Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Any plans for a new Trek?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

BoneJones00

BoneJones00

• Pip
  • 439 posts
I am wondering if there are any new plans for a new Star Trek to replace Enterprise and what channel is considering carrying it if it does develop? Yes I am a trekkie, I just never realized Morty's had a Sci-fi forum.

There seems to be alot of "Lost" lookalikes this season and most likely only one will make it. (I am leaning towards Threshold myself)

I AM Sci-fi.

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
Welcome!!!! It is thought that it will be a few years before or if we get a new Trek ... I think the franchaise diversified too much and became gimmicky veering from the simplicity of Roddenberry's vision ... but as a diehard fan, I keep fingers , toes and everything else crossed!

As to other shows, make sure to hit show all on the bottom of the page because we have quite a few in here, feel free to start threads for any we are missing!

I am looking forward to all the LOST clones, and I too hope AT LEAST one survives, while Threshold is the critic's choice, good things are being said about SURFACE too ... and I like the promo's for Invasion. I am willing to even give the remade Night Stalker a try, but I hate remakes.

BoneJones00

BoneJones00

• Pip
  • 439 posts
I was watching Kolchak (sp?) last year at like 4 am when I couldnt sleep well for a few weeks. If the new series is like it, it will be hard to gain a following but they will be a devoted following. I'll have to change my view on here, though then I will see the billions of billions of BB posts, lol. I personally liked Enterprise, though I do wish they had focused more on the history and how things happened instead of new story lines. I am a trekkie but a "new trekkie." I started with Voyager and so have no real knowledge of the history and that is why Enterprise was so exciting to me.

It's going to be an interesting season for Sci-fi fans......

gambit3131

gambit3131

• Pip
  • 350 posts
There is a guy trying to write a new Trek based a few years before The Enterprise. I don't have the link here, I will look for it tomorrow when I get back to work.

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
QUOTE(gambit3131 @ Sep 6 2005, 08:58 PM)
There is a guy trying to write a new Trek based a few years before The Enterprise.  I don't have the link here, I will look for it tomorrow when I get back to work.

Thanks Gambit!

I have been a trekker since I was 6 years old with the first series and have all the books and have been a fan of all the shows, I am so devoted I have a life-sized spock cardboard cutout on a wall here ... (ya, I know, hardcore) ...

Enterprise would still be around if it was like it's last season from the beginning, they took too long to get their "space legs".

The real formula that works though is the original, like ST, then TNG, and then Voyager ...

That is the real Star Trek!

gambit3131

gambit3131

• Pip
  • 350 posts
SciFiDaily: Die, Trek, Die

FROM GREG: Writer Erik Jendresen told Dreamwatch magazine that he has finished writing a first draft of Star Trek: The Beginning (working title) for Paramount, according to a report by TrekWeb. If it ever sees the light of day, it will be the eleventh Trek film. Rick Berman, who is working with producers Kerry McCluggage and Jordan Kerner, has said that the film would not use any existing Trek characters and would be a new prequel to the Classic Series. "This would take place just a couple of years after the end of the events in Enterprise, but well before the original series, and it would look at the inciting incident that started everything," Jendresen said. "The story is big and epic, and it isn't as antiseptic as the TV stories had to be." He added that it would also not be centered around the traditional Trek model of a captain, crew and starship. "We're looking at a very small group of men and women, particularly focusing on one character," he said. "There are a couple of ships, including a principal ship, but this is not a traditional captain and crew of a starship story in the least."

They won't even let a grand franchise rest in peace. After a humiliating end, they're still trying to shovel their ideas into a package and call it Trek. Stop trying to make NOT Trek into Trek! Let's see how your ideas stand up without Trek as a crutch. If you've ever worked for a company that gets taken over by another company, you'll recognize the smarmy feeling of the new regime foisting its lame ideas off on the world packaged as the good old ideas. So just give it a rest already, you clods! Here's an idea: How about a show about a ragtag fleet of ships fleeing the genocide of the human race at the hands of intelligent machines that it created, seeking a legendary planet called Earth? If it had great themes, great writing, great actors, great f/x...now THAT would be a show. But Trek is DEAD. Long live Trek!

posted by SciFiDaily @ 8/31/2005

Guest_Rebekah_*

Guest_Rebekah_*
  • Guests
Hey, thanks gambit for the article. I can't imagine a NEW Trek movie. But I'm sure I'll go see it, no matter how gimmicky it got, I got hooked on each one of the shows. I said before the first Trek was my favorite but now thinking Deep Space Nine is due to it's complexity. I dunno, I like all of them.

Ranster, I agree with you regarding Enterprise. The fourth season was the best, too bad there wasn't enough interest in keeping it around for one more (I miss Scott Bakula).

Looking forward to the new shows, LOST rip offs for sure, Surface looks promising. What am I saying? Can't wait for LOST to begin! Love BB but by this time every year I get sick of it. This year especially (once Howie and his light sabres leave).

Guest_Me Jane You Tarzan_*

Guest_Me Jane You Tarzan_*
  • Guests
Enterprise was such a freaken disappointment I can't handle another blow to my trek world. If they do start another one it better not have any has-been old sitcom stars casted on it.

Guest_Rebekah_*

Guest_Rebekah_*
  • Guests
See, normally, I would agree with you regarding recycling old 'tv stars'. I also dislike seeing recycled reality contestants. In Scott Bakula's case, I loved him in Quatum Leap. I'd watch him in anything. Enterprise really didn't get going until the final year. I have no idea why I watched the first 3 seasons EXCEPT it was a Trek show.

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
It's only been a few months and I already have a bad case of withdrawl for things Trek ... as much as I enjoy the new offerings and universes we are given ... I still long fror the whine of the transporter and the terms from a world of fantasy that is like comfort food for me!

I say get back on track, rediscover the formula that made Trek work, and let's move on to The Next Generation after TNG ...

Guest_Rebekah_*

Guest_Rebekah_*
  • Guests
Yup, right on, Ranster. I miss not having a new Trek season. They need to regroup and come back with something other than a piddling movie!

CrazzyCanuck

CrazzyCanuck

• Pip
  • 114 posts
is a huge trekhead. I hope a new show or movie will come out with in the next few years.Go into the 27th or 29th centery for a change. the last few years of DS9 were great, maybe a movie to wrap up what happened to Ben? any other thoughts out there?

In memory of Scotty.

Beam me up

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
Sadly I think we will never see a DS9 movie, but I could see them doing a Voyager one and follow Seven's adjustment to her new huge collective!

Honestly, I will take what I can get!

Missing Bones!

CrazzyCanuck

CrazzyCanuck

• Pip
  • 114 posts
That would make for a great movie with Seven also it could make a great spinoff show too.
one can only dream and hope.

To Bodly go where no one has gone before....

BoneJones00

BoneJones00

• Pip
  • 439 posts
I loved Voyager as it was my beginning into the Trek world and the concept was great. Enterprise tried to repeat that with the "Badlands" (I think that is what they were called) but the whole Xindi plot kinda got old, fast. For a boon like me into the Trek world, the beginning was Voyager (And I have seen all the movies) so going back to the Star Trek lore was great for me and that was the last season of Enterprise. I enjoyed some episodes on repeats of TNG (The one with Picard and Whoopie right?) but those are far and few between without using my Tivo which is in the main family room. I don't see there being more then a couple of year gap between at least NEWS of a pending Trek project and as for it being dead...it will never be dead...not until we physically are out there ourselves with Trek be dead.

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
It should be interesting to see if we get murmurings this fall ... I am curious about what the next concepts will be ... frankly I think the old formula from the original, TNG and Voyager works best ...

I am worried that they will try to keep with the before the original series theme.

I want to move forward rather than backwards ...

CrazzyCanuck

CrazzyCanuck

• Pip
  • 114 posts
QUOTE(ranster627 @ Sep 18 2005, 05:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It should be interesting to see if we get murmurings this fall ... I am curious about what the next concepts will be ... frankly I think the old formula from the original, TNG and Voyager works best ...

I am worried that they will try to keep with the before the original series theme.

I want to move forward rather than backwards ...

I would like to see a new show based in the 31th centery.

PhatDaddyG

PhatDaddyG

• Pip
  • 541 posts
I'd like to see a near future Star Trek start up. They could use the ship and technology off of the Star Trek:TNG show where Riker was captain and the Enterprise had 3 nacells (spelling?) and could do past warp 9. That would be awesome. They could even bring back Data who was my favorite since he is an android and can't die unless he's incinerated. I do agree that they need to get back to the old setup of discovering new life and the conflict between the Romulans. Good times.

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,872 posts
Courtesy of: SCI-FI WIRE

Braga: I'm Done With Trek

Longtime Star Trek producer Brannon Braga told SCI FI Wire that he's done with the franchise, at least for now and for the foreseeable future. "At the moment, yeah," Braga said in an interview. "There will be a lot of fans cheering about that," he added wryly, referring to the often caustic fan criticism directed at him during his 15 years as a writer and producer on Trek series and movies.

Since the end of Star Trek: Enterprise earlier this year after four seasons on the air, there have been no plans announced for either a new Trek film or a TV series for the first time in 18 years. But Braga said that, even if there were, he would likely turn down any chance to be part of it. "At this point, most likely not," Braga said. "Just having come off so many years on the show and having done something different, I just don't think I would be ready now. Nor do I think they would necessarily ask me. But if they came to me today, I would have to be very flattered, but politely decline."

Braga served as co-creator and executive producer of Star Trek: Enterprise. Braga began his tenure with the Trek franchise in 1990 as a writer/producer on The Next Generation. In 1995, he was appointed executive producer of Star Trek: Voyager. Braga wrote more than 150 Trek episodes, including the Next Generation series finale "All Good Things ... ," which earned him the Hugo Award for excellence in science fiction writing. Braga also co-wrote the movies Star Trek: Generations and Star Trek: First Contact, which became the highest-grossing of the nine Star Trek films. Braga worked closely with the other longtime executive producer of Trek, Rick Berman.

Braga is now an executive producer on CBS' new SF drama Threshold and has left Trek behind. "You know how it is," he said. "You did something for a long time. Star Trek was very good to me. And I certainly did my best to contribute to Star Trek. But there just comes a point where I'm not sure what else I would have to give. I certainly could see the financial value in it, but at this point, creatively, I would not want to be involved in something that I couldn't give to."

Threshold moves to a new timeslot, Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET/PT, beginning Nov. 22.

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,872 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

J.J. Abrams Beams Up More Star Trek

The Star Trek franchise is being given new life by the Genesis experiment Lost cocreator J.J. Abrams, the man behind this summer's Mission: Impossible III, Variety reports. The as-yet-untitled feature, slated for a fall 2008 release, will focus on the early adventures of James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock, including their first meeting at Starfleet Academy; Abrams will direct as well as help write and produce the pic. Is anyone else getting goose bumps, or am I just a big ol' Star Trek geek? Seriously, no one's Kirk Halloween costume could ever compare to mine.
Posted by Matt Mitovich 04/21/2006 10:00 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users