Sign in to follow this  
Phil-o-mania

The Weaver Family

oh yeah... some christians they are. "they're in front of a garbage truck!" "he looks like a squirrell". just a bunch of bull**** to me. the whole family is bull****. they bug the living hell outta me and they must be eliminated! they're making the paolos seem like angels. i can see why the other teams despise them so much cuz i hate em w/ a passion.

I'd bet that the reason the other teams dislike them IS because of their faith. But because we only see what CBS choses to show - we really don't know why this family is so "hated" (could it be the melt down on the bus? could it be that they pray?)

Do I agree with some of the things they have said and done? No Way. What people tend to forget is that Christians are not perfect, just forgiven.

I think their behavior (like on the bus) has plenty to do with why they are so disliked by the other teams. When the mom from one of the other teams (was it the Rogers?) told their son not to talk to the Weavers' son at the airport I thought she should lighten up and it was wrong but now I'm thinking that was in reaction to something the Weavers might have said or done.

The best thing that could have happened is if when mom Weaver got the vehicle out of the mud if she had driven off and never came back.

I heard an interview with the Gaghan Family this morning on the local radio station and the jocks commented on the sniping and bad attitudes toward the Weaver Family. Gracious as usual, Tammy Gaghan said they got along with the Weavers but on occasions where the teams had some down time (for instance a 36 hour layover in Virginia) the teams were congregating, socializing and getting to know each other while the Weavers stayed in their room. Apparently when they did leave their room they avoided any contact with the other teams and isolated themselves. I suppose future race contestants should take note and at least make an effort to act as if they like their fellow team members or it could come back to haunt them in the form of a yield or otherwise.

yeah, i wa thinking there has to be a lot more things that go on after the race ends at the pit stop

Ummm, I don't know, perhaps the editing?

Piss poor attitude? they all do! This "cast" has to be the nastiest group of people ever assembled. They are rude to each other, rude to the folks handing out the clues - it is quite a shame!

How soon they forget Jonathan and Victoria-------

oh yeah... some christians they are. "they're in front of a garbage truck!" "he looks like a squirrell". just a bunch of bull**** to me. the whole family is bull****. they bug the living hell outta me and they must be eliminated! they're making the paolos seem like angels. i can see why the other teams despise them so much cuz i hate em w/ a passion.

And let's not forget their condescending "we're above them" comment about the Linz's at the yield. If this family bugs you, Woobie, you must have loved BB this summer-----there was a whole team of people even worse than the Weavers. :D:D:D

This family really gets to me!

When the desparate houswives came to them and said how hard it must be to do the racing task and that their dad would be proud of them and the Weavers were so nasty!!!!!

I think they are not christians at all!

"tell them a big long history lesson" -Momma weaver

"wow those linz kids are so rude" -momma weaver

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

this is just one example of why I do not like the weavers

"tell them a big long history lesson" -Momma weaver

"wow those linz kids are so rude" -momma weaver

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

this is just one example of why I do not like the weavers

do you honeslty thinkthat onyone would believe that the guy at the ticket box would take time to give anyone a history lesson?

nooooooo

but the fact that they do those kind of things and then turn around and comment how rude people are.

how aobut the weavers telling the paolo's they are friends after making fun of them in front of a garbage truck.

come on weavers, you aren't any better then the rest of them.

Ok... so I thought the NH from BB was the worst people I've ever come across on tv... but the Weavers are catching up to them in no time at all with their comments.

They are the biggest bunch of frickin hypocrits I've ever seen.

Oh boohoo.. we're the victims... now lets call everyone retarded, and rude and mean. make fun of garbage men, think we're better than everyone else, try to delay the other teams behind us, say bad things about the sisters even though they were trying to be nice....

and the list goes on and on.

Good freakin lord..... I hope they go home next. I can't stand these loser, smashed in face, UGLY inside and out people anymore.

God... since people seem to think you care if they win in a race or not... I hope you decided to teach these idiots a lesson and flicked each one of them off of the grand canyon.

>=)

"you don't have any yields left...we do sweets"

:lol:

After last week when the Weavers game the Sisters money and the Sisters wanted to "give them a gift" by yielding them, I say screw the sisters too.

And there was obvious editing with the Weaver girl saying she hated the Sisters. I mean how are we to know she said that before or after The sister tried to console her.

WIN WEAVERS!!!!!

Ok... so I thought the NH from BB was the worst people I've ever come across on tv... but the Weavers are catching up to them in no time at all with their comments.

>=)

Wow that's a pretty bold statement considering previous season of AR have had meaner and more abusive people than anyone on any reality show. Um. Do Colin and Jonathon ring a bell??

I like this team and I do feel sorry for them and to me them racing shows a lot of courage considering it's only been a year since they lost their dad and her husband.

They are not perfect by a long shot but the Weaver sisters and mom are no bitchier than Desperate Houswives Team and the Linz brothers/Sister.

I really think it's a tame season of AR as far as having people to dislike. Every team seems likeable in their own ways even those constantly arguing Godlewinsky sisters. I crack up when that one always has her breakdown.

However I agree with Nebartist on this one...."Win Wearers!!"

Edited by StephenV

Wow that's a pretty bold statement considering previous season of AR have had meaner and more abusive people than anyone on any reality show. Um. Do Colin and Jonathon ring a bell??

I like this team and I do feel sorry for them and to me them racing shows a lot of courage considering it's only been a year since they lost their dad and her husband.

They are not perfect by a long shot but the Weaver sisters and mom are no bitchier than Desperate Houswives Team and the Linz brothers/Sister.

I really think it's a tame season of AR as far as having people to dislike. Every team seems likeable in their own ways even those constantly arguing Godlewinsky sisters. I crack up when that one always has her breakdown.

well said stephen especially the agreeing with me part :)

I can understand why some would hate this team, But i just can't bring myself to do so.

Well, I was going to keep my opinion to myself as I usually do...BUT, why would you assume that they are disliked just because of their faith??? IMHO them being Christian and praying have nothing to do with why most people do not like this team. I loved Chip and Kim and they prayed all the time. I think the reason people do not like them is because they just have a piss poor attitude... :mellow:

You're right, MsMommy. I started out liking the Weavers but they have rapidly dropped to my least favorite team in the last few weeks. I even like the Paola's better than the Weavers. And the reason I don't like them is NOT for their Christianity - in fact that was one of the reasons I first liked them. I hate their hypocrisy.

When they cried tonight in front of Phil and said the other teams were so horrible and they were all alone - it was just another example of how they can see everyone's faults but their own. They were so rude to the Godlewski sisters when they were genuinely showing compassion toward those them. The two girls are almost as bad as their mother. I just hope Rolly doesn't take after her, too.

It's funny how they cry that they are alone and no one wants them there... Sorry but the Weavers have brought it upon themselves...

The Mom is funny to watch though, too bad she didn

Yeah, they really do suck. and they are huge hypocrits. Cring and whining to Phil "Nobody likes us, waaaaaaaaaaaa, everyones mean'.

Well bitches, maybe if you didnt throw food at them, and not keep to yourselfs, and be sociable, maybe they would talk to you.

Poor Poor Rolly

If there are any hypocrits on this show, it is the Linz family. They sounded so stupid complaining about the Weavers trying to get one second ahead of them. . . when earlier the Linz brother tried passing everyone on the race track!!! IT IS A RACE. . . OF COURSE EVERYONE IS TRYING TO GET AHEAD!

The Linz family are the ones who went from being my favorite to my least favorite.

I LOVE THE WEAVERS!!!!!

the mom may be crazy, but i liked her attitude during and before the go-cart race, and how she jumped right in there. If it were just the mom and rolly, id like them better. those girls suck

;) The Weavers are Christians? Really? Do Christians call people retards? Do Christians throw garbage out their vehicles at other people? Do Christians corner "kids" and menacingly and call them "sweets"? Yes Mrs. Weaver, the question is indeed "Do you know Jesus?"

If there are any hypocrits on this show, it is the Linz family. They sounded so stupid complaining about the Weavers trying to get one second ahead of them. . . when earlier the Linz brother tried passing everyone on the race track!!! IT IS A RACE. . . OF COURSE EVERYONE IS TRYING TO GET AHEAD!

The Linz family are the ones who went from being my favorite to my least favorite.

I LOVE THE WEAVERS!!!!!

We must be watching two different shows! I didn't hear them complaining about her at all. Just commenting about how fast she was driving to get a few seconds ahead of them - and then commenting on how they would make it up on the detour. They seemed pretty relaxed and confident to me.

GO LINZ FAMILY!

Yes all the teams are bitchy, but as others have pointed out in this thread they are hypocrtis, no one else acts like they are better or above others, but the Weavers do ~ they even said it! The Weavers and their holier than thou attitude need to go home!!

;) The Weavers are Christians? Really? Do Christians call people retards? Do Christians throw garbage out their vehicles at other people? Do Christians corner "kids" and menacingly and call them "sweets"?

God will forgive them...

At the end of the race, on the mat, the girl summed up why not too many people can find much to like about this family when she complained that" we're the only Christian people in the race". It's this condescending, holier-than thou garbage that drive people up the wall, just ike it did duting the BB season.

And they sure do give God a lot of responsibility, constantly asking Him to help them find the right road

or find a clue so that they can win a whole lotta money. God must have a full-time job keeping up with their demands.

Early in the show one of the Weaver girls said something sort of interesting along the lines of "I'd rather have people hate us for what we are rather than love us for what we aren't." I took it to mean that the other teams are fake while they are true to themselves.

Initially I loved this team because of their great loss and the hope that this experience could deliver them from their grief and loss. I was also warmed by their Christian devotion. But now, ..... I hear their unkind comments and see their actions and find myself squirming in my seat when they bring the Lord into the race to accomodate their needs. I tell myself the girls are young and that editing could play a role in this, but to borrow a phrase from Brandon in Survivor Guatemala, "I'm conflicted." Rolly seems to be a sweetheart, though.