Sign in to follow this  
Phil-o-mania

The Paolo Family

cbs.com

The Paolo Family ~ Carmel, New York

Paolo2.jpg

The Paolo Family includes Tony, 52; DJ, 24; Marion, 52

and Brian, 16.

Tony and Marion Paolo, from Carmel, New York, are the proud parents of two sons, DJ and Brian. The bickering is constant for these lovable New Yorkers.

Tony, 52, is a sanitation worker in New York City. He describes himself as hardworking and charismatic and says the most exciting moment of his life was coming to the United States from Italy.

Marion, 52, is a proud homemaker who considers herself to be persevering and hard-headed. Marion's pet peeve about Tony is that he lets his sons get away with two much.

DJ, 24, works in title report production. Spontaneous and stubborn, DJ admits to having a fear of heights as well as a big mouth.

His brother, Brian, 16, is entering his senior year of high school. Brian is painfully embarrassed by his family and is convinced he's the only sane one in the bunch.

Neither son thinks their mother will be able to last long on 'The Race.' No matter how much picking and nagging goes on amongst this foursome, the Paolos are ready to put all of that aside for the chance to win $1 million on "The Amazing Race."

I was really hoping that they would get eliminated tonight... Those two boy's are an embarrassment

To their family

Earlier in the episode when the Palao family was crossing the river, they dropped the clue. The teams need the clues before they can check into the pit stop (like in previous seasons), but they checked in without the clue. Did they go get the clue while they were camping?

You know who runs this family ! The brats do. The dad does nothing he just sits there and does nothing even when the mom said that he needed to have a heart to heart with the one bratty kid who was very disrespectful.

This whole family got on my nerves they just fight amongst themselves the only emotion the dad showed is when he grabbed Phil and was trying to kiss him. Although i think Phil is gay he didnt look like he enjoyed that kiss.

Earlier in the episode when the Palao family was crossing the river, they dropped the clue. The teams need the clues before they can check into the pit stop (like in previous seasons), but they checked in without the clue. Did they go get the clue while they were camping?

They had the clue but dropped it. I remember in past races where a team didn't stop and get a clue but just followed other teams to the pit stop, they where sent back to get the clue. Last season one of the teams lost their clue and went back and took a second one then where penalized at the pit stop. But I don't know the official rules for the Palao family, technecly they already got the clue.

They were going to go back, but then then decideded not to go back. One of the sons remembered were they needed to go. they would not have been eliminated for that usally teams get a time penalty for that. I am not sure why they did not, get that?

Guest just for fun
I think they just went back and got it...I dont think TAR showed it though...

remember in one of the seasons, the one team lost their clue before they got to the airport and decided to go on anyway, because they remembered where they had to so, just not the specifics. they decided to get on the plane to alaska i think and follow one of the other teams to the next clue box. i don't think they have to have the clue unless it says they have to bring that one clue to the pit stop.

I don't think you need the clue to check in. You just have to finish the leg as the clue states. The son remembered the location so they were able to finish.

In the past Freddy and Kenda (I think) went back and took a second clue and received a time penatly.

Chip and his partner did not finish the leg as stated in the clue so they had to complete it properly.

My wife and I were wondering the same thing. I thought there was a time penalty if you did not have your clue.

The older brother is a little too old to be that annoyed with his mother. The younger one I can understand. I can remember my mom taking me to New Orleans to see her beloved Raiders in the SB when I was in high school and being the self involved teen I got pissed at how slow she was walking and I left her at the airport and took my own cab to our hotel. Teens do disrespectful things sometimes.

Well, I thought the rule was that you needed your clue even though you knew where you were going. Maybe they changed it, maybe it was already like that...

I don't know...

maybe if they droped the blie before a PITstop it would have been different, but it was just a REST stop?

Well, I thought the rule was that you needed your clue even though you knew where you were going. Maybe they changed it, maybe it was already like that...

I know that one season a team got their clue, dropped it and then went back and got another one and they had to go all the way back and get the clue (freddy and kendra i think).

Another time a team just followed the rest and never got their clue and they had to go back to get it, (i think that was Chip and Kim).

As for getting the clue and losing it i don't know.

I know that feeling. I used to get embarrassed if my mom so much as talked to me but I don't think I ever disrespected her like that in public. (Not that in private was any better but still)I thought they were a true embarrassment, but the fact that they did it so much and the father does nothing makes me believe this is how they act at home too. I thought she was going to break down and cry so often :(

As others have already stated, I think the rules are that you must get one and only one clue from the clue box. I don't believe that there is a penalty for losing your clue, as it has happened in other seasons. The teams either remember what they have to do or where they have to go, or they ask other teams for help.

Didn't Amber and Rob last season get a time penilty because they did not have the clue when they got to the mat?Like others said it may not matter at a rest stop only at the pit stop.

I can not stand this team! The kids are spoiled, A..Holes. The mother Is not to bright and yells and bitches to get her way(which does not work) and the Father needs a spine, He needs to step in and nip these fights in the bud. But the Wife and brats have run over him so much that I think if he did try now it would not work. I was surprised that they were not the last team. How they were the thrid to the last team is a miricle.

I think they did go back and get it because she said that they had to go back. This is one family that I'm not very fond of....I hope they get eliminated soon, them and those screaming Weaver's! :)