What would you like to see in Big Brother 15?

bbjag

I just found out Corner Office is back. There have been five posts with interesting details. I know they've been correct with some info in the past but we'll see how accurate they are this year. The twitter link is @15CornerOffice

Check it out! ;)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6Borders

1. NO returning HG's

2. NO Have-Have Not/SLOP (it's stupid, boring and in many cases mean and not healthy)

3. No Teams...all HG's compete for everything as a group (food, luxuries, etc)

4. Get Rid of Pandora's Box (we all know every HG is going to open it (they are prob told in DR they have to) and I am sure if one said they were not Grodner would have them in the DR really fast changing their minds and the feeds would be a whole lotta FOtH..just imagine saying "no" and Grodner has Jesse behind the box waiting to perform like a trained seal!!!)

5. Veto: if they must have it, I want to see, on camera, everyone put their name chip in the bag. Janelle said they do that off camera but we all know the HG's have to say anything production wants them to say or they are in danger of being fined per their contract! If they do it off-camera it doesn't take any more time to do it on camera right before the drawing!

6. Veto: if they must have it everyone plays

7. No more diamond (emerald, platinum or titanium) vetos and no special powers

8. Competition perks that mean something to everyone like playing for letters or something from home each week (not just for the HOH). They could throw in some of these every week for very little extra money/set building and it would give the HG's something to do besides lie around and complain all the time

9. Definitely violation penalties: Even if it's just something silly like that person has to make everyone's bed for a day, do all the laundry or some little chore it would be better than them getting away with it. X-number of violations and they would have to sit out an HOH or Veto comp

10. Fire Alison Grodner and get a producer who is not so lazy and actually cares about the show and the fans!!!

1. NO returning HG's

2. NO Have-Have Not/SLOP (it's stupid, boring and in many cases mean and not healthy)

3. No Teams...all HG's compete for everything as a group (food, luxuries, etc)

4. Get Rid of Pandora's Box (we all know every HG is going to open it (they are prob told in DR they have to) and I am sure if one said they were not Grodner would have them in the DR really fast changing their minds and the feeds would be a whole lotta FOtH..just imagine saying "no" and Grodner has Jesse behind the box waiting to perform like a trained seal!!!)

5. Veto: if they must have it, I want to see, on camera, everyone put their name chip in the bag. Janelle said they do that off camera but we all know the HG's have to say anything production wants them to say or they are in danger of being fined per their contract! If they do it off-camera it doesn't take any more time to do it on camera right before the drawing!

6. Veto: if they must have it everyone plays

7. No more diamond (emerald, platinum or titanium) vetos and no special powers

8. Competition perks that mean something to everyone like playing for letters or something from home each week (not just for the HOH). They could throw in some of these every week for very little extra money/set building and it would give the HG's something to do besides lie around and complain all the time

9. Definitely violation penalties: Even if it's just something silly like that person has to make everyone's bed for a day, do all the laundry or some little chore it would be better than them getting away with it. X-number of violations and they would have to sit out an HOH or Veto comp

10. Fire Alison Grodner and get a producer who is not so lazy and actually cares about the show and the fans!!!

I agree with no returning Houseguests as I think they have over done it the past few years. They came up with the Coaches twist last year to be able to say no returning Houseguests but in the end we all knew the intent of Grodner was to put the coaches into the game. I also agree that they should do away with the Have not's as it has been a while and I think has turned to injuring the houseguests. But I think they need to keep food restrictions because it makes the Houseguests irritable and that makes for better TV. But they should do what they did before, where the House plays for food and some of the house goes on slop and the others get full food. Then some weeks the whole plays for food for the week and there is always the possibility the whole gouse gets put on slop. I just think the food restriction makes for better TV. I agree no Teams, they tried teams before it I think it failed miserably, they also tried pairs and that was OK but the second time they went for it they brought in something else to hopefully make it better but I think just ruined it. I agree no Pandoras Box it has been done so often that it has turned predictable. Frankly the VETO is a good thing because it gives people a fighting chance to stay in the game, but I think the whole house should play for it. I think the reason they changed it to only six people playing is because they wanted a better chance of it being used, but yet again the really only time it is used is when the person who wins it is nominated. Every now and then you get it used otherwise but that is very rare. I also think they need to do more luxory and reward type competitions, I would love to see more letters from home or even a phone call from home for the houseguests.

Corner Office made a post stating the oldest house guest will be 74 years old. If they really did go with the "family" angle it would be a lot different game from what we've seen in the past. It would take a strong family to live in that house for three solid months and not be driven a little batty, even by their own family members! lol Many kids seem so detached from their families today because they are so invested in twitter, facebook, texting, etc. and not spending time with immediate family Our family always ate supper together each night and had game night at least once a week which really helped us stay bonded with the kids (we also didn't have social media then either). Taking all the regular items out of daily life where you are basically forced to talk to those around you sets up a scenario very few families will ever experience.

It could be a very interesting change. Have any of the other Big Brother shows around the world gone with the family angle? And if so, did it work? They could actually have a broader viewing audience if they do this. Hmmmm :animated_scratchchin:

not sure i am ok with someone that old being in the house again especially if it is male

seeing them trying to fit in the younger girls and being such dead weight in athletic comps regardless of gender is tough to swallow

i think 40ish to maybe 50ish if you are in good shape should be the age limit :animated_bouncy:

My biggest complaint is the same one I have been ranting about since the very beginning when they had to eat PB&J. Please please just remove have nots from the game! It is so pointless... It is so boring… It turns HGs into tired, cranky complainers who just lay in bed all day… The have not competition is the most boring/pointless 15 minutes of TV you can watch (WE DON’T CARE WHO IS EATING WHAT THIS WEEK AND WHO IS TAKING A COLD SHOWER!)… Have nots can even frustrate the HGs to the point where they become apathetic towards the game and don’t care if they go home… I want HGs that want to be there! Give them luxurious accommodations, gourmet food and lavish prizes weekly for all I care as long as it makes them want to fight their ass off to stay and give us a good show! Stop making your HGs sick and miserable! It is not good for the show! Surely, these producers can come up with a more interesting competition for the Sunday show that actually has something interesting at stake...

The point is though they need an extra competition most weeks outside of the main game play to fill time (both on the show and to give HGs something to do) - and for the reasons you've stated the food comps or Have Not comps are actually must win, not just filler. Would rather see that than crap like the "coaches competition" which we had initially last year.

I do think they could be more creative with it and I'm surprised they didn't drop Slop after the Amanda incident in BB9 - and even without that it wouldn't be a bad idea to change up the punishment food now.

The point is though they need an extra competition most weeks outside of the main game play to fill time (both on the show and to give HGs something to do) - and for the reasons you've stated the food comps or Have Not comps are actually must win, not just filler. Would rather see that than crap like the "coaches competition" which we had initially last year.

I do think they could be more creative with it and I'm surprised they didn't drop Slop after the Amanda incident in BB9 - and even without that it wouldn't be a bad idea to change up the punishment food now.

Yeah I know they need something for the Sunday episode but this is just a filler competition that may be important to win for the HGs to keep from feeling malnourished and having no energy in the other comps but it isn't one that viewers are invested in at all as it doesn't really affect who will be voted out that week. It's also irritating to think that an HG might go home because they were sick and unable to put forth their best effort in comps and campaigning rather than just being outplayed. IMO, food restrictions make perfect sense for a game like Survivor that has an element of surviving in a harsh environment and living off the land but I don't think it makes any sense for BB.

I just thought of this off the top of my head by why not replace the have not comp with a comp that determines who plays with the HOH and nominees for the veto? The HOH could host and the top 3 finishers get to play in veto instead of the random name drawing. If one of these winners is nominated, they could have the ability to choose another person that would play with them in the veto. I feel like this would make the Sunday episode comp much more exciting to watch for the viewers AND would give all the HGs the chance to avoid being backdoored.

I would like the the time they "need to fill" about the HG's that were eliminated. I always looked forward to seeing them in the Sequester house and they never show enough. Sometimes, the Sequester house is more exciting than the regular house! Before they go to the Sequester house, they could show the HG's that are now at home and what they think after watching the episodes.

From the sounds of the posts I've been reading above it would appear Big Brother needs a major make over. You can whip a dead horse for so long, ya know. Time for fresh faces AND fresh ideas. I don't mind repeating some of the games (like OTEV) but surely those bright young minds at CBS can come up with something original. Hell, rip off some ideas from Survivor if ya have to, just do something different.

End rant... :nono:

No more fast forward/double eviction weeks. I absolutely hate those.

And while we're at it- no eviction until week 2. I hate seeing someone voted out the first week (or even the first night!) before we've gotten a chance to know them.

We've endured a full season without Brenchel. It's time to bring them back.

I think i Love u Luke...ur one of a kind....we have to be the only 2 in the BB World that LOVES Brenchel !!!!!!..... :heart2: ....LOL....

And while we're at it- no eviction until week 2. I hate seeing someone voted out the first week (or even the first night!) before we've gotten a chance to know them.

we are different those are the best episodes of the whole season in my opinion

it is one of the few times that a big players that is producers favorite is able to be evicted without much the producers can do to convince the other hg's to keep them eg. jeff

it is a good change from the long predictable weeks

hg's have to think on their feet for a change

plus if the intended target survives the de it leads to great post de fights/drama if that person somehow then managed to win hoh

usually seems the person who survives de usually ends up being the very next hoh

plus funny seeing a group of folks together huddling up in room somewhere in the house or someone bossing the house around trying to secure votes on the fly :animated_bouncy:

I think i Love u Luke...ur one of a kind....we have to be the only 2 in the BB World that LOVES Brenchel !!!!!!..... :heart2: ....LOL....

Hehe I was only half joking. I do love me some Brenchel melodrama! I believe there was another person on this board last season that loved them/missed them too but they may have already been discovered and banned... you can't be too obvious with your Brenchel obsession... the moderators are always watching... they are probably reading this right now... crap...

One of the reasons I like early evictions? It shows with this game, you are making an impression with the other house guests the second you walk through that door. After all it is a GAME and if you don't have your game set before you enter that house you're probably doomed for failure. As far as the double evictions are concerned? It is the opportunity to evict the players who become too arrogant and aggressive. Some of them believe the false notion nothing can touch them because they're "running the house". Those players are fun to watch because they bring the drama but if they start pushing the other HG the wrong way they become a marked target. The results can really stir things up! :animated_bouncy:

The trouble is the double evictions now happen too often and are so inevitable they are just as predictable as the rest of the series. What I'd like to see done is a double eviction but with a change from the usual process - so either a houseguest finding themselves evicted through some other means (done in a fair way so it could be anybody) or maybe even a live Instant Eviction - effectively a double eviction episode but with no Veto as a safety net.

Perhaps one thing they could do early in the series is award one HM a secret power so that when they become HoH there will be two people evicted. The first eviction takes place as normal then the survivor will face a new nominee in a surprise second round. Or make it a rule that if the HoH wins the Veto, they will nominate a third person and they'll be a double eviction - either two rounds as above or one round with the first evictee chosen either by the HoH or the public and the second through a traditional vote.

<---- not a fan of viewers / public voting (jmho)

Lots of great ideas in this forum... damn shame none of them will probably be used :no:

yeah no coup de charity from the producers/fans to hg's who are getting their butt handed to them :newyear::animated_bouncy:

also hope no one gets evicted on the first night

it is a waste of their time and our time to even be there in the first place

waste my time even giving my preseason predictions / thoughts on jodi

while i didnt think jodi would win or be a fan favorite to leave on the first night must have sucked

i am torn on whether i liked or disliked secret alliances

it pains me when hg's are so oblivious to secret alliances when all the clues are there :animated_bouncy:

The Best "Secret" alliance was...."The Brigade"...3 out of the 4 went to the Final 3...and nobody knew especially poor Brit ...maybe Ragan had a idea cause of Matt, lol.....but to me they were the BEST alliance ever even better then ChillTown.... :notworthy: ....

We agree again! The Brigade was the best alliance (secret one at least) of all time! Anyone going into the game should study them. I don't know if I'd call Chill Town a secret alliance. Maybe in the very beginning but Boogie was out so quick that first season and in All-Stars they were completely obvious to the point of calling themselves Chilltown in front of everyone. Yet they still made it to the end of the game, which is also remarkable. Two very different styles of alliances.

The Best "Secret" alliance was...."The Brigade"...3 out of the 4 went to the Final 3...and nobody knew especially poor Brit ...maybe Ragan had a idea cause of Matt, lol.....but to me they were the BEST alliance ever even better then ChillTown.... :notworthy: ....

I would love to see Malcom Freberg (because I think he would be very good) from Survivor compete on BB15 - not so much anybody else from there that springs to mind and I would love to see several people from AR compete - there were a bunch of AR people who were nerve pluckers and they'd be great up close and personal material for BB people I love to hate.

That, and........please, no mascots in cages. I hate that.

Unless their last name is Hantz.

The Brigade was a great alliance because they were playing to a bunch of dumb-asses including themselves; else Hayden wouldn't have won. For instance; Lane. Duh! I never got past the spotlighting remark with that yahoo. One of my LEAST favorite Big Brother seasons.