Sign in to follow this  
Phil-o-mania

The Schroeder Family

cbs.com

The Schroeder Family ~ New Orleans, Louisiana

Schroder2.jpg

The Schroeders are a blended family team made up of

Mark, 40; Char, 39; Stassi, 17 and Hunter, 15.

Mark and Char Schroeder are from New Orleans, Louisiana. Mark's two children from a previous marriage, Stassi, 17 and Hunter, 15, round out the well-traveled family team.

Mark, 40, is an architect. He enjoys painting, working out and is admittedly arrogant and confident. Mark hopes 'The Race' will teach his family how to rely on each other.

Char, 39, works as a public relations director. Focused and friendly, Char is the family mediator and is forced to step in to resolve family conflicts from time to time.

Stassi, 17, is the queen of the family. Outgoing and adventurous, she is entering her senior year of high school. Stassi is Mark's daughter from a previous marriage.

Her younger brother, Hunter, 15, is also Mark's son from a previous marriage. Hunter is entering ninth grade this fall. He describes himself as preppy and hyper. Several of Hunter's teammates complain that he can be lazy at times--a trait not commonly found in 'The Race.'

As they embark on the ultimate family vacation, the ultra-competitive Schroeders are ready for any challenges "The Amazing Race" throws their way.

I don't think I care for them to much. I don't appreciate some of the stuff the dad was saying, but they did say that's his personality. We will see, I guess.

I don't think I care for them to much. I don't appreciate some of the stuff the dad was saying, but they did say that's his personality. We will see, I guess.

I agree. The comment about wishing he had a handicapped child so he could beat the traffic was very insensitive. No excuse for that, IMO.

I do NOT like this team, m least favorites next to that Italian family.

I don't think Mark is the typical Southern Gentleman....

The Amazing Race Schroeder Family Lost Everything In Hurricane Katrina

On the Amazing Race Family Edition, ten families compete in a grueling race around the world for a million dollar prize. However, nothing encountered on The Amazing Race can compare to what one of the families competing on the show has been through recently. The Schroeder family is from New Orleans, Louisiana and lost everything during Hurricane Katrina

The Schroeder family consists of Mark, Char, Stassi, and Hunter. Mark is an architect, while his wife Char is a public relations director. Stassi and Hunter are Mark

Guest noodle

This is my favorite team, I love Mark's weird sense of humor

Guest ranster627
I agree. The comment about wishing he had a handicapped child so he could beat the traffic was very insensitive. No excuse for that, IMO.

DITTO, well said ... he disgusted me with that comment ...

oh yeah.. i agree.. this family is just messed, they diss other people so much they think they're the BOB in the entire world. Get a life, you are on a REALITY tv show.. act like it.

I dislike this family as much as the italian family.. (Paolo).. they argue so much is funny.

The way that article sounds they did not make it far in the race? Well I hope that things go well for them.

To me it just sounds like they weren't the winners. I don't see anything about how far they made it though. ALTHOUGH it also says they lost two of their cars, meaning they have more then two, so who knows.

When I read the article, I read it the way the you guys did. Doesn't sound like they were the winners. I am glad that they received help, though.

I was hesitant to make any negative comments about this guy because of what they've lost in Hurricane Katrina, and also because I could see his humor appealing to a couple of people, but . . .

. . . it's just to hard to resist. Yeah, I didn't think that comment about having a disabled kid was so funny. I just wonder if his insensitivity will also show in his treatment of his family or his interactions with other teams. I'm kind of skeptical about this guy. But if he treats his family okay and is respectful of other players, I would lean towards saying he's allright.

Hmmm . . . what are the chances?

Some people have a very nasty sense of a humour...

I find the guy almost offensive, yet still quite enetertaining.

If anything, its the way his voice loses pitch and gets squeaky which irritates me.

And does he put of fake accents...because that's also annoying because he sucks at them...

still, i found the panties comment devilishly humourous...

What's up with the step mom getting so bent out of shape because the two boys are talking to each other at the airport? Oh no, he's going to give away team strategy.

I didn't get that either. Her saying the boy would be excluded from family "strategy" talks LOL! What was the big deal? they're the same age, of course they'll gravitate toward each other.

I really hadn't even noticed this family til that happened last night...

From the CBS website it said that the Weaver's weren't sure about flying and what to expect so they asked lots of questions and one of the Aiellos asked her if they got on a better flight and the mother wouldn't answer so the other teams took this to mean..................ah heck, here it is pasted from the cbs website

THE ENEMY

During the hours before the flight to Charleston boarded, Linda Weaver and her family, not overly familiar with airline transportation, decided to ask the ticket agents some general questions about what to expect. Their inquisition drew the attention of the Schroeder and Aiello families who assumed the Weavers were trying to sneak onto a better flight. As the Weavers walked away from the counter, Kevin, from the Aiello family, asked them if they found another flight, but the Weavers didn

Fearing Hunter may give away information to Rolly, Char told him to

Thanks for the info Diamond. That explains a lot. I saw the Aiello guy and the others' reaction, but didn't know why or what family had done something to tick them all off. Poor Weaver Family, Talk about being missunderstood :( !

Thanks for the info Diamond, that explains a lot. I saw the Aiello guy and the others' reaction, but didn't know why or what family had done something to tick them all off. Poor Weaver Family, Talk about being missunderstood :( !

No problem, i missed what happened before that comment too. I love the Aiello family but hopefully when they watch the show they will see it was all misunderstanding.

That hunter punk has the IQ of a doorknob..

Since I've known Hunter since he was born I feel I have to comment on this remark. Hunter is not a punk as stated above. He happens to be a very quiet, nice 14 year old boy who gets very good grades in school. Remember people that 95% of this show is on the editing room's floor.

Since I've known Hunter since he was born I feel I have to comment on this remark. Hunter is not a punk as stated above. He happens to be a very quiet, nice 14 year old boy who gets very good grades in school. Remember people that 95% of this show is on the editing room's floor.

I am just going on what I see... His "she's a Bitch" comment wasn't very quiet or nice... On AR he is a punk and his Dad is a complete Jerk... Every comment or action they make during the race is fair game for us to critique..