Alec Beall HG Discussion Thread

morty

Big-Brother-Canada-Alec.jpgName: Alec Beall

Hometown: Vancouver, BC

Three adjectives that describe you: Complicated, balanced and confident

Why did you want to be on Big Brother Canada?

I’ve always liked the show and really got into it once I saw Dr. Will on the American version. Dr. Will is my role model – this guy’s dope. Watching him compete so masterfully in season two inspired me to pursue a career in social psychology. I love getting into people’s minds – this is where I should be.

Do you have a strategy going into the house?

I don’t want to be perceived as a threat – I want to fly under the radar – but that’s just not me. So, who knows? I want to find one person that I’ll be entirely loyal to, probably one of the dumb people in the house because they’re more bound by loyalty and honour – creative and intelligent people can’t be trusted.

Will you hide anything about yourself from the other houseguests?

Nothing. I won’t have as much fun if I’m hiding anything.

Do you think that the physical or mental challenges will be more difficult for you?

Neither will be difficult for me. I’ve watched the show and there really isn’t a challenge I’ve seen that I wouldn’t excel at.

What’s your biggest pet peeve?

Snoring – get a nasal strip, man. There’s no excuse. Seriously, I will turn on people if they snore.

• 4 weeks later...

So, is Alec milking penisgate for all it's worth or is he sincerely that upset about it?

Side note: I'm concerned about Tom's apparent belief that not wearing a shirt means you want millions of people to see your junk.

You can't go on a show like Big Brother and get all precious about that sort of thing - and in making an issue of it he's just making an incident that otherwise wouldn't get a mention be one of the key stories they'll probably run with.

As for Tom - in this case it was nothing more than a prank that backfired. I don't think anyone could have foreseen that such an incident would leave Alec in tears.

I don't know what to think. It was dumb of Tom but still innocent enough, a guy thing to do and I don't believe it was caught on camera anywhere.

I have a hard time believing Alec's reaction was genuine but if not he is a GOOD actor, I just don't personally see the action justifying the reaction by a 20 something male.

That said tom did apologize, a few times, when he did realize how badly Alec took it...

What was with his goodbye messages last night? He told Tom that he was evicting him because he insulted his personal hero Will Kirby? Errr, okay. Not only did that sound extremely idiotic in my opinion, but he might as well have told the truth, right? And to Liza...you're weird and I don't like you? Way to be creative there!

You can't go on a show like Big Brother and get all precious about that sort of thing - and in making an issue of it he's just making an incident that otherwise wouldn't get a mention be one of the key stories they'll probably run with.

As for Tom - in this case it was nothing more than a prank that backfired. I don't think anyone could have foreseen that such an incident would leave Alec in tears.

Seeing that this story refuses to die, I'll gladly add my two cents worth...damn I mean a nickel's worth...two pennies is 0 these days...lol

If you take the time to go back and look at the tape and Tom's actions and words before the "prank" and those after, he clearly did it to try to get back at Alec for not using the veto. It wasn't light hearted and meant to be fun...it was very clearly meant to be mean. Enough said.

Telling Emmett that he wants to take Peter to the end instead of him. Well played Alec. Telling Andrew he would fight to save Peter if they were on the block together. Another nice maneuver! Why doesn't he go tell Topaz he wants her out soon too while he's being so honest and upfront with everyone?

Telling Emmett that he wants to take Peter to the end instead of him. Well played Alec. Telling Andrew he would fight to save Peter if they were on the block together. Another nice maneuver! Why doesn't he go tell Topaz he wants her out soon too while he's being so honest and upfront with everyone?

Well said - talk about putting a target on your back - well he just handed over the proverbial gun. Topaz (if its possible that she would be loyal) would be more loyal to Gary than she would to Alec. We've seen what happens to people who get too cocky in this game.

Well said - talk about putting a target on your back - well he just handed over the proverbial gun. Topaz (if its possible that she would be loyal) would be more loyal to Gary than she would to Alec. We've seen what happens to people who get too cocky in this game.

I agree. The only person Alec really has is Peter, and he shouldn't be advertising that fact. He doesn't have Topaz, you can tell that she is just using him to get further and doesn't really care much. I am sure she is sick of him after the iPod incident. He was so whiny.

Seeing that this story refuses to die, I'll gladly add my two cents worth...damn I mean a nickel's worth...two pennies is 0 these days...lol

If you take the time to go back and look at the tape and Tom's actions and words before the "prank" and those after, he clearly did it to try to get back at Alec for not using the veto. It wasn't light hearted and meant to be fun...it was very clearly meant to be mean. Enough said.

Yes, from the footage broadcast certainly wasn't the innocent prank that it first appeared. However also from the broadcast footage Tom was stood in front of the cubicle when it was opened so nothing could have been caught on camera anyway.

Anyhow, with Tom gone I think Alec is in danger of turning from the good guy to the bad guy - maybe power really does go to peoples heads in BB but since he won the Veto then HoH I've found him far less likeable.

Yes, from the footage broadcast certainly wasn't the innocent prank that it first appeared. However also from the broadcast footage Tom was stood in front of the cubicle when it was opened so nothing could have been caught on camera anyway.

Anyhow, with Tom gone I think Alec is in danger of turning from the good guy to the bad guy - maybe power really does go to peoples heads in BB but since he won the Veto then HoH I've found him far less likeable.

No spoilers here, but it will be interesting to see how things go with the new HOH - I don't think he or she will show their true colours yet.

I agree, he is already starting to get pretty cocky with each win.

I find it hard to take him seriously. He tries to act all sensitive (Re: after Tom's prank and with his cuddle-mance) but that seems to be act and he never wears a shirt, something about that just bothers me haha.