Hats off to BB producers this week

Cyn

Well, should'a known BB was gonna do something, I mean she was making fun & being racist about Helen being Asian......Not a good thing to do when Julie Chen is the host of the show and her husband is a head honcho at CBS......I was kind'a hoping that they would'a booted her off the show, right along with her racist friends!!!!!

I hope when Aryan Aaryn is evicted that Julie shows Miss KKK 2013 several clips of her mocking Asians and ask "Do you realize that millions of Asian Americans, including myself, were watching you mock us. Can you explain why you feel racist behavior is OK?

They should not boot her because its best that racist HGs be allowed to deep themselves a huge hole that takes them a lifetime to redeem themselves. She's already been fired from her job, but the more racist things she says, will only come back to burn her ass when she is evicted from of the house. Imagine her waking down the street and people recognizing her as the racist bitch who was on BB. Every time she encounters Asians, she'll be reminded of her cruel behavior. As semi-famous person, she'll be faced when never ending recognition as "That racist bitch that was on Big Brother" Not something anyone would be proud of.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Every season they include Ass-holes and bitches, that is nothing new, and none of them have ever won in 15 seasons. Such jerks are added to create drama because their real lives are filled with drama. If the house was filled with decent people like Helen, they all would spend the summer being nice to each other and it would be boring to watch. They would all be best friends forced to evict one person at a time, much like musical chairs; nobody would be the bad guys.

^^ Every season they include Ass-holes and bitches, that is nothing new, and none of them have ever won in 15 seasons. Such jerks are added to create drama because their real lives are filled with drama. If the house was filled with decent people like Helen, they all would spend the summer being nice to each other and it would be boring to watch. They would all be best friends forced to evict one person at a time, much like musical chairs; nobody would be the bad guys.

That's true about the assholes and bitches but this year it's a bunch of racist assholes and bitches and that's a different story.

They could have cut the feeds, go to the fishes and explain to these people how they were hanging themselves, but they didn't. They made it continue, so shame on them.

I am going to politely disagree about the producers warning the HGs about their racist behavior because it gives an advantage to the racists HG. Warning them strongly suggests to racists HGs that they need to hide their true feelings, and they need to act nice and and hold back their comments. This is not fair to other HGs who do are not racists and have not offended anyone. If they cut the feeds whenever Aaryn and other jerks made racist remarks, the audience would never know about it, and we might perceive her as being much nicer because the producers are always cutting the feeds to protect her from being seen doing\saying racist things. The decent HGs would know the truth, but the producers wouldn't protect them from responding to the (hidden) racist statements. We might resent the decent HGs much more because their real behavior is unedited and not protected by the producers. Its like only seeing the second punch in a fight, it looks like the person throwing the second punch is the jerk because you didn't see the he was cold clocked by the first person.

My husband, who couldn't care less about reality shows like Big Brother, had even heard about this, so the coverage about this was everywhere. It was kind of crazy, bc I don't recall this kind of crap going on in seasons past, even when I watched the feeds. I was also shocked that BB decided to air the remarks and cover them, but I was kind of hoping that Aaryn would have been called out by Howard or Candice or even Helen about some of the things she's said. Or was she? I don't have the feeds and I haven't been reading up on the site every day.

Wow!!! This whole cast sucks except for only a few

Didn't Jeremy make one by the pool that day Amanda came outside to talk to the group while Helen was crying in the kitchen? I can't remember what he said, but I remember it had something to do with Hispanic people and I remember thinking, wow, okay, that was uncalled for.

Ahem, remember Adam.....

Ahem, remember Adam.....

Not at the moment (or vaguely remember he might have won that mid season version of BB). I think its safe to conclude that no winner has 100% of the audience behind them, and there will at least 10% who truly hates every winner. The goal of the producers is to get popular player to the end. I will concede that even shows like Survivor have had a couple of seasons that were busted and the producers failed in casting\producing the season in such a manner that a popular player makes it to the end.

I am going to politely disagree about the producers warning the HGs about their racist behavior because it gives an advantage to the racists HG. Warning them strongly suggests to racists HGs that they need to hide their true feelings, and they need to act nice and and hold back their comments. This is not fair to other HGs who do are not racists and have not offended anyone. If they cut the feeds whenever Aaryn and other jerks made racist remarks, the audience would never know about it, and we might perceive her as being much nicer because the producers are always cutting the feeds to protect her from being seen doing\saying racist things. The decent HGs would know the truth, but the producers wouldn't protect them from responding to the (hidden) racist statements. We might resent the decent HGs much more because their real behavior is unedited and not protected by the producers. Its like only seeing the second punch in a fight, it looks like the person throwing the second punch is the jerk because you didn't see the he was cold clocked by the first person.

For years, I've been reading about "handlers" on this board. Supposedly, they advise the HG on what to say and what not to say. So, where are they now.

Hiding true feelings? I get confused, because sometimes opinions are that the HGs are acting and other times,it's the "true" them. I don't know what to believe but either way, I will say that by addressing it on the View and having the long discussions about the comments on the show, CBS took a stance and let the viewers know that it's okay to say a lot of bad things as long as they are not directed toward Asians and blacks.

For years, I've been reading about "handlers" on this board. Supposedly, they advise the HG on what to say and what not to say. So, where are they now.

Hiding true feelings? I get confused, because sometimes opinions are that the HGs are acting and other times,it's the "true" them. I don't know what to believe but either way, I will say that by addressing it on the View and having the long discussions about the comments on the show, CBS took a stance and let the viewers know that it's okay to say a lot of bad things as long as they are not directed toward Asians and blacks.

Ginger, I think your referring to "The Talk" with Julie Chen.

The handler's job is not to advise them on what to do or say, they aren't BB strategy consultants. A handler is a contact person that can provide very limited amount of assistance when the HG has question about the rules, needs something, or when the show producers need to inform HG of something. The handler would likely be the person to warn a HG in the DR when a rule has been broken. So far, saying or doing racist things is not against the rules (maybe they will change that, but I hope not), so there is no reason for a handler to even bring up the subject of racist behavior. It would be totally unfair to have individual handlers provide advice on how to play BB because handlers know what we know (even more than we know), so they could provide insider advice based on what other HGs are secretly planning\said\done.

I think the producers are due some props for showing clips and addressing the inappropriate remarks made by some

of the HGs on Sunday's show.

The ladies on "The Talk" show also chimed in with their comments and opinions. I, for ONE, am glad the issue was not

swept under the rug.

Viewers of the show who do not get the live feeds were shown behavior that's not displayed during live taping.

Those viewers will be able to understand more of the dynamics of why some HGs act or vote in certain ways toward

others in the house.

I myself am floored that some of these HGs are sooo loose lipped... AND with cameras and mics everywhere :cookoo:

The handler's job is not to advise them on what to do or say, they aren't BB strategy consultants. A handler is a contact person that can provide very limited amount of assistance when the HG has question about the rules, needs something, or when the show producers need to inform HG of something. The handler would likely be the person to warn a HG in the DR when a rule has been broken. So far, saying or doing racist things is not against the rules (maybe they will change that, but I hope not), so there is no reason for a handler to even bring up the subject of racist behavior. It would be totally unfair to have individual handlers provide advice on how to play BB because handlers know what we know (even more than we know), so they could provide insider advice based on what other HGs are secretly planning\said\done.

Thanks for the explanation.

One other thing. Through the years, most of what was said and done was seen on feeds only and then BBAD. I remember how frustrating it would be for most of us when the show wouldn't televise a lot of things because they didn't want the TV viewers to know. They really did a job on these HG the other night. I know they deserve to be outed, but I guess it bothers me about the double standards, since they have always went out of their way to protect their BB chosen ones.

Ginger: "I know they deserve to be outed, but I guess it bothers me about the double standards"

If this particular behavior wasn't addressed,,, we'd bash CBS, Grodner and TPTB.

My thinking is that it wasn't just 'game play or having favs for the viewers to lean toward' type decision made by them.

This was being blabbed all over print and internet outlets.

AND it needed to be addressed.

I think I'm done posting about their involvement in this issue.

I think Julie Chen makes a good point that the racist comments were shown in context of the game, meaning that other players were becoming aware of racist remarks\behavior and objected to it (just like a lot people). The clips weren't show outn of context. There was no racist comments made where Helen is screaming back calling Aaryn names or making threats, and producers did edit the clips just to show Aaryn as a racist bimbo.

Sometimes the producers do edit the show in ways that highlights silly moments and funny character flaws, but never to create an harmful image of someone. I remember when showed Rachel constantly crying in the DR, it was so very funny. (and I think she was hamming it up for the cameras).

I was glad that the network brought out what so many of us were reacting to. When Aryan said go make a bowl of rice, someone said that is rude...and that person was calling out the comment but no one has credited that. the main response seems to be that theHGs are remiss in not calling her comments out. I think people are too shocked in the main to say anything but that at least was said. I was equally offended at the dismissive go make a bowl of rice as at the watch out what you say in the dark because you won't see the bitch and no one would vote for anyone the queer puts up and of course she's rich she's a Jew. All of those remarks are equally offensive to me. If I hear a person make a derogatory remark and they are European, I figure they will go along with the racism toward all the groups. If I hear it from a man, I know he will have negative attitudes toward women as well for sure and from a woman there is a good chance she will engage in self hate toward her sex...and we see that Aryan mainly focuses on women so that probably does run true. She probably does not respect her own sex or herself. That aspect of what is going on was missed by the panel of women. They all got on the band wagon of how this woman was going to be viewed through her life. She has been this way before getting into the house. Everyone in her social circle accepts her with her attitudes because they also have those thoughts. She has not had a reason to change. I had a racist friend whom I did not know was racist until he made some comments and I informed him that he was wrong headed. He and I argued over the reality of whether his pov was true. One day we were holding a yard sale and an Af Am came to it and his young three year old went over and kicked the man calling him dirty. I apologized to the man and turned to my friend and said you see what your attitude has done to your daughter? YOu owe this man an apology and you need to tell your daughter how wrong you are. For me, having him as a friend has been an odd experience. I know that he holds anti feminist and is replete with all the stereotypes about Af ams and Jews even though we have talked about these subjects. He relents and gets to seeing the wrong of his view and then a while later it all comes back. I have come to view his racism the way I would had he bad breath. It is something he has been taught and he can not help it and his family accepts it and probably fomented it from his parents and his wife probably has those attitudes as well since she is fair and blonde and comes from the South. She sort of likes me and sort of puts up with me being friends with him. He calls to talk to me about his problems his bad dreams stuff like that. He has helped me with things he knows about as I have helped him and her with my knowledge. We were neighbors and that is how it started. He knows if he makes a racist remark he is going to get a lecture, so I guess he has learned not to make them in front of me. Some of my Af Am friends have made reverse racist remarks about people who are fair. I call their attitude reverse racism, because I know that they in the main develop that pov from being demeaned for more melanin and they actually think (as a fortifying response) that having more melanin is better. I am glad I have melanin enough not to burn in the sun, but I do not think it is a sign of any superiority,so I don't let them get away with that either. I refuse to be of any race other than human. On the other hand, I can laugh at a good joke that is based on stereotypes and not be offended if it recognizes itself as a joke and is not actually mean spirited. One can make a joke about not being able to see a dark person in the dark without calling them a bitch. Aryan makes her comments from a view that she is superior because she is Aryan and not of these other groups. That is what damns her.

'

I was appreciative that CBS showed viewers who do not read Morty's or do not have live feeds what Aaryn is really about. I hope they continue on this path with Gina Marie and Spencer. Hmmmmmm

I was appreciative that CBS showed viewers who do not read Morty's or do not have live feeds what Aaryn is really about. I hope they continue on this path with Gina Marie and Spencer. Hmmmmmm

Why do you like that?

Why so you like that?

Why do I like what? That CBS showed TV viewers how Aaryn is acting? My son doesnt read Morty's or have live feeds and he goes by what is shown on CBS only! I have to give him an update to how the HG are really acting. LOL

I just get the impression that racism makes some people happy and the can't get enough of it.... I am not saying you but all these nuts on the Internet love it. :kenshin2:

Marty: " I just get the impression that racism makes some people happy and the can't get enough of it.... I am not saying you but all these nuts on the Internet love it. "

Marty... where have you seen / read folks on the internet loving the offensive remarks that are being said on BB ?

The only ones I've seen are ones that don't condone them - or - sometimes try to explain where these

remarks germinate and grow for some people.

just wondering

I just get the impression that racism makes some people happy and the can't get enough of it.... I am not saying you but all these nuts on the Internet love it. :kenshin2:

Well I CERTAINLY don't like it and I CERTAINLY don't want Aaryn, GM or Spencer to go on and win the game. I just think everyone who watches the show should get an idea of what the HG are really like away from the camera, especially with the MVP voting twist.

I am just saying people are glued to the feeds and drooling every time someone says anything that they might think is a little offesive and the can't type fast enough to tell everyone. They are only watching the feeds to find the next racist comment to report and I see it on the internet. They are saying over and over they can't wait for Arryn or whoever to get out of the house to find their lives and jobs destroyed. It makes them happy.