Sign in to follow this  
Phil-o-mania

The Paolo Family

I think they should have been eliminated, clue or no clue, cause they are so rude!

:lol:

Yes, why did CBS even bother to show the clue-dropping if it wasn't going to factor into the outcome?

Doesn't it seem like CBS just fits the rules according to the outcome they want? I think CBS likes having at least one dysfunctional team on their roster to 'spice' things up and show how important it is to have good teamwork because there's one of 'those' teams every single year. Last season it was Ray and Deena ('suck it up, I HATE quitters'), the year before it was Jon and Victoria ('you're so stupid'). I mean, they must have known the Paolo's were going to be such a disaster - they hadn't even left lower Manhattan and were already falling apart (and they're FROM NYC :blink: )

I had a hard time watching the Paolo's...the kids were SO disrespectful and the father did nothing about it. ugh...frustrating. But, hey...gotta have a team you love to hate. ;)

I too kept waiting for them to get a penalty for losing the clue, but I guess not. *shrug*

I feel sorry for the mother... those kids don't respect her at all. The father is acting like a bump on a log. It's a shame really.

That's exactly how I felt.

yeah.. thse two kids dont respect their dad or mom..

Quote.. "ARE YOU STUPID?" to his dad....

hmm.. it'd be fun to be their parents :o

By the looks of things, the mother tries and the father does crap so the kids get away with everything. Happens in many families if one parent lets the kids away with everything they will walk all over everyone.

In the updates on CBS it says the Paolo family went back and retrieved their lost clue, so it must have aired and just no one really noticed. Seeing as no one really likes this team, who really pays attention to what they do.

Arriving at Belmont Plateau in first place, the Aiello family pitched their tent to secure a 10 am departure time. Joining the Aiellos in a 10 am departure were widow Linda Weaver and her family, along with the Gaghan family with children Billy and Carissa. Because they got lost on the way to the park, Wally Bransen and his daughters had to settle for a 10:30 am departure along with the pair of Louisiana Teams, the Rogers and Schroeders. Starting the day in last place at 11 am were the Black family, the Godlewski sisters, the Linz siblings, and the Paolo family, who also needed to retrieve a lost clue before finally arriving at Belmont Plateau for the night.

Remember when the Mother suggested that they should stop and get something to eat. LOL. I have a feeling she's not much of a TAR follower/watcher. I could never, ever talk back to my parents like that. I was almost in shock at first. Should be fun to watch them bicker their way through the race.

LOL, that gave me a chuckle when she suggested getting something to eat.

While watching with my 8 year old son - it was mentioned over and over that he was to never speak to his mother that way. My 8 year old said, "Never daddy, that's awful!"

While watching with my 8 year old son - it was mentioned over and over that he was to never speak to his mother that way. My 8 year old said, "Never daddy, that's awful!"

That's good, some kids just know better. It's sad that 8 year olds know it better then 16 and 24 year olds

If you haven't learned by eight, no one will be able to teach you by 16 or 24.

After everything my parents have given me, they get the final word (or now that I'm 23 I'll take their advice to heart), they've earned that from me. It's sad that people don't understand that. In college it was amazing how many people only saw their parents as a bank.

Geez man, this family is some piece of work. Did you catch the compliment they tossed in about their mom while they were being questioned by Phil? What is it with these reality show contestants who act like total monsters when they forget about the cameras being around them 24/7, and then think they can fool us when they're 'on camera' with the host. That makes them seem even worse because that shows that they know it makes them look crappy to constantly be disrespecting their mom but they do it anyway.

And dad was yelling at mom tonight too, but mom seems to be playing her own part in all of this - not too cool rolling her eyes at her son and saying 'I told you so, you never listen, waaa waaa waaa.' This family needs some serious therapy. :(

The "boys" needed to learn by a bacca of da hand by 5 that you don't bite the hand that feeds you the lasagna, the father needs to show his "palenes" and the mother needs to shuddap the whining mouth & instead go on strike when her family disrespects her like that

I am surprised they are still in the race. Well Someone must be watching over them. For once I agreed with the mother when she told them to stop for gas. They were low and around gas stations they should have stopped, unlike wait then hunt around for a station and lose time. I had a ex that would do that all the time and it would piss me off to no end.Though was Happy the father stepped in and several arguements this time, so he does have a spine after all.

I couldn't believe they made it in time again, last night...ugh <_< !

Sorry, I don't feel sorry for the mother. She's allowed those two little dweebs to disrespect her for so long, it's become second nature to them to do so.

I have two teen age boys (13/14) and a 10 yr old one. They wouldn't even think of talking to me like that...EVER!...their father lets them get away with some familiarity...yet they know better than to get fresh with him in front of me...It's just unacceptable.

A lot of parents now let the kids rule the roost, especially boys, thinking that will make them men, when instead it makes them act like bullies with no respect for any kind of authority. That's when you get Paolo type kids. They've lack discipline and the presence of strong parental influence. Kids need to be given boundaries, discipline, and respect growing up... and I'm not talking spanking, although sometimes a good smack on the bum, when they're younger than 8, comes in handy too :) .

The Paolo Parents are reaping what they sowed, unfortunately. I just wish I didn't have to watch them do it on national TV... :(

damn these paolo people, making 2 nice(er) teams go before them!

IMO the mother is just as annoying as those kids. She NEVER shuts up. "I told you whe should have got gas" she said that so many times that it was hyper annoying. When I was in HS I went to Sea World with a family like them that constantly fought all the way there and all they way back. Despite it they were still a close family as I'm sure the Paolo's probably are too. Definitely not my favorites but they are entertaining as hell to watch. They are definitely not on the same level as Jonathon or Colin from previous seasons. Mouthy yes but abusive..no!

I couldn't believe they made it in time again, last night...ugh <_< !

Sorry, I don't feel sorry for the mother. She's allowed those two little dweebs to disrespect her for so long, it's become second nature to them to do so.

I have two teen age boys (13/14) and a 10 yr old one. They wouldn't even think of talking to me like that...EVER!...their father lets them get away with some familiarity...yet they know better than to get fresh with him in front of me...It's just unacceptable.

A lot of parents now let the kids rule the roost, especially boys, thinking that will make them men, when instead it makes them act like bullies with no respect for any kind of authority. That's when you get Paolo type kids. They've lack discipline and the presence of strong parental influence. Kids need to be given boundaries, discipline, and respect growing up... and I'm not talking spanking, although sometimes a good smack on the bum, when they're younger than 8, comes in handy too :) .

ok i find this family, mother included, annoying.....................BUT this isn't neccessarily true. Just because the father lets them away with everything doesn't mean the mother has too. FROM years of experience, i know that one parent can be the enforcer and one let them away with everything and they turn out like that!

ok i find this family, mother included, annoying.....................BUT this isn't neccessarily true. Just because the father lets them away with everything doesn't mean the mother has too. FROM years of experience, i know that one parent can be the enforcer and one let them away with everything and they turn out like that!

I didn't say the mother "has to" anything... I said that the father "letting the kids get away with everything" is no excuse for the mother to allow the kids (AND THE FATHER, for that matter) to disrespect her constantly. And, guess what? I know this FROM years of experience too! LOL :D !

In my house, I am the "enforcer". I get along great with my teen boys, but they know who's the boss at all times. Their father allows them to cross lines I wouldn't, but they (including the hubster :) ) know better than to do it infront of or to the "enforcer".

I don't watch the "nanny's fixing families" shows for the same reason I don't like watching the Paolo family on TAR ...I hate watching parents letting the kids walk all over them all the while whining about it, on my TV show, like they have no idea how it happened (even more annoying is the fact that they actually have no idea...ugh!).

That was and is my point :) .

I didn't say the mother "has to" anything... I said that the father "letting the kids get away with everything" is no excuse for the mother to allow the kids (AND THE FATHER, for that matter) to disrespect her constantly. And, guess what? I know this FROM years of experience too! LOL :D !

In my house, I am the "enforcer". I get along great with my teen boys, but they know who's the boss at all times. Their father allows them to cross lines I wouldn't, but they (including the hubster :) ) know better than to do it infront of or to the "enforcer".

I don't watch the "nanny's fixing families" shows for the same reason I don't like watching the the Paolo family on TAR ...I hate watching parents letting the kids walk all over them all the while whining about it, on my TV show, like they have no idea how it happened (even more annoying is the fact that they actually have no idea...ugh!).

That was and is my point :) .

You said "She's allowed those two little dweebs to disrespect her for so long, it's become second nature to them to do so."

Who's to say she allowed it. Like I said, from years of experience, THAT isn't necessarily true. Maybe she has, but NO ONE knows because we don't see them in REAL life. I've seen my best friend enforce and punish and not allow ANYTHING and then in comes daddy dearest and the kids are back to being disrespectful and everything. I said it wasn't necessarily true based on experience you are trying to say it IS true based on experience. I've seen nothing but the mother try to enforce and the father not helping. I have yet to see her LET them away with anything.

...And she HAS ALLOWED those little dweebs (including and MOST IMPORTANTLY, HER HUSBAND) to direspect her for so long it's become second nature to do so, IN MY OPINION :) .

...I wasn't "trying" to say my opinion is based on experience...I AM SAYING it IS based on experience...MY OWN :) !!! You based your opinion on what you know about your friend and her family, and that's okay. I do not refute that. Obviously, we all base our opinions on personal experience, and many of our experiences are different, thus, the differences in our views about this, or any other, kind of situation :) .

If I had waited and depended on my husband to teach my kids to respect ME, I would be another Mrs. Paolo, whining and all. NOBODY can or will EVER "MAKE" ANYONE respect YOU. WE have to EARN respect on our own, especially from children.

And yes, if every time they tell her (Mrs. Paolo) to "shut up", dismiss what she says, and/or talk back to her, she ALLOWS it (from the time they were little, obviously)...she's letting them get away with being disrespectful to her. And if she has ALLOWED daddy dearest to let the kids be little thugs to her and/or in general...she's totally deserving of what she's getting now (IMHO) and I don't like watching it on my TV.

Now, because they are part of a show I happen to like, I'm being forced to watch them...and I'm expressing MY reason for why they annoy me...:)

We're obviously not going to agree on this, and that's fine! Fortunately, we're all entitled to having our own opinions, so let's just agree to disagree this time, okay :) ?

Bygones :)

Guest ranster627

kids learn by the examples they are set ...

The whole family drives me nuts. Not even need to watch train-wreck kind of nuts. I find them really hard to sit through, and am very much hoping they get eliminated quickly.

Track;

Nice bunny avatar ;)

The whole family drives me nuts. Not even need to watch train-wreck kind of nuts. I find them really hard to sit through, and am very much hoping they get eliminated quickly.

AMEN...!!!... :)