BB15 New TWIST by Julie Chen

HoH8

This was tweeted by Julie today exposing a new TWIST.....i copied it from "kywildcat" from another thread so credit goes to her....

Julie Chen @JulieChen

.@Gabriellaabella The twist makes it a no-floater summer! #BigBrother

so comments on what do u think this means???....no-floater summer ????? Oh Dear...this is going to be a Great summer of FUN !!!!...... :clap: .....

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on which definition of floater...

A houseguest who sides with whoever has the power from week to week or a houseguest that wins nothing, plays it safe, doesn't really play the game and gets all the way or very close to the finale.

What on earth can production possible do to avoid either scenario from happening? No Floater Summer?

If they eliminate the Veto all together, then there will be no other choice but to play to stay?

Hmmm, I'm officially intrigued.

Makes me think they're going to recycle the 'teams' idea. I don't remember what season it was, but on the very first night all the houseguests were paired up with a partner and if I recall- if one person went on the block, both of them did.

I thought it was really boring. I hope they aren't going to do it again and call it something else to make us think it's a new idea.

I always considered a floater to be one who 'floats' to whomever has the power from week to week, virtually unnoticed and sucking up just to slide by to the end. It's a strategy but one that rarely warrants the fans' support. I don't ever like the floaters. I gravitate towards the ones who establish LOYAL alliances, try to compete and aren't total jerks.

I can't imagine what they're going to do to make it a no floater summer but I don't like the idea of no veto at all. Nor do I like the idea of pairing them up and evicting both if one gets evicted. That's simply not fair and gets rid of too many too fast.

Hmmm… interesting. I really hope this doesn’t mean declaring war on challenge throwers because that is a very legitimate strategy employed by the best and most popular to ever play the game (Dr. Will, Dan, etc.)

I hope they are referring to the type of floater that simply doesn’t have any interest in playing the game strategically, coming on the show basically just to hang out and be on TV, who then ends up making it to the end because others pick up on this and drag them there (such as Porsche). In the most frustrating cases, a bitter jury sometimes even hands these people the win. If producers find a way to solve that problem without compromising the integrity of the game, I’ll be impressed. It doesn’t seem very feasible though without giving the public a say in evictions, which would ruin the game for me much worse than floaters.

I always considered a floater to be one who 'floats' to whomever has the power from week to week, virtually unnoticed and sucking up just to slide by to the end. It's a strategy but one that rarely warrants the fans' support. I don't ever like the floaters. I gravitate towards the ones who establish LOYAL alliances, try to compete and aren't total jerks.

I can't imagine what they're going to do to make it a no floater summer but I don't like the idea of no veto at all. Nor do I like the idea of pairing them up and evicting both if one gets evicted. That's simply not fair and gets rid of too many too fast.

I agree with this definition. Hey, kywildcat.

I'm okay with eliminating POV each and every week. Surprise them with it every now and then - that golden power thing - make it truly golden. Of course that also runs the risk of production steering eviction outcome. Let's not forget Jeff's ridiculously unfair coup d'etat. I'm with bringing strong players onboard - people who are geared to win the cash; no matter what it takes. I want intrigue and a healthy mix of mental and physical competition..

How would getting rid of the POV solve the floater problem? If anything, I think that would make it worse as the HOH wouldn't hesitate to throw the strongest competitors up on the block, knowing that they wouldn't have that chance to save themselves. We'd end up with nothing but floaters at the end.

How would getting rid of the POV solve the floater problem? If anything, I think that would make it worse as the HOH wouldn't hesitate to throw the strongest competitors up on the block, knowing that they wouldn't have that chance to save themselves. We'd end up with nothing but floaters at the end.

Neither has anything to do with the other as far as I am concerned. I like the concept of the POV but I think that it is used too frequently. I would like to see a different approach to a "save" from eviction. Something new. As for floaters, I think they will have a very difficult time ridding the house of floaters in the general sense. Floaters serve to ally/vote. I think that is why they stay as long as they do. Maybe they could evict people if they don't win a competition within a certain time frame. IMO, floaters are a necessary evil to the game. Should be interesting.

Personally, this is what I've always wanted to see with veto ever since they started using only 6 players to play in season 5. A non-floater twist could potentially be seen if someone comes off the block by the power of veto, then only the contestants who played in the veto competition can be replacement nominees.

I think being a "floater" at the beginning of the game is a good move. The players who appear more powerful/stronger end up on the HG radar very early. I'm talking the first 3 or 4 weeks. After that you can jump into the mix and do your thing. I definitely don't like it when they float the entire game. You're there to PLAY THE GAME. Having a game play of laying back a couple of weeks is a smart move. Just as long as you don't make it your "norm" the entire time in that house.

In reference to the "no-floater summer", the first thing that popped in my head was this. They may play with families which would establish groups right off the bat. When it comes time for choose which players are on the block, they may have to play a game to decide which family the selection would come from which would be completely different way to play the game. As long as your family has to really dig in and win a competition it would prevent floaters right from the beginning. Just to be clear, I'm not sure I would like this scenario but we might as well share these little tidbits that pop in our heads! rofl

When I read there was going to be a wide range of ages the family thingy popped in my head then too. This is an angle they've not used in the past, at least with an entire family and not just a twin like BB5. Now I want more teaser tweets!! :animated_bouncy:

I hate the idea of NO POV because it gives way too much control to the HOH and almost makes them immune from their decisions as HOH. Currently when the HOH nominates someone for eviction they have to worry about that person coming after them the next week if they were to either win the POV or not get evicted through the vote. But if they take out the POV the HOH can talk to the houseguests prior to nominations and pick a name that most people would vote to evict. Basically the HOH can run the show and the next week doesn't have to worry about backlash from the people they nominated. Also without the POV the floaters are given a better chance of winning the game because the HOH will nominate the strongest players.

i really think it is next to impossible to have no floaters

season 6 was the closest to no floaters and that was a very unique season

two well established sides going back n forth trading hoh

so there wasn't much wiggle room to float from side to side or be just be a free agent hg's

even if you dont plan to be a floater coming in the game naturally forces some in that position :animated_bouncy:

Looking back on season 14, these were the dates we received the first information on the house;

7/1- HG sequestered

7/2- Video of house released

7/5- HG announced

7/7- HG enter house

7/12 - Big Brother begins

If they do it the same way this year we'll get our first info sometime over the next three days. :)

It just means the pool developed a huge crack that could not be fixed before the season started so they will have no pool to float in this summer.

hahaha! :hahohi:

Maybe the HG will have to give their vote to evict out in the open instead of in the DR?

That would be awesome! Most everybody already knows how everyone's going to vote anyway but it would still be awesome to watch.

Looking back on season 14, these were the dates we received the first information on the house;

7/1- HG sequestered

7/2- Video of house released

7/5- HG announced

7/7- HG enter house

7/12 - Big Brother begins

If they do it the same way this year we'll get our first info sometime over the next three days. :)

Awwww...i like how ur thinking...ur a true BB Fanatic....so.....

6/15 - HG Sequestered

6/16 - video of house released

6/19 - HG announced

6/21 - HG enter house

6/26 - BB15 begins

sounds just bout right....lets hope for a Awesome week of BB..... :party_smilie:

Awwww...i like how ur thinking...ur a true BB Fanatic....so.....

6/15 - HG Sequestered

6/16 - video of house released

6/19 - HG announced

6/21 - HG enter house

6/26 - BB15 begins

sounds just bout right....lets hope for a Awesome week of BB..... :party_smilie:

That sounds like a plan to me. I guess I'm a real BB geek because I have a three-ring binder with info on all the seasons. It's nice to have as a reference especially since I'm getting old and the memory is waning. :P

That sounds like a plan to me. I guess I'm a real BB geek because I have a three-ring binder with info on all the seasons. It's nice to have as a reference especially since I'm getting old and the memory is waning. :P

Wow, a 3-ring binder?, i wish i would've taken notes during the early BB years, lol...yes too bad we all are getting old, im a grandma myself now but my memory is still intact even after smoking so much pot in the 60's & 70's, LOL..... :nono: ......

Dang Moxie, that's hardcore.

Wow, a 3-ring binder?, i wish i would've taken notes during the early BB years, lol...yes too bad we all are getting old, im a grandma myself now but my memory is still intact even after smoking so much pot in the 60's & 70's, LOL..... :nono: ......

LMAO I didn't go down that road but one of the meds my doctors put me on for six months did affect my memory which totally sucks. I used to be pretty darn good at recall on just about everything but I suppose those days are long past. *sigh*

Dang Moxie, that's hardcore.

Ya think? rofl I'm the type of person who wants things at my fingertips and it's convenient to refer back to previous years. I especially like it when I see someone doing something in that house that makes me have a feeling of deja vu. My binder helps keep me sane. :animated_rotfl:

It seems to me that in the first cpl seasons they did give their votes out loud, that's been a long time ago, but I remember something like that being the case

I remember now, it wasn't that you voted out loud, but the viewers in season 1 of BB voted the nominees off, not the houseguests, sure did change after that season,lol