America - Week 4 - MVP

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I won't be surprised if she does go up by America vote. Between her goof alliance as well the larger good side alliance with Helen, Elissa, etc...I think they'll keep her safe. I could see Howard and Spencer working to evict her tho...that is if she goes up.

Guest 6Borders

This is just another way for Grodner to keep Elissa off the block and make sure the 3rd nom is someone Grodner wants, and balancing the votes in case her precious Brenchel sister is nominated. It's always going to be Grodner's vote.

I really hope they don't tell the houseguests, just imagine the tension that would cause... not knowing who nominated and everyone saying it's not them, and all of the houseguests assuming that someone is lying. Telling them that it was America isn't nearly as much fun, all that serves is making whoever is nominated feel crappy.

I decided to split my votes, and here's why... if we pick someone who Judd puts up (say, Aaryn), it will fall to the next highest votes. Then, let's say the next highest is Howard (yeah, right), but he wins the PoV... then it will fall to America to replace and I believe they will take the next highest vote getter, since there won't be time to recast votes. Having said all of that, I decided to split my votes... 3 Aaryn, 3 GM, and 4 Ellissa.

This is just another way for Grodner to keep Elissa off the block and make sure the 3rd nom is someone Grodner wants, and balancing the votes in case her precious Brenchel sister is nominated. It's always going to be Grodner's vote.

I think you might be right about the 3rd nom and I know you are right that it is always going to be grodner's vote.

I typically agree with the posters on here that think things are rigged or shady, done on the fly when things don't go quite right and they are worried about ratings. But, in this instance, I'm going to respectfully disagree that this is some ploy to save Ellissa. She doesn't need saving. If anything, this is a ploy to get MVP away from her for the week. I honestly think those twits running this show didn't have enough of a brain cell between them to figure out Ellissa would get MVP EVERY week. I think this America MVP is their way of trying to get it away from her before they take a ratings hit because people become disenfranchised with the whole dang show. That's just my 2 cents on it, there is simply nothing to be gained for Ellissa with this move.

I totally agree with you Teri, I think the viewers were not happy with duckface getting MVP every week. The Grodmother had to do something to change it up. So let America think they are voting, then they can put up whoever they want, and duckface gets no blood on her webbed feet!!

I don't think that I will vote. They got away with putting only one relative of an infamous former houseguest on the show.....why would I think that my vote counts. One vote at the end for america's favorite and I'm not even sure about that anymore. She knew to not mess with it the year that Jeff won. Otherwise; who knows?

As for viewers not being happy with elissa getting mvp every week I ask on here and am answered that viewers love elissa. Not here so much but elsewhere. Has that changed?

As for viewers not being happy with elissa getting mvp every week I ask on here and am answered that viewers love elissa. Not here so much but elsewhere. Has that changed?

I think the tides are turning somewhat with the Elissa fans. I don't see them necessarily hating her but they just would like someone else to have the power. (I would love to know who gets 2nd, 3rd etc. with the votes.)

I think the tides are turning somewhat with the Elissa fans. I don't see them necessarily hating her but they just would like someone else to have the power. (I would love to know who gets 2nd, 3rd etc. with the votes.)

Agreed. I know I don't dislike Ellissa, I just want someone else to get MVP, and I'm smart enough to know (like most of the other viewers at this point) that the odds of that happening with her in the house is pretty nil. So, sadly, she has to go.

Guest 6Borders

The MVP twist would have been awesome with #1 all new people, #2 the MVP could not tell anyone they had the power

#3 they could not get it week after week.

MVP was implemented with A LOT of wiggle room. Grodner had to do something because the real fans of the show were getting upset that it was just being given to Elissa every week and (most of) the HG's were also upset for the same reason.

The only difference with "America voting" is basically we won't have to watch Brentchelissa sit in the DR and tells us how honored she is that America loves her so much and how overwhelmed she is, otherwise nothing about MVP has really changed.

The problem with "America voting" is there are the real BB fans who will vote for who they think really is the most valuable player, etc and then you have the MPV's (Most Popular Voter) fans like The Brainless Brenchels; the Jeff/Jordan BB Sweethearts Club and one of my personal favorites The Janelle Cult! . Most of them not only have no idea who is playing a good game but are the same people who think Justin Bieber actually has talent.

If I really thought Elissa was playing any kind of game, let alone the best game, I would have voted for her. I cannot stand Rachel but in BB13 she deserved to win over Porsche (even tho Rachel had plenty of production help getting to F2 and the veterans all but voted for her).

Guest 6Borders

Why doesn't CBS post the tally of the votes when it is done? I would think all viewers and voters would like to see the results. Just seems that always keeping the results secret equals being shady about the whole voting process.

That would be awesome but the reason CBS does not do that (my personal opinion), other than the fact that Grodner can get the voting results SHE wants, is so that Julie can appease everyone with stupid come-on's like "it was the closest vote in history", "by a narrow margin"...etc.

Even if the votes were posted the way we do on Morty's, it would have to be an independent company doing the tally, and no was CBS is going to spring for/allow that.

I like Elissa and I don't care if she has fake boobs because I have for years wanted my own. Take away the fact that she is Rachel's sister I don't think the hate for her would be so extreme. Every single year one of the houseguests knows someone who has a connection. For example Porshe knew Janelle and you can bet Janelle had a huge part in getting her on the show, but because Janelle is such a popular player no one cares. Rachel was not a popular player her first time playing. I don't care if you are a sibling of someone who has played the game you are still a new person. She evidently doesn't have the competiveness that Rachel had but she is not stupid either. I think the MVP would have been spread around with other players if the tool Jeremy and his entorage had not singled her out as the enemy and number 1 target. I think people were voting against Jeremy more than they were voting for Elissa. When I watch BBAD I hardly ever see her so I am trying to figure out where she is so annoying????? She will get blamed for the vote if Aaryn is up and then everyone will turn on her so I am not exactly sure how Grodner is controlling anything here. People can say what they want about the diary room if that's the case then maybe Big Brother has run its course and shoud be done.

Wicked: (re Elissa)... "ridiculous expressions"

Every time they show her DRs I cringe.

It looks like it's the 10th 'take' the camera has had to do....

AND they get so frustrated they just slap the least 'faky one' into the show.

Does she practice in front of a mirror ?

(guess what ... she needs to practice more)

you can tell I'm still PO'd about her being on the show................

Guest 6Borders

Hehehe...and I was going to comment that Wicked had gone soft on us by only describing Elissa's expressions as "ridiculous". This lady wants to have a Ministry and she has the public speaking skills of singing holiday toy with a broken voice box.

The only thing I want her to practice is her sitting next to Julie speech LOL

I put in my votes for Aaryn. Assuming that Judd does not nominated her I cannot wait to see the expression on her face when Julie says "and America's nomination is.........Aaryn!"

That should be worth about a day and a half of tears when she finds out that she is not loved by all.

Would have put my vote in for Aaryn, but I think the majority of America would do that already. More concerned about who would get put up if 3 mean girls are on the block, and the MVP nominee gets the veto. Went ahead and voted for Elissa and hoping that the Elissa braindead fans just vote her MVP not paying attention to see the person would go on the block.

98e259c8ba744b478ceab1575dfd76bea8cbcac.

prefered

Are we allowed 10 votes ?

Just to be on the safe side (in case Aaryn's on the block anyway) everyone should vote

5 votes for Aaryn and 5 votes for another choice.

lol... that's if our votes actually mean anything :rolleyes:

I voted for Gina Marie

Would love Elissa to be nominated, though if the viewers being the MVP truly does remain a secret perhaps Helen being nominated would be more interesting. Or Amanda of course.

Credit where it's due this was a good move by Grodner - Elissa getting it every week was boring and everyone thinking they controlled her and the third vote was dull too. Hopefully it returns next week but they tweak it so it can't be won consecutive weeks, and ideally couldn't be won by the HoH either (talking of which, why didn't they wait 5-10 minutes for the HoH to be revealed before opening the lines - Judd is still on the voting page despite not being eligible!).

In a way too I think the MVP needs to have a catch - would be good that if the MVP nom gets Vetoed that the MVP automatically replaces them on the block, though obviously complications there if the MVP is already a nominee or is the HoH.

So.. I am a lurker around here, but had to share what I voted.

I put my 10 votes onto Amanda.

Do I want her to go home? Not really, I think she is entertaining, but I am really hoping that the MVP does STAY anonymous.

The idea of Amanda going insane over one of her own Houseguests putting her up would be priceless to me.

Anything to stir the pot.