HOH Cheating - Week 2

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the video does show them exchanging cups...not pouring. Need to revoke the HOH comp and re-do it w/o aaryn and Jeremy. Come on CBS...the cast is making you look bad...clean your rep by stopping the cheating.

Big Brother Canada handled cheating very well. If they have any integrity they need to have a new HOH comp and expel Jeremy , and Aaryn in the re-do of the HOH, just like BBcanada. I find it amazing that so many competition I've see something like this happen. Allison Grodner had a week when she was finding out David was leaving for a way for Aaryn to be HOH, because it makes "good TV". She and others came up with a great plan that gave her the best odds to be. We have never seen a competition like this , this early on. And are we to believe that these pairs were chosen at "random". LOL how do we know it was random? I find it odd that she is chosen with the tallest person in the house and athletic. They know as do I that tall people do well in this competion. (Zach from BB8)

It is a shame if they keep this cheating in the dark because Alison wants the drama

Definitely cheating. They should pull everyone who did that and have a new HOH comp, but they won't bc I'm sure they got the result they were hoping for with HOH... the one that will cause the most drama this week.

On BB Canada:

The first time was the "Bees Knees" comp and they showed everyone the footage the next day I think. Emmett might have already moved into the HOH.

The second time time he was DQ'd during the comp for helping Jillian verbally (with the toothbrushes). There might have been a third time but I can't remember what happened.

When this cheating scandal started I thought everyone was exaggerating just a little, but this video shows some definitely questionable stuff. Thanks to creativegirl for the post.

EDIT: From what I've been reading other teams did the same thing as well. Oh well.....

I seem to recall them switching the cups (and not pouring from one to another) during the show :animated_scratchchin:

Going to watch the end of last nites show again later.

Still can't imagine someone NOT stopping them and explaining the rules again.

( lol... should have emptied their jug too and make them start from the beginning )

Cheating implies that one person is getting an unfair advantage over another. In this case if other teams are doing the same thing I don't see how that is happening and this is cheating. Julie said that the first person goes to the other end of the hedge and then the second person brings their cup to the other person and fill it. But she never said they couldn't switch cups. I would think BB has enough cameras on the comp. and if there was actual cheating they would have done something. I personally think so many people are up in arms is because they hate Aaryn. I think if Elissa was the one doing this no one would say a thing.

BB plays by its own rules! Clearly Julie said they had to fill the cup! But they are letting it go! It would've make good tv if they had to redo hoh or give it to Elissa and Andy! Watching the mc scramble trying to get out of this!

Guest 6Borders

Julie clearly says "they will pour the sauce into their teammates cup". She does not say they cannot exchange cups and they must pour!

Comp cheating is nothing new on either side. If Grodner wants someone to win or have an advantage her crew will find a way to do it (ie Frank's clovers or whatever they were were right together in his lane) and Frank and Boogie were not only caught cheating but admitting it and BB did nothing about it.

Janelle was going to get voted out hands down on her first season and she was eliminated on a WRONG answer from the HOH comp. Suddenly Howie's buzzer doesn't work so we have a do-over and everyone plays (which was unfair..the do over should have just been those left and should not have included people who got wrong answers) and of course Janelle gets HOH.

I could go on but it's a moot point...Grodner is going to do whatever she wants to get whatever outcome she wants and she is more and more blatant every year about thumbing her nose at the fans and rigging/manipulating (or whatever term you want to use) to get what she wants. The FCC could care less!

" Julie said that the first person goes to the other end of the hedge and then the second person brings their cup to the other person and fill it. "

Julie did NOT say - - OR the first person could hand his partner the full cup and have them hand over their empty cup to go back and fill.

Other HGs were losing some of their liquid when pouring from one to another - plus time was lost while they were carefully doing the pouring.

It was WAY easier and faster to do it the A & J way.... how come the other HGs didn't notice and start doing it that way also ?

(or did any of them ?)

BBs got some explaining to do or there's going to be a lot of backlash from this.

edit: hey 6Borders... was typing this as you posted your post... didn't mean to repeat so much

This is entertainment - FCC has nothing to do with it - I think.

Here is where it gets a little weird. Julie never said you "cannot" switch cups. So, Grodner now has the option to say either "you guys are disqualified for cheating" OR "that's fine, we never said you COULDN'T switch cups"

And this is where it all gets blurry. Stretching the rules is cool, like when the HG's use their hair or clothes to carry extra water or whatever. No one said you couldn't do that, is it really cheating? This is the same type of situation. Julie never said you couldn't switch cups, but she DID say to fill each other's cup.

Who knows. BB Canada was VERY clear when they stated their competition rules, and I applaud them how they handled it despite the criticism from viewers.

She said they were to spill from one cup to the other. So trading cups is cheating. She did not have to say "do not trade cups" she said how to do it. What would not have been cheating and would have given an advantage would have been to overfill and allow the drippings to go into the other hand and pour all of it together into that big jar. Doing that would not have been cheating and would have presented the difficulty of skating on slime with one's hands out instead of using them to balance, so would have engaged more physical skill

hmm as I see it.... part of Comp was having to fill the other person's cup.

Plain and simple...

Julie ALSO DIDN'T say you couldn't take your WHOLE jug and hand it to your partner and they could just take and

dump it in the empty jug on the other side :angel_not:

Plain and simple...

Julie ALSO DIDN'T say you couldn't take your WHOLE jug and hand it to your partner and they could just take and

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Guest 6Borders

Plain and simple...

That's true and I am actually surprised a team who were far behind and knowing they were not going to win anyway didn't try just that!!!!

I think the instructions purposely have some "wiggle room" and if the HG's can figure out a way to shortcut something and get away with it, Grodner would just say that's part of playing the game, or we didn't specify they could not. I really don't think this will be addressed because there has been worse cheating, or "bending the rules" if you will, and nothing was done.

The only time Julie gets REALLY SPECIFIC is if a comp starts to go a really long time and then she will say "you must choose only ONE hand to hold on" or "you cannot change position"...something like that.

Guest 6Borders

I knew for a fact they would not redo the HOH because this is what Grodner wants. They didn't do all that work to make sure she is HOH to give it up for a little cheating

EXACTLY!