OMG Topaz blew it big time!

Alec of the shield…and the only one to throw up your sign when he came in…

I love my PVR! I was surprised not to see Peter throw up the Sheyld sign when he came in, so I immediately skipped back and watched it in slow motion. He definitely threw up the sign as soon as he entered and came to a halt. But they switched cameras just as he did so, and didn't come back to him until he had resumed walking.

and they sure did find the clip fast during the break, which didn't really prove anything to the audience because you can't see a name on the key.

As Hawknose said, you can definitely clearly see both names on the keys as she picks up Jillian's. But you have to be pretty much watching in slow motion, like I did. (And it's much clearer on my PVR than on the YouTube clip.)

Shaggy, I thought exactly that. Obviously Jillian can do as she wants because she won. However, if I was in her position, I'm pretty sure I would forfeit the win to Gary. Obviously I've never been in that position and can't say I'm 100% sure of that. However, I know myself and I like and value doing what I believe is right for me. I would not be happy with a win like that, and I would not like to take advantage/benefit from a mistake such as the one Topaz made. I want to be rewarded for my own behavior, not because of someone else's mistake. I'm pretty sure I would just say that I forfeit my win over to Gary and take second place. But, it's Jillian that won, and she can do as she wants with her win.

Do the right thing and hand over the victory to Gary???? REALLY??

Jillian did not make the mistake with the key, Topaz did. She couldn't follow the instructions and she cost Gary the game. How come nobody came to Emmett's defense when he was DQ'd for not following instructions? To say that if Jillian had any integrity she would hand the money over to Gary is absurd. When someone from another team makes a mistake we don't all go awwwwww we'll give you the win, we take advantage and claim victory, it happens all the time!

Gary will come out of this even better! He is a star with a huge heart. Having lost in the manner in which he did with the class he showed he will be even more loved by everyone and great things will happen for him! Sorry for the rant........

I agree with both the above posts.

If Jillian could forfeit the win without forfeiting the prizes, I would be behind that.

It would be a nice way of having your cake and eating it too.

As it stands, you can look at the result as being stereotypically Canadian. What other country would declare two winners?

Everyone knows that Topaz meant to vote for Gary and that this means he had the victory. But Jillian is given the prizes and one can definitely argue that her competition wins, willingness to deceive, and her social game keeping her off the block for the entirety of the season could be considered meritorious of being crowned the winner.

In all fairness, expecting Jillian to actually give up $80,000 + $25,000 gift card at The Brick + $25K to $35K vehicle after giving up 70 days of freedom under intense public scrutiny is just ludicrous. If her win was due to a clear production mistake, I could possibly understand.

And what brookteag said about Gary at the end of the post is spot on.

hahahahahaha I just watched the finale this morning and I am so happy that Topaz is such a dumba$$. I wanted Jillian to win and she did. I liked Gary some what but he was abit annoying at times and I do not believe that anyone deserves a second chance. Once they're out that front door they should stay out. He did do very well considering he was voted back in(they usually get booted right back out)and made final 2. Cheer-up Topaz every season needs one HG to make a stupid mistake thats remembered years later,I do believe you won that title this season... lol

I'm surprised really either Chevrolet or The Brick haven't thrown in an extra prize for Gary just to get some last minute publicity for themselves out of the show - as after all they were barely mentioned at all for the last three months. Indeed the one night when the car was relevent they took it out of the studio!

After watching her interview, I do truly feel bad for Topaz as well. Admittedly, it was a huge mistake. But, we all make mistakes. Some just have bigger consequences than others. I think the worst mistakes we can make are those that negatively affect others more so than ourselves. However, it seems like Gary took it like a champ, and everyone is moving on.

Btw, I wanted to briefly address brookteag's comment. I never said Jillian didn't have integrity, and I only said what I personally hope I would do in her situation. I didn't say anything negative about Jillian and, in fact, I said Jillian won and she can do whatever she wants with her win.

"When someone from another team makes a mistake we don't all go awwwwww we'll give you the win, we take advantage and claim victory, it happens all the time!"

This is an incorrect comparison. Gary did not make the mistake, and it was outside of his ability to correct the mistake. Also, I'm not sure who that "we" is that takes advantage of other's mistakes, but you should really try to speak for yourself. There are many people in the world that don't do that and, therefore, you can't just use a hypothetical "we" that doesn't really exist. If you would do that, that's absolutely fine, but use "I" statements and speak for yourself. There is no "we".

Congratulations to Jillian, she owes a lot of the win to Topaz…twice!

First for believing Jillian and giving up an important challenge to her, in a game notorious for broken promises and lies, (and then go on to blame Jillian for it), and secondly, just for being the bitter and catty queen of drama she is. lmfao!

Hope Peter enjoyed the justice…the poetic justice that is. Bitter and remaining deluded of his own self-importance to the end. Glad he didn’t disappoint!

Alec of the shield…and the only one to throw up your sign when he came in…too bad his ploy to lead Gary to a tear jerking speech didn’t sway enough votes. Looks like its back to the books for him. Study harder, muuuuch harder.

A.J, bro wannabe till then end. He was convinced that you didn’t need to win competitions to win BBC, as it is more important to have strategy and a good social game. Well then, how did that plan work for ya. Oh yeah, that’s right, first place…..in the jury house, leading the pack of the “bros” he admired so much!

And Talla, what can be said of Talla. Little fireball did everything she said she was gonna do, and did it Talla style…I did love it!

Andrew was the only one besides Emmett who asked a question that seemed actually relevant to their own vote, annnnnnnnnd, he did it with class. It was unexpected, but I was impressed!

Emmett, loved the passion and conviction from him. But more so than anything, that he also kept Jillian’s back in the jury, even through he was licking his own wounds at the time. True, tough, and the equal winner on my score sheet!

Thankfully, Emmett and Jillian had a three way alliance that neither of them knew existed with Topaz. Thankfully, Topaz was caught sleeping again, and didn’t know about it either! lol

Drummergirl. Your post rocks. Accurate, to the point and stated fairly. My thought's exactly.

Do the right thing and hand over the victory to Gary???? REALLY?? I am the biggest Gary fan, he is an amazing soul, who I thought truly found a love for each person in the house. By far my favorite person.......... in the house, but by no means does that translate to deserving to win. Jillian played a great game, she won competitions, and Emmett did not hand her those comps, she won them. She did not ride Emmets coat tails, at least no more than he rode hers. They were both safe for weeks because they were able to basically control the HOH. When Emmett wanted Peter to stay Jillian got her way and Peter left, when Emmett wanted Andrew gone he got his way. Peter and Alex voted they way they did because they hate Jillian, they are bitter and making fools of themselves. Peter is ridiculous, the guy is blinded by self importance. He says he was the best player but yet says Jillian is an idiot for getting rid of him. WHAT??? The only way she would be an idiot is if he was no threat at all and a waste of an HOH. BUt yet he keeps telling us that he controlled the game, so I guess he decided to self evict with all that control??? The guy will drown in his bitterness. Jillian did not make the mistake with the key, Topaz did. She couldn't follow the instructions and she cost Gary the game. How come nobody came to Emmett's defense when he was DQ'd for not following instructions? To say that if Jillian had any integrity she would hand the money over to Gary is absurd. When someone from another team makes a mistake we don't all go awwwwww we'll give you the win, we take advantage and claim victory, it happens all the time! Gary will come out of this even better! He is a star with a huge heart. Having lost in the manner in which he did with the class he showed he will be even more loved by everyone and great things will happen for him! Sorry for the rant........

Brookteag. Rant away if what you say makes sense. You are so very right!!! Thanks

@ solgado, when the time comes to the vote everyone picks a team. In this case if you voted Jillian you were "team" Jillian, likewise if you voted Gary. I was referring to when you play on a team, there is no I in team so the word "we" is used correctly in my rant. You can't win this game without persuading people to join your team. Sorry if you disagree but "I" am pretty sure that I am entitled to my opinion in a rant (which I clearing stated I was doing) that I wrote.

Brookteag, personally believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, rant or otherwise! But I did enjoy your rant, and I highly encourage anyone to do so. Ranting is kin to venting, and venting does everyone some good from time to time. It's a great stress/frustration reliever, and saves on all the hassles of lugging those heavy boxes of ammo up rooftops later....works for me anyway! lol.

..and thanks KayBeeRN! As you have seen, I do endulge my own need to rant at times, and try my best to be fair most of the time. But in the post you quoted, I must admit I was a bit ticked at the time, and my sarcasm slipped it's leash again....ooops! lmao!!!