Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

House on FOX

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

Jem

Jem

Forum Moderator

• 12,979 posts
I did catch a couple of scenes from the show last night... (I was switching to the everytime Ivette and Maggei came onto the screen. tongue.gif )

Can't wait for next week!

Firestar

Firestar

• Pip
  • 122 posts

On those were great! I love this show so much! House is always cracking me up...his character is such an ass! lol

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
FROM TV GUIDE: The Water Cooler

House

For a second I thought I was watching Desperate Housewives: Here's Cuddy, running around in belly-baring exercise wear, and her Hispanic young handyman, who can't say no to his sexy employer. Yes, I said sexy. Surely you haven't missed Cuddy's transformation? Three weeks ago she was sporting a white ruffly number straight out of a '50s secretarial pool. This week she's a tank top-wearing, nightgown-donning woman. Those writers are planning something. Raise your hand if you're up for a House-Cuddy-Stacy triangle? Yeah, mine's not up, but that doesn't seem to matter, because I see a tangled web on the horizon. Chase said it best: "You two are just too nasty to each other not to have been nasty." You can't beat British logic. Either way, I believe House when he deflects Chase's suspicions with a precious comeback: "Hey, I can still be a jerk to people I haven't slept with. I am that good." I betcha Cuddy will declare some sort of attraction to House, who will be too into Stacy to fulfill Cuddy's fantasies. She in turn will end up enjoying Wilson's bedside manner, leaving House out in the cold. Hold on to your gurneys, it's going to be a bumpy ride! Wow, I just turned that triangle into a square. Somebody stop me! Despite my doomed vision for a Cuddy-House relationship, their chemistry was pretty palpable this week. They bicker like husband and wife already — Cuddy: "Are you being intentionally dense?" House: "Huh!" — but in the end they still respect and care for each other. Love story aside, it was nice to see Charlie Robinson of Night Court fame in the B-story line on racial politics and healthcare. — RC

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Courtesy of: AOL TELEVISION, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

Four Series Are the Ones to Watch

By Robert Bianco, USA TODAY

(Oct. 28) -- Looking for the best shows on TV? Look no further than these four, which actually have strengthened in their second year:

"Lost" (ABC, Wednesday, 9 p.m. ET/PT)

Each week, this brilliant, beautiful, intricate series about life lived in doubt has strengthened its claim as TV's top series. Start with the perfectly pitched season premiere, which ingeniously negotiated the dance a series like Lost must master: doling out enough information to keep an audience involved without depleting the series' store.

From there, it has been one high point after another — all leading to the show's Nov. 9 return and the threatened loss of one of the main characters. It's a testament to the writers and the actors that many fans would no doubt be happy if the network promos proved to be misleading. I can't think of a single castaway I'm willing to lose. (Related story: Second-year series are the class of 2005)

"Veronica Mars" (UPN, Wednesday, 9 p.m. ET/PT)

What do you do when you've built your show around a mystery and then solve it in the first season? If you're Veronica Mars, you come back with an even stronger story, one that throws the show's smart-as-a-whip teen detective into the middle of the divide between the local haves and have-nots.

Yet as intriguing as the main plot may be, there's far more to Mars than its mystery. Kristen Bell and Enrico Colantoni are playing the funniest and yet most touchingly realistic father-daughter team on TV. Now if only they were doing so in front of a larger audience.

"House" (Fox, Tuesday, 9 p.m. ET/PT)

If you were afraid that House might start to soften its fabulously abrasive main character, you can stop worrying. This excellent medical drama has deepened our understanding of its curmudgeonly diagnostician without rubbing away his rough edges or succumbing to the TV urge to make every character easily likeable. When the series returns from its baseball hiatus Tuesday, House will be horrid to a fellow doctor because he resents the doctor's popularity. What makes him behave so badly? Wait another week, when you meet his father.

The writing this season has been first rate, as the show learns to tweak its format and our expectations. And the show's incredible star, Hugh Laurie, is playing the most difficult and yet engaging TV character since Andy Sipowicz — and that's as high as TV praise gets.

"Grey's Anatomy" (ABC, Sunday, 10 p.m. ET/PT)

Some shows sort of sneak up on you. Arriving last spring as no more than a decently designed companion for Desperate Housewives, this female-centric medical drama has blossomed in its second season. Clearly, Grey's has found its stride and its confidence, as witness Sunday's terrific episode, which lightens the drama with jokes about the show's own all-seeing narrator device.

In a flawless supporting cast, the standouts have been Sandra Oh, as an unabashedly ambitious young surgeon, and Chandra Wilson, who brings warmth and nuance to a character who could have been a standard-issue taskmaster. But the real spark this fall has come from the romantic equilateral triangle of Ellen Pompeo, Kate Walsh and Patrick Dempsey, who ideally captures both the charm and the selfishness that so often comes with being considered "McDreamy."

Who does McDreamy pick? You'll have to watch Sunday to find out.

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

House

TB or not TB? That truly is the question for Dr. House and his team when brilliant Dr. Sebastian Charles, known for treating tuberculosis in the less fortunate in Africa, lands in their care. Played by Ron Livingston, Dr. Charles challenges House by self-diagnosing, but as is usually the case, there is more to his ailment than meets the eye, and Dr. House, of course, figures it out — this time via televised press conference. He's so clever. Before we get to the weekly tumor as the source of all that plagues House's patients, what was that contraption that House used to check Livingston's heart? It took me back to the Pit of Despair in The Princess Bride. All we needed was an albino assistant. This week it was Cameron's turn to get hit on by a patient, and like Chase with the young cancer patient, she responded. Okay, Chase wasn't really into his child patient, but he did kiss her. Anyway, is it suddenly alright for doctors to get romantically involved with their patients? Either way the romance with Dr. Charles was doomed from the moment he threw up and collapsed on her. They hadn't even kissed yet. The B-story line was DOA. Foreman, while wearing House's lab coat, upsets a woman who believes she has breast cancer. She complains and Cuddy orders House to apologize. Too bad he wasn't the culprit. Poor House, he's so misunderstood, but in the end he dupes Cuddy and satisfies Foreman's patient. All is well in the world again, until next week. — RC

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts

House

One might call House's patient this week the Human Taser. Carnell, a recent Princeton University grad of modest beginnings, is suffering from self-generated electric shocks. They're so bad that his sphincter is paralyzed and he poops himself. Holy crap, they showed that on TV? Shocking! Even more surprising is the fact that the cause of Carnell's malady is the radioactive key chain his father, Ken, gave him. A token to remind Carnell of his humble roots. The thing is, radioactive key chains are absolute no-nos as gifts. I'm going to stand firm on this one, especially with the holidays coming up. No matter how cute that nugget of metal from the salvage yard may look, leave it be. Sure you might be thinking, what do I get the Princeton grad who has everything? Remember this: A hunk of radioactive waste is not a cool gift. Now get thee to a Target and stop lying to your son about his mother's death.

So halfway through the show I got excited not just because we were going to meet Ma and Pa House, whom he was desperately trying to avoid, but also because I thought this would be the week without a tumor. I was wrong. They stuck one in the spinal cord real cute-like, but who cares? House has parents! Finally someone to tell him to go to his room. Alas, this fantasy went unfulfilled but House did get a dose of reality from dear old Dad and that was worth the price of admission. — Rhoda Charles

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts

House

Sometimes I wonder if there are too many characters on this show and that Foreman, Chase and Wilson get slighted in terms of story line. When Wilson says to Cameron, "If love is based on lies, does that mean it's not a real feeling?" It's so obvious that something is terribly wrong in his life. Come on, who says that without having some deep-rooted issues? Not to mention that later scene of him settling in for the night on a couch located either in his office or his home (I couldn't tell which). Either way, I want more about Wilson. Cameron and her ethical dilemmas get a lot of airtime, but I didn't expect her to confess that she had fallen in love with her ailing and now-deceased husband's best friend. It makes her habit of seeing things in absolutes more interesting given the gray area surrounding her own fidelity. As for House's love life... well, he's doing some wacky things in the name of it. While crashing Mark's therapy session with the excuse "I come for the healing" was entertaining, it was also pretty cruel and House reserves that treatment for his patients. Maybe I'm not buying the whole unrequited-love bit. Moments after he bats his baby blues and says to Stacy "I need to know, do you love me or do you hate me?" he violates Stacy's privacy by reading her therapy records. No wonder Stacy loves him and hates him. Maybe once this love story ends as badly as I suspect it will, the other doctors on the show can get a few more lines and House can go back to acting out from the pain in his leg and not in his heart. — Rhoda Charles

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Coutesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

House

You'd think that after stealing Stacy's therapy notes, House couldn't sink any further, but he found a new low: using a rat to woo a woman while manipulating her emotions with his ill-obtained insider knowledge. That and beating on people to get them to consent to medical treatment. OK, I get that the weekly appearance of a tumor is necessary to involve Dr. Wilson the oncologist in the story line as more than just a foil to House's sarcastic wit. Still, it makes me chuckle when the nasty little bugger rears its head in the course of a diagnosis. This week it signaled Hodgkins disease in Kalvin, a patient with full-blown AIDS who was also suffering from a slew of other ailments. Kalvin, in an unexpected coughing fit, spewed HIV-positive blood all over the demure-looking Cameron's face, getting it in her eyes and mouth and causing an AIDS scare. Next thing you know, Cameron is letting her hair down, getting high on crystal meth and jumping on Chase. All this in an attempt to embrace life now that she may be staring death in the face. Did you notice how at first there were like five specks of blood on her face and when the camera cut back to Cameron, she was covered in blood? Subtle editing. Given what happened, why didn't Cameron wear a mask when she later biopsied Kalvin's lung? Now she's playing the waiting game until her HIV test. Luckily we didn't have to wait too long for Stacy to figure out that House had read her file and for her to tell him that she doesn't want him anymore. Funny how House, who is so observant about everything else, including the Chase-Cameron affair, is quite oblivious to the fact that he's going about the Stacy thing all wrong. I guess love really is blind. — Rhoda Charles

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts

House

It's a month after the fateful break-in. Stacy is still angry with House and spends the greater part of the hour letting that anger seep into her work performance, as evidenced by her barging in and having sensitive legal conversations in front of House's clinic patients. All this because she's so very angry. Yet like House, I'm not taking her anger seriously. I don't know the woman personally but I'm going to venture to say that Sela Ward is too nice to play the heavy. There's some sort of amusement in her eyes when she's chastising him. So I'm not surprised that it only took a two-minute heart-to-heart with House to get Stacy back to casting endearing glances at her ex. And tell me this: Aside from the Law and Order franchise, is there a show on TV where the legal procedure is not slated to take place within 24 hours? Stacy comes into work and is tasked by Cuddy with counseling House and Chase before their impending peer review for a malpractice suit. So basically, they're getting the shaft. The charm of the episode lies in the storytelling. Stacy had to extricate the truth from both doctors while they repeatedly lied to her about what happened with the patient. This, of course, led to some amusing one-liners, like House declaring he's gay when Stacy accused him of hiding something. "It does explain a lot though," he says. "No girlfriend, always with Wilson, obsession with sneakers.… " By show's end Chase was off the hook and House was placed under supervision by the panel. His new boss? Foreman. Yeah, that's going to go over well. Wilson had the best line of the night though with his "guess I'm his best friend now," comment. We'll have to wait and see about that. — RC

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INSIDER

ER Doc Now Rocks Fox's House

by Peter Rubin

The consistently cool Omar Epps certainly has warmed up to the opportunity to step it up as his Dr. Foreman takes charge on Fox's hit medical drama, House (Tuesdays at 9 pm/ET). TV Guide spoke to the actor about his latest round of rounds.

TV Guide: You played intern Dennis Gant on ER, so this is your second role as a TV doctor. Does that make it easier to toss out terms like nesidioblastoma?
Omar Epps:
Oh, it's still hard. [Laughs]

TV Guide: What would Dr. Foreman think of Dr. Gant?
Epps:
That Gant was weak. He couldn't handle the pressure.

TV Guide: Unlike the unflappable Dr. Foreman. Does he ever have any doubts?
Epps:
Every case is doubt; it's about trusting your instincts and your knowledge. All you can do is hope for the best. The guys who are confident and comfortable are the guys doing cosmetic surgery — not to dis cosmetic surgeons! But 10 years ago in diagnostics, they said, "Don't do X, Y and Z." And now it's, "No, it's actually good for you." Ten years from now they'll change it again.

TV Guide: Of the entire medical staff, Foreman is the most like House — a little arrogant, but principled.
Epps:
It's a paradox in that sense. Foreman's the guy who speaks out against House and his ways, but he's also the guy who's most like him in terms of being unapologetic for his actions and how he deals with people. But I'd definitely say Foreman is more cordial than House. [Laughs]

TV Guide: Do you ever find yourself flinching at some of House's racist wisecracks?
Epps:
I actually have fun, because the intent is to be so over-the-top. Foreman is, in my mind, used to being the "only black guy" in this crowd, so the way that he interprets it is that the coach is harder on his best player. Sooner or later, House isn't gonna be his boss, so he has to be able to take all this stuff to handle that situation when it happens.

TV Guide: In fact, Foreman handled a similar situation in [the Nov. 29] episode. How many muffin baskets did you send to the writers to get that story line going?
Epps:
[Laughs] Now that the audience is sort of vested in the interaction of these characters, the writers are ready to delve into each one's life and see what they're about outside of the workplace. So Foreman's thing is starting in the workplace, but sooner or later it's gonna work itself out of there.

TV Guide: That's good, because the only thing we really know about Foreman is that he has a juve record. Did you get into any trouble as a teenager, running around with your high-school pal Marlon Wayans?
Epps:
I got caught doing the shoplifting thing. Matter of fact, I was with Marlon one time when I was doing it. He didn't know, and the guy caught me. I was trying to play the race card. [Laughs] My friends were defending me — "Aw, you think all black people [steal]!" — and it made me feel so bad, because I was sittin' there with candy in my pocket!

TV Guide: You had your second daughter last year with your fiancιe, R&B singer Keisha Spivey. Do you get to spend much time with your kids?
Epps:
This is the most stable my life has been in the last decade! When you're doing films, you're all over the place, whereas doing a television show, you've got somewhere you gotta be every single day. I live in L.A. and I film in L.A. I get to wake up to the kids and go home to the kids. So it's great for me.

TV Guide: Do you feel as stable in your career now that House is a bona fide hit?
Epps:
The studio is lovin' everything, and they seem to be invested in getting us to syndication, which is about 100 episodes. [NBC Universal last week agreed to pay a hefty sum to air syndicated House episodes on USA Network and Bravo.] At the end of our third season, we'll really know where we stand. I don't know if we'll ever feel relaxed. Television is such a strange world. You're always on eggshells.

TV Guide: Ever find yourself doing your own diagnoses at home?
Epps:
When the kids get sick, sometimes I have little recommendations, but it's a little freaky for me. I don't do needles, and I'm kinda squeamish when it comes to blood.

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts

House

Looks like Cynthia Nixon has been trolling the medical procedurals for work since Sex and the City shut down. A stint on ER earlier this year had her playing a stroke victim and now on House she collapses at an off-track-betting establishment, much to the good doctor's dismay. It's all good though, since it's given her a chance to hone her seizure craft. Like any good addict, we see that House has a thing for more than just painkillers. Watching his lackadaisical response to Anica flagellating on the floor while the ponies were running was almost as entertaining as watching House torment his new boss with his lackadaisical response to his work. "You're my bitch," House informs a well-dressed Foreman and shoves a long overdue pile of paperwork at him. Ah, the joys of management. Honestly, did anybody expect House to be a well-behaved employee when he's such a misbehaved boss? And check out Cameron walking the tightrope between the whiny why-didn't-Cuddy-choose-me girl and the strong-willed woman making herself heard to her truth-challenged Munchausen-suffering patient. Didja catch how Chase subtly called Cameron a ho and told her she'd never advance due to her dalliances with both himself and House? Ouch. So, back to House and his sinister interlude with Anica on the park bench. Leaving a patient having a seizure on the ground outside the hospital is a bit of an extreme way to prove your diagnosis, but House is a bit of a drama queen. Speaking of drama, I was actually relieved that there were no Stacy antics this week. The show really is completely different when it focuses on House's love life instead of on his work. I do feel bad that Foreman believed he had a chance at keeping House's job. Maybe if the show had been called Foreman instead.... — Rhoda Charles

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Courtey of: TV GUIDE, ASK MATT

Question: I was watching a recent episode of House, and when he and Wilson walked out of House's house, they showed the street number as being 221B. This wouldn't happen to be on Baker Street? This brought together all of the similarities between House and another famous person who was known for using his powers of observation, Sherlock Holmes. The sidekick, Wilson for Watson. The name, Holmes (close to Homes) for House. The addiction, Opium for Vicodin. The dry wit. The peevishness with which they both grate on people's nerves. This must have been intentional. Whose idea was this, and can we expect more similarities to pop up in future episodes, like a nemesis similar to Moriarty? — Tim M.

Matt Roush: If House starts wearing a deerstalker cap, then I'll start getting worried. But I thought the address was a nifty in-joke, in keeping with the fact that from the start, a number of critics (including me) have relished House as a medical Sherlock for many of the idiosyncratic reasons you've stated. I wouldn't want them to overdo the metaphor, though, so if someone checks into the hospital with rabies from being bitten by a hound of the Baskervilles, don't expect me to cheer.

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts

House

The good thing about a House repeat is getting a second chance to savor the one-liners. The show is full of them, and Hugh Laurie's delivery is dead-on. Though you wouldn't be able to tell that from his surly staff. If House were a documentary rather than a drama, there's no way I'd believe that doctors Chase, Foreman and Cameron wouldn't at least smirk occasionally at some of the stuff that comes out of House's mouth. Instead they all give him that disapproving I-need-a-laxative look. Even his dry-erase marker is a source of amusement. When House isn't admonishing Cameron about touching his pen, he's writing something snarky with it on his board, like "dead man dying" regarding his death-row-inmate patient. There's a certain macabre humor that I could see Chase appreciating if no one else, yet everybody's so grumpy on this show that you forget that House is the curmudgeon. House aside, tonight's repeat of the season opener treated us once again to LL Cool J's guest appearance. That MRI scene is just as disturbing the second time around, but I have since learned that ink extraction via MRI is largely a myth, so I'm feeling a little better about the whole thing. I was also reminded of Cuddy's male secretary, who mysteriously went missing after this episode. Odds are his disappearance from the canvas will not lead to some gimmicky Murphy Brown-esque secretarial rotation subplot for Cuddy, but all the same, I'd like to know where he went. Maybe Dr. House can figure that out for us and in the meantime tickle my ribs again with another quip about Rutgers' secretarial school. — Rhoda Charles

ART VAN DELAY

ART VAN DELAY

• Pip
  • 1,337 posts
HOUSE reruns are coming to USA network starting on Friday Jan 6 at 11PM after MONK more details go to www.usanetworks.com

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts

House

Sex and the City has ruined Ron Livingston for me. I can now only see him as that Post-it-using jerk who dumped Carrie. Good thing his turn as TB-curing humanitarian doctor Sebastian Charles also has a bit of an edge. Even so, I'm not buying the press conference in a patient's hospital room. I don't care how self-sacrificing Charles is being by refusing to take meds not available to the poor, or how important his issue may be. (That issue, by the way, was the lack of concern from rich nations for those dying of treatable illnesses in third-world countries.) Does House care about this issue? I think he might, but he bends over backwards to make everyone think he doesn't. This isn't new, though. Quite the opposite: House's MO is to convince the world that he basically has no regard for people in general, but his actions always get the best of him when he doesn't give up on his patients. Despite his ideological differences with Dr. Charles, House digs in his heels until he can make the correct diagnosis, which is always fun to watch as this heel-digging results in many amusing comebacks to any opponents. Formula dictates that the ill shall be made whole, and so Dr. Charles leaves the hospital under his own steam, and House has solved yet another baffling case. Now he and Wilson can get back to watching television in Comatose Man's room — which isn't completely unethical, since we learned in this episode that TV and press conferences can both be used as diagnostic tools. — Rhoda Charles

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE...DO NOT QUOTE

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

House
(FOX) Updated on January 6

Mondays at 8 p.m. starting in January.

12/16 - Episode 2.10 - Failure to Communicate [Airing January 10]: The team tries to find out why a famous journalist is now speaking gibberish. Stacey and House travel to Baltimore to deal with House's Medicaid billings.

01/06 - Episode 2.11 - Need To Know [Airing February 7]: House treats a patient (played by Julie Warner) that is lying to him. Stacey announces that she is leaving the hospital. Could her decision have been triggered by the fact House told her that she is better off without him? Elle Fanning (Dakota's little sister) guest stars as the daughter of the patient treated by House.

12/11 - Episode 2.12 - Happiness
12/31 - Episode 2.13 - Skin Deep
12/31 - Episode 2.14 - Heartless
12/31 - Episode 2.15 - Clueless
12/31 - Episode 2.16 - Safe
12/31 - Episode 2.1? - Sex Kills:
House wants to keep a woman who was killed in a car crash alive in order to use her heart for a transplant. Greg Grunberg (ALIAS) guest stars as the woman's husband.

ART VAN DELAY

ART VAN DELAY

• Pip
  • 1,337 posts
I got a chance to watch HOUSE for the first time on USA last night. It is great right up there with ER and Grey's

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts

House

House and Stacy are stuck in Baltimore overnight due to inclement weather while the "kids" try to solve the case of a famous journalist whose fall has left him speaking gibberish. That happened to me once when I fell off my bike and cracked my head on the asphalt. Concussion. I haven't ridden downhill, standing up, with no hands, ever since. I tell you, it's the darnedest thing to think you're speaking in proper sentences only to have nonsense coming out of your mouth. If only House had been working my case.... Anyway, Stacy admits that she likes curry and that, though she can't have it all the time, she craves it now and again. This is sexy lawyer-speak for "House, I want you now!" It turns House on so much that he plants a couple of kisses on her, yet he can't refuse the siren call of his true love — his work. When House leaves Stacy alone in the hotel room because the "kids" call in with more symptoms, she goes and scribbles random words in red lipstick on the airport's wall. This would probably earn most frequent-fliers a fine at least. House, though, can do so for hours without any harassment from security. What he can't do is leave a backpack on the plane without boarding. I loved how that security guard tracked down the pack's owner lickety-split and then left him standing in the hall, still not on the plane! I bet House didn't have to remove his shoes at any checkpoints either. Really, why bother with scripting airport security if it's not going to make any sense? It's nice to know that House can make sense of things from afar and diagnose his patient with cerebral malaria. (Yay! It's not a tumor!) What's disturbing is that his team is basically useless without him. Exactly what is House teaching them, or are they just slow learners? They didn't even order a MRI, House's favorite test. I did notice that in House's absence, Chase was smug, Foreman was insecure and Cameron was somewhat commanding. House, however, was unchanged. Thank goodness the show is named for a certain surly doc, or it just wouldn't have been the same. — Rhoda Charles

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE....DO NOT QUOTE

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ASK AUSIELLO

Question: Will we ever see any of Cameron's family on House? I would love to see how House would react to Cameron's family! — Christina

Ausiello: Not sure about Cameron's, but we will meet Foreman's brood later this season when a dramatic, life-changing medical crisis rocks his world. "One of the dangers of working in an environment like this is you tend to get exposed to a lot of sick people," says exec producer David Shore. "So, we actually will have him deal with his mortality to give us an opportunity to deal with his family situation." So, what is Foreman's family situation? "He's not married" is all Shore will say.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question: I need House spoilers! — Emma

Ausiello: House's heartbreak over Stacy's imminent departure will manifest itself in other ways. "We didn't just want to have him crying," David Shore explains. "That just didn't feel like him. So, we decided to do it in a subtextual way, where he's in additional physical pain rather than emotional pain." (Hint: On the set visit, we were told House will soon undergo an MRI on his leg.) And regarding a possible return from Stacy (Sela Ward)? "We played that out. We dealt with that and I think people will be satisfied with the ending. It's not what you'd expect, but I think it makes sense."

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts

House

What do you do when you don't want any more children than the one you already have, but your new husband wants to have a child of his own? You undergo fertility treatments while secretly taking birth-control pills until hubby finally gives up hope, of course. The downside: flailing limbs, a stroke and a liver tumor. That sums up the medical portion of tonight's House, except to note that the little girl (Elle Fanning) is the spitting image of her older sister Dakota.

The real meat and potatoes of tonight's episode was the end of the Stacy-House affair. It was definitely an affair to remember, complete with a full-fledged, if brief, sex scene, several moments of ardent, soulful stares and a final self-sacrificing moment in which House walks away from the love of his life. I'm disappointed that Wilson did not recognize the maturity behind House's actions and instead chose to berate and belittle his "miserable" friend. Actually, Wilson was very annoying this week, lecturing House for potentially breaking up Stacy's marriage and then for not following through on that course.

With all this drama, a few clinic scenes would have been most welcome. Instead, we were left to grab some humor from a few precious moments: House tricking Cameron into taking her HIV test through a jaw-droppingly insincere declaration of love followed by a quick cheek swab. Cuddy's confusing impression of Stacy, complete with a Southern accent that even the Mississippi-born Sela Ward doesn't brandish. The ugly neckties that every man but House wore this week were also good for a laugh. By episode's end, the patient was healed, physically if not emotionally, Cameron was not HIV positive, Foreman's reign of terror was over, and so were Stacy and House. — Rhoda Charles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users