Guest 6Borders

Anthony and Bates

Guest 6Borders

Anthony and Bates

bates_anthony.jpg

Name: Anthony Battaglia

Hometown: Raleigh, N.C.

Connection to your teammate: Brother

Current occupation: Professional Hockey Player. I currently play for the Huntsville Havoc.

Describe what you do: I’m a professional hockey player and bar owner on the side.

3 words to describe you: Strong-willed, loud and athletic.

Favorite hobbies: Bowling, TV & movies and extreme sports.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? I’ve played in 600 pro hockey games and won a championship this past season with the New Jersey Outlaws.\

What famous person reminds you of yourself? Prince William

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? He is famous! He played in the NHL.

What scares you most about traveling? Flying and being around strangers.

What excites you most about traveling? Going to new places.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: We are very competitive with each other and we always try to beat each other at everything.

Pet peeve about your teammate: He is always putting me down.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Italy, because it is so beautiful and my grandparents are from there.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I want to show my brother that I can win. Plus, the prizes would be nice.

Name: Bates Battaglia

Hometown: Raleigh, N.C.

Connection to your teammate: Brother

Current occupation: Former Professional Hockey Player

Describe what you do: Played professional hockey and own a bar on the side. Played for Carolina Hurricanes, Colorado Avalanche, Washington Capitals and Toronto Maple Leafs.

3 words to describe you: Competitive, strong-willed and confident.

Favorite hobbies: Golf, hiking and TV

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Playing in the Stanley Cup Finals.

What famous person reminds you of yourself? Myself.

What famous person reminds you of your teammate? Prince William.

What scares you most about traveling? The language barrier.

What excites you most about traveling? Seeing new things and meeting new people.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on The Race together: We are close but we fight at times and are competitive with each other.

Pet peeve about your teammate: He’s lazy.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? Italy and Scotland, because I’m Italian and Scottish.

What do you hope to accomplish by running The Race (other than winning one million bucks)? I think it would be a great way to see the world while having fun and competing.

Guest 6Borders

Definitely my FAVS!!!

I love ice hockey so that's a plus, but they just seem like great guys!!

Guest 6Borders

I was so happy for them yesterday. Definitely pulling for them all the way to the million!

I'm sure Amazing Race takes a lot of precautions but I don't think I would have wanted to waterski a mile thru croc-infested waters!

I'm happy they're still in first but I would have liked seeing Anthony wipe out a few times on the water skis. That stuff makes me laugh.

It's not often that my favorite team from day 1 ends up winning TAR. I'm so happy they won. They were charming, funny, strategic, and I cannot think of a single time I saw them fight or argue. I usually don't root for the alpha male teams but these guys were so likeable. Congrats boys. Well done.

I'm with you jersey721, my favorite team never wins. I didn't want the couple to win, just annoying. Very proud of the hockey brothers, very likable, got annoyed at one another at the last challenge, that seemed real and understandable, I was very happy and surprised they won.

Guest 6Borders

Awesome!!! I'm so happy they won and it was by a good margin!

It's the first time my favorite team won since Chip & Kim!!!