BBAD

RDM

On the article here it says:

"BIG BROTHER: AFTER DARK will feature a curated live feed from inside the BIG BROTHER house for two hours, seven nights a week (12:00-2:00 AM, live ET/delayed PT) for 13 weeks beginning Wednesday, June 26."

Does anyone know what "curated" means? Searching Google the word "curated" doesn't really have a definition that makes sense. Searching "curated content" is basically says the gathering and assembling of content. So could that mean BBAD could be footage BB puts together that they want us to see? Not sure on what that could be, but I could totally see Alison doing things this way so viewers see the show she want us to see.

I asked my brother and he said basically it means TPTB will completely control the content of what you see. Some or all of it will not be real time events. It sounds like the producers want to control even more of the show so they've taken away the live feed from Showtime. The curation involves both machine and man which could mean the machine collects the data and the man controls the content. He directed me to an article on wikipedia which made a little more sense than just looking up the word "curated".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_curation

I would be shocked if they allowed any provocative stuff on the tv guide channel so that may be the part they want to "curate". I dunno. lol

I would be shocked if they allowed any provocative stuff on the tv guide channel so that may be the part they want to "curate". I dunno. lol

If that is what they want removed they're nutts. It's pretty much the only thing the show has going for it, if and when they get anything to happen. Editing what we see will be a huge help to Alison since she can remove all the things people say on live TV about what the DR just said.

On the article here it says:

Does anyone know what "curated" means?

I think they're going to do selected scenes from throughout the day like Slice did for BB Canada. They started live, but found that often there was two hours of the HGs sleeping or playing chess in silence. This doesn't make for very good TV. I've had friends stumble upon the Showtime After Dark and call me to ask what they're watching because it'll just be someone in the hammock, and they think that's all we see all day. As any live feed viewer knows, there are hours of tedious boring ADLs and sleeping. You can't blame CBS for wanting to air something more engaging.

And as for CBS "taking it away from Showtime," CBS owns Showtime, and 50% of the TV Guide Network, so they have always had the last say in was is shown and what is censored.

Big Brother After Dark to Air on TV Guide Network, For Free! May 30, 2013

The premiere of Big Brother 15 is less than a month away, and some details are starting to come out. Robin Kass has selected the houseguests, and now it's up to the CBS brass to approve the selections. As usual, the houseguest's identities won't be made public until they've been sequestered, which doesn't happen until two weeks before the show starts.

Today it was announced that "Big Brother: After Dark" is heading from Showtime to TV Guide Network this summer.

Reality program, a companion show to CBS's "Big Brother," features a live feed from inside the "Big Brother" house seven nights a week from midnight till 2 a.m. (West coast feed is delayed.)

"After Dark" will debut on TVGN on June 26 -- the same night that "Big Brother" bows on the Eye -- and will run for 13 weeks.

bb15tvguidenetwork.jpgTransition from CBS-owned Showtime, where it ran for seven seasons, to TVGN, which was recently acquired by CBS, gives CBS the opportunity to sled over ratings equity from the broadcast show to TVGN, and to cross-promote the TV brands

"'Big Brother' is one of television's longest-running reality series with a loyal audience, and we are excited to bring 'Big Brother: After Dark' to TVGN where fans can watch all summer long," said Brad Schwartz, president of entertainment and media at TVGN. "When the sun goes down and the cameras are still rolling, some of the best reality TV moments come to life, and we expect this season of 'Big Brother: After Dark' to deliver more jaw-dropping action available only on TVGN."

And as for CBS "taking it away from Showtime," CBS owns Showtime, and 50% of the TV Guide Network, so they have always had the last say in was is shown and what is censored.

I never knew that. Interesting. Maybe the changes will be positive. .

sadly i dont see bbad on my comcast channel lineup

not sure if i will be able to get the feeds

so having bbad would have been nice to have :animated_bouncy:

sadly i dont see bbad on my comcast channel lineup

not sure if i will be able to get the feeds

so having bbad would have been nice to have :animated_bouncy:

scratch that i do have it :animated_bouncy:

This is a question for those of you who have had The TV Guide Channel on your cable for a long time. Our local TVGN had the channel lineup crawl on the bottom of the screen which made the actual telecast window a lot smaller. It was only recently that our local cable was able to get permission from TVGN to split the channel lineup and telecast into two separate channels on the cable box. Do you still have them on the same screen or have other places also been able to split them into two channels? Just curious because if it hasn't been split for others, I could see that being a pain in the neck when you're trying to watch BB seven nights a week. :)

Guest 6Borders

So basically BBAD will just be another edited version of the show so I better not hear Julie say "live, uncut and uncensored..." (which is as bad as "watch the feeds 24/7)!! BBAD was basically so people who didn't want to buy the feeds could actually see "what goes on in the house..."(after the sun goes down).

To me this just gives Grodner one MORE way to manipulate the show and the outcome to her $$ and lazy producer advantage!

Guest 6Borders

The west coast delay makes no sense to me. If east is seeing it from midnight-2am what time is the west coast seeing it with the "delay"...5am-7am???? Most people are going to tape it anyway but that just seems WEIRD to me.

I've never seen BBAD so I have a question. Is it exactly like the feeds where they cut off if the HGs start singing or talking about production (can't imagine they would do that on television) or do they just record a few hours of live feeds and then edit out where they have to cut the feed? Knowing the feeds, I can't imagine they could ever find a feed that goes more than 1 hour without the HGs singing or talking about production/votes/personal contacts/etc.

I've always thought that BBAD and live feeds are one and the same. Just if you had Showtime you got them and could watch them if you suffered from terminal insomnia or worked 3-11. I think that they were on from 12-3:00 AM; something like that.

I am surprised that there have been no significant (proven) spoilers. They've done a good job of keeping BB15's business under wraps. I am going to do the feeds here but am going to be disappointed if they bring ANYBODY back. I don't even thrill to the rumor that they might bring over people from Survivor/AR although I would probably take a peek before passing judgement.

I am going to do the feeds here but am going to be disappointed if they bring ANYBODY back. I don't even thrill to the rumor that they might bring over people from Survivor/AR although I would probably take a peek before passing judgement.

I guess you haven't heard yet that this season is Jeff/Jordan vs Brendon/Rachel vs Dominic/Danielle vs newbies?

I've never seen BBAD so I have a question. Is it exactly like the feeds where they cut off if the HGs start singing or talking about production (can't imagine they would do that on television) or do they just record a few hours of live feeds and then edit out where they have to cut the feed? Knowing the feeds, I can't imagine they could ever find a feed that goes more than 1 hour without the HGs singing or talking about production/votes/personal contacts/etc.

Actually BBAD was better then the Feeds cause they were 5 seconds ahead of the Feeds so if u was watching BBAD u was ahead of those watching the Feeds.....bout the cutting, BBAD was better cause they just switched to another camera but on the Feeds we would get Fish right away and that dumb music...most people with BBAD just taped it and watched it the next morn....the Best thing bout the Feeds is the FlashBack option where u can go back and watch anything exciting that happened... :D ...

Actually BBAD was better then the Feeds cause they were 5 seconds ahead of the Feeds so if u was watching BBAD u was ahead of those watching the Feeds.....bout the cutting, BBAD was better cause they just switched to another camera but on the Feeds we would get Fish right away and that dumb music...most people with BBAD just taped it and watched it the next morn....the Best thing bout the Feeds is the FlashBack option where u can go back and watch anything exciting that happened... :D ...

Ah that makes sense. Thanks for explaining. That sounds much more pleasant than the live feed's strategy of cutting off every single camera and blaring annoying music instead of just cutting the feed where a rule is being broken and allowing us to continue watching the other feed. How does that make any sense?