Candice - Week 6 - Evicted (Aug. 8) Juror #1

CeCiMom

No disrespect, but it's easy when you're white and not a bigot to not separate the races, especially when you're in the majority. When I went to a predominately black school, I felt the same as you, but the minority of whites, Hispanics and Asians didn't feel that way. Now if those people in the BB house were like you, it would have been easier to forget that you're of a different race when you're treated with the same respect as everyone else, but when you're not and you constantly see and hear racial stereotypes and derogatory statements about your race, than it's not easy to have a pleasant personality to get along with everyone. You're stressed and angry because this person is cutting you to the core and it hurts because you can't help what color your skin is or what culture you're from. It's not about her personality clicking, it was about her being cast out because some people were racists and some people were playing the game hardcore and didn't care what she was going through, i.e. Helen.

They never said anything to Helen's face about her ethnicity. They never said anything to Andy's face about his sexuality to make him feel uncomfortable. They never said anything at all about or to Amanda's face about her being a Jew. But, the racists in the house did do and say things to Candice' face about her race.

It's easy to say, when you've never worn the brown skin of a black person, that we should be able to adapt. What do you think we've been doing for the last 400 years? She had no support from the cast members in the house to back her up on the racial issue, except Elissa and then she was bullied by Helen and Amanda to back down because of the game.

If she was in a more diverse cast and there were more blacks in the house, she probably could have survived longer because she would have had the support to fight against the racism in the house and be able to play the game on an even field of play, but when you're alone, you're an outcast and no matter what you say or do, you're going to fail. That's why you have to be able to look at things from all perspectives and not run to the defense of "she just didn't have the game or personality to play better because I don't see race". There are other factors at play involved. It constantly amazes me how readily people give their opinion about the feelings of people in certain positions in life that they themselves have never experienced and never will.

Denise, great post!

I really appreciate your insight on this issue, and especially appreciate your last sentence: " It constantly amazes me how readily people give their opinion about the feelings of people in certain positions in life that they themselves have never experienced and never will."

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denise, great post!

I really appreciate your insight on this issue, and especially appreciate your last sentence: " It constantly amazes me how readily people give their opinion about the feelings of people in certain positions in life that they themselves have never experienced and never will."

There is only one winner of $500,000 in BB world and I doubt it will be one of the Nazi twins but if you can step out of the BB house with your job/employment intact without being labeled as a vile race-hater then you have a lot more to laugh at than your enemies especially if you can vote for a decent person to win the $500,000.

A woman with testicles sounds disgusting but to each his own, nothing wrong with fantasizing I guess.

The one person that has played "victim" to perfection is the skinny pale chick that flipped Candice bed when the orange-skinned chick went on her cockroach rant after they evicted her newly met associate. Who can forget the Aryan chick weeping about how the evil Candice had turned people against her and labeled her a racist.

You don't need testicles to be around disgusting filth that these creatures, you need a strong stomach.

Well said!!!!

I wasn't fond of C's game play, but I do have to admire her stance to not take bs from anyone in the house. If I had been in there, there is NO WAY I would have let any of the crap spewing from Aaryn & GM's mouths go. I would have brought the rest of the HG's into the area so they could also hear and then confronted the blondes on their behaviour. Totally unacceptable and hopefully, BB will put a claus in the contracts that doesn't allow this type of behaviour in the house.

I would have caught a case! Somebody would have bailed me out! If she would've called them out It would've not made a difference looking now There still protecting the racist twits!

I started out liking Candace and Howard. He was a smart man, but a bit too much in his head. The "keeping it real" sessions were just unbearable. I understand that when a person feels attacked the instinct is to lash out but geeze. enough. Just stop talking. I mean yelling. At the beginning with all of her talk of "going evel Dick on the hg's and Candyland etc I knew then it was all talk. I mean it was all shouting. Some people you can't talk to I mean GM but if she had gone to Aryan and maybe brought one other person maybe Helen to back her up and keep her calm she could have explained the race issue and Aryan would maybe have understood. The shouting over each other and name calling is for Jerry Springer and I stopped watching him in the late 80's.

No aryan had made up her mind already! That's why she always lied on Candace! There was no convincing!

I like Candace and I would probably be friends with her outside the house. This is just the wrong kind of game for Candace.

I think she was entitled to her pre-exit speech and had the right to say anything she wanted and that pig GinaMarie even robbed her of that. What was she supposed to do, sit there and let GM spit more crap at her?

exactly as soon as Candace said GM name GM chimed in and caused the bickering! Then Candice responded to what she was saying! Glad it wasn't me B because If she would've told me my mom didn't want me THEN i would have set if off! everything would been off! No double eviction. Me and GM Would've been at it! I would have catch a case somebody would had to bail me out! The house would have been tore up! Candace handle it more gracefully to me!

I agree. GM should at least have given Candice that respect. But what else can you expect from a hood rat.

she is from NY be proud NY she is claiming you!

No disrespect, but it's easy when you're white and not a bigot to not separate the races, especially when you're in the majority. When I went to a predominately black school, I felt the same as you, but the minority of whites, Hispanics and Asians didn't feel that way. Now if those people in the BB house were like you, it would have been easier to forget that you're of a different race when you're treated with the same respect as everyone else, but when you're not and you constantly see and hear racial stereotypes and derogatory statements about your race, than it's not easy to have a pleasant personality to get along with everyone. You're stressed and angry because this person is cutting you to the core and it hurts because you can't help what color your skin is or what culture you're from. It's not about her personality clicking, it was about her being cast out because some people were racists and some people were playing the game hardcore and didn't care what she was going through, i.e. Helen.

They never said anything to Helen's face about her ethnicity. They never said anything to Andy's face about his sexuality to make him feel uncomfortable. They never said anything at all about or to Amanda's face about her being a Jew. But, the racists in the house did do and say things to Candice' face about her race.

It's easy to say, when you've never worn the brown skin of a black person, that we should be able to adapt. What do you think we've been doing for the last 400 years? She had no support from the cast members in the house to back her up on the racial issue, except Elissa and then she was bullied by Helen and Amanda to back down because of the game.

If she was in a more diverse cast and there were more blacks in the house, she probably could have survived longer because she would have had the support to fight against the racism in the house and be able to play the game on an even field of play, but when you're alone, you're an outcast and no matter what you say or do, you're going to fail. That's why you have to be able to look at things from all perspectives and not run to the defense of "she just didn't have the game or personality to play better because I don't see race". There are other factors at play involved. It constantly amazes me how readily people give their opinion about the feelings of people in certain positions in life that they themselves have never experienced and never will.

Very endearing post. Great sentiments. :laugh4:

Well said and thank you!

I started out liking Candace and Howard. He was a smart man, but a bit too much in his head. The "keeping it real" sessions were just unbearable. I understand that when a person feels attacked the instinct is to lash out but geeze. enough. Just stop talking. I mean yelling. At the beginning with all of her talk of "going evel Dick on the hg's and Candyland etc I knew then it was all talk. I mean it was all shouting. Some people you can't talk to I mean GM but if she had gone to Aryan and maybe brought one other person maybe Helen to back her up and keep her calm she could have explained the race issue and Aryan would maybe have understood. The shouting over each other and name calling is for Jerry Springer and I stopped watching him in the late 80's.

Talking to Aaryn or GM would not have helped. They didn't like Candice and would never truly hear what she had to say. Helen wasn't willing to help and neither was anyone else in the house but Howard. With that being said they could care less what Howard said either. The word racist means a person who thinks one race is superior over the other. Aaryn clearly thinks this way. She thinks her race is more superior than Candice and Howard's race therefore what they have to say has no merit. Racist does not mean you cannot be friends or talk to a person it is feeling of being superior to or inferior to another race.

Well said! :notworthy:

WEll said, and I have said that Howie steered her wrong in urging her to keep quiet because he did not want to get involved except to quash her. Cand was in it with women and Howie thought he had an in with the guys. Spencer dispensed with him by making his lie to Helen apparent. Given Spencer's foul attitudes, I hardly think that racism was not part of the basis for his strategy in getting out a dark male. Howie read the situation wrong but from some survival aspects of the Af Am community shucking and jiving was the way to avoid lynching. Everyone here who is sure that there is no racism in the house is measuring racism against the acts of lynching etc of the KKK. So since Howie got out alive as did C, I guess they were not being evicted bec of their skin color...that's a crock. And when someone calls you by a racial, ethnic, sexual, religious pejorative...is it racism to call that almost always pale person a HONKY? (not to say that Af Ams and other minorities do not use pejoratives against other races, ethnicities etc) but most of the time the attitudes that spew pejoratives at people come from people of European backgrounds. I have never seen an Asian fly a confed flag for eg.

To say Howie and Candice got voted out due to their skin color really marginalizes them. No they were evicted because they sucked at the game. :D

Exactly.

They sucked. I don't feel the need to rationalize their eviction due to skin color. Stupid. What explains the other evicted HG's eviction?

SMH LMAO!! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Candice came in with the attitude and chose to isolate herself. Did any one ever think it was Candice who was jealous of the blond haired, blue eyed girl?

She started the whole "Let's get the boys out" yet she hung on to Howard like a wet noodle. She threw up to GM about Nick and I agree GM will never get Nick, but neither will Candice get Howard who she latched on to because his eyes were for Amanda and Elissa (the caucasians).

Maybe when they all get together, Howard will take her to a dog fight on their first date.

That sounds like something Aryan would say, but GM is too stupid to say something so "clever."

Well, if posts on this board are going to constantly rehash what certain players said, I think we should include all players then. Howard knew a lot about dog fights, I suppose he might have been to one or two of them.

Candice came in with the attitude and chose to isolate herself. Did any one ever think it was Candice who was jealous of the blond haired, blue eyed girl?

She started the whole "Let's get the boys out" yet she hung on to Howard like a wet noodle. She threw up to GM about Nick and I agree GM will never get Nick, but neither will Candice get Howard who she latched on to because his eyes were for Amanda and Elissa (the caucasians).

Maybe when they all get together, Howard will take her to a dog fight on their first date.

The trashy racist whites gave Candice an attitude early in the game, unfortunately their weren't any women from her own culture who she could bond with.

Why would Candice be jealous of genetic-recessive traits like bleached-blonde-hair and blue eyes? A former beauty Queen with a college degree and beautiful brown skin wouldn't be jealous of a low IQ bigot.

Yeah due to unfortunate circumstances Howard and Candice were forced to bond together due to Howard wanting to protect his sister from further attacks, before the bed incident they were merely associates......I doubt Howard had eyes for the carcassasians even though they frequently mentioned his Black penis and let in his arms.

When Howard was talking about fighting dogs he was referencing the civil-rights struggle and how his grandmother told him how whites used to use German Shepard dogs to fight the civil rights marchers and viciously bite them. Some fought back and some were mauled.

The trashy racist whites gave Candice an attitude early in the game, unfortunately their weren't any women from her own culture who she could bond with.

Why wouldn't Candice be jealous of genetic-recessive traits like bleached-blonde-hair and blue eyes? A former beauty Queen with a college degree and beautiful brown skin wouldn't be jealous of a low IQ bigot.

Yeah due to unfortunate circumstances Howard and Candice were forced to bond together due to Howard wanting to protect his sister from further attacks, before the bed incident they were merely associates......I doubt Howard had eyes for the carcassasians even though they frequently mentioned his Black penis and let in his arms.

When Howard was talking about fighting dogs he was referencing the civil-rights struggle and how his grandmother told him how whites used to use German Shepard dogs to fight the civil rights marchers and viciously bite them. Some fought back and some were mauled.

No he was referencing dog fights.

Sure, they could all be jealous of each other for different reasons, but I just threw that out their as an assumption since so many posters here have their own. I know what I know about these people from watching them for approx 6 weeks and that hardly makes me an expert (and others I suppose) on these people. If anyone knew these people before they entered the house, I would love to hear about who they really are and what makes them tick (not really, but it sounds good) :lol2:

No, he was talking about his good friend who fights dogs. Howard knows a lot about it. Flashback: July 11th 1:16am cams 3-4.

CBS CEO Les Moonves characterized the racist behavior on “Big Brother” by Texas State University co-ed Aaryn Gries and other contestants as “absolutely appalling.”

“I find some of the behavior absolutely appalling,” he added. “But it reflects what some are feeling in America."

_______

Especially on MortysTV!!!

Amanda to Candice during the veto competition:

“That’s the Shaniqua coming out of you, I guess!”

“Am I racist now? I’m racist now.

-----------------------------

On the 24-hour Internet feed of the house, Amanda Zuckerman, who's white, mocked the accent of a Korean woman and referred to "Puerto Rican showers," leading to a debate about whether she's racist.

"I'm just joking," said Zuckerman, a 28-year-old real estate agent from Boynton Beach, Fla. "I've had sex with Puerto Rican guys before."

----------------------------

But wait, there's more:

"She wore my f---in' head band and didn't ask," Zuckerman said about African American housemate Candice Stewart. "She took it off your f---in' head and put it on her greasy-ass, nappy-hair head."

In another instance, Zuckerman referred to African American contestant Howard Overby as "the black mamba" and "the dark knight." She also referred to herself as a "f** hag" and used the term "retarded" on multiple occasions.

---------------------------

Also, Amanda has made a lot of anti-gay remarks, mocking Andy as a f**, fairy and queer boy (no wait, that was Aryan.) Amanda wanted to slit Elissa's throat and wanted to pass her lifeless body around to all the men in the house to engage in necrophilia. She also wanted all the men in the house to gang rape Jessie. The examples above were just from Amanda. There are plenty of other examples from Vagina Marie and Aryan Nation.

--------------------------

This is the worst cast in the worst season of Big Brother and it has brought out the worst comments in some of the posters here.

On the 24-hour Internet feed of the house, Amanda Zuckerman, who's white, mocked the accent of a Korean woman and referred to "Puerto Rican showers," leading to a debate about whether she's racist.

"I'm just joking," said Zuckerman, a 28-year-old real estate agent from Boynton Beach, Fla. "I've had sex with Puerto Rican guys before."

But wait, there's more:

"She wore my f---in' head band and didn't ask," Zuckerman said about African American housemate Candice Stewart. "She took it off your f---in' head and put it on her greasy-ass, nappy-hair head."

In another instance, Zuckerman referred to African American contestant Howard Overby as "the black mamba" and "the dark knight." She also referred to herself as a "f** hag" and used the term "retarded" on multiple occasions.

Also, Amanda has made a lot of anti-gay remarks, mocking Andy as a f**, fairy and queer boy (no wait, that was Aryan.) Amanda wanted to slit Elissa's throat and wanted to pass her lifeless body around to all the men in the house to engage in necrophilia. She also wanted all the men in the house to gang rape Jessie. The examples above were just from Amanda. There are plenty of other examples from Vagina Marie and Aryan Nation.

This is the worst cast in the worst season of Big Brother and it has brought out the worst comments in some of the posters here.

The ethnic slurs, gay slurs, & racist comments have been commented on at length on this forum... And will likely continue be commented upon even past the season's end. But to repeatedly harangue this board about the vile racist, ethnic and gay hate speech to the near exclusion of all else BB is absurd. It is also just another form of bullying and is vile in it's own way. Passion is great but zealotry is ultimately harmful.

There ARE other BB issues to be discussed which can and should be discussed without a constant drumbeat of racial activism. If you would like a thread on the topic of race in the BB house, feel free to start one... but it is now approaching the point where a discussion of a butterfly in the BB BY causes some to get up on their soapbox and rant away at all of us little unenlightened people about racial insensitivity... There are racial issues that have been discussed and should be discussed in the weeks ahead, but how about a little more balance and a little less grandstanding.

Monk

But wait, there's more:

Not to make light of those comments but I was even more disturbed with Spencer's praise of Nazi Doctors and his jokes about child pornography.

The post-mortem gang-rape also included the use of Jessie's blood as a lubricant while her lifeless body was being sodomized.......just sick and repulsive.

I often wonder how Candise was able to eat and sleep around the most vile and disgusting human beings ever filmed on reality TV.....I mean these HG's are worse than those To Catch a Predator freaks, I still can't believe that GM mocked Candise for being an adopted child and Helen rush to hug and congratulate GM for making such a vicious remark.

I absolutely love this season of BB! This might be the last time we see unfiltered and uncensored human behavior on television because after all this backlash aim sure the networks will include racism/bigotry rules in the contracts of the guests, but as for now I'm enjoying how people are finally getting to see the TRUTH!!