be again the third nominee (if she isn't HoH or nominated by the HoH) otherwise it goes to the 2nd highest votes unless the 2nd highest votes is the HoH or nominated by the HoH etc etc etc...

Having her stay as the third nom is unfair double jeopardy

Guest 6Borders

I feel they are going to change MVP and either have it voted on by America as a "secret power" for the house which would mean America would still be voting (just to keep the concept of America voting) but open it more than any HG in the house could win it, or else just switch it up and change it completely.

I don't think Grodner is going to risk Amanda going on the block again because America is going to keep voting her 3rd nom (same as they would have continued to vote Elissa NVP), and she is really in danger of getting voted out the next time and Grodner won't be able to stop it (same as what happened to Janelle). If Amanda, or even McCrae, win HOH I suspect the MVP will be in Pandora's Box or some similar HOH perk to keep McManda off the block.