Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

House on FOX

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

Has House Lost Stacy for Good?

by Peter Rubin

Sela Ward and Hugh Laurie, House

The biggest question on Fox's House (Tuesdays at 9 pm/ET) this season hasn't been whether the brilliant Dr. Gregory House (Hugh Laurie) can cure all of those disturbing diseases

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

House

Sting advises, "If you love someone, set them free." House's rendition includes banishing all thoughts of the love you threw away, so to distract himself, he:
  • induces migraines in himself and in Comatose Man,
  • destroys his med-school rival's clinical trials,
  • drops acid and
  • entertains a call girl.
All of these, of course, are disguised as clever means to work-related ends. All except the prostitute. Whether House is exposing the bad math of the doctor who got him kicked out of Johns Hopkins 20 years before or waking up his teenage burn patient to take a medical history, it's all about going to the extreme to avoid his own pain. "Nothing can hurt my heart," House says, though we all know that's a lie. Wilson, as ever, is filled with witty comebacks that balance out the caustic doctor's ill mood. Slipping into the light-sensitive doctor's darkened office, Wilson greets him with, "Dr. Jekyll, I presume? They found a half-eaten sheep in the zoo. The police want to ask you a few questions." Even that didn't get a smirk from the heartbroken one. With Stacy gone, House swings dangerously between hurting himself and hurting his patients. Hopefully somebody at Princeton-Plainsboro will catch him before he flies over the edge. Is it wrong to hope his salvation will come in Stacy's surprise return to the show? I don't think so. Fingers crossed.

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

House

House's emotional pain is manifesting itself physically. So much so that he's having Cuddy shoot morphine directly into his spine. The fact that the placebo Cuddy gave him relieved his pain proves everyone's point, especially Wilson's, that the increased pain in House's leg is psychological. See? House really does have a heart, and it's aching for Stacy. Since Stacy left, he has been in increasing pain, and it's getting hard to watch. Frankly, I wasn't sure where they were going when he started to undo his pants in Cuddy's office, but like everything else House does, his actions served some nobler purpose. If exposing his atrophied thigh is what it takes to get some relief, then so be it. If only there were some of that purpose in the medical story line. Fifteen-year-old supermodel Alex has a heroin addiction, naturally perky boobs and boy parts. Oh, yeah, and she's seduced her father, but he's only really disturbed by that fact when he realizes that his hot daughter is really a boy. So then it's OK to sleep with your daughter? I wish the writers had shied away from the hermaphrodite shock value and written a decent child-abuse story instead. I wish that Cameron would stop being so predictably annoying. Most of all, I wish for more of Wilson and House playing around in the MRI, "House, this is God." Priceless.

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts
SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE....DO NOT QUOTE

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

12/31 - Episode 2.14 - Sex Kills (fka "Heatless")
[Airing March 7]: House wants to keep a woman who was killed in a car crash alive in order to use her heart for a transplant. Greg Grunberg (ALIAS) guest stars as the woman's husband.

02/16 - Episode 2.15 - Clueless [Airing March 28]: House deals with a woman he thinks is trying to kill her husband.

03/03 - Episode 2.17 - Safe [Airing April 4]: Buffy's Michelle Trachtenberg will guest star as a teenage girl who recently had a heart transplant and needs to be treated by House and his team.

03/03 - Episode 2.18 - All In:
This episode will feature 15-year-old Anne, Chinese, her mother, and 6-year-old Ian.

02/01 - Episode 2.19 - House Vs. God

03/03 - Episode 2.20 - Euphoria:
During this episode, a gangbanger nickanmed Baby Shoes will be chased by police.

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

HOUSE CALL:
In what was hardly a surprise announcement in light of its recent American Idol-goosed ratings, Fox's House has been picked up for a third season. In its sophomore run, the series has averaged 14.1 million total viewers and as of late has retained more than 70 percent of the Tuesday-night Idol's audience

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

House

Yay! House is back from its American Idol-induced hiatus. Don't get me wrong, I'm digging Mandisa and Chris, but it is nice to have the good doctor back in his time slot even if when I turn on the TV, I think I'm watching CSI. Maybe it was the "rape" scene that opened the show or House talking about Australian ants as if he were channeling Grissom. I'll forgive Fox for these mind games because House roared back on the scene with an outstanding episode that was more murder mystery than medical mystery. A loving wife tries to kill her husband by poisoning him with gold dust. House quickly identifies the source of his patient's illness and he pegs it on the wife. His team disagrees with him

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATECOOLER

April 4, 2006: Oh, Snap!

It pains me to say this because I just love Sela Ward but the show is better without the Stacy drama. She's gone, House, though masking a broken heart, is pretty much over it and if these last two episodes are any evidence, he's back to his old self. Dirty dishes and stethoscopes on the doorknob aside, Wilson and House have a better shot at a long-term relationship than House and Stacy ever did. And if Stacy had sabotaged the cane there'd be hell to pay rather than the grudging respect Wilson's prank earned. House earned some respect from me too with his touching comment about apartments and divorce. Can you tell I'm loving their living together?

Another fantastic effect of a Stacy-less House is that the core cast is back in sync in a way that I didn't know was missing. I admit I only started watching the show this season after many rave reviews from my sister and at times I felt that at least one doctor, mostly Chase, was getting shortchanged storyline-wise. That still may be the case but I don't mind because I, along with millions of viewers, witnessed a momentous re-alignment in the show tonight. Did you catch it? Foreman took the "black" marker and gained control of the "white" board and I

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts
SPOILER ALERT....HIGHLIGHT TO SEE...DO NOT QUOTE

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

03/28 - Episode 2.18 - Sleeping Dogs Lie [Airing April 18]: Two patients are being treated. One with insomnia.
04/07 - Episode 2.19 - House Vs. God [Airing April 25]: When 15-year-old faith healer, Boyd, is admitted and claims he can talk to God, House takes the case. House thinks the kid is a clever con untill the boy touches one of Wilson's cancer patients and causes her cancer to go into remission. Boyd refuses surgery on his brain because he believes it will take away his healing power, but as his condition begins to deteriorate and the condition of Wilson's cancer patient improves, House and his team must confront their own feelings about faith and God. Meanwhile, tension is still in the air between Cameron and Foreman after she accused him of stealing her idea for the medical article he had published. Source: FOX
04/10 - Episode 2.20 - Euphoria, Part 1 [Airing May 2]: The team treats Dr. Foreman after he shows symptons similar to those of one of their patients.
04/10 - Episode 2.21 - Euphoria, Part 2 [Airing Wednesday, May 3, at 8 p.m.]: House uses unconventional methods to diagnose Dr. Foreman. The latter's father visits his son.
04/13 - Episode 2.22 - Forever [Airing May 9]: House is not positive Foreman has fully recovered. The team treats a woman with a unique type of postpartum depression and interacts with Leona, a 16-year-old bi-racial Katrina victim.
03/27 - Episode 2.23 - Who's Your Daddy? [Airing May 16]
04/04 - Episode 2.24 - No Reason (Season finale) [Airing May 23]

muffytepperman

muffytepperman

• Pip
  • 35 posts
Hi Dade! I don't think that's a spoiler for House blink.gif

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts
LOL Muffy I didn't either, but if it comes from SPOILERFIX I'm not taking any chances. To me it looks like the episode guide info.

Well shoot thats what I got for not bouble checking....ty jem for moving it ninja.gif

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts
SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE...DO NOT QUOTE

Courtesy of: SPOILERIFX

04/20 - Episode 2.23 - Who's Your Daddy?
[Airing May 16]: The team treats the daughter of one of House's friends. D.B. Sweeney will guest star as the father.

SerenityNow

SerenityNow

• Pip
  • 654 posts
I watched this show last night, and I didn't find it very good. I might give it another chance since I do like hospital/doctor dramas, but it just didn't really grab me at all. I found it kind of boring and didn't finish the episode. I've heard that it's good from several people, so with the season almost over, I'll give it another shot, and maybe catch it in it's summer run.

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts
Give it another shot SN. Last nights wasn't really that good, I felt it was slow and didn't have the punch that the past episodes have had.

I haven't watched many episodes but they grabbed me enough to make me watch again. If the first one I had seen was last nights I wouldn't watch again.

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

House

April 25, 2006: You Gotta Have Faith
I can't decide if this episode was a horrific mess or a carefully constructed amalgam of profundities draped in a seemingly thought-provoking discussion of faith. My beef is that there was too much happening in this show for any one plot point to make an impact. Clearly, we are being set up for the end of the season. The hook was the teenage faith healer. Boyd of Arcadia serves more as a plot device to expose the main character's issues than as a compelling medical case. His first move after falling ill was to turn to earthbound doctors for his own healing. Long story short, he has herpes. Yet through his divine insights, Boyd reminds us where the players are on the chessboard. Chase cannot make decisions. Cameron and Foreman have trust issues. House views faith as a four-letter word (yet he tickles the ivories with the hymn "What a Friend We Have in Jesus"). Most importantly, Boyd's presence sets events in motion that reveal Wilson to be a "functional vampire"

Jem

Jem

Forum Moderator

• 12,979 posts
I agree with Dade. I normally get to see this show every couple of weeks. Last night wasn't really the best I

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts
SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE...DO NOT QUOTE

04/25 - Episode 2.24 - No Reason (Season finale) [Airing May 23]: As House and his team are working on the diagnosis of Vince, a man with a giant, swollen tongue, disgruntled former patient Jack Moriarty (guest star Elias Koteas) walks into House's office and shoots him. House continues to treat Vince from his ICU hospital bed with Moriarty, shot by hospital security and hand-cuffed to his bed, as his roommate. When aftereffects of the shooting begin to impact House, he starts to question his own ability to properly diagnose. As Vince's body deteriorates, House must struggle through his self-doubt and trust his team to find a way to solve the case. Source: FOX

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts
Two episodes of House this week....

Tuesday May 2, at 9:00pm Eastern
Part 1 of two: An inner-city cop (Scott Michael Campbell) laughs as he corners a suspect, and even thinks it's funny when the suspect shoots him. But the gunshot wound isn't why he's in danger. Meanwhile, Foreman takes an immediate dislike to the officer. In fact, when his condition deteriorates, Foreman starts laughing. Then the doc gets sick as well.

AND
Wednesday May 3, at 8:00pm Eastern
Conclusion. Now it's Foreman's turn to go blind and suffer agonizing pain from whatever it was that struck Off. Joe Luria, and a stumped House calls on his pet rat, Steve McQueen, to see what he can sniff out in Joe's filthy apartment. Rodney Foreman: Charles S. Dutton.

This also pushes Bones back to May 10, at 8:00pm Eastern

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

House

May 2, 2006: Euphoria, Part 1
You know what I liked best about the show tonight? It's something we have sort of known but hasn't been articulated. House truly cares for his staff. He even said as much, in his own way, while taking a jab at Wilson. I didn't like that so much, but House jabs out of love. You know what else I didn't like? Watching Joe, the pot-farming cop, slowly die. I wanted a happy ending for Joe, whose life was pretty pathetic. He didn't even get to go quickly. He took the express train from euphoria to abject pain and it wasn't pretty. That train will be making a return trip for Foreman, whose symptoms might have been recognized sooner had he not been acting like such a jerk lately. Despite his recent bad behavior, I feel for the guy.

So does Cameron. What does a guy have to do to make Cameron hate him? A lot. He could steal your article. He could disavow your friendship. He could stab you with a diseased needle. Cameron would still enter a hot zone to save him. That, my friends, is the mark of a special person. Whether it be short-bus special or uniquely gifted special, the jury's still out.

Speaking of the short bus

ElleNaturelle

ElleNaturelle

• Pip
  • 5,530 posts
So I saw Part 1, and I saw the show the following week. Stupid me totally didn't clue into the fact that Part 2 was the day after 1. I saw that Foreman was alive and well, and even nice/positive for awhile. My question though is, how? What was the infection/problem after all and how bad did it get before they found out?

Jem

Jem

Forum Moderator

• 12,979 posts
Source - FOX.com

Sorry, long read and I'm posting Part 1 and 2.

EUPHORIA, PART 1
Aired 5/2/06
A cop named Joe Luria corners a young gang member in an alley. Joe giddily mocks the perp as he reads him his rights. The gang member pulls his gun and shoots. The bullet shatters against Joe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users