This is how it looks to me.....

Hawknose

I have been watching this show for many years. This is the first time that I have ever been able to see the live feeds.

It is incredibly apparent that the HG's have gleaned a lot of information about situations inside the house based on the questions that they are asked in the DR, and by how many times certain people are called/or not called to the DR, as well as who has been voted MVP by America.

The HG's have since decided that there are two factions in the house, those that America likes and is rooting for, and those that are being made out to be "the bullies".

It is completely transparent and obvious to me looking in that none of them are making decisions based on how they feel, but based on how they think they should feel and well, America gave so and so the MVP, so lets keep/align with that person.

Like I said before, this is the first year that I have watched the live feeds, so I hear them talking about production, and I saw Amanda and Aaryn fighting last night, and Amanda saying how like nine people were asked to comment on how they feel that she is a racist.

Maybe some of them never felt she was racist until they were asked to comment on the issue.

My point is this: CBS clearly influences the decision making process of the HG's, so what I am watching is basically a farce. Shame on me for not figuring it out sooner.

I am not upset that Nick was sent home, I just feel that his eviction was influenced by the production staff.

Unfortunately, I have lost faith in this "product" that CBS is selling, and I cannot watch it and sit back and pretend that it is something it is not. I am disheartened and a little sad to realize that what I am watching is almost totally fabricated nonsense. While I will continue to watch it from a distance my enthusiasm is diminished and my contributions to this forum, however meager, will diminish also.

CBS has a gold mine here but they just don't know how to mine it.

I am sorry to write such a long post, sometimes I have trouble finding the right words.

Hawknose

Oh wow I knew this stuff way back when I started watching the feeds in Season 6. Production has always had their hands into it. I just watch BB for the entertainment value of it. I keep drama out of my life BUT I think it's funny to watch drama in other peoples life because so many of them bring it on themselves.

BUT since Season 6 when I got the live feeds I know their was a bunch of BS going on behind those walls. There always has been and always will be. That is just how it is.

CBS does have a gold mind and they are raking in the $$

Have none of you read George Orwell's masterpiece 1984? Big Brother is the government, the ruler who molds the public. This is Big Brother and they are living up to that concept. I suspect even allowing so many HGs to be on shrink meds and the kind of food not just the alcohol that they are given is part of the experiment. I would not even be surprised if some corporation was not giving them funding to see the effects of those meds or that food...I am not saying that is happening, but it would not surprise me if that corporation did not have a team of shrinks or statisticians or all of whatevers, making determinations based on what they are looking for that these people have signed up for without knowing that they are rats in a maze experiment.

Incidentally, I know it is bad science, but the corporations engage in paid for non science to parade to the politicians to claim their poisons are safe already...so what difference does it make? As for the MDs who experimented on their victims in Hitler's concentration camps, the data that they collected is also bad science skewed and unproven. However, there are people who use that information.

Have none of you read George Orwell's masterpiece 1984? Big Brother is the government, the ruler who molds the public. This is Big Brother and they are living up to that concept. I suspect even allowing so many HGs to be on shrink meds and the kind of food not just the alcohol that they are given is part of the experiment. I would not even be surprised if some corporation was not giving them funding to see the effects of those meds or that food...I am not saying that is happening, but it would not surprise me if that corporation did not have a team of shrinks or statisticians or all of whatevers, making determinations based on what they are looking for that these people have signed up for without knowing that they are rats in a maze experiment.

Incidentally, I know it is bad science, but the corporations engage in paid for non science to parade to the politicians to claim their poisons are safe already...so what difference does it make? As for the MDs who experimented on their victims in Hitler's concentration camps, the data that they collected is also bad science skewed and unproven. However, there are people who use that information.

There were a lot of other factors in the book 1984 that can't be used in this more simple version of the concept.

Interesting posts, Hawknose.

It has been pretty obvious or so I feel that it has, that BB manipulates the BB situation via the DR. The HG's are a captive audience and love being called to the DR. I think that most reality shows are manipulated. I try not to become too invested in them. For me, it is an upfront and personal glimpse at people far removed from my own life. I'm not sure what it says about me that I watch but clearly I am not alone and I think that people who watch and post on this and other forums represent a real cross-section of the public.

In my opinion, Big Brother has changed most in the manipulation of competition. I am a competitive person, at heart, but have no illusions about BB comps being particularly real.

If you see it on television, it is all about ratings and money. If a show is unsuccessful, it goes.

yQ0nino.jpg

LOL

I think that is taking things TOOOO far!

Production influencing the game is not new, the DR questioning has been like that for a while now. And the HGs can usually figure things out, or get pretty close. That's probably one of the reasons why HGs are not allowed to talk about DR sessions, b/c then they would compare notes. But every once in a while the HGs slip and mention something from DR, and then we get FoTH.

I also think it was made pretty obvious who America likes when the studio crowed booed and cheered with each vote last week until they were made to stop. I was sitting there watching the show and thought to myself, "the HGs are going to be able to hear that, it's going to come in through Julie's mic". And sure enough, some of the HGs did hear the boos or cheers, so it was made obvious then that Elissa was a favorite.

That being said, I'm kind of in the middle where CBS's meddling goes. Some of it I like, some of it I think ruins the game. I think the majority of the HGs knew that the things Aaryn was saying wasn't right and could be viewed as racist, I don't think they needed production to point that out to them.

And I still love BB, production cheating or not. :laugh4:

Sharonda99:

" I also think it was made pretty obvious who America likes when the studio crowed booed and cheered with each vote last week until they were made to stop. I was sitting there watching the show and thought to myself, "the HGs are going to be able to hear that, it's going to come in through Julie's mic". And sure enough, some of the HGs did hear the boos or cheers, so it was made obvious then that Elissa was a favorite. "

hmm... I remember thinking.. that when the audience was reacting to the votes - that it was strange they seemed to be on Ellisa's side.

Was the audience handpicked from Rachel's friends ?

I was under the impression that most BB fans didn't have that much allegiance for Rachel. She pulled her image up

a bit her last season... but STILL ??????

Sharonda99:

" I also think it was made pretty obvious who America likes when the studio crowed booed and cheered with each vote last week until they were made to stop. I was sitting there watching the show and thought to myself, "the HGs are going to be able to hear that, it's going to come in through Julie's mic". And sure enough, some of the HGs did hear the boos or cheers, so it was made obvious then that Elissa was a favorite. "

hmm... I remember thinking.. that when the audience was reacting to the votes - that it was strange they seemed to be on Ellisa's side.

Was the audience handpicked from Rachel's friends ?

I was under the impression that most BB fans didn't have that much allegiance for Rachel. She pulled her image up

a bit her last season... but STILL ??????

I think people favored her because she was the underdog for that week (and this week as well).

LOL

Amen

Hey Hawknose.... Just wanted to tell you that you're not the only who gets disillusioned when they 1st get

the Live Feeds after just watching the actual show for a few seasons.

Veteran Live Feeders are sooo used to the workings of the teams / producers behind the walls and the game ...

that we just keep watching and Bitching :frusty: here at Morty's and other reality sites.

It's our Summer Guilty Pleasure and I'm hoping you hang in there and become one of us ^_^

Hey Hawknose.... Just wanted to tell you that you're not the only who gets disillusioned when they 1st get

the Live Feeds after just watching the actual show for a few seasons.

Veteran Live Feeders are sooo used to the workings of the teams / producers behind the walls and the game ...

that we just keep watching and Bitching :frusty: here at Morty's and other reality sites.

It's our Summer Guilty Pleasure and I'm hoping you hang in there and become one of us ^_^

So true, you get use to it after a while,

There were a lot of other factors in the book 1984 that can't be used in this more simple version of the concept.

The movie always leaves a lot of the book on the page eh?

You are sounding like Spencer. :D

I am aware that Hitler was considered a masterly manipulating speaker; I have heard that and I have heard his speeches and did not think he was. Someone said that Spencer also said some more praising words about him. If so, I would not agree. So I take issue with your saying that even as I note the emoticon laughing. I am only saying that I do not want to be thought a person who in any way admires or vaunts Hitler and the Nazi regime and its goals and notions of what constitutes the best for humanity.

LOL

I would not like to believe what I am proposing, however, I have seen too much greed operating to destroy our country in order to shore up the fortunes of those who are in power and have way more than any sane person would think necessary to have unless they were a megalomaniac with an emphasis on maniac to discount the possibility of what I have suggested. The fact that our CIA sells arms to destabilize countries and buys drugs with them to undermine the people in the ghettoes of our country is evil enough and racist enough to convince me that there is no horror that those who are in power are not capable of.

I love that everyone here has their own reason for watching and that we can bang heads here about how we see the interactions of these strangers. I hope that Hawknose will find a new premise since his loss of innocence about how this show is managed. I rather think it will make him stronger in his life, and the fact that he got there through something as intangible to him as this show...is an easy life lesson compared to having it happen with a friend, business or life partner.

yQ0nino.jpg

This along with many similar comments have been repeated 100s and 100s of times each season since season one. Its old and repetitive, it like listening to a smoker tell you every year for 15 years "I am quiting smoking, and I mean it for real, its different this time, this time I am 10,000% serious, not like in the past where I was quit for a week, and started up again!""

I'm just wondering: would CBS want to put themselves on the line to create a totally racist/homophobic/sexist atmosphere? I doubt they want to be sued. Just saying. I'm not saying they are or aren't because it might be hard to prove if so, but Julie did look pretty mad the other night when she made the dig at Aaryn. All I'm saying is what would be the point of putting themselves at such risk? You may say ratings. Well, apparently from what I've read, BB15 has the lowest ratings and lowest number of viewers of all seasons. Is it because of this? It could very well be.

While production may be heavy handed and perhaps influenced some house guests perceptions based on questions asked, I can't imagine aaryn's disgusting behavior was scripted by them soooo....

I agree but from the look on her face, GM clearly has a notion that she is creating notable TV but I do not think that is being asked of her by CBS

HawkNose

Seeing as this is your first Live Feed experience .... Here was the Biggest single revelation for me, that may help ya out and that is BB is actual 2 shows every year ... You have us Obsessed people who watch the Feeds a lot and the TV show and we smirk cause we really know what's happening ... The Second Version of BB is for the people that just watch the TV Show, like my Sister, she doesn't want to know who got nominated before the show starts and thats Cool ... So I just call us Live Feeder's more Hardcore BBer's and those just watching the TV Show, as if ther're watching the BB Lite version .. either way is Cool because it's all about the level of entertainment experience that you want.

One last thing since Season One , when the Voting for Eddie as the winner, the show has always been manipulated, in some shape form or fashion. Thats why you hear so many Folks on the Boards complain about NO... DON'T BRING BACK previous HG's cause most certainly they go back and watch there Season and see how much they where manipulated by both other HG's and the DR ... and will surely stay away from that manipulation if they return on the show again, as much as they can

Hope this Helps your viewing experience HawkNose

Guest 6Borders

Production manipulation is the biggest reason I don't like bring-backs (returning HG's) or bringing in ringers (like Elissa because she's Rachel's sister) combined with stupid powers like the MVP (that nobody is going to get while Elisa is in the house). Grodner invests a lot of extra money in these people and she needs them to stick around. It also makes the season way too predictable (we know Elissa is going to be MVP and we know Elissa is NOT going to be voted out). No matter what chaos ensues in the house or confusion is created (by the combo of the HG'sd and the DR) that they are flip flopping the votes, we all know the ultimate outcome.

We have 600 acres of ranch land with 270 head of cattle and 15 horses and you will find less BS, CS & HS (that's Bull, Cow and Horse for city folks...lol) on that land than you will find in the Grodner Camp and the DR when Grodner/CBS deny that they interfere with the game!

Big Brother manipulates the game but they have to do it very carefully to not let others know that they are doing it in a way that controls the outcome of the game. some reality programs even say that some things are edited and decisions are made by producers for entertainment value but none of those decisions impact the game itself. I think BB does a pretty good job of manipulating the game without being too obvious. I do wonder if grodner is not the one really picking the MVP every week and making it look like America voted it. I think I don't mind manipulations somewhat but it bothers me when I see it being way too obvious. If it gets too obvious though that impacts the actual results of the game I am sure an FCC complaint will be made and it will be public so the FCC and CBS cannot hide it under the rug.