Amanda - Week 3

I like and dislike Amanda all at the same time. She is strong, intelligent and not afraid to speak her mind. I dislike her because she pushes too hard. I like gameplay that is a little bit more subtle and manipulative in convincing others to do their bidding. Her pushiness comes off as slightly bullyish. Jeremy made the same mistake on trying to force others to do his bidding and was seen as a bully when it wasn't even his HOH. He didn't get the input from his team and only thought of himself. She is doing the same thing by trying to take all the power of HOH and MVP. She should have simply relaxed this week and built alliances while forcing others to get the blood on their hands.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I like Amanda but when I was watching her try to force Elissa into putting up Howard and then blow up at her when she didn't, I was thinking "whoa there, you really need to back off and learn to pick your battles."

Although I like amanda's strategizing, I do not like her controlling ways. She really believed that she had a right to aim Elyssa as though E was an object, a gun, not a person. She has a different sense of entitlement that we are seeing here. It is some delusional idea that she owns people. I liked that she wanted to get Aryan to stop, I was amused at her naivete' thinking that Aryan would listen...to her ...she does not realize scratch a racist against Asians and Af Ams and you will find a racist against Jews, and depending on the background against other country origins as well. She is so naive she actually thinks that people are no longer racist.

Ok did she just tell Jeremy there were bigger threats in this house and to campaign hard! So is this means she and McRae are going to vote to keep Jeremy????

Can't wait to see if Judd shares this conversation .

2:04AM BBT: Amanda asked Helen if Elissa won HoH and MVP would she nominate Howard Helen said Elissa does not trust Howard anymore. Judd said if Kaitlin does not use PoV he is going to vote out Aaryn, Amanda and McCrae thinks they should vote out Spencer or Kaitlin Judd went very quiet.

Can't wait to see if Judd shares this conversation .

2:04AM BBT: Amanda asked Helen if Elissa won HoH and MVP would she nominate Howard Helen said Elissa does not trust Howard anymore. Judd said if Kaitlin does not use PoV he is going to vote out Aaryn, Amanda and McCrae thinks they should vote out Spencer or Kaitlin Judd went very quiet.

Yes! I notice that! I hope he does!

Amanda is trying to control the house and is working on all sides of the house. I think her strategy in the house is to act like she is with everyone in order to keep her safe. She talks to Aaryn, Kaitlin, and Gina Marie, that way if one of them wins HOH they won't put her up. She talks to Helen, Elissa, Andy and the others so if they win they won't put her up. Frankly this strategy this early in the game is a smart one. The only problem I see is that some people will eventually figure it all out and that will be the end of her game right there. She needs to be careful. I for one would like to see her stick around for a while because she seems like a nice person. But she needs to try to lay low as well.

Amanda is trying to control the house and is working on all sides of the house. I think her strategy in the house is to act like she is with everyone in order to keep her safe. She talks to Aaryn, Kaitlin, and Gina Marie, that way if one of them wins HOH they won't put her up. She talks to Helen, Elissa, Andy and the others so if they win they won't put her up. Frankly this strategy this early in the game is a smart one. The only problem I see is that some people will eventually figure it all out and that will be the end of her game right there. She needs to be careful. I for one would like to see her stick around for a while because she seems like a nice person. But she needs to try to lay low as well.

Is Amanda nice? well she was when she tried to get Aryan to see that her comments appeared racist. Is she controlling? you betcha. Is she naive? in many ways yes. Is she a manipulator? for sure. Is she social? absolutely She is very much herself here and I suspect she behaves a lot like she does in real life with these people whom she hardly knows. That would be her downfall except that she is fairly sure of herself so she projects a friendly persona. She has not really succeeded since she is definitely on Helen's radar however. She will do badly when it is an all woman house because she has a rather male analytical skill which Helen will want to get rid of so that her own rather male political background can succeed along with her female means of overlaying that strategy from the politic side of the world that she has swum in. Helen is a force to be reckoned with. So is Elyssa.

I don't think Amanda is using McCrae I think she really likes him and I think she wants to be in the final two with him. I just think her strategy of playing all sides of the house is pretty smart. I think she can be a target later if people start figuring it out especially if she votes a way one side doesn't want her to.

A family member - can't remember which one - says that amanda grew up being called jew and is far from being mean and hateful to anyone. They also said that she had a gay roommate when she lived in manhattan. Maybe it was kathy whats-her-face. Dunno.