Slowpoke

"Survivor: Caramoan" (Fans vs Favorites)

I think it will be pairs - either pairs related (blood) or just good friends (water)

Not a clue where it will be.

I thought I saw everyone except Hantz.

Were the other players in the audience? I wasn't playing really close attention, so maybe they did show the other players in the audience and I didn't see them.

Survivor needs to get back to it's roots. No returning players, no redemption island, better hidden idols and a final two with 7 on the jury. Oh yeah, and someone wins a car!!

rumor mill says Hayden Moss from Big Brother will be on Survivor and my related blood vs non related is the next concept

Guest 6Borders

Survivor needs to get back to it's roots. No returning players, no redemption island, better hidden idols and a final two with 7 on the jury. Oh yeah, and someone wins a car!!

TOTALLY AGREE!! I am so sick of Survivor/CBS ego-stroking their little faves!

If Hayden Moss plays I will have someone to immediately root against!

I remember after the first All-Stars, Jeff Probst said in hindsight, it wasn't a very good idea and thought the game was best played by new people. I guess the producers didn't agree with him. Pretty much every season for the past few years has been some kind of hybrid-All Stars of bringing back previous cast members, and it looks like they plan to continue it..... IMHO the reason they do it every season now is because it gets the TV audience watch from 1st episode and stay watching, rather than skip the first several episodes and watch only the the final few episodes when the game gets hardcore\mean\nasty\

ruthless.

I love redemption island and like some of the return visitors but this time they did not bring back exciting players.

I think CBS is afraid to do something different. They are in the lead in prime time and they're too scared to rock the boat. They have to play it safe so they believe bringing back repeats will keep the ratings up. I also think that's why they do the same thing over and over with BB. If they had more faith in their brand they'd step out and take chances. Survivor has been on a long time and I don't know if those ratings have been consistent through the years but I'd guess they have. It's a shame they keep doing this kind of thing.

I think they should take 1-2 years off. After 2 years it will seem fresh again no matter what they do.

I personally prefer not having returning players because when they do that, its highly suggestive that the game is being slanted in the favor those who return.

Imagine if they brought back Boston Rob again as a player, you can bet CBS and the producers would want to see him go very far into the game, so they would taylor the game to give him the best chances to going far. They would create competitions where he have a good chance of winning, they put people on his tribe that would most likely follow his lead and not vote him out. They would not want to see him voted out before the jury because the ratings would drop significantly once he was voted out, and the bottom line is always ratings. It would like having the Star of the season be gone, thus audience would be less interested to watch.

I have lost all respect for Boston Rob. Instead of chastising Phillip for misrepresenting Rob's gameplay, he shamlessly plugs his new book AND practically insinuates that Phillip was his muse. Sad, just sad.

I think CBS is afraid to do something different. They are in the lead in prime time and they're too scared to rock the boat. They have to play it safe so they believe bringing back repeats will keep the ratings up. I also think that's why they do the same thing over and over with BB. If they had more faith in their brand they'd step out and take chances. Survivor has been on a long time and I don't know if those ratings have been consistent through the years but I'd guess they have. It's a shame they keep doing this kind of thing.

I agree. Even so, I watched the show with Boston Rob because I liked Boston Rob and wanted him to win. What that says of me; I won't begin to examine. That said, I much prefer Amazing Race - generally, unless they bring losers from sister shows (that clearly hasn't worked well on AR) - over the current Survivor. I'm thinking that I am just weary of the show. Ditto, pretty much, for Big Brother. They've allowed those two shows to languish in the wallow of production teams long past their due date; for me, anyway. Like Moxie says, ratings must be consistent with some audience. I just don't watch it all that much anymore. IMO, Survivor needs more good-looking men and women and Big Brother needs a total overhaul.

I agree. Even so, I watched the show with Boston Rob because I liked Boston Rob and wanted him to win. What that says of me; I won't begin to examine. That said, I much prefer Amazing Race - generally, unless they bring losers from sister shows (that clearly hasn't worked well on AR) - over the current Survivor. I'm thinking that I am just weary of the show. Ditto, pretty much, for Big Brother. They've allowed those two shows to languish in the wallow of production teams long past their due date; for me, anyway. Like Moxie says, ratings must be consistent with some audience. I just don't watch it all that much anymore. IMO, Survivor needs more good-looking men and women and Big Brother needs a total overhaul.

That's easy. Just recruit Abercrombie & Fitch employees.

I usually don't even watch Survivor but a friend of mine was telling me about Cochran so I tuned in to the last four shows. The only season I watched in completion was season 2. It really doesn't hold my attention that much but I did love seeing the person that most people wouldn't have chosen end up winning. At least that's what my friend tells me. lol

A big LOL to jersey721. Nice comeback. :lol:

I enjoy having return players to root for or against from the get go, but would prefer it happened less frequently.

i heard that it was going to be past survivors competing against their family members. I am not sure how they would pull that one off but it does sound interesting my first guess when I saw the blood and water was family but wasn't sure exactly how that would work. I enjoyed this season of survivor so hoping next season is just as entertaining as this one.

I liked redemption island but otherwise agree

There is a saying that blood is thicker than water...so I would guess it is a game where there are family members on different teams and the ??? is whether people will favor their relative or their team.