Amanda - Week 5 MVP Nominee

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they blindside her somehow, I really liked her in the beginning but of course she became too comfortable and now she is a bully, threatening people.. She seriously thinks she is calling the shots... Do they not see her allegiance is to McRib only? She lives up under whoever the HOH is.. Smart move is to evict her next ... Mcnugget will get over it, he'll be fine. Helen is another one making huge mistakes ( she is too involved with the big decisions) she should becareful also and try her best to make sure Amanda leaves next week.

GreatSaltLuke they were just joking around - they picked up the phone and were pretending to talk to people

Gotcha. Just didn't realize they had a phone in there.

Is there any scenerio in which Amanda gets voted out this week?

With someone with a mouth that big there is always a scenario.

Judd, spencer, Elisa, Jessie and Helen can seriously blindside her.. She needs five votes to leave.

There's a lot of time before eviction night. I don't know how anyone could say that Howard going home is a lock yet. Maybe someone will get some sense in their brain and realize what a missed opportunity it would be to take out Amanda this week. Howard can be taken out any time. He doesn't have the support to make it very long. His only buddies, really, are Candice and Spencer.

Then again, haven't seen much in the line of "game" from any of the HGs yet.

I think it's too soon for them to pull the trigger on Amanda. McCrae would go nuts and possibly defect and they've got like 5 easy weeks ahead of them (Howard, Spencer, Candice, GM, Aaryn) and if anyone on the other side of the house gets HOH, they would likely put up McCranda anyways.

you are damn if you do damn if you dont

both making the jury is an automatic 2 votes against someone

if you pull the trigger on amanda now you mess up what is more than likely smooth sailing and give howard and crew a chance to regroup :animated_bouncy:

This is perfect example of what AMERICA"S VOTE F'ING SUCKS

She playing a good game, yet she's on the block because America doesn't like her. That the only reason, so it SUCKS that the players don't know that.

Nobody in the game the play a smart game when there are aspect of the game they can't plan for.

How about a HG be randomly picked to be on the block? Its the same damn thing, they can't play a game that prevent them from randomly being picked.

I totally agree with you echo. They are now calling Amanda a "mean girl". But who is the "mean girl" now? America is. Amanda is playing a good game. Is she bossy, yes, does she say things out of turn in a rage? Yes. Is she playing the game? yes. The only reason she is on the block is because America needed a new "mean girl" to vote for and they chose Amanda, because they decided not to like her. It does suck. I am still on the Amanda train. :party_smilie: Hoping she is still there after the vote! #TeamAmanda

Guest 6Borders

Did anyone else just hear McPizza say something to Amanda that "there's no way the powers that be would let their prize possession" and then the feed cut away?

I heard that but I was not sure if I was hearing correctly. It was probably just an ego boosting comment to Amanda but McCrae and Amanda certainly do bring up production and their DR's a lot.

Also thought it was funny when Amanda was asked about applying for BB and she slipped and said she didn't submit a tape, then she quickly covered it saying she only submitted a picture online. I went and looked at the application and it says you must submit a tape and one of the FAQ's was what if I don't have a video camera, etc? and the answer was something like you can always find someone who has one.

It is very possibly true that Amanda is Grodner's girl this year and if she does not win by some fluke Grodner can't control then she will be back for All Stars or another season.

The way I see it... Amanda was America's vote for the block because of the way she's been in everyone's face about

HER opinions on what should happen.

There's a way to play this game strategically without being so ummm... bossy and not come off like she's the only

one with the best ideas.

She's rubbed America the wrong way - - and, YES, everyone knew America was doing the voting for the 3rd nom.

( They even figured out that Aaryn was our first pick - and - then it dwindled down to Elissa last week. )

If this is part of the game this season... then they should play accordingly.

If, by any chance, she's still on the block after POV... and she gets voted off... shame on her.

Maybe she'll learn to tame her 'in your face' ways.

(shame, because she can be pretty entertaining at times)

I heard that but I was not sure if I was hearing correctly. It was probably just an ego boosting comment to Amanda but McCrae and Amanda certainly do bring up production and their DR's a lot.

Also thought it was funny when Amanda was asked about applying for BB and she slipped and said she didn't submit a tape, then she quickly covered it saying she only submitted a picture online. I went and looked at the application and it says you must submit a tape and one of the FAQ's was what if I don't have a video camera, etc? and the answer was something like you can always find someone who has one.

It is very possibly true that Amanda is Grodner's girl this year and if she does not win by some fluke Grodner can't control then she will be back for All Stars or another season.

If it was BS then they wouldn't cut the feeds away.

This is perfect example of what AMERICA"S VOTE F'ING SUCKS

She playing a good game, yet she's on the block because America doesn't like her. That the only reason, so it SUCKS that the players don't know that.

Nobody in the game the play a smart game when there are aspect of the game they can't plan for.

How about a HG be randomly picked to be on the block? Its the same damn thing, they can't play a game that prevent them from randomly being picked.

It changes the entire dynamic of the game. It would be like watching a football game and allowing people to call in and vote on which play should be called at random intervals, we no longer have a game that is fair for the best player/team to win. It might be fun for entertainment purposes, but if that is the direction they want to go, lets stop calling it a game.

Grodner's player is whomever she thinks will bring in the highest ratings. And it changes throughout the season. At the beginning it was clearly Elissa, but she's turned out to be a wet noodle so now she's getting the bad edits on the broadcast show, production is ready to cut her loose. Now it's most certainly switched to Amanda because she is creating the most drama, people are voting for her to go on the block, it's good for ratings and I don't see production throwing that away until someone else comes along and fills that role.

It's just like with Rachel, most people can't stand her yet when she played production was clearly manipulated in her favor to keep her in the game as long as possible. I think she clearly goes down as the least deserving of any BB winner based on the multiple times BB saved her rear that season.

I would suspect that the majority of players, for at least the past several years if not the very beginning, are ringers of some sort.

It's all entertainment, not a true game anymore, if it ever was. Maybe all of us who have been fans all along are going to need a 12 step program to come to grips with that.

Amanda is playing a good game but is doing so in a mean and bullying way and that is why is even being considered to be voted out. When McCrae won HOH she was with him from the beginning and talking game and all that, that was being a good player. When Aaryn won the second week she again was being a good player because she was talking game and kind of letting people know who the target should be but that was all. When Helen won again she was being strategic but when Judd won HOH she was being bossy and even at some points told Judd he had to put Howard and Spencer on the block. She was mad when Elissa didn't put Howard up as the MVP nom during the third week. There is a way to play the game and talking about possible nominee's and stuff is great, but she is starting to use her game talk as a bullying tactic. It got so bad last week that Judd started seriously considering nominating her. This week she is a target because of it. America I think hates her because she has become bullying and think she runs the house and frankly it would be more fun to watch if she wasn't thinking that. America Nominated her yet people are talking about flipping and voting her out. The only reason it isn't going to happen is because the Houseguests seem scared to vote her out.

I think they are scared to try to blindside Amanda because not one of them really trusts any of the others. They have all made so many deals and alliances with everyone and know that for the most part, none of those alliances mean anything. So, if they get five people together who are all saying, yes, yes, we need to vote Amanda out... not one of them trusts that any of the others will follow through with it (and even fear that they will run to Amanda and spill their guts) and the fools who believe go ahead and vote for Amanda, end up being hinky votes and incur the wrath of McManda.

Guest 6Borders

Did anyone else just hear McPizza say something to Amanda that "there's no way the powers that be would let their prize possession" and then the feed cut away?

Production does not want anyone to believe the article that Amanda is Grodner's selected-to-win this year so they are going to cut away immediately. It's really pretty ridiculous because Grodner has creative license to do just about anything she wants because it's not a "game show" so it's just thumbing nose at fans by Grodner

Production does not want anyone to believe the article that Amanda is Grodner's selected-to-win this year so they are going to cut away immediately. It's really pretty ridiculous because Grodner has creative license to do just about anything she wants because it's not a "game show" so it's just thumbing nose at fans by Grodner

In that case, then all the other HG must know about this, otherwise CBS runs the risks of getting sued for fixing the game.

Honestly, I don't think anyone is really there to win the money, they are all just waiting for their chance to get discovered. This group has a very long wait for that.

You know that I like the spice you add to this forum... but... I've just gotta ask... did Grodner steal your lunch money, pull your pigtails, sugar your gas tank, make you eat worms, force you to listen to rap for hours, run over your cat, or what?

Monk

You know that I like the spice you add to this forum... but... I've just gotta ask... did Grodner steal your lunch money, pull your pigtails, sugar your gas tank, make you eat worms, force you to listen to rap for hours, run over your cat, or what?

Monk

Why do we watch the show? No two of us for the same reason. The question of what about it constitutes a game is also part of the "charm" there is reality and there is game. The game is supposed to give license to behave as one would not otherwise...and yet we also think we are seeing into the reality of these people as they expose themselves in "playing". I recall the scandal when the $64K ? was revealed to have given the answers to one of the contestants. There was some court involvement due to the fraud. I am not sure that pertains here as the HGs have signed not to reveal and are paid and threatened with suit if they reveal...

I stopped watching when I realized EDick was going to win due to no one standing up. I was too disgusted with the rest of the HGs. and there was no suspense as to what was going to happen all too inevitable.

I have to say that Morty's has kept me watching this year. Not my partner who does not write here nor read these pages. When more interesting HGs were in, we read the reports of what happened. Not this year. Only you folks in your variety have kept me watching and reading you. Otherwise, my interest this year has dwindled.

I like the skew of the MVP and the fact that the HGs do not know that the US is doing it now. I like the fact that they are treated like rats in a maze because I do nt like them very much as a crew. So whatever is done to them sort of amuses me. I am more annoyed with them keeping Aryan, so I want to see them suffer under her thumb. I do not want to see Amanda or Howard go out under her bec of the racism...it is like seeing Hitler win LOL...O do not take me too seriously on this, but that element is there.

So if you get off on hating Grodner or are real invested in some idea of fairness, I'm kind of ok with GRodner and am more interested in how the HGs deal with what is thrown at them as they evolve to be fair or excuse themselves with the idea it is only a 'game'.

Let's be real.......IMO (of course)........watching BB is entertaining......watching the feeds, may waver on entertaining or obsessive or for many of us, or just to pass the time. I find when I'm most bored, in July/August on a break from work is when I'm most hooked.

Posting about BB is entertaining and sometimes crosses over to emotional because IMO when we watch others, it brings out the best or the worst of ourselves. I can say this from experiences some good, some not.

Also, IMO, to "blame" production for any of it confuses me......for as many fans who hate what production is doing because they feel that all of the HGs they are loyal to are harmed in some way......... there are just as many who watch because of it.

IDT that production "planned" that these HGs would turn out to be an x rated soap opera and then change into what is now becoming the Dr. phil show......really?