echo

The Bachelor - Sean Lowe

echo   

Another gawd awful season of The Bachelor, this time with Sean Lowe who got rejected by Emily on the Bachelorette.

The key to watching The bachelor is keep in mind that most of the girls are intentionally cast because they are flawed and only there to create drama and then be rejected. About 4 girls are cast as being potential love interest for the bachelor, and he generally decides pretty quickly which girl he wants to keep seeing after the taping has finished. He most likely decides within the first week which girl he likes above all the rest.

The order in which the girls go home is strictly a producer decision, which is all about which combination of girls will make for the best ratings, and generally speaking, those who create the most drama stick around the longest. Generally the final 2-3 girls are kept around because they have huge crush on the bachelor, and are being considered for the next Bachelorette. The Bachelor of course lets the producers know which of the girls he truly might like to date, and they then decide in what order each girl is sent home.

And IMHO, there is always one girl in the mix that is hired by the producer as a mole (stir up trouble as scripted by the producers) and she is also an emergency exit option for the bachelor; if during the course of the taping, the bachelor honestly does not want to propose to any one of the girls at the final rose, then that is where the hired mole steps in and there for a fake rose ceremony This happen at least once before with Ben and Courtney, that entire season was a bust practically from the start. It didn't take long before Ben knew he wasn't interested in dating any of the girls, so Courtney was there at the end to accept a fake proposal by Ben; both knowing they were walking away with a huge payday and boost to their individual careers.

echo   

And in case its not obviously clear to everyone, Tierra is this season mole, the girl that works with the producers to create drama that is scripted by the producers.

Besides all the drama, the mole never gets a true romantic date, yet she has very close bond with the Bachelor. If the mole does get a one-on-one date, its never a big budget romantic date like the real dates with the real girls, the mole dates are fake dates and at best they do fun things together and allude to the potential of something romantic, but nothing really happens.

This season I've got more interest in this show than usual. One of the girls is my cousin's daughter. It's Lindsey. I seriously thought she would be gone the first night but she is still there. I'm hoping she at least gets to the hometown dates. It would be cool to see my cousin on TV. I don't see her as Sean's final pick though. But who knows? I didn't expect Selma to get booted last night.

echo   

As far as Selma and several others, she was not shown in having a strong romantic connection nor having similar interests. However, that is just the way the producers chose to edit the show to make her appear that way. We see only what the producers want us to see, which is a very small percentage of what actually happens, and what is shown is highly manipulative. Sean clearly likes outdoor girls with a sense of adventure, so much of the activities are to test the girls to see who is, and who is not, the type of girl that Sean likes. Selma was shown not to like doing outdoor activities and afraid to kiss Sean on camera, this was the producers way of showing the audience Sean did not find her as interesting\attractive as the other girls.

What is funny is that Tierra is such a drama queen it reminds me of watching the Joe Schmoe show where everything she does\says is scripted by the producers. And ontop of that, she clearly is not a girl Sean would date outside of the show (other than maybe a one-night-stand). Its doubtful she will get a real date before she is sent home, unless Sean decides to use her as his emergency exit choice (ie like Ben did by choosing Courtney).

I have not yet checked Reality Steve's leaks, so I am just going by what I've seen this season and patterns that have not have become obvious over the past seasons. This show is very formulalised. The real girls get real romantic dates, the girls that are there simply to add drama and be sent home never get a one-on-one date. And by this mid point, if a girl has not yet had a one-on-one date, it means she not a seriously being considered.

echo   

After 6 episodes there are two girls that are clearly being edited in such a manner to suggest they make it to the home town dates. Desiree and Catherine are the two standing out clearly because they are not being shown to have any negative flaws in their behavior. Like most reality shows, the editing of the season does not occur until all filming is completed and the winner is known, thus when they starting editing the various episodes its not reflective of reality, each episode is edited to make the certain girls look good, and certain girls look bad. Clearly the girls being sent home are going to shown, at the very least, as having been flawed and\or just bad romantic match. If the girl that wins ever flips out and looses her cool during filming, we'll never see any part of her personality that reflects poorly on her, all of that footage is left on the editing floor.

One thing you can bet on this season that girls will put on the eliminate list when she, break downs or flips out, gets injured and become the center of attention, crys on Shawn shoulder because "its really tough, and I need a man", etc, etc, All such girls are goners, its just a matter of when the producers decide its best to send each one home.

Slowpoke   

hmmm, how come last season with Ben they showed all of Courtney's skanky behavior.... and she ended up being The Final Rose ?

( Of course Ben deserved her.... and this show ended up being on my "Do Not Watch Anymore" list )

echo   

hmmm, how come last season with Ben they showed all of Courtney's skanky behavior.... and she ended up being The Final Rose ?

( Of course Ben deserved her.... and this show ended up being on my "Do Not Watch Anymore" list )

IMHO, Each season there are 1-2 moles hired by producers to create drama (This season its Tierra). The mole is also there as a girl the bachelor can choose if he does not want to propose to any of the the real girls. Think of it this way. Say part way through the season the Bachelor says to the producers "All these girls are nice, but I don't want to propose to any one of them". The producers just tell him they will keep the mole around all the way to the end (ie Courtney in Ben's season), he can propose to their mole. Since she is hired by the producers the couple simply fakes having a "media" relationship for 6-9 months, then have a press release saying they have broken up. Imagine how cruel it would be if the bachelor knew in advance he didn't want to propose to any of the girls, but proposed to one of girls anyway simply to collect a 6 figure pay check, then he tries to fake having a relationship with her afterwards. She would know within 1-2 weeks it was a sham, and break up with him even before the first episode hit the air. Not good for show if everyone knows (press leaks) that the couple broke up before any of episodes are shown.

echo   

I swear practically everything on tonight's episode was staged\scripted, especially every time Tierra appeared (Barf, Barf, Barf). Come'on having Sean sister show up, he talks with her about meeting Tierra, who just happens to be having huge cat fight with another girl all at the same time. Hell, daytime soaps couldn't write trashy stuff like this...lol. But honestly, there is a good chance many of Tierra scenes are filmed after the fact or when the other girls are off doing something else. And notice that when Teirra finally gets a date with Sean (without getting one-on-one date evelope), its really nothing to phone home about, and because (IMHO) the entire date was staged, it wasn't like they actually had a real date, they just filmed a few shots to make it look like they spent most of the day together, when really nothing actually happened.

And Its a total hoot how the show is trying to imply that its helping girls work through their childhood disappointments and past romantic failures. Give me break, this show is more likely to screw them up worse than anything that happened before they got on the show. Think about it, what rational person goes on TV show to find the love of their life, and 4 girls make to home town dates when he meets their family, and ultimately he rejects 3 of them, and one girl of gets rejected at the Alter. How would you feel if you were madly in love with some guy, expecting him to propose, and instead he says "Naw, I like the other girl better, see ya later have a nice life or whatever".... Now that is really going to mess with someone for a long time, but I am sure the huge paycheck they get and media attention afterward helps them get over it, plus an offer to get on Bachelor "sex" Pad.

Yay! Lindsey is bringing Sean home. I was hoping she'd get this far so I could watch my cousin (her mom) on TV. Can't wait til next week.

jenw_72   

Ugh... This show is getting more and more fake looking each season. I'll still watch it of course cause there is nothing else to watch Monday nights haha

echo   

Here is some news that doesn't leak the results as to which girl is selected. If to beleived, it is true love this time even if a lot of the show is not as real as they want us to beleive

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/02/bachelor-sean-lowe-engaged-to-finale-choice---report.html

echo   

Can't figure out how to delete this post. :)

Slowpoke   

I'm not watching the show.... but, today while I waited at the check-out counter at the grocery store.............

I noticed on the magazine rack a copy of US magazine that let everyone know loud and clear that

Sean is a virgin and saving himself for marriage.

(just an FYI in case they haven't covered that on the show)

echo   

^^ That is interesting. I don't recall that they stated he is a vigin (yet), which I personally think is highly suspect in 2013. If Sean is a very religious guy, then maybe there is some truth to it, but so far they have not address his religious beliefs. Or.... maybe he is one of those "Born Again Virgins" which typically refers to a person who has had sex prior to being "Born again" in which case all that they had done previously does not count, thus their virginity is reinstated. I personally think its a huge rationalization (spin), but if helps people get over feeling guilty over having pre-martial sex, then so be it. :)

I suppose if the show does reveal he is virgin (even if he is not really), it will be revealed before the Over-night date, where clearly he will say some 1950s BS like "Let's save ourselves for our wedding night".

echo   

What is interesting about tonight episode is that it came down to two of the most likely women Sean would keep until to the end, Christina and Des. My best guess is that he got rid of Des primarily because the producers made him get rid of her, she was not his #1 choice. IMHO, at this point Sean has made his final decision already, informed producers who he wants to propose to at the end, and the producers decide in what order the remaining girls go home. So, its not like at the very end the final two girls are #1 & #2, hell it could be #1 vs #7, and the reason the produces decided to keep #7 around was because that girl was the best for the show, and had nothing to do with reality or that Sean would have ever seriously consider proposing to her. Good friends maybe, or strong sexual attraction maybe, but not somebody he would marry.

The truth about this reality TV series is that the producers control the order of when each girl gets sent home, not the Bachelor (Sean). Everyday the producers require him to do some kind of Stack ranking of the remaining girls, and the only girl that is truly safe is the girl at the top of the list. Early in the game, the producer won't send home the girls near the top of the list, but as they get to the home town dates, the producers strictly look at what will be best for ratings, taking into consideration what families make for better ratings. They don't care if its clear that Sean already has made up his mind, or when he made up his mind (ie day 1), its all about making a season get the highest possible ratings, and if that means keeping around girls simply to reject than later, rather than sooner, then that is true reality of Realty TV. Reality TV is not really real, its a collection of highly manipulated events, much like a watching a magician do a magic show, it looks real, but its not. :)

I would love for there to be a sitcom about fictional reality TV series, where the sitcom exposes the truth about how reality TV work, and do it in very funny way. Something like 30 Rock, except the fictional show is a bad realty TV show that gets good ratings.

echo   

So tonight "Sean" tells all. It has not yet aired on the west coast, so I can only begin to imagine at some of the 'bad' stuff he reveals about the girls, and no doubt this season's hired bitch Tierra is raked over the coals. The clip shown last night had Sean saying "She didn't belong on the show"...hahaha. There's no doubt in my mind she was hired by the producers to create drama, and Sean has known all along she was a producer mole, and likely not the only one (two moles can play off each other, pick on each other, and do things to create drama as scripted by the producers).

Anyway, what is funny about saying any girl shouldn't be on the show is the fact that most of the girls were cast very specifically because they have personality flaws that would cause them to be sent home. As I have stated many times, only about 4-6 of the girls are cast because they have romantic potential and compatibility with Sean, the rest of girls are simply there because they have a pretty face and nice body, have a history of creating drama in their personal lives, and are good candidates for "Bachelor pad". In otherwords, most of the girls are 'dead women walking' the moment the meet The Bachelor, but they don't even know it, and Bachelor probably doesn't even who are the 'real' 4-6 girls, but I suspect it doesn't take him much time to rule out the flakes and bimbos simply because their true personality rises to the top pretty quickly under the pressure, and they crack.

echo   

It truly was fun to watch a college sorority house having a Monday night "Bachelor" viewing party. No doubt most of those girls buy into the romantic ideal that each one will find Prince Charming, who by definition has a perfect body and good looks, has a great career if not already very wealthy, is amazing in bed and only wants sex when she is in the mood, and comes from family that is just as perfect. Prince Charming never has bad breath in the morning, always puts the toilet seat down, and never has farted once in his entire life. Sure, a couple girls will find a guy that might be 80% prince charming, but the rest will marry some nice average guy who's not anywhere close to being Prince Charming. And a few will get evolved with guys who appear to be Prince Charming, but they find out is just a big jerk who can't do anything but sell used cars for a living, and has a history of cheating on every girlfriend since the 6th grade.

No surprise, just like very season, there is one girl who is "The Bitch" and gets raked over the coals during :"The Women Tell All" episode, so it was this season as well when Tierra was totally trashed. I fully believe that each season there are 1-2 hired moles that are there to inject drama into the season, and I stand by that. However, I might be wrong about Tierra being hired by the producers, she maybe just a real-life Bitch. While casting the show the producers are always looking to find real-world crazy bitches to be on the show, the type of girls who always create drama every where they go, not just sometimes, but always. The type that goes to a party, any party or wedding or family gathering, and within 1 hour drama has started, and she plays the victim where at least guy comes to her rescue (hoping late he might get sex). We all have known girls like that who crave attention through drama. The show loves to cast such girls when they can find them.

Got to love how Ashly called out Sean as being a "Liar", claiming Sean had told her that he had no feelings for the other girls. You can bet your entire life savings that the producers coached\encourage\required her to call him out, and they did not let Sean know that she was going to do it. Personally, I doubt Sean said what she claims, but there is a good chance he did say something that led her to beleive she was the only one left that he truly cared about. Saying something like "You know how I feel about you, and its not the same with anyone else". then give her a passionate kiss. He's not exactly saying "I love only you, and the other girls mean nothing to me", but in this crazy\manipulative setting, the girls perceive things like that to mean "I love you and I want to marry you" because that is what they each want to hear.

Marty   

Good ending - So glad he chose Catherine.

echo   

Well I had no sense who he was going to pick, so it might be just as he said, he just didn't decide until the last moment. I wonder if the producers pressured him into making a choice because clearly (assuming the last part was real), and he was having a hard time making a final choice. My guess there is a lot of money on the table if he proposes at the end, probably something the exceeds $100,000 bonous. Presure from the producers saying "Hey, we are not asking you to get married, just propose to one of them" with 100K on the table, pretty easy to rationalize its a good deal because he does honestly have feelings for both, and if it didn't work out, no reason he can't make phone call to the other one just to see how she is doing, maybe take her out for coffee. This season does seem to have a sincere conclusion of true romance,not like a few season where the bachelor clearly is proposing to a girl he has no intentions on marrying, and she also knows it, both agreeing simply to fullfil a contract that allows them to take home huge bonous.

And given that Sean and Catherine have agreed to have the wedding TV,well, I guess that does suggest they are really in love. But that doesn not mean 3 years from now they will still be married because falling in love and getting married does not mean "Living happily ever after....."