Judd - Week 1

CeCiMom

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6Borders

A couple of the HG's were questioning Judd about knowing people from BB (I think it was Aaryn and Jeremy).

They seemed to think Judd had been to the wrap party. Jeremy was questioning him about "who's your brother" like he suspects Judd is related to a past HG. Judd stumbled a bit and then said he didn't have a brother...hmmmmm!!!

Interesting. I just do not believe that they would pick him. Why?

As for the accent.....it isn't the accent so much as it is he doesn't open his mouth enough to form the words. No enunciation. I don't think we have to worry about him ever speaking spanish.

Could he be related to the one who got booted rather early last year? The one who was cousin or brothers with the Survivor contestant? As for the comments about being a dud he is no different than Howard who I like.

A couple of the HG's were questioning Judd about knowing people from BB (I think it was Aaryn and Jeremy).

They seemed to think Judd had been to the wrap party. Jeremy was questioning him about "who's your brother" like he suspects Judd is related to a past HG. Judd stumbled a bit and then said he didn't have a brother...hmmmmm!!!

idk i think bb would have hinted at that already if anyone else was related to a past hg's :animated_bouncy:

Could he be related to the one who got booted rather early last year? The one who was cousin or brothers with the Survivor contestant? As for the comments about being a dud he is no different than Howard who I like.

Now that I think about it, Judd probably appeared to be "stumbling" because he was trying to remember if he had a brother or not.

Once upon a time, long ago, I was manager of a chain clothing store and another employee from a far east Kentucky store came to visit one day. She brought some clothing from the other store and was unpacking and pricing them. At one point, she asked me to get her a "paint hanger." I said, "Excuse me?" as I had no idea what she was talking about. She again said, "I need a paint hanger." I just looked at another lady employee who gave me a blank stare and a shrug. We both looked at her like she was from another planet and then she walked over to the counter, picked up a clothing hanger with the clips (for pants), shook it at us and screamed at us both, "paint hanger! paint hanger!"

...and that's my favorite 'country speech' story. :P

Once upon a time, long ago, I was manager of a chain clothing store and another employee from a far east Kentucky store came to visit one day. She brought some clothing from the other store and was unpacking and pricing them. At one point, she asked me to get her a "paint hanger." I said, "Excuse me?" as I had no idea what she was talking about. She again said, "I need a paint hanger." I just looked at another lady employee who gave me a blank stare and a shrug. We both looked at her like she was from another planet and then she walked over to the counter, picked up a clothing hanger with the clips (for pants), shook it at us and screamed at us both, "paint hanger! paint hanger!"

...and that's my favorite 'country speech' story. :P

Country people are some funny folks!!!

Well I have a better one, but do not block me for posting it please because it is really what happened. I was in a 7-11 on Route 66 when a guy walked in and asked for some "Black Ass" everyone was horrified. Into the shocked silence he repeated his request louder...and a man came in and translated giving directions to the Block Ice store.

What does Judd say - It's hotter than ________when he enters HOH room at 12:40 PM BB Time - 4 July - on cam 1? He wants booze.

I've listened to that several times and just can't make out what he's saying. They seemed to understand him though.

Anybody else???

Well I have a better one, but do not block me for posting it please because it is really what happened. I was in a 7-11 on Route 66 when a guy walked in and asked for some "Black Ass" everyone was horrified. Into the shocked silence he repeated his request louder...and a man came in and translated giving directions to the Block Ice store.

OMG. I bet you cracked up.

Is "country speech" similar to "ebonics"?

Not really, country speech is more like messed up pronunciation, and ebonics are/is just really bastardized English. I wish I could articulate it better.

WTF is a hillbilly? :sherlock:

Do you have Netflix? If you do, the best documentary that would describe them is "The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia." Unfortunately, I've known people who live very similar to these Whites but still, this was the most shocking and disgusting documentary I've ever seen. It has entertainment value though. It's like watching the most horrendous train wreck you could imagine. It was pretty sad.

Do you have Netflix? If you do, the best documentary that would describe them is "The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia." Unfortunately, I've known people who live very similar to these Whites but still, this was the most shocking and disgusting documentary I've ever seen. It has entertainment value though. It's like watching the most horrendous train wreck you could imagine. It was pretty sad.

I heard about that doc! I tried to get it through blockbusters but they didn't have it

Guest 6Borders

Well, I personally like him and I hope he does well and makes jury at least.

I think the reason the other HG's can understand him better than we can is that they are right there and we are listening thru several layers of filters with mics, etc. My nephews hooked up the computer to stereo sized speakers and you can hear much better on those (I chose not to do that because I don't want my neighbors thinking I have guests dropping the N-word every 30 seconds)

Judd is nowhere near my definition of a hillbilly. Judd is a normal, regular kind of guy who mumbles when he talks. I have a cousin who could be his twin. Judd is guilty of cursing the way he curses when he is around a bunch of guys. He will be ashamed.

"Kaitlin: Tell me right now who told you to change your vote!?

Judd: Well... I mean... uh... like who gave me the idea?

Kaitlin: Who told you to change your vote!?

Judd: Like... who did I talk to or like?

Kaitin: Just tell me who told you to change your vote!

Judd: Well I was... like... I was walking around... uh... before the vote... I'm sorry guys... I mean uh... I loved David and everything

Kaitin: Just give me a straight answer, who told you to change your vote?!

Judd: I mean... right before the vote... like I was walking around the house... and I saw some people... and they were sitting around and stuff... and I made a mistake... I can't bring David back... I mean... I hope you can... forgive me and stuff

Kaitlin: WHO TOLD YOU TO CHANGE YOUR VOTE!?

Judd: Well I was... walking around you know... and it was right before the vote... and I'm awful sorry guys... I hope I don't let you down again.

Aaryn: You have broken my heart... into a million pieces... I have been betrayed... by my best friend... I don't know how I will ever get over this... like I am crushed and broken and broken hearted!

Judd: I'm awful sorry, I don't know how this happened and I didnt' think he'd go home. I'd hate to think I let you guys down again this week. Hopefully that don't happen.

Aaryn: It's cool Judd, just don't let it happen again okay? Hugs and kisses!"

Okay this is exaggerated a bit but Judd cracks me up sometimes!

Not really, country speech is more like messed up pronunciation, and ebonics are/is just really bastardized English. I wish I could articulate it better.

Ebonics has a grammar that is based on African dialects. Hillbilly and Southern speech is an offshoot of Renaissance English.