BB15 New TWIST by Julie Chen

HoH8

Guest 6Borders

I think a lot of the success/failure of this will depend on how many times one can be MVP, etc. The most fair (like BB ever has been since about BB4) would be you can only be MPV once, no matter how America (aka Grodner) votes, so the HG's should choose wisely.

Julie said an MVP will be voted on each week by America (aka Grodner), so that sounds like "use it or lose it each week", unlike Survivor's idol which can be hung on to, same as Matt's Diamond-Special-Whatever Veto (which practically disintegrated in his pocket and fell apart when he finally used it...at least Survivor carves their stuff out of wood or something that holds up to an element or two)!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mvp sounds like a golden key for the week/ double veto if you can pull yourself off the block or someone else

i am sure the producers will make up the rules as they go along

anything concrete would take away any wiggle room

we know bb producers like their wiggle room :animated_bouncy:

Instead of killing myself watching everything Big Brother may or may not do before the season starts I'm just gonna wait till the first episode comes on and see what happens. I haven't read anyones bio or saw their videos either. That way I can judge them with an open mind and no pre concieved notions on how they will behave in the house.

I just hope CBS gives us a memorable season this year.

Guest 6Borders

Instead of killing myself watching everything Big Brother may or may not do before the season starts I'm just gonna wait till the first episode comes on and see what happens. I haven't read anyones bio or saw their videos either. That way I can judge them with an open mind and no pre concieved notions on how they will behave in the house.

Wow Steve, you are good!!!

I'm sure CBS will give me another memorable season...memorable and disappointing! LOL!

Miss you a lot, stevea. blow-a-kiss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Guest 6Borders

mvp sounds like a golden key for the week/ double veto if you can pull yourself off the block or someone else

i am sure the producers will make up the rules as they go along

anything concrete would take away any wiggle room

we know bb producers like their wiggle room :animated_bouncy:

I agree! I don't even bother to vote on stuff for BB anymore. Even voting free at cbs is a waste of time because Grodner is going to be able to give the power to whomever she wants. I don't even like America voting on who gets stuff because again it's almost always Grodner's fav's.

I'm sure Grodner now has 2-3 back up moves in place when one of her personal favs time in the house is threatened.

Julie Chen posted on twitter a picture of her script from the premeire episode. The only thing that is can be seen without doing some dectective work she says "Floaters... You better grab a life vest." However some people have done some research and detective work and the script says this.

“…(?)eek there will be 3 nominees every week.

“That makes your chances of going up on the chopping block greater than ever before. As former Big Brother winner Rachel Riley (sic) would say ‘floaters… you better grab a life vest.’

Now the HoH will still nominate 2 house Guests for eviction. So I’m sure you’re wondering how the … person will be chosen. Well I’m not going to tell you…”

From this I think we can assume that the third nominee is chosen by the MVP. Julie has said that the MVP has the right to keep this a secret so it makes me wonder how will all of this work. It does me people think. I guess we will find out Wednesday but then again we may have to wait until the second episode to find out.

we may have to wait until the second episode to find out.

We will find out when the Live Feeds come on...there will be no more waiting for the next epi...BB becomes LIVE as soon the Feeds start.... :) .....

Guest 6Borders

We will find out when the Live Feeds come on...there will be no more waiting for the next epi...BB becomes LIVE as soon the Feeds start.... :) .....

Depends on how much element of surprise BB wants for the first MVP. I think the MVP will be told in the DR that they have been selected (like they did with America's Player) so the MVP will know and the fans will know but the HG's might not know until after nominations or maybe at voting.

I am wondering, since Julie said the MVP could stay secret, if they have to select a 3rd person for eviction. It's going to be interesting (and probably disapppointing) to see how BB runs this twist and how soon it flops at their feet!

Depends on how much element of surprise BB wants for the first MVP. I think the MVP will be told in the DR that they have been selected (like they did with America's Player) so the MVP will know and the fans will know but the HG's might not know until after nominations or maybe at voting.

I am wondering, since Julie said the MVP could stay secret, if they have to select a 3rd person for eviction. It's going to be interesting (and probably disapppointing) to see how BB runs this twist and how soon it flops at their feet!

I am pretty sure your right that the MVP will be told in the DR as well as their special power. I have to wonder how this will work. If the MVP names the third nominee I would think they would have to do this in person in front of the whole house which doesn't really make it true that they can keep this a secret if they want. But based on the script that was released it sounds like the special power will be the one to make the third nominee so How will they do this. If it is done in secret where bb announces the third nominee it would open the producers to FCC complaints galore.

I am pretty sure your right that the MVP will be told in the DR as well as their special power. I have to wonder how this will work. If the MVP names the third nominee I would think they would have to do this in person in front of the whole house which doesn't really make it true that they can keep this a secret if they want. But based on the script that was released it sounds like the special power will be the one to make the third nominee so How will they do this. If it is done in secret where bb announces the third nominee it would open the producers to FCC complaints galore.

I really, really hope that they DO have to announce it in person. I think you are right about complaints.

I don't see why the FCC would care about this. I assume the MVP will simply be making this nomination on camera in the diary room during their DR session so as not to make other HGs suspicious. Then BB would just announce the anonymous nomination at the ceremony (they'd probably make it the first nom so that the HOH hasn't already used it). If the MVP had to do it in front of the house, then the MVP wouldn't be an advantage at all, it would be a giant red cross hair.

Guest 6Borders

FCC could care less. If you complain you will get a letter they have developed specifically to address the years of complaints against BB for production manipulation. They basically say they don't care and it's not their jurisdiction, which gives Grodner "creative license' to do whatever the heck she pleases, and she's obviously not shy about thumbing her nose at the fans when she rigs the show. Occasionally she gets blindsided (ie Janelle's eviction last year) so then she puts another safety net in place. Whenever she has bring-back HG's or recruited players she needs to keep them in the game as long as possible (mostly because she's paying them extra in dollars and ego).

I have a feeling that how the MVP is played will change about 1/3 of the way into the game or there will be additional special powers attached (mostly to keep Rachel's sis in the game). Jeff's coup de'etat and Matt the Diamond Veto those basically overrode the HOH and made their noms moot so I think the MVP powers will be along those lines. If so it could make for a very boring and predictable season.

IMO the show is manipulated but not rigged. Returning players and breakout ratings boosters like Frank are of course given advantages to help keep them in the game. At the very least, I think producers try to convince other HGs not to nominate/evict them. At the worst we have blatant production interference such as the S11 Coup d' Jeff, the S13 Rachel/Jordan pair veto and the S14 forcing the coaches to enter the game and various tactics to keep Frank and Dan in the game like the double veto. However, in the end it is the HGs decision what to do with powers/votes. Shane even let slip that production tried to dissuade him from putting Frank and Boogie on the block but he did it anyways and Boogie went home.

I think production does their best to help keep the ratings booster HGs in the show, which yes is unfair, but once they've given them one or two blatant advantages they realize that they can't do it anymore without viewer backlash and they have to back off. If they bought a couple extra weeks of boosted ratings then it was worth it to them. What can ya do? Ratings is money and money drives everything. Sometimes I wonder if the show would actually be worse without any manipulation because we might always be left with the most boring, unthreatening players left at the end of every season. Without any producer manipulation, the final three of BB14 would probably have been Danielle, Ian, and Shane (Dan would have been gone towards the beginning of the season). The final three in BB13 would have been Porsche, Khalia and Adam (UGH!). A lot of entertainment value could have been sacrificed for fairness.

Guest 6Borders

Manipulated vs rigged...splitting reality tv hairs in my opinion!!

Last year I don't think the game would have been re-set if Frank had not been on the block...I think someone would have been sent packing (rigged). Grodner might have tried to make nice-nice to Janelle after she was evicted but Janelle (and others) have said Grodner didn't really like Janelle. Last year Janelle didn't have the fan base she previously had so she was expendable to Grodner.

Call it whatever you want but when Grodner brings people in on purpose (friends of her friends or Rach's sister or her stupid past hg's) you KNOW they are going to stay around a while.

Manipulated vs rigged...splitting reality tv hairs in my opinion!!

Last year I don't think the game would have been re-set if Frank had not been on the block...I think someone would have been sent packing (rigged). Grodner might have tried to make nice-nice to Janelle after she was evicted but Janelle (and others) have said Grodner didn't really like Janelle. Last year Janelle didn't have the fan base she previously had so she was expendable to Grodner.

Call it whatever you want but when Grodner brings people in on purpose (friends of her friends or Rach's sister or her stupid past hg's) you KNOW they are going to stay around a while.

I think we're probably just confusing terms here. I think of rigged as competition/nomination/eviction results are predetermined by producers. I don’t think that is the case. I agree with you that the reset twist was timed deliberately to save Frank as Frank was bringing most of the drama to the house. I believe production was waiting to unleash this twist until someone they didn’t want to leave was going to be voted out and that happened to be Frank (and they would have lost a lot of great future moments if they lost Frank at that point). And no matter how many times I hear people say the schedule of competitions and twists is set before the season I don’t believe that for a second. The producers tailor the comps to the person they want to save and if they want to save someone that is lousy at comps then they will do something that’s all luck so at least they have a chance. It happens constantly if you pay attention. This doesn’t mean rigging though, it just means a good chance of a certain person winning.

A couple prominent examples:

-In BB12 after Rachel was voted out the producers obviously wanted Brendon to win HOH for the drama so they gave him a comp where you had to carry a very heavy pile of rope through an obstacle course. The only people strong enough to have a chance at this were probably Brendon and Lane and I think they figured Brendon was more brainy so they added a puzzle element too. Of course he did win the comp and brought lots of drama and ratings.

-In BB13, Dani Donato had one foot out the door with all but one in the house targeting her so of course producers want her to win HOH so they give her a skiing endurance comp that was perfectly suited to her body type. Everyone thought Brendon was being whiny when he complained that the comp was made for a short, petite female but he was absolutely right.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^yeah i never bought the comps were set arguments too

it makes no sense to have preset comps

it would make bad tv to have a comp that was suited for strong males and just all woman left in the game

:animated_bouncy: