Sign in to follow this  
Phil-o-mania

The Weaver Family

you know what, its not CBS's responsibility to tip-toe around fam,ily issues. I bet other family members have had loved ones die in situations familiar to legs of this race.

you know what, its not CBS's responsibility to tip-toe around fam,ily issues. I bet other family members have had loved ones die in situations familiar to legs of this race.

maybe but CBS hasn't made an issue out of it to get ratings

idoubt theyput together the race trackthing to get rating because of the family. they most likely have all the race mapped out and plannedeven before they pickthe families

I would be interested to know how this happened. If this challenge was planned before they even picked any teams, then did the Weavers get picked, because of this? Do you think they warned them, and said "One of our challenges takes place on a race track -- do you think you can handle that?"

How ever it happened, it seems unnecessarily cruel to this family, unless they did forewarn them. I would hate to think of them looking over applications, and finding one who's father was killed in an accident at a race track, and them saying 'Jackpot!', just to add to the drama of the show.

But, you really can't put anything past them. I couldn't believe BB a few years ago, when they put a brother and sister in the house, and made them find out about it, on the show. I thought that was tacky, to put people through that, and I think this is too.

Making teams suffer makes amazing TV though...

As sad as it is, it might just be a step towards getting over the loss of thier father. Agreed, its not TAR's place to do that, but the fact that it'll be worth watching is what really matters to both the Producers and the TV audience at large.

They did really good at the track... In editing anyway!! But kudos none the less!!

i missed it I thought the comercial break would be longer. I didn't see them actually arrive to the bikes

Glad they stayed around. :)

CBS on the previews last week made it seem like such a bigger deal. It wasnt that bad at all.

The mom is kinda scary, looks like she has been to the tanning bed a few too many times.

Did anyone hear the Mom call the lake that they drove over on that really long bridge, "One of the five great Lakes"? LOL that was funny. ;)

yeah, then they showed the little gaghon girl asking if it was bigger than the great lakes ....LMAO....

Did anyone hear the Mom call the lake that they drove over on that really long bridge, "One of the five great Lakes"? LOL that was funny. ;)

And now her kids think it is true!!

i missed it I thought the comercial break would be longer. I didn't see them actually arrive to the bikes

Glad they stayed around. :)

I was glad the previews were just to throw us off

I watched and didn't see them arrive at the bikes either. Most teams they showed seeing the bikes and laughing. The only problem was, for about what? two minutes, their hearts dropped at what they thought they were going to do.

Being from Michigan.....

hmmmmm

H eron

O nterio

M ichigan

E rie

S uperior

Nope don't see an other lake there. It is a very large lake though I will give it that.

Being from Michigan.....

hmmmmm

H eron

O nterio

M ichigan

E rie

S uperior

Nope don't see an other lake there. It is a very large lake though I will give it that.

ROFL Dade, I heard that comment about Lake Ponchartrain and was wondering if the Hurricane had moved the whole lake up North with all the "other" Great Lakes. :lol::lol::lol:

*runs in and corrects spelling*

Huron...

Ontario...

*runs out*

Great Lakes comment was hilarious!

Being in Toronto (on the shores of L. Ontario), I found that comment a hoot...

*runs in and corrects spelling*

Huron...

Ontario...

*runs out*

Great Lakes comment was hilarious!

Being in Toronto (on the shores of L. Ontario), I found that comment a hoot...

TYTYTYTYTY!!!!! Spell check in brain wasn't working :)

Even though the religious thing is kind of irritating and even if they are not geography geniuses, why do all the other teams HATE them so much. Everyone always wants to beat the "Florida team". I find some of the other teams a lot more unlikeable. I even heard someone call them "white trash" last week. I've seen all the shows. Am I missing something?

Even though the religious thing is kind of irritating and even if they are not geography geniuses, why do all the other teams HATE them so much. Everyone always wants to beat the "Florida team". I find some of the other teams a lot more unlikeable. I even heard someone call them "white trash" last week. I've seen all the shows. Am I missing something?

lol.. i agree.. for some reason everyone else just hates them... its weird! It's not like they did anything that bad that the other teams hasn't done.

could it be a winner's edit? eh maybe not

Well, now the Linz family hates them b/c the Mom told their boat to "go slow", which okay, I took it as being a joke or being said in a joking way. But the one brother wanted to take it out of context and act like she was bringing the wrath of God on them or something. Then at the baseball park, the Weaver mom told the Linzes to be quiet and not tease her son b/c they are trying to encourage everyone. Again, Linz brother (and I think the same one) took it the wrong way and said that she said to be quiet and encourage her son. It's like they are determined to take everything the Weavers do and turn it into something evil, when the Weavers were in fact cheering everyone on.

well the linz's smited them they will be gone next

wasn't too happy with the burrito comment from one of the daugters..but the rest of their time (what was shown) they seemed to be respectable

Well, now the Linz family hates them b/c the Mom told their boat to "go slow", which okay, I took it as being a joke or being said in a joking way. But the one brother wanted to take it out of context and act like she was bringing the wrath of God on them or something. Then at the baseball park, the Weaver mom told the Linzes to be quiet and not tease her son b/c they are trying to encourage everyone. Again, Linz brother (and I think the same one) took it the wrong way and said that she said to be quiet and encourage her son. It's like they are determined to take everything the Weavers do and turn it into something evil, when the Weavers were in fact cheering everyone on.

The weavers can dish it out but can't take it... Crybabies!!!

The weavers have plummeted to the bottom of my list... I can't stand them

hypocritical nonsense.

I hope they are eliminated soon.