BB15 General Discussion

Slowpoke

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a problem with the cast. In fact, it is what I have been looking for...an all new cast. I think people are bored because they are looking for an instant connection with the cast like they have had in the past. Unlike the years where you had returning players and you could instantly like or hate players based on your prior knowledge, this year will be like the first few years, where you had to watch and learn the personalities of the players before liking or disliking the players. As the season goes on, there will be players that will be hated and loved. They will become their own stars. If you look back over the years, hardly any of the now BB superstars were instant favorites or villains in the first few shows of their first season.

I think that they are primarily young and some of us are beyond identifying with that age group who, at best, seem very self-centered and find it difficult to complete a simple sentence without using the "F" word as a noun, verb, adverb and adjective.

As for the group; they are lackluster at best. I blame that not on them but on the people choosing them. I am not a believer in accepting what is presented but rather the concept of bitching about it until Grodner gets it right. It is their privilege for us to watch.

It boggles the mind that production hears what I hear and doesn't have the sense to call the person saying it to task. They should at least show them saying it; to us and to them.

I do have a problem with the cast.

I don't have a problem with the cast. In fact, it is what I have been looking for...an all new cast. I think people are bored because they are looking for an instant connection with the cast like they have had in the past. Unlike the years where you had returning players and you could instantly like or hate players based on your prior knowledge, this year will be like the first few years, where you had to watch and learn the personalities of the players before liking or disliking the players. As the season goes on, there will be players that will be hated and loved. They will become their own stars. If you look back over the years, hardly any of the now BB superstars were instant favorites or villains in the first few shows of their first season.

I agree with you... they 'seem' like just average people - weird but average... I am enjoying the show...

A question then.

What makes a good cast? Cause these over the top personalities are bound to implode, and I think that's why they're cast in the first place.

I agree with Joystick. Only time will determine any favorites. Unfortunately I don't have the live feeds so I can only rely on the edited live shows and what I read in the updates/comments section to get a feel for these people.

Lol - David's hair IS combed :jester:

Yeah and did you hear the things that Kaitlin was saying that went on at the bar parties? Are these girls just a bunch of hookers? Oh yeah she even said they were. Kaitlin seems really needy. She is already hanging all over Jeremy like she can't exist without him. She thinks she is SO secure but doesn't act like it at all. I think she would put a chain on him IF he would let her. I guess I should feel sorry for her because of her age?

I think someday when she looks back at this show she is going to be shocked at how she was. I know I would be. I don't think I would want that put out there for the world to see.

Yeah and did you hear the things that Kaitlin was saying that went on at the bar parties? Are these girls just a bunch of hookers? Oh yeah she even said they were. Kaitlin seems really needy. She is already hanging all over Jeremy like she can't exist without him. She thinks she is SO secure but doesn't act like it at all. I think she would put a chain on him IF he would let her. I guess I should feel sorry for her because of her age?

I think someday when she looks back at this show she is going to be shocked at how she was. I know I would be.

Awww I dont have the feeds - what did she say?

A question then.

What makes a good cast? Cause these over the top personalities are bound to implode, and I think that's why they're cast in the first place.

I agree with Joystick. Only time will determine any favorites. Unfortunately I don't have the live feeds so I can only rely on the edited live shows and what I read in the updates/comments section to get a feel for these people.

Well all I know if this cast sucks. ALL of them. BUT I do have to agree for drama purposes they should be good. I still won't like any of them though. I could never watch this show now without having the live feeds. You just don't see enough without the feeds. To me it's money well spent since I like to watch others deal with drama. (As long as it's not in MY life LOL)

This is an interesting group of people. I can't believe some of the racist things they're saying. And like Slim says, they drop the f-bomb constantly. The other word they use all the time is "like".

Vann, I think some of them will grow on you in time. One thing that makes it different this year is that they are all brand new players, no returning HG's. If there were returning HG's, we would be able to compare them from their last season, but we don't really know these people yet.

Awww I dont have the feeds - what did she say?

Well let's just say she talked about guys fingering girls in the back room. And at that point I stopped paying attention. I then just heard her say things got really weird and I started getting sick. LOL BUT she seemed to like that kind of party. To each there own I guess.

Are you serious?? Did you actually see him comb it?

Did you see when he showed ALL of his Glory? (woops I see you don't have the feeds)

A question then.

If you watch the feeds for two hours or six, it is all the same. You are just as well to read the highlights. Trust me.

Since you asked, a good cast would be a well thought-out representation of the country (this is Big Brother U.S.). One black, one bi-racial, one american-asian and the remainder caucasian americans including the sister of an infamous former houseguest (winner; finally) does not, in my opinion, a good cast make.

It can't be that difficult. What would be difficult is to be the lone representation of your ethnic group in a house filled with a majority ethnic group. Season after season after season.

This season makes it clear to me that there are insignificant people in dire need of an education as to the merits of respect for our brothers and sisters.I find it reprehensible that the person(s) to whom bigoted remarks are made do not seize the opportunity to educate the person making the remark. They are equally guilty.

A good cast will afford the opportunity not to have to ask the question in the first place.

This is an interesting group of people. I can't believe some of the racist things they're saying. And like Slim says, they drop the f-bomb constantly. The other word they use all the time is "like".

Vann, I think some of them will grow on you in time. One thing that makes it different this year is that they are all brand new players, no returning HG's. If there were returning HG's, we would be able to compare them from their last season, but we don't really know these people yet.

Hey Irish! Nice to see you!!

I just can't see myself eventually liking any of them. Maybe Nick but that is about it. When I think someone is a loser personally that is it for me. That's why I can't see it changing.

But it does seem like there is alot of drama heading our way. So we better buckle up! LOL

This season makes it clear to me that there are insignificant people in dire need of an education as to the merits of respect for our brothers and sisters.I find it reprehensible that the person(s) to whom bigoted remarks are made do not seize the opportunity to educate the person making the remark. They are equally guilty.

I don't think there is any education that will help them. Some people are just plain vile. I don't think Andy could sit down with anyone of them and get anywhere. Some people have certain views and there is NO changing them.

I thought the show was supposed to be broadcast in HD and I believe I heard they changed all cameras and wiring to HD. Maybe they realized when they started the project the house wouldn't support HD so they would have had to build an entirely new house which maybe they couldn't do in the time frame? I don't know it would be an interesting question to ask Grodner when season ends.

I don't like anyone in the cast or dislike anyone in the cast this season. I have the live feeds and have been watching then a little at a time but mostly been reading the updates to find out what happens. If something interesting is shown on the feeds that I miss I will use the playback feature to go back to it. I am taking a wait and see approach to this cast and will probably have my favorites in a few weeks. Last season it took me three weeks to finally have players I was rooting for and rooting against. Frank bugged me pretty early because he started acting like Boogie and I can't stand Boogie's antics.

Helen is my favorite houseguest because shes smart, is staying low and I know there's a chance she will be a comp beast later on when she needs it. Everyone else just eh. I dunno I usually like more than one person but no one else really makes me say " Oh I like them"

I think season 9 was the worst cast ever, for a lot of reasons. Funniest was how Natalie was "doing things" with Matt at night and then went on to call her alliance "Team Christ".

Here is a link to an article I found with similar opinions to those expressed here in this thread. Apparently many viewers are disgusted with a lot of different things.

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/79169665.html

Also while they are a personality disorder filled lot I kind of like that as opposed to Season 12. Season 12 players were all extremely intelligent and besides Brenchel not much was happening. Same goes for last year. At least with these pinheads we will have some fireworks.

And here is a letter to CBS from former HG Ragan Fox:

http://raganfox.wordpress.com/2013/06/30/an-open-letter-to-big-brothers-production-team/

I think season 9 was the worst cast ever, for a lot of reasons. Funniest was how Natalie was "doing things" with Matt at night and then went on to call her alliance "Team Christ".

Here is a link to an article I found with similar opinions to those expressed here in this thread. Apparently many viewers are disgusted with a lot of different things.

Also while they are a personality disorder filled lot I kind of like that as opposed to Season 12. Season 12 players were all extremely intelligent and besides Brenchel not much was happening. Same goes for last year. At least with these pinheads we will have some fireworks.

http://raganfox.wordpress.com/2013/06/30/an-open-letter-to-big-brothers-production-team/

Oh wow I missed this:

But Saturday on the live feeds, he was bragging to David about how he touched Kaitlin's vagina because he wants "to see what [he's] working with." But he also called it her "meat wallet."

I didn't realize this:

Yeah, I'm confused. I'm a new uk bb viewer, but this series, when someone made racist statements, they were called into the diary room and given an official warning. They were told BB does not tolerate such language and that they were made aware of the rules against offensive language before they came into the house. Does US BB not have such rules?

From the same page - complete with a night camera animated GIF sequence:

"amanda fingered herself next to him and wiped her p***y juices on the sheets and they made out"

It shows the wiping but not the kissing....

Funny not in a million years would I have thought that the delivery boy/stoner was Amanda's type......

Vann, if they did have those rules, BB isn't following them. I sure hope they create them soon, because some of their comments are really offensive.

Last but not least this is from the same article:

This is a growing list. Some of the flashback times may be off a bit.

Aaryn
•About Helen: Dude, shut up, go make some rice (6/30 1:14AM)
•Andy will get MVP because people love the queers (6/29 11:40PM)

Spencer
•Called Helen Kim Jong Un
•calls Andy Kermit the fag to his face (6/29 ~4:40pm)
•Called women the c-word
•Says “Bitch, get your ass cooking” (6/30 ~1:57pm)

GinaMarie
•Said blacks stick together and that they're "tokens" in the house (6/30 ~4:18AM)
•Candice's "blackness" is showing now that she's not on the block (6/30 ~4:20AM)
•They should make Helen's eyes "straight"
•Said something about weaves being ghetto and then looked at Candice (6/29)

Kaitlyn
•Said “n***a” but not in a reference to black people but more like “dude” (6/27 3:28AM C3)
•says Candice came at her acting aggressive and she was thinking Candice's black side was coming out (6/27 ~5:47AM)

Jeremy
•Re: Kaitlyn’s vagina: wants to see what he’s working with, called it her meat wallet.

Amanda
•Calls herself the fag hag queen (6/29 ~5:30PM)