Howard - Week 3

I just want to know how the producers of the show are not stopping this from continuing. It is a hostile environment and no one should have to endure what is going on there. There is a difference between ignorance and mean!

I can not tolerate any form of racism. And I truly do believe Aaryn has a few racist bones in her body.

BUT... I have to say something. Aaryn is getting all this bad press and ppl are saying she should be thrown out of the house for her comments, etc etc etc.

YET, during Season 8 people totally loved Dick for being a bully and basically using mental torture on the women in the house. IMO, that was also a hositle environment and I did not support his game play. But for some reason ppl championed him.

I get that every person has their own "line in the sand". I guess my line starts with any type of bullying.

Of course, Dick's behavior was "game play" (even tho I do believe he's probably a bully in his real life too) and Aaryn is just one of those people we have seen on Big Brother over and over again that I can't stand.

You know the type... the "i can do and say anything and it's completely fine, but if you should do anything against me, well, then you are disgusting, gross, (insert any other derogatory remark here), etc."

People like that drive me crazy!

In the same sentance she calls the women she doesn't like "bitches" and "vaginas", yet they are the disgusting ones.

"Hello, kettle? This is Aaryn. You're black."

NOW, about Howard.

I like him.

I love the fact that he is playing the game. Even using a little deceit. (referring to the fact that him and Spencer came up with the idea of causing some tension by splitting their vote).

And before someone brings up the fact that he's Christian and he's lying. I say, "SO WHAT?"

Do you think Christians don't play poker from time to time? And if I'm not mistaken, bluffing is a big part of Poker? And couldn't that be considering "lying"?

IMO, that is what Big Brother is. One big poker game. You play with people you like but you are still trying to take their money, and you bluff your way through the game.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did he say that got you proud of him?

Last night our little Aryan Nation was at it again and flipped Candice mattress over when she was out the room! Well Candice was mad no she was livid and Gina jump in and they started yelling! Howard came in and swoop her up to her to HNR and was calming her down and really he was pulling my heart strings! He is in hunk status again!

I thought his vote bought him a ticket on a sinking ship.But I think he survives this week.

No McRae confess to Andy and Amanda about the moving company! It's only a matter of time before he tells Helen!

Don't worry Howard ill be here for ya! Going back and forth over that fence takes a toll on a person's arms!

Last night our little Aryan Nation was at it again and flipped Candice mattress over when she was out the room! Well Candice was mad no she was livid and Gina jump in and they started yelling! Howard came in and swoop her up to her to HNR and was calming her down and really he was pulling my heart strings! He is in hunk status again!

So why did Candice not throw Aryan's clothes on the floor ?:D This shows BB is a lot of put on. :D

I like Howard, even if he is lying about voting for Elissa right now. But I can see why he and Spencer split their vote, it's strategy so that it wouldn't be obvious they flipped completely to Elissa's side this week. They just should have picked a better person than Jessie to blame Nick's vote on.

I don't think Howard is in jeopardy of going anywhere, even if Helen and Candice figure out the truth. Candice obviously likes Howard so she's going to have his back, and I think even Helen would be able to understand in the end that Howard and Spencer had to play it safe. Regardless, Nick got 7 votes, they didn't even need Howard's in the end.

I commented on this elsewhere (on Candice's thread) explaining more of the dynamics of his way of acting there. He was right to carry her out in that moment. However, he has been a coward in the face of the comments that he could have rightfully said something about. I am not afraid to LOUDLY refuse to accept racial comments. I was standing in line at a hardware store when the man in front of me said something about how one could not get good service from the other cashier because she was a N... and the Bible shows the inferiority of those people. He said it loud enough that others heard it, but not so loud that it was broadcast. I responded and broadcasted that his use of the Bible to back up his racism was repulsive and ignorant and that i was embarrassed that he thought he could say such a thing to me as though I would agree with him just because I have blue eyes. I reminded him that we are of one human race but that he was, because of his mindset, a disgrace to thinking humans everywhere. O yea I was loud and clear. What a thing to have to do. No one who overheard him had any doubt that what he said was unacceptable and the mutterings of an inferior mind. I have been in a situation where I have to defend a person on other occassions. I do not like to do it. I have even been hurt doing it; however, I know that when some things happen in our vicinity, we are called by spirit and conscience to act and not allow bullying, harm, pejorative to go unopposed.

I commented on this elsewhere (on Candice's thread) explaining more of the dynamics of his way of acting there. He was right to carry her out in that moment. However, he has been a coward in the face of the comments that he could have rightfully said something about. I am not afraid to LOUDLY refuse to accept racial comments. I was standing in line at a hardware store when the man in front of me said something about how one could not get good service from the other cashier because she was a N... and the Bible shows the inferiority of those people. He said it loud enough that others heard it, but not so loud that it was broadcast. I responded and broadcasted that his use of the Bible to back up his racism was repulsive and ignorant and that i was embarrassed that he thought he could say such a thing to me as though I would agree with him just because I have blue eyes. I reminded him that we are of one human race but that he was, because of his mindset, a disgrace to thinking humans everywhere. O yea I was loud and clear. What a thing to have to do. No one who overheard him had any doubt that what he said was unacceptable and the mutterings of an inferior mind. I have been in a situation where I have to defend a person on other occassions. I do not like to do it. I have even been hurt doing it; however, I know that when some things happen in our vicinity, we are called by spirit and conscience to act and not allow bullying, harm, pejorative to go unopposed.

I am the same way! I hate seeing it in any way, shape or form. Totally bothers me.

As for how Howard has responded, perhaps it is the way he was brought up to respond. And like he said, he can't control his temper, so it's better for him to try and ignore, remain passive, rather than making a huge problem even larger.

Perhaps that's why he was crying in the Have Not room and reported to be so mad that he was "visibly shaking" (I believe Spencer said that), because he realizes that he shouldn't let these comments ride, that he should be saying something about it. Because he's letting his desire to win this game overrule his ability to speak out for himself, Candice, Helen and Andy.

Or it could be as he said, that if he let himself go there, to get mad and lash out, that it would be bad. Maybe he felt that he would be no better than the people who are trying to bring him down. Sometimes it is better to walk away from something like that than to stoop to someone's level. A person like Aaryn doesn't need Howard to call her out, she's doing an excellent job of showing exactly who she is. When she gets out of the game, everyone is going to know she was the racist on Big Brother. She's already done herself in and Howard didn't have to say a word.

Perhaps that's why he was crying in the Have Not room and reported to be so mad that he was "visibly shaking" (I believe Spencer said that), because he realizes that he shouldn't let these comments ride, that he should be saying something about it. Because he's letting his desire to win this game overrule his ability to speak out for himself, Candice, Helen and Andy.

Or it could be as he said, that if he let himself go there, to get mad and lash out, that it would be bad. Maybe he felt that he would be no better than the people who are trying to bring him down. Sometimes it is better to walk away from something like that than to stoop to someone's level. A person like Aaryn doesn't need Howard to call her out, she's doing an excellent job of showing exactly who she is. When she gets out of the game, everyone is going to know she was the racist on Big Brother. She's already done herself in and Howard didn't have to say a word.

Exactly!

Honestly, even without him defending himself, he is the bigger person IMO

So why did Candice not throw Aryan's clothes on the floor ?:D This shows BB is a lot of put on. :D

Well candi gave them a warning that if they flip her bed again she was going all evel duck on there a**. That's when aryan pretending to act like a black girl popping her head saying what'cha going to do about it. And it went from there!

Yeah! I think when Candice broke down and cried it got to him! You can only see that on the live feeds. It looks like she was trying to fight it but she broke down a couple of times

Well candi gave them a warning that if they flip her bed again she was going all evel duck on there a**. That's when aryan pretending to act like a black girl popping her head saying what'cha going to do about it. And it went from there!

I looked at the tape and she said whatch gonna do girl,class girl. Candice could have thrown her clothes on the floor and said something like girl you are All hat and no cattle in a redneck voice.

IMO GinaMaire the bimbo when she got in Candice's face was much more confrontational.

I looked at the tape and she said whatch gonna do girl,class girl. Candice could have thrown her clothes on the floor and said something like girl you are All hat and no cattle in a redneck voice.

IMO GinaMaire the bimbo when she got in Candice's face was much more confrontational.

I agree. aaryan kept her mean-spirited distance. GinaMarie got in her space. They should remove GInaMarie from the house.

He is so not a coward in not responding...he told Candice that as a black man he could not confront 3 white women...and I get that...he is so conflicted by that...I am so sad at what I witnessed last night...I don't know what BB can do...only physical assault on a hg sends player out...bullying is part of the game..hateful as it is..but AG has to do something with these racist mean hateful girls..waiting for Helen's noms..hope its Aaryn and Gm

True! I think it would have been over with if GM Didn't get in her face!

He said he and Candice are getting closure and he wants to be the one to tell her about his betrayal in voting! He doesn't want to disappoint her. Aww! That is so cute!!!!! CANDI STAY AWAY FROM MY MAN!!!

I don't want him to leave :(

I don't see him leaving any time soon, but I also do think he has a chance of making it to the final two. Good chance he'll be on the jury.