BBC Overall Report Card

I am just curious to find out what everyone thought of Canada's first season of BB. While I enjoyed it for the most part, there were IMHO a lot of things that need to be worked on to improve the next season of BBC.

I want to know how everyone else here at Morty's felt about BBC. Please take a second to give some feedback here, as the execs over at BBC are also Morty's forum readers and can get some insight into next year (I made that up but it sounds cool).

Quite simply, an overall rating from everyone here at the forums. How did you enjoy the show?

For me, the season on the whole rated a

C+

I have high expectations for next season, and I will see you all back here in June for BBUS.

I agree for the most part. There were some great moments, and then there were the not so great moments and issues too. I think overall it was a great season for the BBC execs to cut their teeth on.

I was very happy to see that they started to really get on the ball and take care of the contestants needs and conditions, but next season, I would really like to see more camera attention to following the action on the feeds, rather than just watching 3/4 feeds of someone putting on make-up or taking a shower. More creative thought given to challenges would be nice to. This season seemed to depend too much on a lot of trivia and puzzles. A couple of those are alright to give everyone a chance, but too much makes it rather dull. On the plus side, the build a demon, cabin fever, and a few others were creative and fun to watch. The awards celebration was very sweet, and the skype from home thing was heartwarming to see.

Overall, I would rate this season a C+ as well. Great start, but soooooo much more could be done to improve the show.

Well thanks to the two of you who took a second to respond to this post (129 views, only 2 replies?).

I want to point out one thing that BBC did that I thought was really really cool. They kept some things in the house top secret by turning off the feeds. I thought that was great. I guess if people paid for the feeds they would probably be upset if they went off, so they probably won't do this again next year.

Also I don't watch BBC after dark so maybe even though the feeds were off, people knew what was going on in the house, but I personally had no clue, and that made for some anticipation and suspense at times, which added to the excitement. Great job on that.

For overall enjoyment, I give it a B+. I liked the collection of personalities they brought together, and I liked the fact that they weren't afraid to really follow the 'expect the unexpected' idea.

I'd give it a B overall, I thought it had some good games and different twist, just enough to be different than BBUS. My main problem was someone from jury coming back so late in the game. I'm sure it was good for ratings and BBC knew that Gary is a popular player so it was good for buisness but it was unfair to the true or first final four.jmo In the end I think the correct person won though. I will be watching again, I want to give a big thanks to all the LFU for their time and effort!

I am a proud Canadian, BBC was really good! The HG's were entertaining, the competitions good and Arisa was a very good host. 2 thumbs up to BBC. I trust we will see a BBC2 next year. PS also loved Marsha the moose and the secret tasks!

I really liked the tasks also, I hope they incorporate them into BBUS maybe instead of a moose they can have a hamster.lol

On the whole a decent first outing but with some sloppy mistakes which really let it down, but nothing that can't be easily fixed.

One of the biggest mistakes happened both on the first eviction and on the finale - they crossed to the house and in week one revealed the new nominee simply by showing who was sitting on the block before they had aired the Veto ceremony, while last night it was inevitable that if they talked to the final three they would comment on the unbroadcast parts of the HoH comp - and sure enough they did. Also not doing the live evictions live bugs me - and I can't work out why they block the feeds when they record them but then every week they came back on long enough to spoiler the eviction result before going off again.

The live feed blackouts were too frequent and unnecessary - shouldn't really be for more than an hour or two at a time, while the lengthier blackouts could have been completely avoided by scheduling events around the broadcast shows, not around when they want to do them. I'm sure Arisa isn't famous enough to only be available one night a week.

Tasks and comps on the whole were good, though when they do secret tasks they shouldn't have the HGs immediately reveal they've done a secret task. Did annoy me though how in later weeks they didn't complete the HoH comp in the live shows - unless it's an endurance comp they should always be completed in the eviction show.

Other than that it was well cast (though I think they'd have been better off with 13 HGs, dropping the week 1 eviction and a double eviction), the house was great, the host was a refreshing change and the season played out nicely enough even if it was Jemmett dominated towards the end. Twists were hit and miss but the only one that really annoyed me was Canada's Veto early on - it was a pointless twist thrown in to pointlessly save one of the most pointless HGs in BB history!

So the final mark - B+.

I would say a B so far.

Last episode where they were down to 4 and Jillian had to nominate two people by taking one key out took too long and was boring, that should have been a nomination and veto show.

Completely agree - the two shows this week were just pointless, leading up to events we knew would happen. They should have done the noms, veto and eviction live on Sunday (I'm sure it was recorded on Sunday or Monday anyway), then the first and second part of the HoH comp on Wednesday with the rest shown on Thursday.

I gave it a B before, but now it's a C for the stupidity surrounding the finale.

and what was the hostess (Arrisa?) wearing at the end. It looks like an outfit that was made by the first person kicked off of Project Runway.

Hey sorry Jedi I wasn't trying to be juvenile I was just trying to gauge the magnitude of peoples like or dislike of the season.

My turn to apologize to you, Hawknose!

I was chiming in via my mobile phone, so I kept it short.

I didn't mean that I thought no one should rate the show, I just meant that I personally do not like to give ratings.

Many times, it takes a long while after a show wraps up before I've made up my mind about how much or little I enjoyed it.

And I agree with pretty much every point Brekkie Boy made. (And come to think of it, I've agreed with Brekkie Boy on pretty much everything since 2005!)

I think it was a pretty good season. A B overall. I know a lot of folks have really been hard on BBC production, but I will like for everyone to think about the first season of BBUS. It was a lot of productions problems back then too. Here are the things I would change.

At the final POV, there is no need for a POV ceremony. It's stupid for the POV winner to give the nominees a chance to beg for him to take them off the block. The POV winner is not going to take one person down and be the replacement nominee. Just go straight to the eviction ceremony.

Increase the prize money.

I hated the moose ideal after the first event. Once the first person announces that they had a challenge and they had to get the whole house to participate to win the challenge, I am pretty sure all the HG know to participate in all future dumb ideals that the other HG wants them to participate in. I am pretty sure everyone knew that Talia's talkshow was a challenge. Peter's challenge was the only worthwhile moose challenge.

They should never pull a stunt on a house guest like the one they pulled on Topaz. Thirty minute HOH, fine. But broadcasting it to the rest of the house without the person knowing is just wrong.

Aneel, got screwed. At the very least they should always give a nominee at least 1 hour to campaign for themselves except for double eviction nights where you get about 5 minutes. But, on DE, both nominees are put up at the same time. Aneel never had a chance.