What would you like to see in Big Brother 15?

bbjag

So Big Brother 15 is just a little less than two months away and have begun to think of what I would love to see on this show this season. Below are what I want to see.

1. NO RETURNING HOUSEGUESTS!!! One of the things this show used to do was come out with new and interesting twists as the season has gone on. Season four had the ex's which I felt made the show better, in season 8 there were the four houseguests that knew another person and that to me added more to the show. In season 9 it was the couples which I thought was good at first and as the season went on I think the houseguests themselves were the problem. But now it seems every season they want to bring returning houseguests back to the show and have come up with new ways to do just that which I think takes away from the new houseguests. So this season I want ALL NEW HOUSEGUESTS. But am expecting to be disappointed and have a few returning houseguests.

2. NO MORE PANDORA'S BOX!!!!! When the show first introduced Pandora's box I thought it was genius and was kind of cool but they have since used it in every season since then and quite frankly I felt it has become overdone. It is time they come up with something else.

3. BRING IN BBCAN's PHONE!!! After seeing the phone used in Big Brother Canada I felt it would be a cool thing to see in the Big Brother US house. I like the idea of having a phone in the house where when it rings the first Houseguest whi answers it gets given a task or for even a punishment. Instead of using it to give out HOH or anything like that I think they could do something like "Get these two people nominated for eviction" or the person who answers it can be placed on slop for a week or even one day even if they were the HOH. It would add something to the show.

4. GET RID OF HAVE AND HAVE NOT!!!! I have always liked the idea of people going on slop because it makes them tired and cranky and just watching some people lose it because they have been on slop for two weeks straight to me is kind of fun. The first season of the Have Not's I liked it because I thought it added to things, but now I think they have over done it and last season is a great example. The beds the Have Not's had to sleep in were so bad that there wasn't any have not's the last half of the season it seems because of it. The Houseguests health started being affected which was not what this show should be doing. So to me I think it is time that they go back to just putting people on slop.

5. HOUSE FOOD COMPETITIONS!!!! I love watching the food comps and think more can be done with them. They use to do food comps for the whole house where the house played for food for days of the week and in many of these comp they got luxory items as well which I think was kind of taken away and I think it is time to bring it back. So I say every week there is a food comp where the houseguests either compete in teams where one team is put on slop or as a whole house where they play for food for a certain day.

What would you like to see this season?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I think is long overdue is a major change to the gameplay - from season 2 to 6 they tweaked the rules every year (mainly around the Veto), but since then apart from the Veto players being randomly drawn (S6 or 7 I think) nothing has changed. The Veto definately needs shaking up as it's too dominant at the moment - there needs to be some sort of consequence of using it or attempting to backdoor someone, so I think I'd either like to see the rules changed so only those who play in the Veto can be nominated (returning to HGs picking players as they need to weigh up people competing for them vs allies being nominated) or rather than let backdooring be as predictable as it always is throw in the wildcard and let the viewers decide the replacement nominee everytime a Veto is used, removing control from the house. That would make eviction nights far less predictable.

I agree it's time to scrap the Have Nots - I think a weekly food comp where the HGs effectively compete individually to avoid Slop could work, with the twist being at the end the HoH has the option to gamble (knowing who is on slop) to win food for the entire house.

One thing I think is long overdue is a major change to the gameplay - from season 2 to 6 they tweaked the rules every year (mainly around the Veto), but since then apart from the Veto players being randomly drawn (S6 or 7 I think) nothing has changed. The Veto definately needs shaking up as it's too dominant at the moment - there needs to be some sort of consequence of using it or attempting to backdoor someone, so I think I'd either like to see the rules changed so only those who play in the Veto can be nominated (returning to HGs picking players as they need to weigh up people competing for them vs allies being nominated) or rather than let backdooring be as predictable as it always is throw in the wildcard and let the viewers decide the replacement nominee everytime a Veto is used, removing control from the house. That would make eviction nights far less predictable.

I agree it's time to scrap the Have Nots - I think a weekly food comp where the HGs effectively compete individually to avoid Slop could work, with the twist being at the end the HoH has the option to gamble (knowing who is on slop) to win food for the entire house.

I think we also need to change who plays in the POV and just return it to everyone play for it. The change was made to try to change the likleyhood that it be used, but even with the current rules the POV is used almost as much as it was when everyone was allowed to play. Also the backdoor move is a good power play in the house and therefore it needs to be kept.

The trouble is though even with the random draw the backdoor strategy has kind of over taken the initital nominations as the main way to try and get people out. I've been saying this for years but all the Veto basically needs is a greater consequence of using it - so in order to save themselves there is a consequence on the rest of the house.

I think we have to remember every move in this game can have consequences. Here's one thing I've thought about. Every couple of weeks you have a challenge which involves all the players in the house. The winner gets the prize but doesn't know what the prize is until they go to the diary room and receive it. Those prizes would consist of things which can change the game like being able to pull a player off the block at any time including eviction night, being able to take the HOH from the current occupant, being able to throw another player into solitaire for 24 hours, getting possession of the POV within 24 hours of it being used (so the current player loses it), forcing the entire house to go without food for 24 hours, etc. etc... They would have to be big moves in the game that could drastically affect the user, whether it's good or bad. They have the choice of whether they tell other players what they won or keep it secret. The other HG would be on their toes a lot more because they would worry whatever it is being used against them. They could either be given a time limit as to how soon they use it or be able to carry it with them throughout the game. If they are evicted and haven't used the power, it can possibly be passed on to someone else in private. I think the HG knowing these things are floating around the house and could affect their game would be an interesting dynamic. This show has become too predictable and something needs to change and on a drastic level. This kind of angle would play to the "expect the unexpected" but also put another layer in the game that is somewhat out of each player's hands. It wouldn't have to be these exact examples but I do like putting another element into the game which puts even more stress on the HG.

I've said it time and again NO REPEAT HGS!!! I also agree they need to do away with slop. Too many people get physically ill, not just for that one week but weeks afterward. It's abuse IMO. Get rid of it.

OK another idea just popped in my head. Going on my original concept above, once the winner of the challenge wins and goes to the diary room, they could have the option of drawing an envelope out of a group of envelopes. The prize could either be something that could change the game or simply a prize like money, a trip, a new TV, etc.... they still have the option of telling the others about their prize or not. That way the others won't know if it was a regular prize or a game changer.

One other thing I'd like to see is TPTB giving the HG things they can do in the house whether it's art projects or something they could do for a charity. They need to realize as long as we have fun things to watch there will be more people using the live feeds. There are way tooooo many hours or boring stuff that folks start tuning out and that's never good. I also agree with bbjag that they need to have the food comps again instead of have and have nots.

I think the reason they love to bring back old HGs is to get the scheming started right away. No honeymoon period when there are old HGs around.

I agree that they need tasks to do throughout the week so they're not just laying around.

The honeymoon period is good for viewers though to get to know the HGs - it's horrible having returning HGs take all the early attention.

I really think they messed up with the Dynamic Duos season - if they hadn't done that that season or the next could have been a full on All Stars and CBS could have got it out of their system for a few more years, but now they can't seem to see beyond some kind of All Star twist (as on Survivor), so I suspect we'll have another season or two which feature returning HGs in some form. I doubt we'll see another all newbie edition before a second full All Stars edition.

All new faces, no one who knows a previous Hg's.

No returning Hg's, coaches, pairs, friends.

More food comps.

Early double eviction, like week 2..

POV chooses replacement ( hopefully that will cease the throwing of comps)

There should be a way to lock the bedrooms during the day, only bedroom that stays unlock is the HOH.

If someone must return from jury, let all evicted HG compete for the chance to play again.

Please no Pandora's box

I do like diamond POVs, let them compete for it though, an endurance challenge maybe.

Everyone plays for POV.. Everyone plays for HOH even if you were last weeks HOH..

We need a fresh new game this year, because I'm about to seriously be done with this repackaged crap every single year , enough is enough.

I think we have to remember every move in this game can have consequences. Here's one thing I've thought about. Every couple of weeks you have a challenge which involves all the players in the house. The winner gets the prize but doesn't know what the prize is until they go to the diary room and receive it. Those prizes would consist of things which can change the game like being able to pull a player off the block at any time including eviction night, being able to take the HOH from the current occupant, being able to throw another player into solitaire for 24 hours, getting possession of the POV within 24 hours of it being used (so the current player loses it), forcing the entire house to go without food for 24 hours, etc. etc... They would have to be big moves in the game that could drastically affect the user, whether it's good or bad. They have the choice of whether they tell other players what they won or keep it secret. The other HG would be on their toes a lot more because they would worry whatever it is being used against them. They could either be given a time limit as to how soon they use it or be able to carry it with them throughout the game. If they are evicted and haven't used the power, it can possibly be passed on to someone else in private. I think the HG knowing these things are floating around the house and could affect their game would be an interesting dynamic. This show has become too predictable and something needs to change and on a drastic level. This kind of angle would play to the "expect the unexpected" but also put another layer in the game that is somewhat out of each player's hands. It wouldn't have to be these exact examples but I do like putting another element into the game which puts even more stress on the HG.

I've said it time and again NO REPEAT HGS!!! I also agree they need to do away with slop. Too many people get physically ill, not just for that one week but weeks afterward. It's abuse IMO. Get rid of it.

OK another idea just popped in my head. Going on my original concept above, once the winner of the challenge wins and goes to the diary room, they could have the option of drawing an envelope out of a group of envelopes. The prize could either be something that could change the game or simply a prize like money, a trip, a new TV, etc.... they still have the option of telling the others about their prize or not. That way the others won't know if it was a regular prize or a game changer.

One other thing I'd like to see is TPTB giving the HG things they can do in the house whether it's art projects or something they could do for a charity. They need to realize as long as we have fun things to watch there will be more people using the live feeds. There are way tooooo many hours or boring stuff that folks start tuning out and that's never good. I also agree with bbjag that they need to have the food comps again instead of have and have nots.

The problem with the idea above is that I think it opens the possibility of the Producers trying to affect the game. If there is a competition and someone the producers feel will be nominated wins the producers could make the prize "take the HOH away from the current HOH, or for that matter here is the POV. I have thought long and hard about the POV and how they could change it to make things a little less predictable but haven't thought of one that is fair and doesn't give the producers more of a chance to affect the outcome of the game.

All new faces, no one who knows a previous Hg's.

No returning Hg's, coaches, pairs, friends.

More food comps.

Early double eviction, like week 2..

POV chooses replacement ( hopefully that will cease the throwing of comps)

There should be a way to lock the bedrooms during the day, only bedroom that stays unlock is the HOH.

If someone must return from jury, let all evicted HG compete for the chance to play again.

Please no Pandora's box

I do like diamond POVs, let them compete for it though, an endurance challenge maybe.

Everyone plays for POV.. Everyone plays for HOH even if you were last weeks HOH..

We need a fresh new game this year, because I'm about to seriously be done with this repackaged crap every single year , enough is enough.

I actually like the idea of having an early double eviction because right now it seems the Houseguests can almost predict when a double eviction will happen. If they bring one the second or third week it would throw people off because no one would expect one right away. I also like the idea of everyone playing for Veto even though it might open it up for the POV not be used as many times. As for letting all players including the outgoing HOH to play for HOH I think is unfair in many ways. I think it opens it up for someone to be HOH three or even four times in a row because of how strong they are in the comps which basically kind of takes away from the game. I like that more the outgoing HOH not play to give another person a chance and the outgoing HOH than has to wonder if they are going to be made to pay for their nominations.

I don't like that people take naps during the day but I also think it gives others a chance to talk and many times it makes the live feeds kind of interesting. The only problem is that when everyone is taking a nap and the live feeds get boring. I would say maybe they can make a rule that no naps can take place during the day.

I really don't care for returning players but would love to see them bring in a brand new Houseguest after a few weeks. There are always a few times when they want to bring back someone else and it is always either between a evicted Houseguest or a new player, but instead of having the option of an evicted houseguest coming back in bring in someone brand new into the game after a few weeks with the stipulation that the new Houseguest loses part of the $500,000 if they win.

I am so with all of you on no returning houseguests. I realize the production staff will mess with their minds in DR, but any guest who has prepared should be aware of that. I hope there are big fans of BB who have developed strategies, and do not play too hard too fast. Many great characters get voted out too fast, but it's their own fault. I don't like the idea of the viewers voting back in players, it seems like a smarmy way for production to return a player they liked. And most of all, keep the producers mitts off the game as much as possible. They get to choose the players, the games, and the twists, any Pandora's Box or some such twist usually sucks, and guests who have worked hard in the game should be rewarded. That said, when someone seems to have complete control of the house, and someone out of their alliance or clique wins a competition, SEE: WINS A COMPETITION!! and that changes up a game, that is my favorite time.

Just thought of something extra to the POV winner chooses replacement... If someone else mentioned this already, well good on ya! Great minds think alike.

Okay, so someone wins POV.. They can choose to exercise their right to name a replacement or they can refuse to, if they choose not to name a replacement then its business as usually, HOH names replacement. So it'll go like " I have won the POV and I am using on myself or I am using it on blah blah blah and I choose not to name a replacement."

If the POV winner chooses to exercise their right to name a replacement, in turn they forfeit their right to vote on eviction night, there fore giving the HOH the right to vote on eviction night.

I see no need for Power of Veto at all or at least not every week. I would like to see one season without it or only drag it out once or twice. Big Brother needs, imo, a much more simplistic approach. You screw-up you're gone. They need to give them chores/tasks to keep them busy. I am not a fan of watching a bunch of sluggards lazing away days and nights. Hone the competitive spirit. And.....for chrissakes, no more vets.

I actually like the idea of having an early double eviction because right now it seems the Houseguests can almost predict when a double eviction will happen. If they bring one the second or third week it would throw people off because no one would expect one right away. I also like the idea of everyone playing for Veto even though it might open it up for the POV not be used as many times. As for letting all players including the outgoing HOH to play for HOH I think is unfair in many ways. I think it opens it up for someone to be HOH three or even four times in a row because of how strong they are in the comps which basically kind of takes away from the game. I like that more the outgoing HOH not play to give another person a chance and the outgoing HOH than has to wonder if they are going to be made to pay for their nominations.

I don't like that people take naps during the day but I also think it gives others a chance to talk and many times it makes the live feeds kind of interesting. The only problem is that when everyone is taking a nap and the live feeds get boring. I would say maybe they can make a rule that no naps can take place during the day.

I really don't care for returning players but would love to see them bring in a brand new Houseguest after a few weeks. There are always a few times when they want to bring back someone else and it is always either between a evicted Houseguest or a new player, but instead of having the option of an evicted houseguest coming back in bring in someone brand new into the game after a few weeks with the stipulation that the new Houseguest loses part of the $500,000 if they win.

Completely agree on the HoH - not letting them play the next week forces them to make deals and think beyond their week in charge. Also agree it would be really interesting to bring in a brand new houseguest a couple of weeks into the game and let the HGs play them for their vote. I wouldn't force them to give up any prize money, but I would do it early on - certainly no later than after the third eviction. It could be done earlier (after the first eviction), with them competing either in another location to win a place in the house or put to the public vote - that justifies them being eligible for the full prize as they would be part of the show from the beginning, just not in the house. I do think though leaving it till about week 3 or 4 is best though as send them in to early and the house will still be united enough to vote them straight out - but leave it an extra couple of weeks and they should be divided enough to care more about evicting each other than evicting the newbie.

The Veto is long overdue a change IMO. I don't agree with the Veto winner deciding the replacement nominee as I think that takes too much power from the HoH - and already the Veto is probably seen as important as HoH, especially in the latter stages). Maybe add a twist that any player can only use the Veto once in a season - or can only be Vetoed once in a series. If you did the latter that could encourage your rivals to Veto you early in the season knowing if you go up again the next week you can't save yourself.

Let's all get real here. We know how much TPTB manipulate this game. It's been so apparent with Pandora's Box and the "slips" HG have made about things being said in the diary room. The only difference is if you choose to believe it or not. I have no doubts they do what they think they have to do to continue with good ratings. That's what it's all about for them. Don't get me wrong. It completely frustrates me how much they interfere with this game but I do understand WHY they do it. That being said I don't think my original suggestion is a bad one because the producers can use it to manipulate the game. Any changes to BB is probably going to benefit the producers and not the HG. We still need some changes though. The producers need to get a dose of imagination and come up with some new twists. They do so many other cool things in BB around the world and they could take some hints from them. Either way, give us something new for this game!! ;)

Just thought of something extra to the POV winner chooses replacement... If someone else mentioned this already, well good on ya! Great minds think alike.

Okay, so someone wins POV.. They can choose to exercise their right to name a replacement or they can refuse to, if they choose not to name a replacement then its business as usually, HOH names replacement. So it'll go like " I have won the POV and I am using on myself or I am using it on blah blah blah and I choose not to name a replacement."

If the POV winner chooses to exercise their right to name a replacement, in turn they forfeit their right to vote on eviction night, there fore giving the HOH the right to vote on eviction night.

I don't like the idea of the VETO winner choosing the replacement nominee because I think it takes too much power from the HOH and esstentially you are giving a coup de tat to the VETO winner. In my mind the VETO winner should just be able to take one person off the block and the HOH should remain with the sole power to replace. Another reason for the HOH having the power to replace is it has has the potential to make trouble for the HOH as the repalcement could go after the HOH if that person were to win the vote.

I see no need for Power of Veto at all or at least not every week. I would like to see one season without it or only drag it out once or twice. Big Brother needs, imo, a much more simplistic approach. You screw-up you're gone. They need to give them chores/tasks to keep them busy. I am not a fan of watching a bunch of sluggards lazing away days and nights. Hone the competitive spirit. And.....for chrissakes, no more vets.

The dangers of not having a veto is the HOH has all the power. One of the great things is the HOH nominating two people for eviction and the one person who has vowed to come back with a vengence wins POV basically making the HOH scramble to make deals.

Completely agree on the HoH - not letting them play the next week forces them to make deals and think beyond their week in charge. Also agree it would be really interesting to bring in a brand new houseguest a couple of weeks into the game and let the HGs play them for their vote. I wouldn't force them to give up any prize money, but I would do it early on - certainly no later than after the third eviction. It could be done earlier (after the first eviction), with them competing either in another location to win a place in the house or put to the public vote - that justifies them being eligible for the full prize as they would be part of the show from the beginning, just not in the house. I do think though leaving it till about week 3 or 4 is best though as send them in to early and the house will still be united enough to vote them straight out - but leave it an extra couple of weeks and they should be divided enough to care more about evicting each other than evicting the newbie.

The Veto is long overdue a change IMO. I don't agree with the Veto winner deciding the replacement nominee as I think that takes too much power from the HoH - and already the Veto is probably seen as important as HoH, especially in the latter stages). Maybe add a twist that any player can only use the Veto once in a season - or can only be Vetoed once in a series. If you did the latter that could encourage your rivals to Veto you early in the season knowing if you go up again the next week you can't save yourself.

I actually quite like the idea of the VETO only being able to be used once per person. It shakes the game up and makes people seriously think before they use the VETO.

I would like to see no returning house guests but I have a feeling that this is working for survivor so I think unfortunately we will see some old faces. I enjoyed Big Brother Canada I would love to see something like the talking moose heads. I would also like to see them hand out punishments for breaking the rules. Especially for singing. I think they should get 1 warning and after that be put on slop or something. They have it figured out what they can do to cut the live feeds and they all do it multiple times.

Janis: "I would also like to see them hand out punishments for breaking the rules. Especially for singing. I think they should get 1 warning and after that be put on slop or something."

Janis... I think I post every year about the singing.

Seems to me with all that time on their hands some of them wouldn't slap together some of their own lyrics if they

have the urge to sing.

BUT then, of course, there's always the HG's that like to stop the feeds to yank the FEED folks chains.

Agree there should be some type of punishment for the HGs that do it.

But - sadly it's been mentioned many times and the producers haven't picked up on the viewers suggestion(s).

Janis: "I would also like to see them hand out punishments for breaking the rules. Especially for singing. I think they should get 1 warning and after that be put on slop or something."

Janis... I think I post every year about the singing.

Seems to me with all that time on their hands some of them wouldn't slap together some of their own lyrics if they

have the urge to sing.

BUT then, of course, there's always the HG's that like to stop the feeds to yank the FEED folks chains.

Agree there should be some type of punishment for the HGs that do it.

But - sadly it's been mentioned many times and the producers haven't picked up on the viewers suggestion(s).

i agree but I was hoping this year since Big Brother Canada did have punishments for breaking the rules that maybe they would get a clue and decide that it would be a little more entertaining if the house guests were punished. I am always irritated during the summer when they are constantly saying Please stop singing or Stop that. They are like little children it goes in one ear and out the other. So I think you should treat them like children LOL! Oh well I like that we are getting it two weeks earlier but I am afraid they are advertising more house guests which means more returning players and I hope its not Jesse or Frank or Boogie or Rachel and the list goes on and on.

I don't like the idea of the VETO winner choosing the replacement nominee because I think it takes too much power from the HOH and esstentially you are giving a coup de tat to the VETO winner. In my mind the VETO winner should just be able to take one person off the block and the HOH should remain with the sole power to replace. Another reason for the HOH having the power to replace is it has has the potential to make trouble for the HOH as the repalcement could go after the HOH if that person were to win the vote.

The dangers of not having a veto is the HOH has all the power. One of the great things is the HOH nominating two people for eviction and the one person who has vowed to come back with a vengence wins POV basically making the HOH scramble to make deals.

I actually quite like the idea of the VETO only being able to be used once per person. It shakes the game up and makes people seriously think before they use the VETO.

So for the entire season you only have one chance to save yourself with the Veto? Say what now?

If they sing, even if its one time, that HG has to be on slop for a week or better yet the entire house goes on slop for a week. They can be warned pre-showtime about this punishment.. I bet you that would cease all singing.

I like a lot of the suggestions and see the points some of you make about effects of losing POV, etc..... I am in 100% agreement with punishment being meted-out when they break the rules. I tend to like things to move forward quickly. It is fun to see new alliances form and fade because of one thing or another. Mostly, I would like to see them stay busy and have difficult challenges. I think that the slop thing is silly. I also think that they should borrow, somehow, from Survivor and have some version of hidden idols rather than POV. Am I wrong in remembering that once upon a time they only had Golden Power of Veto and it was used sparingly? The problem with Big Brother, as I see it, is that with the current format; there exists way too much opportunity for production to have a hand in the ultimate outcome. I realize that there is much pro and con on this subject but I don't like the possibility. I would rid the show of that, most of all.