Phil-o-mania

The Weaver Family

cbs.com

The Weaver Family ~ Ormond Beach, Florida

Weavers2.jpg

The Weaver Family features one mother and her three

children. The Weavers include Linda, 46; Rebecca, 19;

Rachel, 16 and Rolly, 14.

The Weaver Family hails from Ormond Beach, Florida. Linda, the mother of three, lost her husband and their father almost two years ago in an accident at Daytona International Speedway. Linda's children are Rebecca, 19; Rachel, 16 and the lone man of the team, Rolly, who is 14.

Since her husband's death, Linda, 46, has been forced to play the role of both breadwinner and nurturer. Linda is an elementary school teacher who is hoping her experience on "The Amazing Race" will alleviate some of the heartache from the past couple of years.

Rebecca, 19, is the oldest child who enjoys surfing and horseback riding. Her proudest accomplishment is getting through the turmoil of losing her father without going crazy.

Rachel, 16, is a junior in high school. Rachel likes four-wheeling and riding horses.

Rolly, 14, is the youngest team member. Rolly enjoys football and basketball. He admits that he's running 'The Race' for his father.

The buggy rolled right over Rolly!!

The brake doesn't work by itself girls, you have to pull it!!

I like them alot too.

I also feel sorry for them and hope that their mutual loss of thier father can keep them strong and united throughout the race and beyond...

And that Rebecca is growing on me...;)

I thought it was the mother who was on the ground, again, i missed alot of the show last night due to helping a friend in need (why do my friends need me on Tuesdays or Thursdays lol) but I caught part of that.

I thought it was the mother who was on the ground, again, i missed alot of the show last night due to helping a friend in need (why do my friends need me on Tuesdays or Thursdays lol) but I caught part of that.

I think it was the mother too. Not to be funny or tasteless, but I am so glad she was alright after that because I can't imagine ,after losing a father in an auto racing accident, losing a mother to an amish buggy mishap. No matter how tragic that was, who here would be able to keep a straight face over that kind of irony?

I live in Orlando, and they are in our news area. they CBS Station here had a spot about them it was a sad story. From what I saw last night they are a good team, working with each other, and getting things done with out fighting. and even with the buggy accident they made up time and got to the mat pretty fast. They are one of my favorites so far.

Love, love, love this family. They seem the most "real" to me. . . like families in my own neighborhood. Now if they could just stay away from buggies the rest of the race. . .

wow!! I like them a lot.. mainly because they have so much respect for each other and encourage each other everything they do. I can't believe they are also a christian family, that's rare to see.. especially on a reality tv show. (or i'm just missing them for some reason). And DURING the race.. they still have their faith in God.. that's crazy cool/good. I doubt i can do such a thing during situtations like that.

My favorite family so far...

I liked this family too..I am glad I decided to watch there are a few teams I can see myself cheering on. The daughter really needs to keep 2 feet on the floor when driving though :)

OH NEB, that irritated me sooooooooooooooo much lol. My step sister drives like that and I hate it.

I read the update and the mother had switched places with the son before the incident so it was indeed the mother who got toppled.

Just for a laugh I tried to put my leg up in the car like Rebecca and I could not even do it for one second! How on earth does she drive like that?

And DURING the race.. they still have their faith in God.. that's crazy cool/good. I doubt i can do such a thing during situtations like that.

I don't mind their faith but I wish they would keep that stuff to themselves. Do you have a relationship with Jesus? I would have had to say, uh, no, I don't have a relationship with imaginary people.

how does she drive?

i didn't notice.

when i drive I sit on my left leg..it is under me so my foot points toward the passenger, is that what she was doing?

how does she drive?

i didn't notice.

when i drive I sit on my left leg..it is under me so my foot points toward the passenger, is that what she was doing?

yeah basically

I don't mind their faith but I wish they would keep that stuff to themselves. Do you have a relationship with Jesus? I would have had to say, uh, no, I don't have a relationship with imaginary people.

dude.. they WERE keeping it to themself.. i mean, they have cameras all around them, what do you expect they do?

At least they aren't YELLING it for the whole street to hear..

Think before you type <_<

how does she drive?

i didn't notice.

She sits with her left leg up on the door almost so that she can set her elbow on her knew while she drives. I am assuming you drive an automatic and not a standard if that's how you drive.

The daughter really needs to keep 2 feet on the floor when driving though :)

I drive with both feet, one for the gas pedal and one for the brake... The only time I use the same foot for the gas and brake is when there is a clutch involved...

dude.. they WERE keeping it to themself.. i mean, they have cameras all around them, what do you expect they do?

They asked a perfect stranger if he knew Jesus. That's not keeping it to themselves. I stand by my response.

Wow, how can you not help but want to root for this family? They just seem like the nicest, most unassuming folk. And then they suffered that terrible tragedy of losing their father in the racing accident, and have been so candid about their personal and family struggles in the wake of their loss. I'm so glad that they're doing so well in the race and that they even won the extra prize! :)

So happy for this family that they came in first tonight! They really worked together...and as for how the daughter drives with her left leg up, I've done it all my life on occasion for brief periods at a time in nontraffic situations especially on long road trips since really you only use one foot to acclerate or brake (at least most people do). Something about it once in a blue is relaxing & a chance of pace.

I was so happy that they came in first last night! They play it smart and let which ever is the best at something do it Like having the son do the running for something. Has anyone seen the mother drive yet? I have only noticed the one girl driving.I hope they keep the lead!

They are definitely my favorite team now! I think it is great how encouraging they are to each other, and how excited they are about the race. Good Luck to Them!!

Thank you to brucebeh!