Aaryn - Week 5 - HOH

Unlike many of you, I do not think that julie chen is going to rake aaryn over the coals. That would surprise me. She might call her on it to a degree but no raking. Nor do I believe that aaryn will suffer much from her time on big brother. Life goes on.

Clearly, aaryn is her own worst enemy. That will probably be revenge enough.

:notworthy:

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This being the aaryn thread let me say that I didn't particularly like her before she started with the ridiculous remarks - I can't imagine anybody defending that; it is what it is, no matter - and I especially don't like her now because of her ridiculous remarks. It doesn't make me warm and fuzzy that she is good at competitions but she is and there you have it. If she wins; so be it.

Unlike many of you, I do not think that julie chen is going to rake aaryn over the coals. That would surprise me. She might call her on it to a degree but no raking. Nor do I believe that aaryn will suffer much from her time on big brother. Life goes on.

Clearly, aaryn is her own worst enemy. That will probably be revenge enough.

I don't care who wins, even if it's Aaryn or Amanda. It's $500,000, minus taxes. I know it may sound like a big chunk of change, but it's not like whoever wins it is going to coast on it for the rest of his/her life. It'll be gone in no time at all, especially considering that most of the HGs are in the age bracket where they haven't attained a lot of money sense. Whoever wins it, I wonder if they'll consider that the cost to their reputation may be more than that money.

I also don't think Julie will rake Aaryn over the coals, and I don't think she should. Sure, Aaryn deserves it, but that doesn't mean Julie should lower herself to doing it. As you said, Aaryn is her own worst enemy.

What goes around comes around.

I don't care who wins, even if it's Aaryn or Amanda. It's $500,000, minus taxes. I know it may sound like a big chunk of change, but it's not like whoever wins it is going to coast on it for the rest of his/her life. It'll be gone in no time at all, especially considering that most of the HGs are in the age bracket where they haven't attained a lot of money sense. Whoever wins it, I wonder if they'll consider that the cost to their reputation may be more than that money.

I also don't think Julie will rake Aaryn over the coals, and I don't think she should. Sure, Aaryn deserves it, but that doesn't mean Julie should lower herself to doing it. As you said, Aaryn is her own worst enemy.

What goes around comes around.

Good post!

Roli : " I also don't think Julie will rake Aaryn over the coals, "

I imagine she'll infer that she may encounter some differences in the outside world due to

her being on the show. BUT... I doubt she'll be very specific about it.

I just want Julie to tell her on air that she lost her job. I want to let her be all nonchalant that it does not matter that we are ridiculous for seeing her as a racist, even as she realizes that some people who do matter are looking at her and disapproving.

Thanks for posting that link. He said, "The season is reflective “of how many people feel in the country.." I agree with that statement, and I'm happy to say that I don't have any Aaryns or Amandas in my own circle. If I did have people of this type in my circle I wouldn't just sit idly by while they said some of the horrible things that they've said. The passivity of just about every other HG is as sickening as the offensive comments, IMO. At least Judd did call Amanda out on her racism. I still don't like him, but kudos to him for that.

That being said, I would rather I know how those around me feel than have them just say "PC" things. I would rather talk about it than brush it under the rug as if they aren't harboring those feelings. I prefer honesty, even if it's unpleasant or ugly. Can't deal with it if I don't know about it.

Yeah, it's no different here it seems with some. But, I've blocked them. Anyway, all of them in that house that have made excuses for that racist's comments and made similar racist comments are just as bad as her and one day, Karma will visit and it won't be nice.

Yes, so let's just censor everyone so that everyone is comfortable. I think the fact that BB is displaying the ugliness going on inside that house, provides an opportunity for open dialogue. But, too many people don't feel comfortable talking about it, so it gets ugly because people get bullied, censored, ignored, invalidated or called a racist themselves for merely calling it out and making comments about it. It doesn't have to devolve into a ugly mud-pit. All of us can discuss and ask questions about racial things that come up in the house and be civil. Or just let people vent about it without trying to control everyone and be the speech police.

Arayn is using the logic that Candace has labeled her as a racist so therefore she must be targeted for eviction, it's a subplot to BB15 that can be discussed on the show BB15 but can't be discussed on an anonymous online forum dedicated to BB15.

I'm one of those intelligent people who won't attempt to censor people's discussions about BB, I'm intelligent enough to either skip over there post, ignore their post or block them......it's that simple.

You see: some people would like to ignore Aryns behavior as if it's not offensive and Aryan to her credit refuses to let her behavior be ignored because each week she has another comment or quip that becomes an addition to her bigot-reel.

One of the most fascinating scenes from BB15 is where Aryan is laying in a hammock bragging about how she corrected Candace about using the word "axed" instead of "asked", she told the story in a very condescending and vile manner and it struck me as fascinating because her best friend GM has been using broken-English, double-negatives and literally butchering the English language with gems like "Yous'e are all cock-a-roaches" yet it's somehow viewed as "cute" and unworthy of scorn.

Aryan is a perfect guinea-pig to throw in an environment like BB and study.

Yeah, it's no different here it seems with some. But, I've blocked them. Anyway, all of them in that house that have made excuses for that racist's comments and made similar racist comments are just as bad as her and one day, Karma will visit and it won't be nice.

Yes, so let's just censor everyone so that everyone is comfortable. I think the fact that BB is displaying the ugliness going on inside that house, provides an opportunity for open dialogue. But, too many people don't feel comfortable talking about it, so it gets ugly because people get bullied, censored, ignored, invalidated or called a racist themselves for merely calling it out and making comments about it. It doesn't have to devolve into a ugly mud-pit. All of us can discuss and ask questions about racial things that come up in the house and be civil. Or just let people vent about it without trying to control everyone and be the speech police.

It's not censorship, it's called mature self control.

You clearly have the ability to get your point across without taking snarky potshots at those who hold to a different political belief system. The self-righteousness is choking...

When you've mentioned characters on the right and conservative media like Fox in the disparaging way that you have, you are injecting your own brand of self-righteous bias into what is just a BB fan forum. It's as if you believe that you have a pipeline to the best answers to our common problems and anyone that disagrees with you is just a hateful bigot... that's just a tad bit self inflating and more than a tad bit arrogant.. don'tcha think????

What you've already posted is insulting to those who believe differently... So far the conservatives on this board have refrained from commenting on the effect they believe Pres O and the progressives have had on the sense of entitlement that Candice so obviously embraces. Is that the discussion you want to have here? Well, it's not the discussion I want. I'm here to read about and post about BB 15.

Luckily, they've held their tongue thus far but.... before long they WILL begin pushing back with their own politically biased comments. None of which will add a thing to this BB discussion. And given that you haven't been able to control yourself when unchallenged, it's highly unlikely that you will be able to refrain from responding in kind to their disparaging comments about the personalities and media that you hold dear.. and we're off to the ugly races.

The frustrating thing about your position is that nothing you've posted about conservatives and their media outlets has added any value whatsoever to your messages.. in fact, you've just obscured the essence of what you have to say with this snark. It's hard to fathom is why you need to get up on your political soapbox when the rest of your message is well thought out and insightful. It's also obvious that you could ever so easily get your message across without insulting the conservatives. So why do it?

I get that you feel superior to others in your politics.. One of our shared problems is that far too many of us feel exactly as you do but from a myriad of different perspectives... You obviously believe that you have a lock on the truths of our society and that those that are on the right are bigots and hateful... Well, the issue is that those on the opposite side are just as self-righteous in their equally ridiculously elevated understanding of the meaning of truth and they believe that you are the one doing damage to us all. And all the while we get nowhere... we just bicker because we each are so much smarter and so much more right on the issues than the other guy. What a terrible and useless mess you seek to create.

So I ask you again... please reconsider your posting habits.

Monk

Honky is a term Af Ams coined to speak of european folk in a reverse racist perspective. white trash is a term that European folk coined to deal with Europeans who are not cultured, civilized, and who offend ...and by offend, some European folk mean those who are racist and homophobic.

I think there are probably about as many reverse racist Af AMs as racist Euros percentage wise. I think there would be Af Ams who are racists were the tables turned and they were in the majority because there is in human nature a tendency to discern difference in a negative way even as there is a tendency to discern difference as attractive and interesting.

Dark Barbie dolls do not have Af Am features. Barbie dolls do not have realistic female proportions. Calling a woman a barbie doll refers to her lack of reality no matter her color.

Aunt Jemimah is not racist, but she represents a cultural comfort with racism. To call an Af Am Aunt J and tell her to make pancakes is racist. I recall when they banned the Frito Bandito because Mexicans were stereotyped as thieves and a bandito is a bandit or thief. I had no idea having not lived where Mexicans were subjected to racism. I thought the Frito character was like Yosemite Sam and I suppose red heads might want him not to be portrayed as such a hot head.

When we stop demeaning people for differences, we will be able to laugh about those differences. Until then, we risk hurting people's feelings because they have been demeaned.

Thanks for posting that link. He said, "The season is reflective “of how many people feel in the country.." I agree with that statement, and I'm happy to say that I don't have any Aaryns or Amandas in my own circle. If I did have people of this type in my circle I wouldn't just sit idly by while they said some of the horrible things that they've said. The passivity of just about every other HG is as sickening as the offensive comments, IMO. At least Judd did call Amanda out on her racism. I still don't like him, but kudos to him for that.

That being said, I would rather I know how those around me feel than have them just say "PC" things. I would rather talk about it than brush it under the rug as if they aren't harboring those feelings. I prefer honesty, even if it's unpleasant or ugly. Can't deal with it if I don't know about it.

I agree totally. O I do so agree.

I saw where Julie Chen said she plans to have and open mind and to try and understand where she is coming from. She wants their talk to be calm and level-headed.

I believe that's the right approach. Julie Chen does not attack. When someone attacks it puts the other person on defense and nothing is accomplished. IMO.

I believe that's the right approach. Julie Chen does not attack. When someone attacks it puts the other person on defense and nothing is accomplished. IMO.

That is so true Roli. But I have a feeling when the houseguests who didn't make the jury will not be so kind at the finale.

Actually, professionals of all stripes need to stand for integrity and progress. If Julie doesn't at least let Aaryn know

of some amount of disapproval of her racism then that will be a sad reflection on Julie's own lack of courage. There

is a point at which wrong is just wrong and like her husband (Les Moonves), there is a time to stand for something.

Honky is a term Af Ams coined to speak of european folk in a reverse racist perspective. white trash is a term that European folk coined to deal with Europeans who are not cultured, civilized, and who offend ...and by offend, some European folk mean those who are racist and homophobic.I think there are probably about as many reverse racist Af AMs as racist Euros percentage wise. I think there would be Af Ams who are racists were the tables turned and they were in the majority because there is in human nature a tendency to discern difference in a negative way even as there is a tendency to discern difference as attractive and interesting.Dark Barbie dolls do not have Af Am features. Barbie dolls do not have realistic female proportions. Calling a woman a barbie doll refers to her lack of reality no matter her color.Aunt Jemimah is not racist, but she represents a cultural comfort with racism. To call an Af Am Aunt J and tell her to make pancakes is racist. I recall when they banned the Frito Bandito because Mexicans were stereotyped as thieves and a bandito is a bandit or thief. I had no idea having not lived where Mexicans were subjected to racism. I thought the Frito character was like Yosemite Sam and I suppose red heads might want him not to be portrayed as such a hot head.When we stop demeaning people for differences, we will be able to laugh about those differences. Until then, we risk hurting people's feelings because they have been demeaned. I agree totally. O I do so agree.

It's fascinating that you believe in the myth of "reverse-racism".

The fact that you believe that people of African descent are racist is baffling.

I know plenty of African-Americans, Hatian-Americans, and people of African descent who live in America and none of them have the power or influence to use racism or race-hatred to control public policy that would effect the lives of whites.

Their are over 500 global white-supremacist groups like the KKK, Aryan Nation, Skinheads, and Neo-Nazis who have numbers in the thousands along with multiple websites to further their agenda and spread their beliefs.

I don't see people of African descent hanging nooses, spray-painting Swastikas, and burning crosses while using disproportionate prison sentences based on racial classification.

Racism/WhiteSupremacy was the cause of 11 million deaths in the Nazi holocaust, can you give me another historical example of

non-white people slaughtering millions of white people based on race-hatred and a belief in racial-superiority?

People of African descent are the most tolerant people on the planet because unlike some cultures they come in all different colors from jet Black Wesley Snipes to Mocha Latte Colin Powell, they are accepting and forgiving willing to march peacefully in the midst of violent opposition just to have equal human rights.

Howard from Big Brother 15 is of African descent and his behavior in the midst of racial-hostility is the typical response that people from his culture give on a daily basis here in America.

It's not censorship, it's called mature self control.

You clearly have the ability to get your point across without taking snarky potshots at those who hold to a different political belief system. The self-righteousness is choking...

When you've mentioned characters on the right and conservative media like Fox in the disparaging way that you have, you are injecting your own brand of self-righteous bias into what is just a BB fan forum. It's as if you believe that you have a pipeline to the best answers to our common problems and anyone that disagrees with you is just a hateful bigot... that's just a tad bit self inflating and more than a tad bit arrogant.. don'tcha think????

What you've already posted is insulting to those who believe differently... So far the conservatives on this board have refrained from commenting on the effect they believe Pres O and the progressives have had on the sense of entitlement that Candice so obviously embraces. Is that the discussion you want to have here? Well, it's not the discussion I want. I'm here to read about and post about BB 15.

Luckily, they've held their tongue thus far but.... before long they WILL begin pushing back with their own politically biased comments. None of which will add a thing to this BB discussion. And given that you haven't been able to control yourself when unchallenged, it's highly unlikely that you will be able to refrain from responding in kind to their disparaging comments about the personalities and media that you hold dear.. and we're off to the ugly races.

The frustrating thing about your position is that nothing you've posted about conservatives and their media outlets has added any value whatsoever to your messages.. in fact, you've just obscured the essence of what you have to say with this snark. It's hard to fathom is why you need to get up on your political soapbox when the rest of your message is well thought out and insightful. It's also obvious that you could ever so easily get your message across without insulting the conservatives. So why do it?

I get that you feel superior to others in your politics.. One of our shared problems is that far too many of us feel exactly as you do but from a myriad of different perspectives... You obviously believe that you have a lock on the truths of our society and that those that are on the right are bigots and hateful... Well, the issue is that those on the opposite side are just as self-righteous in their equally ridiculously elevated understanding of the meaning of truth and they believe that you are the one doing damage to us all. And all the while we get nowhere... we just bicker because we each are so much smarter and so much more right on the issues than the other guy. What a terrible and useless mess you seek to create.

So I ask you again... please reconsider your posting habits.

Monk

Thanks Sweetie (ooops that just slipped) I mean Monk