Slowpoke

"Survivor: Caramoan" (Fans vs Favorites)

Yes, Malcolm was a clear favorite and one of four who (IMHO) the producers selected to be a potential winner, just as he was in the previous season.

It is interesting how the certain players do have a high rate of finding idols. I got to thinking about this and wondered how this could happen so frequently you almost think the producers leak info to some players, but not others. I don't believe Survivor producers go as far as directly helping certain players because ultimately such cheating would leak out, and Survivor would crash & burn just like Lance Armstrong. What I suspect the producers do is get to know certain selected players very well, and watch on video where those players tend to naturally look\search, as well as where other players do not, thus the odds increase scientifically that one player will find the idol and other players will not.

In real time as the game was played, I do suspect that once Malcolm was gone, the producers turn their efforts alter the game to Cochran advantage, such as focusing on having competitions where he has a better chance of winning immunity. In the end, they want to have popular\likable player win Suvivor. They can do a lot work in editing to make someone look good, but at the same time, the remaining players weren't selected because they had winning survivor qualities, they were selected because they would be entertaining to watch, self-destruct, and\or help by being a pawn.

and why would they pick someone like Sherrie? She comes with nothing..... and Eddie being part of the 3 Musketeers was his only entertainment value. He is now a boring blob like most of the rest of them.

and why would they pick someone like Sherrie? She comes with nothing..... and Eddie being part of the 3 Musketeers was his only entertainment value. He is now a boring blob like most of the rest of them.

they don't pick anyone

moot point just to not carry through with the win

I remember Jeff (more-or-less) saying several seasons ago that sometimes people have great screening interviews before being selected to play the game, and then become a wall flower (pawn) once they start playing, and\or it turns out the game was much more than the person could handle. In other words, they didn't turn out to be good at playing Survivor and didn't get much air time. For those who get very little air time mean at least a couple of things, 1) they won't be in the final three, and 2) other players had more compelling personalities. No doubt a lot of good footage never makes its on air simply because each episode is 42-43 minutes, plus I am sure a lot of good footage is ruined by player's use of foul language and other acts that are unsuitable for primetime TV.

I remember during BB All Stars, Boogie and Dr. Will decided to do all kinds anti-TV stuff which was OK for the feeds, but no way was suitable for TV. It lasted maybe 24-48 hours, then suddenly without explanation on the feeds, they suddenly stopped; pretty sure the producers told them knocked it off or they'd be removed from the game.

Anyone know what happened to Eric and his brother during the luxury competition/

They were by far in the lead, with 1 of 3 tosses completed, then there is no more info about them, and even those who were several minutes behind seem to have caught up. Maybe it was just bad editing to make it see more dramatic, but it seemed like Eric had it won or would have been a close second if he did loose.

Did I miss something, did they get disqualified?

I was wondering the same thing. It was odd that Jeff wasn't at least commenting on Erik having the lead and not being able to land any more tosses.

How about during the immunity challange when Dawn and Brenda were the only two left. The camera was on a close up of Brenda struggeling to hang on and her right bra strap had fallen off her shoulder. The camera switches to Dawn and then back to Brenda where her strap is now back on top of her shoulder. I wonder if Jeff had a hand in that? :sherlockani:

Finale Press Release ....

WITH ONE MILLION DOLLARS WITHIN ARM’S REACH, ONE CASTAWAY FALLS VICTIM TO A HEARTBREAKING MEDICAL EMERGENCY, ON THE TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE OF "SURVIVOR: CARAMOAN – FANS VS. FAVORITES," FOLLOWED BY THE LIVE ONE-HOUR REUNION SHOW, SUNDAY, MAY 12

"Last Push” — With the title of Sole Survivor on the line and $1 million within arm’s reach, one castaway falls victim to a heartbreaking medical emergency, on the two-hour season finale of SURVIVOR: CARAMOAN – FANS vs. FAVORITES, followed by the live one-hour reunion show hosted by Emmy Award winner Jeff Probst, Sunday, May 12 (8:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network

Over the years I have seen them edit things out of order generally to create dramatic tension, such as make the competition look loser than it is. Sometimes when its a clear blow out, they don't try, but when its reasonably close, they make it seems like its extremely close when it really wasn't and the winning team\person knew they had it won before it crossing the finishing line. And its pretty well known now that they have used stunt actors in the past to recreate some segment of the competitions.

Here is the 4-5 minute Luxury competition where Erik and his brother have the lead, then are never are mentioned again. It's possible that Erik suddenly changed his mind and decided he did not want to win, and quit playing. It's hard to understand why Jeff never made any further comments about Erik's efforts in the competition.

[media=]

Echo: " its pretty well known now that they have used stunt actors in the past to recreate some segment of the competitions."

I've never heard of this before. Am I the only one?

Didn't get the memo I guess. :huh:

Echo: " its pretty well known now that they have used stunt actors in the past to recreate some segment of the competitions."

I've never heard of this before. Am I the only one?

Didn't get the memo I guess. :huh:

It was leaked pretty early on during the first couple of seasons that stunt double\actors were used. Example, during high arial shots of a competition taken from a airplane or hellicopter, those often are recreations because you can't see any of the production crew. During the actual competition, the production crew are everywhere, just out of sight of camera.

And in general, Reality TV isn't as real as it appears. Its best to think of Reality TV more like watching a magic show, where there is a lot illusions created that seem real, but aren't. Not to suggest that game isn't real, just some of the stuff shown isn't. We aren't watching a documentary. :)

The best example I can think of is the original "The Apprentice , which seems like survivor, but is very different in one aspect: The Apprentice (or a couple of candidates) are selected in advance, and the entire show is about putting The Apprentice through a series of tests. In other words, the winner was pre-chosen before the game even started, its not even a real game, it just made to seem that way. Survivor is a different, and is a real competition for 1 million, but it still has its own secrets which are not revealed because if revealed, it would make the game less fun to watch. :)

Brandon Hantz won’t be present for the Survivor Caramoan reunion on Sunday, having apparently been told he cannot attend by CBS and/or the show’s producers. Meanwhile, Russell Hantz has threatened Phillip Sheppard, even suggesting he’ll go to jail as a result of whatever he does to Phillip....

Brandon Hantz won’t be present for the Survivor Caramoan reunion on Sunday, having apparently been told he cannot attend by CBS and/or the show’s producers. Meanwhile, Russell Hantz has threatened Phillip Sheppard, even suggesting he’ll go to jail as a result of whatever he does to Phillip....

Little Hantz is too unpredictable for a live show. Doubtful he would harm anyone with so many people and security present, but he could ruin the live show by never shutting up, and using the F bomb too the point they would have to remove him anyway. Bet being told "Sorry, you're too unstable to be on the live show" was a huge blow to his ego. Kinda hard to believe this very immature guy is married and has kids of his own. His wife must have a mouse of personality willing to do whatever he says without question.

There is a good chance we got to see only a fraction of what really happened during this season while he was still around. What we saw on TV was a bit tame and really didn't justify having him thrown off, but it was clear that a lot more hand happened and everyone on his team wanted him to go and would were willing to throw the competition in order to get the little wacko gone before he went any further off the deep deep end.

Let's face facts. Survivor has turned itself into a clichéd, motley crew. I only watched a few episodes this go-round. I like new and just do not understand why they are doing this again and again and again.

I haven't decided if pickings are that slim because the thrill of Survivor's worn off or if production's just tanked.

When they were doing the rehash of past players, did they skip Andrea or did I just zone out and miss her minute?

NEXT Survivor -- blood ( family ) vs water ( strangers )

When they were doing the rehash of past players, did they skip Andrea or did I just zone out and miss her minute?

She was there, right after Malcolm I believe.

I think this was the first reunion show where they did not bring back everyone (other than season when a couple weren't invited). Probably makes for a better show just having the jury.

I sure hope Survivor just didn't jump the shark. Cochran wasn't expected win, but he did, and I suppose we can be thankful he did because if Sherri or Dawn had won, fans would start watching TVLAND reruns.

I thought I saw everyone except Hantz.

Anyone guess the location of the next Survivor from Jeff's clue? No one I was watching with had any idea. I think it has nothing to do with location. My guess is that it is an all-female cast and they're all on their period.

Anyone guess the location of the next Survivor from Jeff's clue? No one I was watching with had any idea. I think it has nothing to do with location. My guess is that it is an all-female cast and they're all on their period.

I think it is the dye used in India for Divali festival of lights and that fits with the music they played with it. So my guess would be India or Bali, somewhere that dye is used as part of the Hindu culture.

Guest 6Borders

Blood vs. Water pretty much spells returning players (who are out for blood because of something that happened on a past season) JMHO!!

PERFECT description of her was a HILLBILLY GOLLUM

dawnmeehanteeth.jpg