Sign in to follow this  
Guest 6Borders

Probst & Tribal Council

Guest 6Borders

Is it just me (that is actually rhetorical) or has Jeff been more and more obvious about manipulating tribal council each season???

Seriously, comments like "you are looking right at Reynold.."aka the rest of you are too stupid to see he has the idol, so I'm pointing it out to you so you can vote off the idiot (other than me, cos I'm the producer and I want who I want out and this might change your vote to get me what I want) who just outed the guy with the idol!

I vote for a Survivor Shake-Up...tribal council WITHOUT Probst!!!

I have tried to figure out why some people dislike the returning players so much and take the mechanics of the game so seriously. To that person I think they view the game as if they were the contestant and always want things to play out with zero manipultaion.

Just me - I just watch the shows for entertainment. Not to say I haven't gotten wrapped up in rooting for my favorite players. I do think I have evolved and don't expect or care about a fair game from production.

Is it fair for Probst to manipulate? No. The question is does it add to the entertainment? for me it does not.

Is it fair for Probst to manipulate? No. The question is does it add to the entertainment? for me it does not.

Bingo.

With the show on sooo many seasons - it was probably TPTB's idea of RAMPING it up so viewers will continue to

watch.

Some will like, some won't

(or maybe some Tribal Councils are so dull that Probst has to step in to make it interesting for the viewers)

Personally I like it. Otherwise TC would be as stupidly dull as the rest of the show's become.

Guest 6Borders

I have tried to figure out why some people dislike the returning players so much and take the mechanics of the game so seriously. To that person I think they view the game as if they were the contestant and always want things to play out with zero manipultaion.

Just me - I just watch the shows for entertainment. Not to say I haven't gotten wrapped up in rooting for my favorite players. I do think I have evolved and don't expect or care about a fair game from production.

Well, on the other hand (and I am entitled to my opinion same as everyone. or at least I think so) I have no clue why people LIKE returning players so much. It's BORING and more and more it seems like these reality shows are just taking the easy way out to keep the Boston Rob's coming until they win and they are willing to put a bunch of set-up-to-fail castaways to make sure the Boston Rob's win. They might as well just have a show about people shooting fish in a barrel.

This is not pro Sports where you play a different team every week, this is supposed to be a "once in a lifetime" experience and I just can't believe that Survivor/CBS are actually running out of applicants...unless people have it so figured out that a Boston Rob or a Hantz are slated to win that they quit applying.

I DO NOT view the game as a contestant, never have, never will but I can spot obvious an island away! This is supposed to be "reality" not "scripted" TV, but scripted it has become. If you like it fine, if not you are entitled to your opinion.

Well, on the other hand (and I am entitled to my opinion same as everyone. or at least I think so) I have no clue why people LIKE returning players so much. It's BORING and more and more it seems like these reality shows are just taking the easy way out to keep the Boston Rob's coming until they win and they are willing to put a bunch of set-up-to-fail castaways to make sure the Boston Rob's win. They might as well just have a show about people shooting fish in a barrel.

This is not pro Sports where you play a different team every week, this is supposed to be a "once in a lifetime" experience and I just can't believe that Survivor/CBS are actually running out of applicants...unless people have it so figured out that a Boston Rob or a Hantz are slated to win that they quit applying.

I DO NOT view the game as a contestant, never have, never will but I can spot obvious an island away! This is supposed to be "reality" not "scripted" TV, but scripted it has become. If you like it fine, if not you are entitled to your opinion.

Who says it's supposed to be a once in a lifetime experience? Personally I don't care if they have return players so long as they're not dull like this group of bores. Hell the fans are so vanilla it's pathetic. When I think of scripted I think of those retarded shows like Storage Wars or Repo blah blah

Either way... I figure if someone's watching--- they like it complaints and all.

Guest 6Borders

Who says it's supposed to be a once in a lifetime experience? Personally I don't care if they have return players so long as they're not dull like this group of bores. Hell the fans are so vanilla it's pathetic. When I think of scripted I think of those retarded shows like Storage Wars or Repo blah blah

Either way... I figure if someone's watching--- they like it complaints and all.

Wicked, admit it...you just like to shake things up (Survivor should hire you to cast the show...then we would see what those people really are made of...LOL!!)

Wicked, admit it...you just like to shake things up (Survivor should hire you to cast the show...then we would see what those people really are made of...LOL!!)

They wouldn't last a day.

They wouldn't last a day.

Unless, that is Wicked, you are able to pick the cast. That would definately be jacked up! :help:

Unless, that is Wicked, you are able to pick the cast. That would definately be jacked up! :help:

on the subject of casting: I suspect that they are so into psychology and some notion of what the fans will like and eye candy and looking for a balance that includes one older woman one older man an odd long hair an odd nerd and then all the playboy/girl types they can fill o and let's not forget a sprinkle of some darker folks with or without Asian or Latin origins...that they have a lock on the types and we are bored due to the fact that they are the same people over and over whether fan or fav Ifor one can not remember most of them.

Guest 6Borders

It's always obvious to me that Probst has his favorites!

It's always obvious to me that Probst has his favorites!

Ya think? He has such contempt for people he thinks are not "digging deep" or who are not quick enough or strong enough. I'd love to see him put to any of these physical challenges.

I love Jeff's commentarys. If a person is being slow and lazy then call them out. This is not a game for pansies.

I would so rip on players. Put ME in...............

You both would, but I don't like it coming from the moderator, would prefer the contestants would speak up. mealy mouthed bunch

You both would, but I don't like it coming from the moderator, would prefer the contestants would speak up. mealy mouthed bunch

Jeff is NOT a moderator. He is part of the entertainment. I love that he speaks up and calls them out when they are screwing up.

Jeff is NOT a moderator. He is part of the entertainment. I love that he speaks up and calls them out when they are screwing up.

I have to agree with you Marty. If Jeff didn't speak out tribal would be boring. I just don't care for it when he calls out a secret on someone. I don't think it's fair to do that, regardless of the entertainment value.

I have to agree with you Marty. If Jeff didn't speak out tribal would be boring. I just don't care for it when he calls out a secret on someone. I don't think it's fair to do that, regardless of the entertainment value.

I like when he points out the tensions among the players, but not when he reveals a secret because that is interfering with the secret holder's game play. I do not like when he shows favoritism, because he is a moderator even if he is part of the entertainment.

I don't like it. It's as if they are being interrogated by jeff probst and it is ridiculous. Just another example of how determined production is to meddle with......production.

I like when he points out the tensions among the players, but not when he reveals a secret because that is interfering with the secret holder's game play. I do not like when he shows favoritism, because he is a moderator even if he is part of the entertainment.

I guess there's a fine line when Jeff talks to the jury. Granted, if he didn't ask questions they would all dummy up and there's no entertainment in that. But, at the same time he should not reveal info that some of the tribe may not know about just for entertainment. That could seroiusly mess with someones game plan. That to me that is where Jeff crosses the line, on a regular basis. If I got voted out because of something Jeff revealed at TC I would be highly pissed. Probably spend the next few weeks reading my contract!!

I guess there's a fine line when Jeff talks to the jury. Granted, if he didn't ask questions they would all dummy up and there's no entertainment in that. But, at the same time he should not reveal info that some of the tribe may not know about just for entertainment. That could seroiusly mess with someones game plan. That to me that is where Jeff crosses the line, on a regular basis. If I got voted out because of something Jeff revealed at TC I would be highly pissed. Probably spend the next few weeks reading my contract!!

I agree and you know they have it all sewed up in that contract.

Agree. It's as if he gives them once chance to speak-out and if they don't he pretty much puts them on notice that they aren't going anywhere near that vote box until they lay it ALL on the line. I don't like it and I don't like redemption island. I think they should revert to the original format. AR is messing-around with things, as well. As did BB. I like them voted-off; adios, go home.