Sign in to follow this  
Phil-o-mania

The Paolo Family

Yeah, the Paolos are like a scab that won't go away. Disgusting to look at, but mildly fascinating.

I think a lot of people are starting to think more kindly about the Paolos after that show.

In the first couple of weeks, I kinda liked them, but only for their entertainment value. But last night they kinda rehabilitated themselves.

First the mom , in a depressed mood, tells us shes "a failure as a mother" because her son "doesn't love her".

Then one of the boys tells us how proud he is of his dad, the garbageman, because "he's always worked hard and supports us".

Finally, when they bungee-jumped in pairs, Ma was paired up with the terrified kid that was giving her all the problems. She coaxed him to do it, and when they got to the bottom, he gave her a big hug and told her he was proud of her.

Ma was happy again, because "he loves me".

I think this family is teaching us that not all close family units come in the cookie-cutter, Stepford family mold. This is as loving a family as any of the others, for all their yelling.

Also, as was mentioned earlier in this thread, yelling and arguing is their way of communicating. It's how they function.

I know there are a lot of people that still don't like this family, but warts and all, I like them.

the one son she argues with all the time said in confessional early in he seasonthat he loves his mom, shes just annoying

Well, she is annoying, but HEY - wonder if he's looked in the mirror lately --- he is beyond annoying (not to mention obnoxious, rude, loud, did I say obnoxious??)

italians from jersey. what else can ya expect ...lol

I completely agree with Suds.. im gettting used to the Paolo's-- but the weavers? different story.

Early on, I only rooted for this team because I thought they were absolutely hilarious yet so whacked out. In my own sick way, I wanted the teams I didn't like weeded out so I could enjoy their off-the-wall, yet weirdly entertaining, interaction in the meantime. Well, we're how many weeks into the race and I'm actually liking this family realizing that, like any other family, they have their own issues and drama to work through. Their way of dealing with stress might not be the way most people handle it, but at least they "put it out there" so everyone knows what they're thinking. They're obviously doing something right because they're still in the race.

Go Paolo Family! (OMG did I just say that?) :)

Theyre Growing on us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MWAHAHAHAHA lol

Well, the Barrones...err...the Paolos' made it to the end again....and in first place! I'm back to not liking the rude, obnoxoius sons, still find the "MAAAAAAHHHH" whiny and annoying...BUT...LOOOOOOOOVVVEEEE the dad :P ...I find him endearing, especially when he gives those happy, big bear hugs to Phil :) ...watching that is enough for me to not mind them not being eliminated yet from the race :P

Did you see the Dad power through those banana stalks!?

It was awesome watching him while the sons struggled.

But they did give thier father props, and for that I think this family acctually appriciates thier flaws and collective strengths.

They're turning out to be very good all-round...

Also, read thier profile again.

They didn't lie about a single thing!

:o

I sure did :) !!! Dad was THA MAN!!! Really put the little wimps to shame LOL! True about the props too, they did the same thing last week. That's when they started growing on me. This family reminds me so much of Raymond's family, except, I like Marie LOL!

I don't doubt they're very close and sincere. I'd just hate to be stuck in an elevator with Mahhh and her boys :rolleyes:...OMG the horror :o !!!

Yep..

I hated how the Weavers made fun of them posing in front of a garbage truck...

all that garbage lifting sure did Dad a good deed last night!

but DJ & Mahh.. ohh my.. they clash so much but it's still entertaining.

My favorite is still the Hott Hott Hott Linz family--those boys whooo hooo what can i say!

This family with all their infighting and the mothers caterwalling is growing on me and i am liking them more than some of the other teams!

I was actually happy to see them in first place last week but this week i was hoping my HOTT HOTT HOTT boyz would have come in first.

I cant stand the Weaver family and its mostly the mother. I got really ticked at her when she was telling the guy driving the boat for the other team to GO SLOW but when the Linz boyz were chanting at the baseball detour she got all pissy! I guess she feels its okay for her to say stuff but not the other teams...AND why do ALL the other teams dislike them? ;)

wow i cant believe im sayin this but the paolos are starting to be more fun and entertaining to watch and less annoying than usual. just an ep or 2 till the weavers become my #1 hated family. the "shut up ma" is still really annoying and rude but im starting to like them a lil more. keep it up paolos. ur doing great

LMAO. Maybe they are just Ok!!! lol.

Theyre not holier than thou god pushers, like other people

So, seems like a few of us are the only ones that seem to have the problem of the Paolo family seriously growing on them, almost to favorite team status.

Well were not alone.

I watched TV Talk Reality on TV Guide Channel last night and they were saying the exact same thing about the Paolo's. They took it farther than we have here, but they really like them.

I didnt expect to. I wanted them gone week two, but now i want themto win. 3 weeks at #1, thats awesome!

As I write this from the Paolo Fan Quarantine Lockdown :) tomorrow's previews have me a little concerned for Papa Paolo. Looks like he's having trouble in the water. I hope this isn't the end for them.

Go Paolos!

Two Hour Episode!!! Looks like they go in planes. One looks like its going down, maybe thats part of the mission though

I really was hoping the mom would smack the sh-- out of that oldest son! He is just too mean to his mom!

The youngest Paolo shedding a tear really tugged on my heart strings..

I must say that this team has given me more ups and downs with my feelings for them. They are gone and I will miss their bickering and watching them grow up as a family.

Good luck!!