BB 15 General Discussion - Part 2

Marty

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to all of you who came out to say a little prayer for our friend fishy. We currently do not know the status of his health but his family was very thankful for the outpouring of support. We will keep you posted should anything change.

dVRvRcM.jpg5uqhkBd.jpg

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to all of you who came out to say a little prayer for our friend fishy. We currently do not know the status of his health but his family was very thankful for the outpouring of support. We will keep you posted should anything change.

dVRvRcM.jpg5uqhkBd.jpg

Heartbreaking! This brings back all of the sadness I felt when I lost my goldfish Jaws. It's been over a decade, but feels like it was just yesterday. I miss the way he used to blow me kisses every day when I came home from work. I know his love for me was every bit as strong as my love for him. He was a rescue. I saved him from a little bowl at the state fair. But, you know, sometimes I wonder just who saved who.

I need a few minutes alone. Be back later. :(

Heartbreaking! This brings back all of the sadness I felt when I lost my goldfish Jaws. It's been over a decade, but feels like it was just yesterday. I miss the way he used to blow me kisses every day when I came home from work. I know his love for me was every bit as strong as my love for him. He was a rescue. I saved him from a little bowl at the state fair. But, you know, sometimes I wonder just who saved who.

I need a few minutes alone. Be back later. :(

:lol: My daughter had a goldfish from the County Fair named George that lived for 4 years in a dirty fishbowl.

:lol: My daughter had a goldfish from the County Fair named George that lived for 4 years in a dirty fishbowl.

I've never ever told anyone this before, and I'm telling it to you, Marty, in confidence.......I think I may have killed Jaws when I cleaned his bowl. Maybe those state fair fish prefer dirty fishbowls and he just couldn't take the OCD way I had of cleaning his bowl every week.

I feel better now that I've confessed, but I'd still prefer if you kept this between you and me. K, thx.

Guest 6Borders

I hope they catch on that this is a very good oppertunity to get rid of Amanda. To have not earned any power she sure has tried to control everyone else's power

Every year a person or small power group decide that they are so invincible that they can get another person or power group out any time they want to and it rarely, if ever, has worked!!! I would love to see Amanda get blindsided just because it would be awesome TV.

I've never ever told anyone this before, and I'm telling it to you, Marty, in confidence.......I think I may have killed Jaws when I cleaned his bowl. Maybe those state fair fish prefer dirty fishbowls and he just couldn't take the OCD way I had of cleaning his bowl every week.

I feel better now that I've confessed, but I'd still prefer if you kept this between you and me. K, thx.

I couldn't help but overhear your conversation even though you were whispering. I do know that when you clean out their bowl and fill it with fresh water, when you drop them in it shocks them - the change in the environment, and the pH of the water. It's not your fault, you were only trying to keep him cleanly. It happens, forgive yourself. Jaws is in a better place.

Yes they love the dirty fish bowls. I fear you did murder Jaws.

OK my confession. We had a dwarf rabbit named Petey. I can home from my lunch break and his cage was stinky. I put the cage out on the patio to air out and the sun shifted and sun got to Petey's brain and killed him. I found out later that dwarf rabbits can't be in sun long or their brains fry. So I killed Petey. My daughter likes to remind me of the murder from time to time.

Listening to the feeds with Amanda and Helen talking non-stop I think yes they are digging that hole.

Poor Petey. :(

I couldn't help but overhear your conversation even though you were whispering. I do know that when you clean out their bowl and fill it with fresh water, when you drop them in it shocks them - the change in the environment, and the pH of the water. It's not your fault, you were only trying to keep him cleanly. It happens, forgive yourself. Jaws is in a better place.

I thought I had everything just right. I had treated and tested the water. But he started failing very quickly and all of my efforts to save him were futile. After we recovered from the initial shock of losing a family member, I suggested we cremate him, but my husband forbid it. He said then he'd be craving fish and Jaws was hardly enough for a meal for one person, let alone the whole family. So we ended up sending him to his watery grave down the commode. Every time I needed to use the facilities I was reminded of the horrible thing I had done and eventually we ended up selling the house and moving elsewhere.

Years of grief therapy, and I'm still not over it. :(

I could make some phone calls.......just say the word.......

No words can begin to express my 'heartfelt thanks' for your kindness and thoughtfulness during a very difficult time. Knowing that you cared so much helped ease the pain I feel in my heart and will always be remembered. Thank you so much! - Twinkie's family

I just wanted to say that we didn't have the resources to have a great memorial for Twinkie like Hawknose had ^^^^^^.

GingerSnaps, I'm going to do some research and see if I can find a slug rescue group to donate to, and I will make a sizeable donation in Twinkie's name. (((Hugs)))

Awwww Roli - sorry - I too have sent many an expired pet fish down that last long waterslide ride.....I just try to imagine they are having a fun ride in the water park.....

Thank you much, Hawknose. I feel better now. Maybe even good enough to go to the state fair and try again. I've even got a name all picked out............JAWS 2!

GingerSnaps, I'm going to do some research and see if I can find a slug rescue group to donate to, and I will make a sizeable donation in Twinkie's name. (((Hugs)))

Twinkie has a sister who continues to be the family pet. Instead of donating to some charity, you can send the sizeable donation to Ho Hos, Twinkie's sister.

Thank you.

Twinkie has a sister who continues to be the family pet. Instead of donating to some charity, you can send the sizeable donation to Ho Hos, Twinkie's sister.

Thank you.

Um, I suppose I could do that. Should I hold back some funds for the inevitable request for the other sibling DingDong?