Sign in to follow this  
Phil-o-mania

The Weaver Family

Even though they were agravating me to no end last night every time they yelled "andele, andele" (They were in Panama, not Mexico for Chip's sake!!!)...ugh! I'm from Panama, so the stereotype that all Latin people act and speak like Mexicans burns me...Nothing against Mexicans... BUT... we're not all the same, people! Every Latin country has it's own unique customs and slang. Is that so hard to comprehend to some Americans? The rest of the world gets it...ugh!

Having said that, I still see this family as the underdog that everybody hates just because they have not made "alliances" with anyone. Lame. True, the religious thing got old a long time ago, but they're okay otherwise. I still like them :)

i think the way the kids acted in the taxi van was gross and biggeted (sp). Wait till you get back to your Red State before you use racial sterotypes, not in someone elses country

every single one of the families was rude to the locals at some point or another, in Panama. They didn't seem to understand why the people there were not aware of their need to rush. Rudeness does not equal bigotry all the time, just ignorance. I think they ALL acted ignorant at some point... red, white and... blue?...:)

Wow, these guys blew me away last night. I have always had a fair amount of sympathy for these guys, but they lost me last night.

They say they are Christians, and I'm sure they are. Being a Christian means you believe in Jesus-- that he is our Savior. I don't quite understand how this makes you 'above' or better than anyone else. Or maybe the comment they made about them being 'above' the others meant that they would not stoop to their level. But then they turned right around and did it. Come on -- those comments about the others' pictures were pretty mean! I can't say I blame them. It's not like some of those other families were being especially nice to the Weavers. My point here is this---they are no better than any other team. I'm not trying to criticize them for trashing any other teams. There's plenty of 'Weaver bashing' going on out there!

I have no problem with any team praying for God to give them strength and lead them through the day. I also have no problem with anyone who claime to be a Christian, who might exhibit some very unchristian-like behavior. Because being a Christian doesn't mean you are supposed to be perfect. We're all just human beings. It also doesn't mean that you are better than anyone else. And that's an attitude I just can't stand. I might have been able to support this family, but last night when one of the kids said 'We're Christians, we're above them." (something close to that anyway), I decided that I didn't like them one bit.

I am so sick of how the "cool" teams..ie the frat boys, the soriority sisters et al, are treating the Weavers...It is just cruel the way the other teams look down on the Weavers. And they peer pressured the Poalos into using the Yield. It didn't work though....

The last place team was Yielded, and ended up moving up a spot...

I am so sick of how the "cool" teams..ie the frat boys, the soriority sisters et al, are treating the Weavers...It is just cruel the way the other teams look down on the Weavers. And they peer pressured the Poalos into using the Yield. It didn't work though....

The last place team was Yielded, and ended up moving up a spot...

[sarcasm]how dare someone treat christians like that!!!![/sarcasm]

I'm rooting for this family. They are supportive and loving with each other, the mom can be freaky, but she's a good mom to her children and they respect her, and it's obvious they're a very close family. Even when she's ready to throw the towel or the kids are, they bring each other spirits back up. They deserve to be in this race if only for their perseverance and never give up spirit

I don't care about the christian thing, they are not preaching it. If they overuse use the tittle "christian" amongst themselves, I may roll my eyes but...so what? I haven't seen them do anything to sabotage another team. I know they were not planning to yield anyone, because they never even talked about doing so. I did see them be there for the broke sisters when they needed money. They are not trying to make friends because they know by now they are not liked by anyone, but neither are they scheming on how to sabotage other teams...yet. I don't blame them one bit for reacting negatively to negativity. Who wouldn't?

As for the kids talking trash, They're kids! Kids cope like that! Heck I would too, if I knew everybody is working against me! Why bother being kind to people that are constanly looking down at you, treating you with unnecessary meanness and working together (!) to knock you out of the race, any chance they get? What about the Linzes running by them at the yield and insidiuosly jabbing them about being yielded and how hard the road block was...unnecessary meanness.

They gave money to the sisters when they were totally broke, and how did they pay them back? By scheming to "give them a little gift" and yield them if they made it to the designated spot first! How unnecessarily mean and ungrateful was that? They were last already!

Nobody peer presured the Paolos' to yield them either, it was the first thing out of the older thug's mouth after he read about the yield, and the annoying "Mah" second it. the Linz's were also scheming to yield them, why?... unnecessary meanness

I like the Weavers but I also think they are cursed with a Holier-than-thou attitude. This doesnt make me like them any less, but I can understand why they'd be unpopular. Also, watching them a few episodes back on the bus (remember, in game, this would have been like 4 days ago) would have given me the creeps if *I* was with them at the time. Add this to the fact that the Linz family thinks the mother is out to get them and couple that with the fact that the Linz family is popular, you have a negetive group mentality woring against the Weavers.

I like the Weavers but I also think they are cursed with a Holier-than-thou attitude....

... Add this to the fact that the Linz family thinks the mother is out to get them and couple that with the fact that the Linz family is popular, you have a negetive group mentality woring against the Weavers.

true, true :( ...well, they're Christians, they shall overcome (LOL! sowwy, couldn't help it :D )

I pretty much always root for the underdog, and they're it, so...until I see any unprovoked underhandedness on their part, or freak me out completely...GO WEAVERS!!!... :D

The Weavers are a nasty immature bunch. I hope they lose next week. Others are more deserving.

how is one family more deserving of another to be on a reality show?

They lost my support last night. Not for the Christain thing or the 'better than them' thing, but for twice using a word I can't stand. IMO...using the 'R' word it equal to using the 'N' word. I would rather hear 100 'F' words in a row than hear that word once....and they said it twice when they were yielded.

Thats just my opinion.

true, true :( ...well, they're Christians, they shall overcome (LOL! sowwy, couldn't help it :D )

I pretty much always root for the underdog, and they're it, so...until I see any unprovoked underhandedness on their part, or freak me out completely...GO WEAVERS!!!... :D

word B)

They lost my support last night. Not for the Christain thing or the 'better than them' thing, but for twice using a word I can't stand. IMO...using the 'R' word it equal to using the 'N' word. I would rather hear 100 'F' words in a row than hear that word once....and they said it twice when they were yielded.

Thats just my opinion.

I hear yea but I am more inclined to forgive a kid for that kind of talk, than i am a grown woman on another CBS reality show

I think we may be missing some information about why the other teams seem out to get this team. I was watching the talk show on the cbs web site after the La team was eliminated. They indicated that they were good friends with all the families except for one I could be totally wrong but I thought at the time they were talking about the Weavers. Regardless they are not my favorite mostly because they do seem to be hypocritical but again maybe even in this situation we are not seeing everything.

R word?

Did I miss something?

and is it ok that I dislike this team because I just find them annoying and hypocritical (NOT their religion) but in the way they treat other teams.

R word?

Did I miss something?

and is it ok that I dislike this team because I just find them annoying and hypocritical (NOT their religion) but in the way they treat other teams.

I must have missed it too. What is the "R" word? And they DID act as good Christians giving the sisters money. I didn't see any other team doing that!

R word?

Did I miss something?

Retard... Not you silly, that's the R word... I say it must be ok if the weavers use it, I am sure they ran it by God first!!

Sure it is, but your time in purgatory will seem like an eternity!!

ohhhhhhh. that R word.

thanks!

don't worry, I've gone to confession and let my anger out about the Weavers.. it is all good :)

Thats just my opinion.

I must have missed that part, but to me that's one little thing against EVERYTHING the other families are saying about them. Let's not forget how the Schroder family and a couple of other families I think were happy about the fact that the Weavers would have a hard time at Talladega. Why would you celebrate something like that?

I'd bet that the reason the other teams dislike them IS because of their faith.

But because we only see what CBS choses to show - we really don't know why this family is so "hated"

(could it be the melt down on the bus? could it be that they pray?)

Do I agree with some of the things they have said and done? No Way. What people tend to forget is that Christians are not perfect, just forgiven.

Ummm, I don't know, perhaps the editing?

Piss poor attitude? they all do! This "cast" has to be the nastiest group of people ever assembled. They are rude to each other, rude to the folks handing out the clues - it is quite a shame!