Hats off to BB producers this week

Cyn

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just saying people are glued to the feeds and drooling every time someone says anything that they might think is a little offesive and the can't type fast enough to tell everyone. They are only watching the feeds to find the next racist comment to report and I see it on the internet. They are saying over and over they can't wait for Arryn or whoever to get out of the house to find their lives and jobs destroyed. It makes them happy.

The racist comments are shocking and therefore news, but I agree there is a sort of visceral nastiness in wanting these people to lose jobs and have their lives damaged. I know that Aryan will not suffer bc there are those who are of her milieu who will approve of her comments and will keep her in their fold. On the other hand, GM is coming at this from a different energy. I am surprised that people can not see that. I do not want to see her lose her job...but then she might be able to get another one as a stand up comedian saying things we can laugh at when in the context of humor because that is how I see her coming at the situation.

The racist comments are shocking and therefore news, but I agree there is a sort of visceral nastiness in wanting these people to lose jobs and have their lives damaged. I know that Aryan will not suffer bc there are those who are of her milieu who will approve of her comments and will keep her in their fold. On the other hand, GM is coming at this from a different energy. I am surprised that people can not see that. I do not want to see her lose her job...but then she might be able to get another one as a stand up comedian saying things we can laugh at when in the context of humor because that is how I see her coming at the situation.

I'm not of her "millieu" but I will say what is good for the goose is good for the gander and there are thousands before her who should lose their jobs if she does.

I imagine most people will think twice about what they say on reality shows in the future. Heck, I'm not even sure that what you say on TV should be accounted for in your personal life.

I keep reading comments about "them watching their backs when they get out." Why? Would that satisfy people if they are harmed in some way? I have to agree with Marty on this one.

One thing I don't want CBS or the producer to do is to put a stop to it. If HGs are racist let them be that way, and get evicted because of it. If CBS says "You can't make racist or homophobic comments", then it simply helps the racists a-holes because they are forced to suppress personality traits that would get them evicted sooner. A rule against racist behavior doesn't help those in the house who are decent because they don't need such a rule, it only helps the HG jerks becaus there would a be racist rule that requires them to be be less of a jerk than they would be otherwise.

I'm not of her "millieu" but I will say what is good for the goose is good for the gander and there are thousands before her who should lose their jobs if she does.

I imagine most people will think twice about what they say on reality shows in the future. Heck, I'm not even sure that what you say on TV should be accounted for in your personal life.

I keep reading comments about "them watching their backs when they get out." Why? Would that satisfy people if they are harmed in some way? I have to agree with Marty on this one.

I also agreed with Marty about the attitude of those reporting the comments and how they react to the idea of someone being harmed in their lives, I only had an added slant. If GM has not said anything like this in front of her clients in the pageant, I do not think it is cause to dismiss her. I do like the concept of free speech. However, I might not hire her esp if I thought she was like Aryan in hating; however, if she has performed well and kept that stuff to herself, then firing her is only a way to ameliorate a pc pov. However in the world of the pageants, pc and surface things are more important even than were she a checker in a food market. So I can see why she would get fired. As for the common aspect of people saying such things...that only underlines the reality that racism is still rife even if not pc. The ultimate test is how would you react if your kid married outside of your visual genetics or how would you react if your kid were gay?

Guest 6Borders

I'm very glad CBS aired it on the show and I'm glad Julie addressed it on The Talk!

Personally it all offended me because I just was not raised that way and when I was 22 maybe a few people still talked that way but not many (I'm over 40+ and Caucasian). I have friends of all races, religions and backgrounds, have friends who are bi-racial couples, friends who are gay, bi or have no preference and none of us even see it or care. The reason we are friends is we have things in common (animal rescue, villaging, crafts, cooking, surfing...whatever) and when we get together it's because the biggest thing we have in common is "I like people who like me" (not to mention everyone does like my cooking...pats self on back {lol})

We have a rule at our house: when you walk in the door you leave the baggage on the doorstep, come in and have a good time. If you don't like someone who is my guest you can either be gracious or you can leave but don't ask me, when you are invited, who is coming or give me any "I won't come if they do" crap! If you stay at my house overnight or for a few days I will do everything I can to accommodate you and keep my dogs behaved, my house is clean and you will not have dog hair in your appetizers or breakfast cereal, but I will not lock my dogs in the garage for you.

Guest 6Borders

6Borders... have you ever attempted a 'Big Brother House Village' ?

On second thought you wouldn't have enough time to do it... it would cut into your BB time and LFU time :laugh4:

That's actually been on the burner for years and I have a lot of figurines I could use as HG's but I always hear "6Borders...STOP THAT". My other village project has been the Morty Group in front of several screens doing TFU's and LFU's... :lol2:

I still do not think the "go make some rice" comment was as bad as Gina Marie's N_ _ _ _ R Insurance comment. That was way worse than saying queer, imitating her nail salon people, slant eyes, or what ever other horrid thing that came out of Aaryn's filthy mouth. I just do not get what part of every word and every move is being recorded and seen by many online and on national TV these people did not get. I cannot wait until she meets Julie on the couch. I hope they show the montage to her while she is right there in front of Julie. Would be classic ! ! ! !
I also agree with Marty about them being so negatively affected in their real lives. Don't think any harm should come to them. Maybe they will just realize that the comments are offensive and that just because you hear them in a standup routine, doesn't make them funny or appropriate.

Don't you people have anything else to talk about? Who cares what some little twirp on tv says...Everyone is way to god damn pc these days...If a tv show hurts your feelings, just turn the channel or turn the tv off...

I relate it to going to see a movie... and when the bad guy gets caught in the end... everyone cheers.

Like in a past BB... "You reap what you sow"

yep, most are waiting for Miss KKK to walk out the BB house to sit next to Julie Chen, and have have Julie run a short clip of Aaryn's comment about Asian's, and see what that bimbo has to say.

Don't you people have anything else to talk about? Who cares what some little twirp on tv says...Everyone is way to god damn pc these days...If a tv show hurts your feelings, just turn the channel or turn the tv off...

:popcorn: Well you took the words right out of my mouth.

:popcorn: Well you took the words right out of my mouth.

Well, I guess the same could be said for this forum, eh? I am probably going to talk about what I wish to talk about and others can do the same as far as I know.

I am probably going to be as PC as I wish to be, as well. PC is a personal thing. My PC might not be the same as your PC but that's what it's all about.

Well, I guess the same could be said for this forum, eh? I am probably going to talk about what I wish to talk about and others can do the same as far as I know.

I am probably going to be as PC as I wish to be, as well. PC is a personal thing. My PC might not be the same as your PC but that's what it's all about.

PC stands for Pretty Cruz.... doncha know. :free_heart_icon_by_sonic_lover9

I like that CBS exposed Aryan and I hope they expose the others. As for them losing their jobs, there are consequences for their horrendous words. I've owned a couple of businesses and if one of my employees got on a tv show and said those things, I'd fire them in a heartbeat. I wouldn't want them associated with my business, hurting my livelihood. I would think that most business owners would feel the same.

Don't respect them too much it is still going on and the people doing it Jeremy, Aaryan, GinaMarie, Spencer keep going last night or yesterday we had the black fish, white fish conversation with Aaryan and GM and how black fish swim on the bottom and GM yah like riding the back of the bus. Jeremy talking about the Brenchel faggots. It just goes on and on and CBS is giving these people the opportunity to win 500,000 dollars. I think first day of the rice, can't see her in the dark, comments Aaryn and GM at least should have been pulled and the other house guests told why. How can CBS justify leaving these people spewing their garbage on live feeds and it being posted online when Paula Deen has been stripped of an empire and a country is riveted over a race trial in FLorida.

Showing it on tv what did it cost just got them higher ratings everyone wanted to hear it and their ratings had slipped badly. But that show got higher ratings. Dont ever forget they are in the business of making money. Thats all its about otherwise how would the Pres Moonvies allow his wife to continue having to suffer the embarassment of dealing with individuals who daily insult her ethnicity. Ratings my friends just ratings.

If you think nigger is worse than chink as a pejorative, you are a victim of some slanting of concern around history. Af Ams were brought here as slaves, Asians were brought as workers only in name different from being slaves. Racism is a term that is in essence inaccurate since we are one human race. When we hate a group whether a cultural, religious, or visually different group we are enacting a prejudice based on clumping people together and thinking they are all alike in some regard that is considered negative. Any notion that people are in some way deficient due to the amount of melanin in their skin is a mistake. My mother thought that Af Ams were newer to being human than the rest of us. She was anthropologically incorrect. Humanity evolved from a creature that makes us one chromosome different from the chimpanzee. We did that in unison and we, as a race, were down to fifty women who are our great grandma Eve from whom we all are descended. We know that inbreeding causes genetic deficiencies, so we must have been careful about how we mated as the offspring of such a small initial maternal gene pool. Every culture has, whatever its positives and negatives, managed to survive so it has good things we as a human race can glean and learn from. We can eliminate those things that are unfair within a culture even as we work on doing the same with our own.

I think it's pretty much a guarantee that this will be the last season we hear any real bigotry on the feeds. Every future HG will know and continue to talk about what happened to these HG's for seasons to come, if the show even continues.

Season 15 will always be marked as the season of racism.

I think it's pretty much a guarantee that this will be the last season we hear any real racism on the feeds. Every future HG will know and continue to talk about what happened to these HG's for seasons to come, if the show even continues.

Also amazing is that Aaryn more than the rest will become a BB "legend". No one will forget her for all the wrong reasons.

Guest 6Borders

yep, most are waiting for Miss KKK to walk out the BB house to sit next to Julie Chen, and have have Julie run a short clip of Aaryn's comment about Asian's, and see what that bimbo has to say.

Not going to happen I predict. Julie will be professional, the way she always is, and keep it short and generic!

Something to think about...........Where do you draw the line in this Polictically correct world we live in???? Paula Dean loses everything for something she said 30 years ago. We have Alex Baldwin go on a homophobic twitter rage but yet he has lost nothing. Why is this ok for him not to suffer consequences for his remarks that were said recently and Paula Dean to lose everything for something she said 30 years ago? This edition of big brother is being talked about all over the place. It's not going away. The saddest part is that when Amanda confronted Aaryn about watching what she is saying she didn't get it. and blamed everyone else and tried to say people where judging her for her blonde hair and blue eyes??????? I don't think she will ever get it even when she gets out of the house.

Janis: " The saddest part is that when Amanda confronted Aaryn about watching what she is saying she didn't get it. and blamed everyone else and tried to say people where judging her for her blonde hair and blue eyes??????? "

hmm... and here Aaron thought everyone was going to fall all over themselves for her... BECAUSE

of her beautiful blonde hair and pretty blue eyes.... geeez, NOT get upset with her about what comes out of her mouth hole

(that's in the middle of her head that just happens to have beautiful blonde hair and pretty blue eyes).

:naughty:

Not going to happen I predict. Julie will be professional, the way she always is, and keep it short and generic!

Possible that Chen won't push the issue, but she has in the past addressed evicted HGs for their controversal behavior and ask them to explain themselves. Chen is unlikely to make it personal.